ap
ap

ap
ap
ap

First Age progression by Danny Sollitti
Last 5 by Diana Trepkov

Tammy Lynn Leppert
Missing since July 6, 1983 from Rockledge, Brevard County, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: February 5, 1965
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4; 105 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Curly blonde hair; hazel eyes.
Clothing: Leppert was last seen wearing a blue blouse with flower appliques on the shoulder and a denim skirt.
Medical Conditions: She may have been 3 months pregnant at the time of her disappearance.
DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Leppert, a teen-model who specialized in posing for swimsuit ads and played bit parts in Scarface and Spring Break, left her house barefoot and without money. Leppert, whose resume lists Miss Teen Florida and Miss Sun and Surf titles among her accomplishments, drove away with a male friend, who later told police he left her outside a Cocoa Beach bank after an argument.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Leppert's whereabouts, please contact:
Cocoa Beach Police Department
Detective Cooper
321-868-3251

All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

Agency Case Number: 21292
NCIC Number: M-104282291
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Project Jason
I Care - Missing Persons Cold Cases
Florida Department of Law Enforcement
National Center for Missing Adults

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone seen any articles that have come out about this "friend" who saw her last?

From the Wiki link below...

A friend of Tammy's told authorities he had an argument with her while driving her from her home in Rockledge, Florida and later "left her [...] in a parking lot."[6] Although he is the last person believed to have seen her, he is not considered a suspect. However, her mother has claimed that Leppert was "afraid" of him.[1]

Before her disappearance
After the shooting of the film Spring Break was finished, Leppert went unaccompanied to a weekend party. She came home from the party "a different person" according to her close friend Wing Flannagan's testimony. When she was playing in her next film, Scarface, she suddenly returned home after the fourth day of filming. Her mother assumed that Tammy had been afraid of being murdered by someone, and that she had become overtaken by this delusion. Her mother felt obliged to have her examined by a doctor, but after 72 hours in a medical center, Tammy was released and there seemed to be no signs of drug or alcohol use according to doctor statements.[5]

Disappearance
Leppert was last seen in Cocoa Beach, Florida on July 6, 1983. She was reported to have worn a blue denim shirt decorated with flowers, along with a matching skirt, a gray purse, and sandals.[6][7] Some agencies have stated that she left without shoes or money.[8] A friend of Tammy's told authorities he had an argument with her while driving her from her home in Rockledge, Florida and later "left her [...] in a parking lot."[6] Although he is the last person believed to have seen her, he is not considered a suspect. However, her mother has claimed that Leppert was "afraid" of him.[1]

Christopher Bernard Wilder was linked by the FBI to the murders of 12 women from Florida to California; officials say Wilder lured women with promises of photographing them for magazines. Leppert's mother filed a claim for more than $1 million against Wilder's estate. Authorities have not linked Wilder to Leppert's disappearance.[9]

After Leppert's disappearance, Cocoa Beach Detective Harold Lewis received two telephone calls from a woman claiming that Leppert still was alive. In the first call, the woman said that Tammy Leppert was well and would make contact when the time was right. During the second call, she said that Tammy was doing what she always wanted: going to school to become a nurse.[10]

Investigation
Some presume that Leppert may have been a murder victim of serial killer Christopher Wilder, who killed 8 or 9 young women before dying in a shootout with police in 1984. Leppert's family sued Wilder before he was killed, but eventually halted the process, as some had doubts as to whether he was involved in Tammy's disappearance. Leppert's agent also stated that she did not believe Wilder killed Tammy.

Another person of interest in the case was John Crutchley, a convicted kidnapper and rapist suspected of killing as many as 30 women. He committed suicide in prison in 2002.[1] Leppert's mother theorized that her daughter could have been murdered due to her knowledge of local drug trafficking. She said Tammy exhibited signs of paranoia, as she was cautious when consuming food and would not drink from open containers. She had also allegedly filed a report to police.[1]

From the Wiki link below...

