Released Offenders - Are We Too Soft or Too Tough?

Are the prisons even trying to offer rehab programs?
Apparently the women's one I think Lori Vallow is in is pretty nice with a lot to offer compared to many (if I am thinking of the right offender/case) and I think it was per Nate just a day or two ago saying that. I wonder if they offer the crazy cultish devilish courses that tell her she is a goddes that she would like to study. Or LEAD. Of course I mean her permanent home and not her Arizona vacation BNB.

I don't know but I think they vary widely both in the same state, state to state and federal even don't they? Some are known as the worst and some the better.

Maybe it depends too on how many bother availing themselves of certain programs. And can they all attend the same class together? Like segregated prisoners with gen pop? And funds of course. They are already costing a fortune to our system.

You'd think with the giving of tablets to all these days they could download or provide them with tons of classes and self improvement programs and counseling and rehab where they can even overboard their studying instead of waiting for a class a week or something and at far less cost. I wonder if they offer any online schooling, etc. on such?

Of course the true pedophile isn't reformable and would be busy trying to hack it and access evil and nasty stuff.

And depending on the crime, sentence, etc. some can end up being moved to medium security prisons and such which allows them more freedom. Happened to ours. Do I agree with it? I think you can guess. NO I don't. A nothing sentence to begin with and then moved to where they can have holiday family picnics, etc.

On the other hand, those that truly want to change and avail themselves of opportunity and learn and better themselves, I am for that. Those FEW.

In case you think I disagree, I don't. Doesn't mean I think tuition and teachers and great expense should be incurred though. They cost society enough in both terms of $$$ and time and grief. As they do their victims. Not saying there isn't a rare good one or someone who may not belong there. As to rehab I don't think there is great success rate but it should be offered I guess.

If there are any who truly want to improve, heck it beats them making prison hooch, makeshift weapons, trying to smuggle in drugs and from raping each other I guess if they truly are reformable. There may be a few.

And then of course federal has a lot of white collar criminals. I like how the judge and more than one attorney addressed there shouldn't be the DIFFERENCE in such titles and crimes, in the Murdaugh sentencing and really POINTED it out. A lot of those criminals are already highly educated and what good did it do them? They used those smarts and understanding ane education to do evil.

So do you mean just rehab as alcohol, drugs, counseling or education too?

Alot do. But you CANNOT rehabilitate sex offenders. They need to be locked up forever. Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Have been saying it for decades. Yet they are STILL released to reoffend. And usually escalate to murder.

Alot do. But you CANNOT rehabilitate sex offenders. They need to be locked up forever. Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Have been saying it for decades. Yet they are STILL released to reoffend. And usually escalate to murder.
Exactly.

Our state passed the law on being soft on drug abuse, and part of it was supposed to be that instead of jail, the perpetrators would go to rehab. There are no rehab centers to send them. I don’t understand why after all this time they haven’t even tried to make it right.

Our state passed the law on being soft on drug abuse, and part of it was supposed to be that instead of jail, the perpetrators would go to rehab. There are no rehab centers to send them. I don’t understand why after all this time they haven’t even tried to make it right.
That was great planning. They must have consulted "Minnesota" For advice.
Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flipflop
Back