NE AMBER TJADEN: Missing from Weeping Water, NE - 27 Jan 2021 - Age 48 *Found Deceased*

1612324541126.png

Documents: Husband of missing Cass County woman fled from deputies when they tried to stop him​

The husband of a missing Cass County woman has been arrested after deputies say he fled when they tried to pull him over.

According to court documents, 38-year-old Matthew Tjaden has been arrested on charges of flight to avoid prosecution and child neglect. Authorities at the Cass County jail confirmed he bonded out of jail Monday night.

Officials say 48-year-old Amber Tjaden, of Weeping Water, has been missing since last Wednesday. The sheriff believes she's driving a 2019 black Jaguar model "F-Pace" with the Nebraska license 20-T-638.

Amber Tjaden is a daughter of former Omaha Mayor Jim Suttle.

According to an affidavit from the Cass County Sheriff's Office, deputies were trying to make contact with Matthew Tjaden last Thursday in relation to his missing wife. Deputies say he was the last person to have contact with her, and he never called authorities to say she was missing. Amber Tjaden's 22-year-old daughter was the concerned party that reported her mother missing.

Upon arrival at his house, deputies met with a juvenile male who provided the number for Matthew Tjaden. When deputies called, Matthew said he was "out looking for his wife and would not come back to speak with investigat0rs."

He told officials that he and his wife had an argument last Wednesday and that she left the home that evening. He said he thought he had to wait 48 hours to file a missing person report.

Deputies said Matthew Tjaden seemed upset that they would not leave the property and at one point yelled, "Get the f--- off my property." He again refused to return to the home to talk to investigators. Amber Tjaden's daughter told deputies that when she went to the home to search for her mother, Matthew Tjaden yelled at her to leave and stated he felt "she was there to spy on him."

Detectives found prior protection orders naming Matthew Tjaden.

Eventually, Matthew Tjaden returned to the residence but would not come up the driveway. When deputies put the cruiser lights on, he took off and deputies initiated a pursuit. After a brief chase, Matthew Tjaden pulled back into his driveway. Deputies said he would not cooperate and refused orders to get down. Eventually, a Taser was deployed and he was taken into custody.

Authorities said Matthew Tjaden was argumentative and changed his story. His younger children were placed into state custody.

Amber Tjaden filed for two protection orders again Matthew in 2015. In one of the petitions in Douglas County, Amber said her husband had been working in Iowa, becoming more mentally unstable, and she believed he was using drugs. She called some of his behavior "bizarre".

Amber Tjaden wrote in the petition that Matthew called her at 12:30 a.m. one morning "screaming at me there was a man in our home. He told me he was loading his shot gun and on his way to shoot me".

She wrote "I am in a constant state of fear for the safety of my children and myself".

Last edited by a moderator:

Daughter of former Omaha mayor missing; husband released from custody​

Former Omaha Mayor Jim Suttle said family members continue to work closely with the Cass County Sheriff’s Office in the search for his daughter, 48-year-old Amber Tjaden of Weeping Water.

Suttle commended the sheriff’s office investigators for their professionalism and said the family is confident that if they can find the SUV-type Jaguar Tjaden had been driving, they will find Amber.

The license plates on the black, 2019 Jaguar, Model F-Pace, are 20-T638. Authorities have not been able to track the vehicle as its version of OnStar has not been activated.

Tjaden has not been seen or heard from since Wednesday, Jan. 27.

View attachment 9493

Documents: Husband of missing Cass County woman fled from deputies when they tried to stop him​

The husband of a missing Cass County woman has been arrested after deputies say he fled when they tried to pull him over.

According to court documents, 38-year-old Matthew Tjaden has been arrested on charges of flight to avoid prosecution and child neglect. Authorities at the Cass County jail confirmed he bonded out of jail Monday night.

Officials say 48-year-old Amber Tjaden, of Weeping Water, has been missing since last Wednesday. The sheriff believes she's driving a 2019 black Jaguar model "F-Pace" with the Nebraska license 20-T-638.

Amber Tjaden is a daughter of former Omaha Mayor Jim Suttle.

According to an affidavit from the Cass County Sheriff's Office, deputies were trying to make contact with Matthew Tjaden last Thursday in relation to his missing wife. Deputies say he was the last person to have contact with her, and he never called authorities to say she was missing. Amber Tjaden's 22-year-old daughter was the concerned party that reported her mother missing.