A friend of Tammy's told authorities he had an argument with her while driving her from her home in Rockledge, Florida and later "left her [...] in a parking lot."[6] Although he is the last person believed to have seen her, he is not considered a suspect. However, her mother has claimed that Leppert was "afraid" of him.[1]

Before her disappearance
After the shooting of the film Spring Break was finished, Leppert went unaccompanied to a weekend party. She came home from the party "a different person" according to her close friend Wing Flannagan's testimony. When she was playing in her next film, Scarface, she suddenly returned home after the fourth day of filming. Her mother assumed that Tammy had been afraid of being murdered by someone, and that she had become overtaken by this delusion. Her mother felt obliged to have her examined by a doctor, but after 72 hours in a medical center, Tammy was released and there seemed to be no signs of drug or alcohol use according to doctor statements.[5]

Disappearance
Leppert was last seen in Cocoa Beach, Florida on July 6, 1983. She was reported to have worn a blue denim shirt decorated with flowers, along with a matching skirt, a gray purse, and sandals.[6][7] Some agencies have stated that she left without shoes or money.[8] A friend of Tammy's told authorities he had an argument with her while driving her from her home in Rockledge, Florida and later "left her [...] in a parking lot."[6] Although he is the last person believed to have seen her, he is not considered a suspect. However, her mother has claimed that Leppert was "afraid" of him.[1]

Christopher Bernard Wilder was linked by the FBI to the murders of 12 women from Florida to California; officials say Wilder lured women with promises of photographing them for magazines. Leppert's mother filed a claim for more than $1 million against Wilder's estate. Authorities have not linked Wilder to Leppert's disappearance.[9]

After Leppert's disappearance, Cocoa Beach Detective Harold Lewis received two telephone calls from a woman claiming that Leppert still was alive. In the first call, the woman said that Tammy Leppert was well and would make contact when the time was right. During the second call, she said that Tammy was doing what she always wanted: going to school to become a nurse.[10]

Investigation
Some presume that Leppert may have been a murder victim of serial killer Christopher Wilder, who killed 8 or 9 young women before dying in a shootout with police in 1984. Leppert's family sued Wilder before he was killed, but eventually halted the process, as some had doubts as to whether he was involved in Tammy's disappearance. Leppert's agent also stated that she did not believe Wilder killed Tammy.

Another person of interest in the case was John Crutchley, a convicted kidnapper and rapist suspected of killing as many as 30 women. He committed suicide in prison in 2002.[1] Leppert's mother theorized that her daughter could have been murdered due to her knowledge of local drug trafficking. She said Tammy exhibited signs of paranoia, as she was cautious when consuming food and would not drink from open containers. She had also allegedly filed a report to police.[1]
What an interesting case. Wilder & Crutchley outwardly would seem to have been a sensical POI however the person Tammy was last seen with, the one who dropped her off, 'feels' like a better suspect. It's interesting that this persons name isn't documented anywhere publically or I just have yet to run across it.

Also, here's a link to Meghan's summary at the Charley Project.

Torres: Help me find out what happened to missing model and actress Tammy Lynn (Tami-Lynn) Leppert

Did you know Tammy Lynn Leppert?

News columnist John A. Torres is looking for more information about Tammy. If you knew her or have any information about her disappearance, please email John at jtorres@floridatoday.com

Since starting the Murder on the Space Coast podcast four years ago, there's been no shortage of potential topics.

Brevard County, it seems, is no stranger to mysterious deaths, questionable murder convictions or unsolved cases. And my readers and listeners have never been shy about suggesting potential subjects. Even some of my co-workers have bent my ear. Longtime Cocoa Beach residents John McCarthy and Malcolm Denemark have both asked when I was planning a season on Tammy Lynn Leppert.

Having moved to Brevard County in 2001, I had never heard of the beauty queen and actress who suddenly disappeared -- literally without a trace -- on July 6, 1983. The 18-year-old -- who sometimes went by Tami-Lynn -- had just started making her mark in movies with bit parts in the teen romp "Spring Break," and as a bikini-clad flirtation for Steven Bauer in "Scarface."

So I started digging and researching Leppert's case in between stories and podcasts. The internet is fertile with interesting -- but likely outlandish -- theories as to what happened to the Rockledge teen who participated in more than 400 beauty pageants and seemed destined for stardom. The theories point to hitmen, drug cartels, money launderers and even other (well-known) actors as being responsible for her demise or at least her disappearance. They also include a serial killer and a suspected serial killer.

MORE AT LINK

I did read about her very odd and paranoid behavior before her disappearance. It could have been someone other than "Wilder". My instinct says it's him. But I definitely think she was messed up with other things that she didn't choose to be. But this is defiately Foul play.

