NC ALAN TRAN: Missing from Greensboro, NC - 19 July 2021 - Age 19 *Found Deceased**ARREST*

1626985871208.png

Authorities seek public's help in finding missing 19 year old, police say​

Authorities are seeking the public's help in locating a missing 19 year old, police said in a news release.

Alan Aidan Tran was last spotted at his Greensboro home on Monday about 2 p.m. Tran, who drives a white Dodge Charger, was last seen wearing black clothing and black Crocs, according to police.

Missing teen’s car found burned at Greensboro apartment complex, family pleads for return; ‘we’ll be right here waiting for you’​

Greensboro police are searching for a missing teen whose car was found burned at an apartment complex.

Alan Aidan Tran, 19, was last seen at his family’s residence in Jamestown on Monday around 2 p.m.

Tran’s family is holding on to hope and searching for answers as to where he may be. His sister was one of the last people to see him before he left for work.

“For us, we always thought it was a normal day because that’s usually his normal routine and usually he would come back by a certain time, but he didn’t,” she said.

Tran told FOX8 her brother is a tattoo artist who usually keeps to himself. She said there were no clues he would disappear.

“There was no tell, tell signs of anything in disarray or anything that is suspicious to us,” Tran said.

Tran’s 2020 white Dodge Charger was found burned at Timbercreek Apartments off Glendale Drive, according to Greensboro police. Tran did not live at Timbercreek Apartments.

“There’s a car on fire right outside of our apartment,” was said by a 911 caller who lives at the apartment complex. “We thought it was like a gunshot and then I walked out here and I see fire flickering.”

The car was still on fire when officers found it after midnight on Tuesday about eight miles from his residence.

“It was very shocking,” said Tran. “That’s not an area that we commonly frequent and so I’m not exactly sure what his car was doing there.”

1626985945081.png 1626985960050.png

MEDIA - ALAN TRAN: Missing from Greensboro, NC since 19 July 2021 - Age 19

Last edited:

Body of missing North Carolina teen, whose car was found burned, found​

The body of a missing Jamestown teen was found along Witty Road in Guilford County on Thursday, according to a news release from Greensboro police.

Around 4 p.m., a passerby found a body near where Witty Road intersects Lake Brandt Road.

On Thursday night, Greensboro police confirmed the body to be that of 19-year-old Alan Aidan Tran.

What we know about the events leading up to the death of Jamestown 19-year-old Alan Tran​

Earlier this week, the body of 19-year-old Jamestown resident Alan Tran was found dead in Summerfield. A few days prior, his burned car had been located near an apartment complex on Glendale Dr. in Greensboro.

Police are investigating Tran's death as a murder. As of July 23, no suspects have been arrested.

Piedmont families hope murders of their loved ones will be solved​

Families across the Piedmont Triad hope for closure after loved ones were murdered this year.

“We live our life with this for the rest of our lives without him,” said Megan Tran, the sister of Alan Tran. “We’re currently living in the unknown, and it hurts a lot not knowing.”

Tran said the holidays will never be the same without her younger brother.

“Coming into the New Year and not having him here to celebrate with us is going to be really hard,” she said.

“We wait because we’re understanding for them. But at the same time, there’s that emotional aspect where you just want to know,” Tran said.

“There is still an unknown to that part of who did it of why they did it because, even at the end of the day, even if we find that out he is no longer here with us,” she said. “They took a future from him, a love of family for us.”

Tran hopes for justice but says it won’t bring her little brother back.

“I never felt that I would outlive a sibling. He always shared that he had future plans and we always looked forward to that,” Tran said. “I enjoyed watching him grow up to be the person he was, and I looked forward to his growth even more, but that was taken away from us.”

Man charged in death of 19-year-old in Greensboro​

A man is charged with first-degree murder after a man was reported missing and later found dead.

Police said Traviante Demetrius Davis, 20, of Greensboro is charged in connection with Alan Tran’s death. Tran was reported missing in July. His body was later found and his car was discovered on fire a few days prior at an apartment complex on Glendale Drive in Greensboro.

Davis is being held at the Guilford County Jail with no bond.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawn Honner
Back