Upon arrival at his house, deputies met with a juvenile male who provided the number for Matthew Tjaden. When deputies called, Matthew said he was "out looking for his wife and would not come back to speak with investigat0rs."

He told officials that he and his wife had an argument last Wednesday and that she left the home that evening. He said he thought he had to wait 48 hours to file a missing person report.

Deputies said Matthew Tjaden seemed upset that they would not leave the property and at one point yelled, "Get the f--- off my property." He again refused to return to the home to talk to investigators. Amber Tjaden's daughter told deputies that when she went to the home to search for her mother, Matthew Tjaden yelled at her to leave and stated he felt "she was there to spy on him."

Detectives found prior protection orders naming Matthew Tjaden.

Eventually, Matthew Tjaden returned to the residence but would not come up the driveway. When deputies put the cruiser lights on, he took off and deputies initiated a pursuit. After a brief chase, Matthew Tjaden pulled back into his driveway. Deputies said he would not cooperate and refused orders to get down. Eventually, a Taser was deployed and he was taken into custody.

Authorities said Matthew Tjaden was argumentative and changed his story. His younger children were placed into state custody.

Amber Tjaden filed for two protection orders again Matthew in 2015. In one of the petitions in Douglas County, Amber said her husband had been working in Iowa, becoming more mentally unstable, and she believed he was using drugs. She called some of his behavior "bizarre".

Amber Tjaden wrote in the petition that Matthew called her at 12:30 a.m. one morning "screaming at me there was a man in our home. He told me he was loading his shot gun and on his way to shoot me".

She wrote "I am in a constant state of fear for the safety of my children and myself".
Six years later and this suspect is still unstable. I’m very uncomfortable with him being released from jail. I hope they did a psych analyzation on him. I’m glad the children are away from him.

There is a cycle to abuse, for those who might not be familiar with it. It can be difficult to understand why protective orders were dismissed, but it happens quite often during the "honeymoon" phase of the cycle. That phase can last for a long period of time, or a short period of time. It depends on the individuals involved.

abusewheel.gif

Exactly. Why would she leave her precious children with an abuser? :(
That happens a LOT though. They figure they are the target and that the abuser won't harm the children and they can retrieve them when they get to where they are going. Yes, we all know that it doesn't always work that way, but that is the mindset of many.

'This is just really, really hard': Former Omaha mayor speaks about search for missing daughter​

It's been one week since Amber Tjaden, of Cass County, Nebraska, vanished, and family said there is still no sign of her.

"This is something that you see in the movies, something that happens to somebody else, well it's happening to our family right now," Suttle said.

Matthew Tjaden is now free on bond, facing charges for the pursuit and child neglect.

Suttle said as of Wednesday, they have little new information.

"Nothing has turned up to date, and here we are pushing into really the ninth day," Suttle said.

Amber was last seen driving a 2019 black Jaguar F-Pace with Nebraska plate 20-T 638.

Suttle hopes people will remember the SUV and Amber's face and call authorities at 402- 296-9370 if they see either.

"That's why we've kind of asked everybody to stay with a single picture of Amber and the single picture of the SUV," Suttle said.

Now he and his wife are caring for their grandsons.

"This is tough and so we're hanging together, we're pulling together. We have her two young sons, 12 and 10 with us, and we're doing things to make sure they do their schooling each day, they have all the things they need as far as a warm house, a safe house. We do family dinner," Suttle said.

As Suttle desperately hopes to bring his daughter home, he knows he has to stay strong for her sons.

"This is just really, really, it's just hard to put it into words the feelings that you have, but we have to go on and particularly pull forward with these two young boys," he said.

1612465787445.png

Her husband has "cooperated"? You mean apart from the teeeeensy little bit about him running away and saying he was NOT going to help, right?

Cass County Sheriff's Office: Aerial search conducted in efforts to find missing woman​

The Nebraska State Patrol and the Omaha Police Department are assisting the investigation into the disappearance of Amber Tjaden, 48, according to a Facebook post by the Cass County Sheriff's Office.

In the Facebook post, the Cass County Sheriff's Office said an aerial search and ground searches have been conducted in the Cass County area.

The Sheriff's Office added that investigators have been looking into tips that came from the general public and family friends.

