THIS JUST IN ~ CURRENT NEWS STORIES

breaking-news-background-planet-260nw-667420906.jpg

ONGOING CRIME BREAKING NEWS!

Starting in January 2020, this thread is about the news as it breaks!

Bernard Madoff says he is dying and is asking a judge for compassionate release from prison, where he is serving 150 years for orchestrating the largest Ponzi scheme in history, according to a Wednesday federal court filing.

Madoff, 81, has terminal kidney failure and a life expectancy of less than 18 months. When the court sentenced him, “it was clear that Madoff’s 150-year prison sentence was symbolic for three reasons: retribution, deterrence, and for the victims,” the court filing states. “This Court must now consider whether keeping Madoff incarcerated … is truly in furtherance of statutory sentencing goals and our society’s value and understanding of compassion.”

Madoff said in the request for compassionate release that he “does not dispute the severity of his crimes.”

IMO- stay in jail

Last edited by a moderator:
Markham police said the woman had been dead for at least 30 days before her transport and had been previously reported missing.

They believe her death started as a domestic assault.

Martin was arrested at the library in Markham and charged as a fugitive fleeing prosecution. Police said he wasn't initially cooperative, but eventually gave a full statement to police, admitting that the torso was buried in a park near where the two lived in Louisville.

When asked about why he kept parts of her body, Martin told police he still wanted to be with her -- at least part of her.

30 days??? Is it possible to go that long and no one notice a smell or anything else on the bus, etc.? I find his "wanting to be with part of her" probably to be bs. He wanted nothing to identify her more likely if the torso was found...?

How odd. So were these suitcases thrown in the underbelly of the bus? And then back out on arrival? Or did he keep them with him on the bus? Strange case. Did he just plan on letting the contents sit in the cases in the home of his relatives day after day? Maybe he went to the library to research on how to get rid of the body.
I doubt they would allow that many Suitcases onboard.

Tragic. What a couple of brainiacs. Now she is left holding the bag and deservedly. I am trying to figure out what they were going to rob from a pizza delivery man, the pizza??? She should have stopped when her "partner in crime was shot". Maybe they will have pizza night in jail as Frazee got which I still can't believe even is allowed or goes on...

Tragic. What a couple of brainiacs. Now she is left holding the bag and deservedly. I am trying to figure out what they were going to rob from a pizza delivery man, the pizza??? She should have stopped when her "partner in crime was shot". Maybe they will have pizza night in jail as Frazee got which I still can't believe even is allowed or goes on...

They carry cash. The ones I know make a habit to not carry very much, but they have to have some for change and if they had a previous cash delivery(s).

They carry cash. The ones I know make a habit to not carry very much, but they have to have some for change and if they had a previous cash delivery(s).
I know and for instance my Pizza Hut will tell ya they appreciate cash tips but I just mean considering murder charges uhm I doubt they carry a ton of money on them. Life in prison versus oh boy I scored $41.59 and a free pizza! Or maybe they would also take his car until caught in short order. I guess they made their choices, pizza guy dead undeserved, one crook dead and other 17 year old female crook has a new lifetime home would be my guess... And she was the smarty that called for pizza... Smh.

You know what else is sad? It wouldn't surprise me if the delivery man had lived if he had to defend himself for shooting the crook...!

I used to deliver pizzas. We carried a little bit of money. Enough to break a twenty.

I didn't figure it was much and probably even less to be safe, these days... Even convenience stores make it pretty clear at a certain hour at least that there is not change for big bills...

Did you ever have a scary experience in that job?

Once, I pulled up to a house and there were four scary looking teenagers. I drove away and went back to the store. The manager called the house and asked if they knew who they were. He asked if they could ask them to leave, but the customer was too scared to do it. So they didn't get a pizza that night.

Once, I pulled up to a house and there were four scary looking teenagers. I drove away and went back to the store. The manager called the house and asked if they knew who they were. He asked if they could ask them to leave, but the customer was too scared to do it. So they didn't get a pizza that night.
So some teens that did not even belong there were in someone's yard basically?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuniorTova
Back