IA XAVIOR HARRELSON: Missing from Poweshiek County, IA - 27 May 2021 - Age 10 *Found Deceased*

1622260309530.png

Authorities searching for 10-year-old boy who disappeared in Poweshiek County​

Authorities are searching for a 10-year-old boy who went missing from a mobile home park in Poweshiek County on Thursday morning.

Xavior Harrelson was last seen around 11 a.m. Thursday in Montezuma, according to the Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office.

He was last seen wearing a red T-shirt, blue pajama pants and black high-top shoes. He has brown hair and blue eyes and is about 4 feet, 8 inches tall and weighs 100 pounds.

The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation joined the investigation Friday.

Xavior left his home in the Spruce Village Mobile Home Park and has not been seen since, Assistant DCI Director Mitch Mortvedt said. The boy’s mother believed Xavior had gone out to play with friends, he said.

“Obviously, we’re very concerned,” Mortvedt said. “This is a young boy — he’s only 10 years old — and he’s been missing for more than 24 hours.”

The mobile home park is in northwest Montezuma, less than half a mile from Diamond Lake County Park, which Mortvedt described as a “vast wooded area.”

Mortvedt said it’s unknown if there is any criminal aspect to the boy’s disappearance, “but we are treating it like there is and deploying as many resources as we can to find him.”

“Right now, we are double- and triple-checking his friends’ houses and the places he is known to hang out. We are canvassing the immediate areas and knocking on doors and talking to people, and we’ll expand the search from there if we need to,” he said.

MEDIA - XAVIOR HARRELSON: Missing from Poweshiek County, IA since 27 May 2021 - Age 10

Last edited:
I wondered the same thing, but still. How would she be able to cover up a crime like that? Doesn't make sense to me. She would need help. Also, I think Linda said the mom has since left the trailer. Has anyone seen where LE has searched the dwelling?
Did she possibly have help?

It sure is weird that she would not want him to be reported to me.

I wondered the same thing, but still. How would she be able to cover up a crime like that? Doesn't make sense to me. She would need help. Also, I think Linda said the mom has since left the trailer. Has anyone seen where LE has searched the dwelling?
I don't know either, it seems she would have to have help. Do we know if she is mobile at all and if she drives, has a car, etc.? I mean where would she put him even if she could move him? And then there possibly would be clean up.

Could she have moved because they are searching her house, even temporarily? I think of the Morphew case, I think LE had control for something like 12 days and they had to stay elsewhere. Or did she move of her own choice? Seems odd to move when your son is missing...

I don't know what to think here. There are some hints of red flags but her ability to do something to him and move him seems would be difficult for her so it makes one think twice about that possibility...

I know of two different dudes that have prosthetics in construction that can work circles around most of the able bodied ones. One would probably never know they have them if for not wearing shorts in the summer.
I don't doubt it. I too know of people who are fully mobile and work FT. Maybe his mother has some other health problem in addition to the leg? Otherwise it seems like she would be able to be pretty self sufficient for the most part.

Not sure what to think either about her not wanting him reported missing. Is it possible he has stayed away from home before and always come back so she figurd there was nothing to worry about and did not want the cops involved? Or a possibility of prior issues/CPS involvement? Is there any hint of that, so she wouldn't want them to have knowledge of he ran away or was missing or whatever it was she was thinking?

Otherwise, it certainly could also hint at guilt as well...

Friday, The Montezuma Bank along with the DCI confirmed with KWWL that Xavior Harrelson's reward has climbed to over $22,000, after a local business and other donations were submitted.

The reward fund established to receive any information regarding Xavior's disappearance consists of donations from local businesses and private citizens. All have donated in hopes the reward may produce information which leads to the resolution of this case.

Xavior's mother, Sarah Harrelson, has since moved out of the home she shared with her son. Iowa Division of Criminal Investigations Assistant Director Mitch Mortvedt said law enforcement was aware of Harrelson leaving the house, and did not find it concerning.

So, this child 'purportedly' disappeared from his home in the middle of the night?

By the morning of May 27, no one from the trailer park reported seeing Xavior.
Officially, law enforcement says the boy was in fact seen May 27, although no details have been provided about who saw him.

*(sorry if I'm getting these cases mixed up; did he have any friends that he could have gone to?)

So, this child 'purportedly' disappeared from his home in the middle of the night?

By the morning of May 27, no one from the trailer park reported seeing Xavior.
Officially, law enforcement says the boy was in fact seen May 27, although no details have been provided about who saw him.