According to the Facebook post, Amber's husband, Matthew, and his extended family have cooperated with law enforcement.

Her husband has "cooperated"? You mean apart from the teeeeensy little bit about him running away and saying he was NOT going to help, right?

Cass County Sheriff's Office: Aerial search conducted in efforts to find missing woman​

The Nebraska State Patrol and the Omaha Police Department are assisting the investigation into the disappearance of Amber Tjaden, 48, according to a Facebook post by the Cass County Sheriff's Office.

In the Facebook post, the Cass County Sheriff's Office said an aerial search and ground searches have been conducted in the Cass County area.

The Sheriff's Office added that investigators have been looking into tips that came from the general public and family friends.

According to the Facebook post, Amber's husband, Matthew, and his extended family have cooperated with law enforcement.
I’m getting to the point where I don’t believe it when they say that people are cooperating with the police. It seems like that’s what they’ve been saying on every single case.

Search continues for missing Weeping Water woman​

The Cass County Sheriff's Office continues to investigate the disappearance of Weeping Water resident Amber Tjaden with the assistance of the Nebraska State Patrol and the Omaha Police Department, according to a press release from the sheriff’s office.

Her husband, Matthew Tjaden, and his extended family have been cooperating with law enforcement in facilitating searches and the gathering of information, the release said.
An aerial search has been conducted, as well as ground searches in the Cass County area.

Investigators are also following up on tips that have been coming in from the general public and friends of the family. Bulletins have been sent out nationwide and the sheriff's department continues to request the public to provide any information that may assist in finding the 48-year-old Tjaden.

I’m getting to the point where I don’t believe it when they say that people are cooperating with the police. It seems like that’s what they’ve been saying on every single case.
It does seem that way along with never naming suspects, etc. I am sure they hope they won't lawyer up and hope to follow or get more out of them. I don't understand it in all cases though. In the West boys' case, allegedly the adoptive parents have lawyered up. There is a lot of rumor out there but even some of the more responsible creators have said they are lawyered up. Now if the parents are suspects or POIs that he mentioned but did not name, why not name them?

Do you think it has anything to do with how the internet and such and people are going after suspects so they do it to avoid liability or some such? If they don't name them, LE did not cause it? That's a thought I have and wonder about...

I posted I think something about this case in the current thread. I did not connect it in my head to remembering it had a thread. Probably not a big deal it did not say much different than what has been shared here.

It does seem that way along with never naming suspects, etc. I am sure they hope they won't lawyer up and hope to follow or get more out of them. I don't understand it in all cases though. In the West boys' case, allegedly the adoptive parents have lawyered up. There is a lot of rumor out there but even some of the more responsible creators have said they are lawyered up. Now if the parents are suspects or POIs that he mentioned but did not name, why not name them?

Do you think it has anything to do with how the internet and such and people are going after suspects so they do it to avoid liability or some such? If they don't name them, LE did not cause it? That's a thought I have and wonder about...

I posted I think something about this case in the current thread. I did not connect it in my head to remembering it had a thread. Probably not a big deal it did not say much different than what has been shared here.
I’m sure liability has a lot to do with it. There’s also strategic planning for court cases down the road.

Authorities find vehicle of missing Cass County woman​

Otoe County sheriff's deputies confirmed they found the vehicle of a missing Cass County woman late Friday.

The sheriff's office said it located the Jaguar SUV in a rural part of Otoe County. Deputies said they also found an unidentified person's body in that area. Investigators have ordered an autopsy.

Body found in Otoe County; vehicle of missing Weeping Water woman also discovered in area​

The vehicle of a missing Weeping Water woman was found Friday in Otoe County.

The black 2019 Jaguar F-Pace SUV last seen driven by 48-year-old Amber Tjaden, who went missing Jan. 27, was found in rural Otoe County. A deceased person was found in the area as well, according to a press release from the Otoe County Sheriff's Office.

The person's identity has not been released; an autopsy has been ordered.

Body of Amber Tjaden found, family members say​

The daughter of former Omaha Mayor Jim Suttle and State Sen. Deb Suttle has been found dead, family members announced on Facebook on Saturday.

While authorities not have not released the body's identity, Facebook posts from Tjaden’s brother-in-law and daughter confirmed it to be hers.

“It is with a heavy heart that I share that my mom’s car was found and she was found nearby and has passed on,” her daughter Savannah wrote on Facebook.

