KS SAVANNAH SCHNEIDER: Missing from Wichita, KS - 31 May 2020 - Age 23 *Found Deceased*

1591839633923.png

MISSING: Disabled, visually impaired woman mysteriously disappears after taking a Lyft ride [Police]

The Wichita Police Department and Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI) have issued a statewide endangered person advisory for a missing 23-year-old Kansas woman.

Savannah Schneider, who is visually impaired, was last seen at her Wichita home on May 31. According to the KBI, Schneider got into a Lyft ride on June 1 but apparently didn’t tell her family or friends where she was going. Authorities said Schneider is unable to drive.

CBS 12 reports that friends and family said Schneider didn’t bring an overnight bag with her and it’s something that she takes with her everywhere, even when she isn’t staying away from home. She also left behind her beloved dog.

A neighbor’s security camera, according to ABC 10, captured Schneider sitting on her doorstep Monday before a Lyft van pulled up into her driveway and picked her up.

Friend Simone Shields told CrimeOnline that they have not been able to obtain any information about where the Lyft driver took Schneider.

Schneider hasn’t sent out text messages since she disappeared, which is unusual since “she’s always connecting with people and texting,” friends told the outlet. They’re now worried for her safety and feel she is in a “bad situation.”

“I believe she is being held,” Shields said. “I need help, we need help. We have to find her.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Investigation into Savannah Schneider's death continues

Wichita police say there are no new updates in their investigation into the death of Savannah Schneider, a 23-year-old woman whose body was found about two weeks after she disappeared.

When asked if there was any new information in the case including cause and manner of death, police spokesperson Charley Davidson said Tuesday that there is no update and this time and investigators are still waiting on toxicology results.

I guess I can understand if there are absolutely no signs of any injury, etc., where they do not believe it is foul play but it still seems very strange. I guess I mean if they still have no cause of death and are awaiting tox, I don't know how they could know either really. Perhaps we will never know like why that address, and more.

So...she left her home in a Lyft and went to a secondary location. (Still want to know where she was going / WHY she went there. Was she supposed to meet someone?)
Upon arriving at her destination, she wanders around for 2 hours, covering 3 miles. Lost? Because of the dark and her visual impairment? And didn't call anyone for help with her phone that she still had with her?
And then she just...drops dead?

If they're not considering homicide, it certainly looks like suicide. Someone not having a literal medical emergency isn't going to drop dead after a few hours. Perhaps she took a large amount of something? :(

After autopsy, what killed WSU student found dead in wooded area is still a mystery​

Exactly what killed a 23-year-old visually impaired college student found dead beside railroad tracks in a wooded area near Haysville in June remains a mystery.

Forensic pathologists who examined the body of Savannah Schneider after she was discovered dead on June 13 couldn’t figure out for sure how she died, even after an autopsy, according to a report filed in Sedgwick County District Court earlier this month.

The coroner’s office officially lists her cause and manner of death as “undetermined,” a label given when a full examination of a body plus toxicology screens don’t provide enough clues for investigators to make more specific findings.

But in a portion of autopsy reports where pathologists sometimes opine about possibilities, they expressed concern that the Wichita State University business administration major might have possibly met a sinister fate:

“The circumstances surrounding Ms. Schneider’s death, including the location in which her body was found, are concerning for foul play,” the opinion section of her autopsy report says.

“Should additional information be obtained in the future, the cause and manner of death may be amended.”

The comment raises questions about how the Wichita Police Department might handle Schneider’s death investigation going forward, even after the agency announced that homicide had been ruled out as the cause.

Autopsy findings are just a piece of the information law enforcement uses to decide how to progress in a death investigation.

“Through an in-depth and lengthy investigation – speaking with family, numerous witnesses, examining evidence – it was determined ... the death was an unfortunate accident,” Davidson said. He would not elaborate.

After autopsy, what killed WSU student found dead in wooded area is still a mystery​

Exactly what killed a 23-year-old visually impaired college student found dead beside railroad tracks in a wooded area near Haysville in June remains a mystery.

Forensic pathologists who examined the body of Savannah Schneider after she was discovered dead on June 13 couldn’t figure out for sure how she died, even after an autopsy, according to a report filed in Sedgwick County District Court earlier this month.

The coroner’s office officially lists her cause and manner of death as “undetermined,” a label given when a full examination of a body plus toxicology screens don’t provide enough clues for investigators to make more specific findings.

But in a portion of autopsy reports where pathologists sometimes opine about possibilities, they expressed concern that the Wichita State University business administration major might have possibly met a sinister fate:

“The circumstances surrounding Ms. Schneider’s death, including the location in which her body was found, are concerning for foul play,” the opinion section of her autopsy report says.

“Should additional information be obtained in the future, the cause and manner of death may be amended.”

The comment raises questions about how the Wichita Police Department might handle Schneider’s death investigation going forward, even after the agency announced that homicide had been ruled out as the cause.

Autopsy findings are just a piece of the information law enforcement uses to decide how to progress in a death investigation.

“Through an in-depth and lengthy investigation – speaking with family, numerous witnesses, examining evidence – it was determined ... the death was an unfortunate accident,” Davidson said. He would not elaborate.
Interesting. I thought this one had some things to wonder about... It just did not seem right to me... I think and hope the PD would look into it differently now although some months have passed...

Have we ever heard of this before? I mean sure, when someone has been deceased for years, but not in a case like this, I don't think.
It is odd that they seem to think it may be foul play and mention meeting a sinister fate but they cannot find a cause of death. They have to be missing something...
I also don't like how the various forensic people say that but LE says it still was an unfortunate accident... And that the autopsy results are just one part of what they use... Maybe they need to put out a bit more proof that she left on her own, stayed on her own and was on her own throughout, etc. because I have seen nothing that proves that to me.

how hot was it? Would heat stroke or dehydration show up in an autopsy?
That's a thought. I sure don't know.

I don't get though if it was something like that what her intent was in the first place with leaving home in what sounded like a very unusual thing for her to do. And ending up where she did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back