FL TINA MAE JONES: Missing from Winter Park, FL - 1 Jan 2000 - Age 29

Tina Mae Jones
1625018272030.png
NamUs #MP21769 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Age last seen: 29
Race: White female
Hair color: Blond/Strawberry
Eyes Color: Brown
Height: 65.0
Weight: 165.0
Clothing/Jewerly: Unknown
Scars and Marks: SCAR, THIGH, RIGHT; Nickname: Christina Jones

Last seen 1/1/2000.

edited by staff to add media com link

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so glad my sister has not been forgotten and I thank Kimster very much for her remembrance.

I have been very disappointed in Orange County Sherriff Department as they never bothered to upload her photos and got her description wrong in NamUs. Although we have identified Tina's boyfriend as a suspect in her disappearance, the Orange County Sherriff Department has never updated us on the investigation. They have mostly just ignored my messages and emails. I only recently came in contact with a compassionate cornier who said he would update her file with photos and correct her information.

I am very grateful to your website as feel it may be a platform for her story. Below is the story as told by Tina, our mother, and my personal observations of her last known last days before she disappeared to the best of my knowledge.

Tina Mae Jones is my sister and also went by the name Christina as she felt it sounded more formal. She was a model, worked in office administration, and sometimes as a personal trainer.

Prior to her disappearance she had been dating a well known pro football player with the Tampa Bay Bucs that she had met at promotional photo shoot. The relationship was toxic and unhealthy. Her boyfriend was involved with drugs and was physically abusive to Tina.

Just prior to her disappearance Tina arrived at my house to see our mother who lived with me. She was badly beaten by her boyfriend and to the extent of rupturing a breast implant. She refused to go the the emergency room and would not allow us to call the police. Her boyfriend called my home phone and spoke to me in a intimating and sociopathic tone that she owed him several thousand dollars, but wasn't concerned about the money; He said he just wanted to "help" her.

I can't express into words how insincere his words were, it sent shivers down my spine. Tina later called her boyfriend back and then told my mom that she would never see her again. She left driving her 1986 red Plymouth Laser returning to her boyfriend in the Tampa area. She was so convinced that she would not be retuning that she left behind her passport, modeling portfolio, and even her driver's license with our mom.

I personally believe that her boyfriend's intent of calling my house was to let her know he knew where Tina's family lived. I further believe her boyfriend threatened to harm us and that is the only reason she would return to him. Considering my sister's physical condition and circumstances surrounding her last known whereabouts I feel it is unlikely she is still alive; there is no doubt in my mind her boyfriend is responsible.

Tina Jones 1 .jpgTina Jones 5 .jpgTina Jones 3 .jpgTina Jones 2 .jpgTina Jones 4 .jpg

Hi @Mark Jones Thank you so much for sharing Tina's story and photos with us. (I copied one of them to the first post in this thread so her picture shows up in the thread list!)

Tina's story is so sad, and unfortunately I fear you may be correct about what happened to her. Do you think her boyfriend's "status" as a professional football player had an impact on the police response? Other than keeping her story alive, is there anything we can do?

I very much feel that her boyfriend's status as a pro football player had everything to do with the lax OCSO investigation. He is likely the most well known Tampa Bay Bucs player, but has a history of violence and been arrested twice before for battering women.

My and our mother's DNA have been uploaded in the event a Jane Doe is ever discovered, but I don't feel that that anyone has ever focused on her car. It would seem to me that people are easier lost than cars and considering she had no money and the range of travel was at most a tank of gas. Her car was never found so I did tons of public records request to every airport and police agency in the central and south Florida as follows:

Records relating to vehicle below to include but not limited to:
1) Traffic Indecent
2) Any interaction or inquiry by law enforcement or parking enforcement
3) Any report of a tow ordered by law enforcement
4) Any report of a private property tow by a towing company (Per 715.07)
5) Any report of this vehicle having been logged in a salvage yard inventory or audit

VIN 1C3BA44K4GG237931
YEAR 1986 MAKE Chrysler

All have yielded no records found, but its al least more effort that OCSO ever did. The issue with public records is that most agencies have likely archived data. I think if her car was found it may have provided some answers and perhaps some evidence that would force OCSO to overcome their aversion to interviewing celebrities.

I'm honestly not sure of where to go with this and while I recognize that her case may be very old it should not automatically mean it's not solvable. Perhaps a start may be if members or media were to consider complaining to OCSO as to why they have never interviewed a prime suspect, updated family members, or bothered to return calls to family members.

I would welcome any ideas or insights as where to go from here.

I very much feel that her boyfriend's status as a pro football player had everything to do with the lax OCSO investigation. He is likely the most well known Tampa Bay Bucs player, but has a history of violence and been arrested twice before for battering women.

My and our mother's DNA have been uploaded in the event a Jane Doe is ever discovered, but I don't feel that that anyone has ever focused on her car. It would seem to me that people are easier lost than cars and considering she had no money and the range of travel was at most a tank of gas. Her car was never found so I did tons of public records request to every airport and police agency in the central and south Florida as follows:

Records relating to vehicle below to include but not limited to:
1) Traffic Indecent
2) Any interaction or inquiry by law enforcement or parking enforcement
3) Any report of a tow ordered by law enforcement
4) Any report of a private property tow by a towing company (Per 715.07)
5) Any report of this vehicle having been logged in a salvage yard inventory or audit

VIN 1C3BA44K4GG237931
YEAR 1986 MAKE Chrysler

All have yielded no records found, but its al least more effort that OCSO ever did. The issue with public records is that most agencies have likely archived data. I think if her car was found it may have provided some answers and perhaps some evidence that would force OCSO to overcome their aversion to interviewing celebrities.

I'm honestly not sure of where to go with this and while I recognize that her case may be very old it should not automatically mean it's not solvable. Perhaps a start may be if members or media were to consider complaining to OCSO as to why they have never interviewed a prime suspect, updated family members, or bothered to return calls to family members.

I would welcome any ideas or insights as where to go from here.

Hi, Mark. Have you considered reaching out to Marissa Jones from The Vanished Podcast? It's probably the most popular missing persons podcast out there. The host Marissa, is a Paralegal and really digs into the cases she covers.

You can fill out the submission form below.

Thank you very much. I have reached out to her, hopefully she may be able to help.

I also again reached out to OCSO today but as typical of them I don't expect to get a response.

Glad to have helped! :) Just so you know, Marissa might not contact you back right away as she probably has a have a backlog of cases and episodes to produce, but I hope your sisters case is profiled soon!

Marissa doesn't hesitate to challenge or hold law enforcement agencies accountable if need be. She often files FOI requests to investigating agencies for access to the missing persons case file. LE agencies can either accept or decline the request.

🤦‍♀️ Wow...smh. I wonder how many more profiles there are out there that have such inaccuracies hindering identification..
Glad you are here to correct this.. 👍
No kidding! I’ve often thought that each case needs an advocate to research and make it more visible. I have a couple of cases that I kind of zoned in on and make sure that the word is out there on Twitter all the time. Of course, I try to get all of our cases out there at some point but it can be a bit overwhelming. There are so many missing people out there. So so many.😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seminary
Back