KS SAVANNAH SCHNEIDER: Missing from Wichita, KS - 31 May 2020 - Age 23 *Found Deceased*

1591839633923.png

MISSING: Disabled, visually impaired woman mysteriously disappears after taking a Lyft ride [Police]

The Wichita Police Department and Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI) have issued a statewide endangered person advisory for a missing 23-year-old Kansas woman.

Savannah Schneider, who is visually impaired, was last seen at her Wichita home on May 31. According to the KBI, Schneider got into a Lyft ride on June 1 but apparently didn’t tell her family or friends where she was going. Authorities said Schneider is unable to drive.

CBS 12 reports that friends and family said Schneider didn’t bring an overnight bag with her and it’s something that she takes with her everywhere, even when she isn’t staying away from home. She also left behind her beloved dog.

A neighbor’s security camera, according to ABC 10, captured Schneider sitting on her doorstep Monday before a Lyft van pulled up into her driveway and picked her up.

Friend Simone Shields told CrimeOnline that they have not been able to obtain any information about where the Lyft driver took Schneider.

Schneider hasn’t sent out text messages since she disappeared, which is unusual since “she’s always connecting with people and texting,” friends told the outlet. They’re now worried for her safety and feel she is in a “bad situation.”

“I believe she is being held,” Shields said. “I need help, we need help. We have to find her.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Group planning a search for missing Wichita 23-year-old

23-year-old Savannah Schneider has been missing since Saturday. Now her friends are working to help find her.

“We are concerned for her welfare and we need help locating her,” said Wichita Police Officer Charley Davidson.

Friends of Savannah Schneider said it’s 10 days too long.

“It’s been rather gut wrenching to be honest, you just never know what’s going on,” said friend Krista St-Germain

“You never want this to happen to anyone and then you hear it happened to a friend, it’s just it’s really terrifying, scary,” said friend Lauren Simon.

Many are worried about their friend Savannah Schneider and said this isn’t like her.

“She’s active on social media, she keeps in touch with her friends and she has, like i said earlier, she has a lot of friends and people that care about her,” said Simon.

The Wichita Police Department is heading the investigation and is asking for the public’s helping in finding her. They are offering a $1000 reward.

“You know where she is at or you see her, we want you to call 911 immediately,” said Davidson.

There will be a search party at 8 am at Campus High School in Haysville. There is also a night vigil held outside of Delta Gamma on Omega Court in Wichita at 8:30 pm.

Friends are encouraging everyone to come and said they need all of the help they can get.

“Even if they don’t know her, that this is a way to help someone who just genuinely makes the world a better place by being in it,” said St-Germain.

1591839830516.png

Statewide endangered persons alert issued for missing Wichita woman with visual impairment

Wichita police need the community's help in finding a 23-year-old woman with a visual impairment who has been missing since Sunday.

Officer Charley Davidson said at around 2:30 p.m. Friday that a Silver Alert had been issued for 23-year-old Savannah Schneider. The Kansas Bureau of Investigation issued a statewide endangered persons advisory just before 4 p.m.

She has an intellectual disability, says Wichita Police Department and they are concerned for her safety.

This one is extra scary and hits home to me as she sounds so much like my step sister. Although my sister wasn't visually impaired she was intellectually impaired (and had a bunch of health issues) and very trusting of everyone even if she had only known them 5 minutes.
I pray that this young lady is found safe.

This one is extra scary and hits home to me as she sounds so much like my step sister. Although my sister wasn't visually impaired she was intellectually impaired (and had a bunch of health issues) and very trusting of everyone even if she had only known them 5 minutes.
I pray that this young lady is found safe.

My 🙏 too for Savannah.

Reward offered for missing Wichita woman whose cellphone last pinged near Haysville

A $1,000 reward is being offered for tips that help locate a missing Wichita woman, the Wichita Police Department said Tuesday.

Savannah Schneider, 23, was last seen May 31. Schneider was reported missing on June 4 to police, who asked for the public’s help the next day, officer Charley Davidson said. On Tuesday, Wichita police detectives and the mounted unit, as well as Sedgwick County sheriff’s detectives and cadaver and search canines searched an area south of Haysville, where Schneider’s cellphone last pinged, police said.

Police said Tuesday’s search included detectives from the Wichita Police Department and Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office, WPD mounted unit as well as cadaver and article search K9s.

This is all I could find about the Lyft ride s far. I'm sure 'Guess Who' is right and LE is all over it.

"A neighbor’s security camera, according to ABC 10, captured Schneider sitting on her doorstep Monday before a Lyft van pulled up into her driveway and picked her up.
Friend Simone Shields told CrimeOnline that they have not been able to obtain any information about where the Lyft driver took Schneider."