Interesting and sad case. The no brainer typical answer would be the "friend" who left her in a parking lot which in more cases than not, ends up being the case, the last to see them. I don't know the case but 400 pageants, etc., and into acting, she was clearly raised to pursue such goals? She is 18, really just a youngster in a pretty big world with probably some real sharks she dealt with... Odd how some say she left with shoes, etc. and others say she did not have shoes, etc.

Odd that her mother said she was worried about being murdered and she got her into a 72 hour hold? At 18 there would have to be reason to be able to do that...

I truly don't know enough about the serial killer or the rest to say more. Just commenting on the bit I read...

Interesting and sad case. The no brainer typical answer would be the "friend" who left her in a parking lot which in more cases than not, ends up being the case, the last to see them. I don't know the case but 400 pageants, etc., and into acting, she was clearly raised to pursue such goals? She is 18, really just a youngster in a pretty big world with probably some real sharks she dealt with... Odd how some say she left with shoes, etc. and others say she did not have shoes, etc.

Odd that her mother said she was worried about being murdered and she got her into a 72 hour hold? At 18 there would have to be reason to be able to do that...

I truly don't know enough about the serial killer or the rest to say more. Just commenting on the bit I read...
If she is acting irrational like not eating or drinking from open containers thinking they might be poisoned. Yes. That's a good reason for a 72 hr hold. Paranoia. Can be a sign. Especially to that degree of Mental Illness.

If she is acting irrational like not eating or drinking from open containers thinking they might be poisoned. Yes. That's a good reason for a 72 hr hold. Paranoia. Can be a sign. Especially to that degree of Mental Illness.
I agree and thought of that but they also let her go. Of course, that is not unusual, she is an adult and there ya go. I just wonder one would not think it was drugs as I would think tests would have been conducted upon the hold. I guess I am wondering if she had real reason to worry about murder. Again, I don't know the case intimately.

I agree and thought of that but they also let her go. Of course, that is not unusual, she is an adult and there ya go. I just wonder one would not think it was drugs as I would think tests would have been conducted upon the hold. I guess I am wondering if she had real reason to worry about murder. Again, I don't know the case intimately.
But a 72 hr hold is just that. You are there 72 hrs. They have to have a reason to put you there to begin with. After the 72 hr evaluation. Of course they can decide you're mentally fit and release you.

But a 72 hr hold is just that. You are there 72 hrs. They have to have a reason to put you there to begin with. After the 72 hr evaluation. Of course they can decide you're mentally fit and release you.
True but if the cops or a family member manages to put you there, once in, wouldn't they test for your condition in the first hours? I mean as to alcohol, drugs, tests re mental stability...? Maybe at the end they have to release and the person has convinced them they are fine and the hold is up but I guess I am just saying if she was released, it is unclear if there was any real issue as to like drugs that caused her thoughts or some condition in which case one would think they would move for further commitment...?

Just saw your last post. Exactly. I guess I mean it sounds like there is more going on here. And it could be covering a "somebody" as well...

Tammy Lynn Leppert: About missing beauty queen and aspiring actress from Rockledge​

Who is Tammy Lynn Leppert?

To date, Tammy has been missing for more than 37 years. She was last seen near the old Glass Bank building in Cocoa Beach.

The beauty queen pageant winner and actress vanished on July 6, 1983. She was 18 years old.

The Rockledge girl, born in 1965, seemed destined for stardom from the start. Her mother ran beauty contests and Tammy was always entering and winning, compiling hundreds of victories. She appeared on the cover of Covergirl magazine in 1978 and started landing small roles in films.

In 1983, she played a boxer in the teen romp "Spring Break" and apparently the legs and torso that appear on the iconic movie poster belong to her. That same year she also appeared in the Al Pacino cult classic "Scarface" as a bikini-clad lookout during one of the movie's more violent scenes.

So, what happened to Tammy? The Internet contains no shortage of rumors, everything from drug cartels, to money laundering to well-known Hollywood actors killing her. There were rumblings that she had gotten pregnant.

Those who knew her best said when Tammy returned from a cast party for the movie "Spring Break," she seemed different. Accounts say that she had become sullen and paranoid and that she claimed she had seen something that she shouldn’t have.

Her mother was forced to check Tammy into a facility as she appeared to be having a mental breakdown. A few weeks later she would be gone.

Tammy's story — and Crutchley's — are featured in the special three-episode podcast "Murder on the Space Coast: Obsessed with Murder."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back