*(sorry if I'm getting these cases mixed up; did he have any friends that he could have gone to?)
Original reports stated that he was last seen around 11:00 am on Thursday, May 27. LE did say, like you posted above, that they do have sightings of him that day. However, early reports also said he was last seen riding his bicycle, which was found at home. Later reports say "no one from the trailer park reported seeing him that day".
Reports said his mother "believed he went outside to play".
The neighbor who reported him missing believes he was last seen the previous night May 26. No official reports have said anything other than May 27 though.

Closer to home, there have not been searches for weeks, and investigators have not provided updates about where the case stands.

Xavior's next door neighbor, Kevin Kautzer, is one of many who wants an update.

"If there's anything - if there have been any leads, or if it's gone cold I guess," said Kautzer.

Kautzer says the uncertainty of what happened is affecting people who live in Spruce Village Trailer Park, which is where Xavior lived.

"A lot of people, from what I've seen, are scared. You don't even see kids going around the trailer park like you used to," said Kautzer.

Dalton Dupee shares the sentiment about the unknowns surrounding Xavior's disappearance.

"I live right here in this trailer. Right here. And his trailer's not far down from mine, and it's kind of scary because I got nieces and nephews that live here with me, and I'd really appreciate it if you guys would bring him home," said Dupee, a resident of Spruce Village Trailer Park.

A reward benefit concert is being set up in Poweshiek County in hopes to add more money to the reward fund for missing 11-year-old boy Xavior Harrelson.

The concert will be held at the Poweshiek County Fairgrounds in Grinnell 7-9 p.m. on Tuesday, June 29. It will also include a silent auction along with food and drinks. Freewill donations are requested.

The search continues for Xavior Harrelson 4 weeks later​

Thursday marked 4 weeks since 11-year old Xavior Harrelson disappeared.

Xavior Harrelson has been missing for nearly a month​

This weekend will mark one month since Xavior Harrelson's disappearance.

The case has gained national attention. Several search efforts have netted zero results.

One month after Xavior Harrelson went missing, there are still few answers​

It's been one month since Xavior Harrelson went missing, and still there are few clues into where the 11-year-old Montezuma boy could be.

Law enforcement has had little to report since Xavior went missing, but you can't go anywhere in Montezuma without seeing his face on a missing poster or an orange awareness ribbon on a tree.

Fundraiser for Xavior is tonight.

There will be a silent auction, food, and a concert by up-and-coming country artists Hunter Mason and Adam Whitehead.

The concert starts at 7 pm and goes on until 9 pm.

Attendees are encouraged to wear orange.

Benefit concert for missing Montezuma boy raises more than $5,000​

Hundreds turned out to the Poweshiek Country Fairgrounds Tuesday night for a benefit concert for Xavior Harrelson. The 11-year old Montezuma boy has been missing since the end of May.

Many in the audience were wearing orange--Xavior's favorite color.

From that sea of orange, there was a tidal wave of support. Family, friends and total strangers came from across Iowa.

By the end of the night, organizers reported raising more than $5,000. That brings the reward total to about $32,000.

Police silent as 11-year-old boy’s suspicious disappearance reaches a month: Reportshttps://www.crimeonline.com/author/jgray/

An 11-year-old Iowa boy is still missing after he reportedly vanished from his home on May 27.

The Gazette reported that it has been two weeks since authorities have publicly spoken about Xavior Harrelson’s disappearance from a Montezuma mobile home park where he lives with his mother. Harrelson is considered endangered and his disappearance was deemed suspicious, but the Division of Criminal Investigation said in early June that there is no evidence of foul play.

Closer to home, there have not been searches for weeks, and investigators have not provided updates about where the case stands.

Xavior's next door neighbor, Kevin Kautzer, is one of many who wants an update.

"If there's anything - if there have been any leads, or if it's gone cold I guess," said Kautzer.

Kautzer says the uncertainty of what happened is affecting people who live in Spruce Village Trailer Park, which is where Xavior lived.

"A lot of people, from what I've seen, are scared. You don't even see kids going around the trailer park like you used to," said Kautzer.

Dalton Dupee shares the sentiment about the unknowns surrounding Xavior's disappearance.

"I live right here in this trailer. Right here. And his trailer's not far down from mine, and it's kind of scary because I got nieces and nephews that live here with me, and I'd really appreciate it if you guys would bring him home," said Dupee, a resident of Spruce Village Trailer Park.
Why does the neighbor give me the creeps?. The suspicion is on the mother.

From reading this article about the relationship between mother and son, I wonder if he could have run away but where would he go for this long is my question. Did he take off on his bike or do we know? I know one article said he was last seen riding his bike but was the bike found? I think it was but I might be getting confused, so many kids going missing it's hard to keep them all straight. Just wondering what the world is going on with so many kids disappearing without a trace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deanna Reilly
Back