Search for Wichita woman who is still missing is scheduled for Saturday

Friends have organized a search for Savannah Schneider Saturday, June 13.

Police say her cell phone last pinged in the Haysville area. Police detectives, the mounted unit, police K9s, and Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Detectives have searched the area.

There will be a search party Saturday, June 13, at 8 a.m. starting at Campus High School in Haysville.

There is also a vigil scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Saturday outside of Delta Gamma on Omega Court in Wichita.

Friends are encouraging everyone to come and said they need all of the help they can get.

So is it just the friends that say she got into a Lyft ride? It seems like there would be more info about that.and easily verifiable for LE. Something sure seems off about that.

So is it just the friends that say she got into a Lyft ride? It seems like there would be more info about that.and easily verifiable for LE. Something sure seems off about that.
On a Monday morning @ 5am this woman was seen outside her apartment & was seen getting into a Lyft van?

Where was this woman going that early in the morning? Was she working or volunteering somewhere? Since she lost her parents could she have decided to go to the cemetary?

So many questions about a young woman that 'appeared' socially connected despite her visual disability.

On a Monday morning @ 5am this woman was seen outside her apartment & was seen getting into a Lyft van?

Where was this woman going that early in the morning? Was she working or volunteering somewhere? Since she lost her parents could she have decided to go to the cemetary?

So many questions about a young woman that 'appeared' socially connected despite her visual disability.
and where her phone last pinged is about 20-30 minutes south of where she lived

It says she works at Globe Engineering on her Facebook. Prior to that she was a server.

It also said she had an intellectual disability, not just visual but she did appear active and social.

Body found Saturday near Haysville was a woman, searcher says

The body found Saturday in a field alongside some railroad tracks in Haysville was a woman, Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Brad Hoch said.

Hoch said at around 1:30 p.m. that officials hoped to confirm whether it was the body of Savannah Schneider, 23, of Wichita. Volunteer searchers, looking for Schneider, found the body in an area where the Wichita Police Department and Sheriff’s Office had searched with cadaver dogs on Tuesday, Hoch said.

Between 75 to 100 volunteers showed up Saturday at Campus High School before fanning out in groups to help search for Schneider, according to the person who called 911 after confirming the body was found.

Dispatch said the call came at 9:59 a.m., roughly two hours into the planned five-hour search.

Kevin Holman, 63, is a retired Sedgwick County fire investigation captain who called 911. He said a couple other searchers found the body, between 79th and 87th streets near Seneca Street, and called him to confirm their findings because of his experience in recovering bodies as a fire investigator.

1592077820761.png

Really curious about what happened here. Did something go wrong with the Lyft ride? Who was she meeting after this Lyft ride? What in the world happened?

Wichita police: Cases of 2 missing Wichita women not connected, no serial killer

Police in Valley Center and Wichita are putting to rest rumors that the deaths of two missing Wichita women are connected or possibly the work of a serial killer.

The rumors began circulating on social media after the bodies of 23-year-old Savannah Schneider and 27-year-old Shalan Gannon were found within a week of each other, south of Wichita. The community speculated even more after a false claim was made about the death of another young woman in Valley Center.

Wichita police confirmed Monday Schneider's body was found over the weekend near Haysville. She was visually impaired and did not drive. She was last seen alive at her west Wichita home on May 31. Her cause of death has yet to be determined.

Gannon was recovered from the Ninnescah River on June 7 in Sumner County. She was reported missing to Wichita police on April 11. The Kansas Bureau of Investigation said it is assisting the Sumner County Sheriff's Office with the case, which is being worked as a homicide.

Really curious about what happened here. Did something go wrong with the Lyft ride? Who was she meeting after this Lyft ride? What in the world happened?

Wichita police: Cases of 2 missing Wichita women not connected, no serial killer

Police in Valley Center and Wichita are putting to rest rumors that the deaths of two missing Wichita women are connected or possibly the work of a serial killer.

The rumors began circulating on social media after the bodies of 23-year-old Savannah Schneider and 27-year-old Shalan Gannon were found within a week of each other, south of Wichita. The community speculated even more after a false claim was made about the death of another young woman in Valley Center.

Wichita police confirmed Monday Schneider's body was found over the weekend near Haysville. She was visually impaired and did not drive. She was last seen alive at her west Wichita home on May 31. Her cause of death has yet to be determined.

Gannon was recovered from the Ninnescah River on June 7 in Sumner County. She was reported missing to Wichita police on April 11. The Kansas Bureau of Investigation said it is assisting the Sumner County Sheriff's Office with the case, which is being worked as a homicide.

We all know how social media can go so not a hard time believing it may have spiraled but I do notice yet again, the police here never say she was picked up by Lyft...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuniorTova
Back