'The worst has happened': Family members confirm missing Cass County woman has died​

"It is with sad news I pass along that the vehicle has been found, and unfortunately, the worst has happened and Amber has passed.

"To all of her current and former students who have reached out to me out of concern, thank you for your thoughts, prayers, and support. It means a lot to us to know how much Amber has inspired you and touched your lives. We ask that you continue her legacy: stay in school, encourage others to stay in school, and be kind to one another as you continue the hard work of striving to better yourselves through education.

"To all of my Facebook friends, thank you all for your words of support during this difficult time and for sharing this message. The investigator told me this morning that the person who spotted the vehicle did so because they were made aware by this Facebook post. Through all of your sharing and posting, we were able to assist the investigation and ultimately bring this to a conclusion, and so I deeply truly thank you all for your assistance.

"I would like to thank the Cass Country Sheriff's Office, the Otoe County Sheriff's Office, the Omaha Police Department and the Nebraska State Patrol for all of their ceaseless efforts in trying any and all means to locate Amber.

"At this time, I have no additional details to share, as the family is grieving, and I would ask that you please respect their privacy. If anyone has any special memories, thoughts, or messages you would like me to pass along to her family, I will do so, as I know it does provide some comfort in seeing how much of a difference Amber made in so many people's lives."

Sounds like she just had to get away. :( I hope her kids are in a stable, safe, and loving situation.

No foul play suspected in Amber Tjaden's death; officials say she died of cold exposure​

Apreliminary autopsy of a 48-year-old Weeping Water woman whose body was found Friday in rural Otoe County indicated that she died of cold exposure, the Otoe County Sheriff’s Office said Monday.

Investigators do not suspect foul play was involved in Amber Tjaden’s death, the Sheriff’s Office said in a press release.

Her body was discovered in a washed-out section on the side of the road about 2 feet from the SUV. Holland said it was unclear how Tjaden ended up in the ditch, or how long she may have been there.

Holland said there “could be some intoxicants” involved, including beer and sleeping pills. Authorities are awaiting the results of a toxicology report, which could take a month.

Holland said there were no signs of trauma on Tjaden’s body, nor “anything to indicate” signs of foul play at the location where her body was found.

“At this point, we don’t believe there was anyone else involved,” Holland said.

Sounds like she just had to get away. :( I hope her kids are in a stable, safe, and loving situation.

No foul play suspected in Amber Tjaden's death; officials say she died of cold exposure​

Apreliminary autopsy of a 48-year-old Weeping Water woman whose body was found Friday in rural Otoe County indicated that she died of cold exposure, the Otoe County Sheriff’s Office said Monday.

Investigators do not suspect foul play was involved in Amber Tjaden’s death, the Sheriff’s Office said in a press release.

Her body was discovered in a washed-out section on the side of the road about 2 feet from the SUV. Holland said it was unclear how Tjaden ended up in the ditch, or how long she may have been there.

Holland said there “could be some intoxicants” involved, including beer and sleeping pills. Authorities are awaiting the results of a toxicology report, which could take a month.

Holland said there were no signs of trauma on Tjaden’s body, nor “anything to indicate” signs of foul play at the location where her body was found.

“At this point, we don’t believe there was anyone else involved,” Holland said.

Well, I'm not saying it is or isn't foul play because who knows but his behavior was sure odd in the beginning of this. Pursuit and child neglect, etc.

Tragic no matter what the case.

With the family history here, I’m surprised this is the outcome. But perhaps she wasn’t taking care of her self because she was down trodden? I don’t know.

Regardless of the cause, I pray for her loved ones. And I also pray that the family dynamics turn around in a more positive way in the future.

With the family history here, I’m surprised this is the outcome. But perhaps she wasn’t taking care of her self because she was down trodden? I don’t know.

Regardless of the cause, I pray for her loved ones. And I also pray that the family dynamics turn around in a more positive way in the future.
Same here, the history and the behavior by him. I am not taking the outcome as gospel yet because they really have not said that either, they just initially have no signs of foul play and are doing a tox, etc. I think of Alexis Sharkey, that is a lot like what they said at first too but she later came back as a homicide.

However, it could be suicide or just destructive and upset driving/depression, inebriated state due to the same family dynamic. We may never know but he certainly gets no husband or father of the year award.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawn Honner
Back