Released Offenders - Are We Too Soft or Too Tough?

Kimster

Administrator
Staff member
IMG_1864.jpeg

This morning I was reading this post by Ken Mains on Instagram. I remember when this happened. I never ever thought they would let these offenders out into society again. The opinion used to be that you had two reasons to keep people behind bars, one was to protect the public, and the other was to send a message to would be criminals.

Lately where I live, we’re getting very soft on crime. How about where you live? Do you know of any success stories when it comes to rehabilitation?

This is awful and it rings a distant bell. I'm sure most of us never heard they were released nor told of the crime nor did the news cover everywhere. There is sooo much wrong.

We are way too soft on crime. But then way too tough on minor crime. Make sense of that? The courts would free up some from just separating minor crimes into another type of court if any.

Of course there are wrongful convictions but they are not the norm especially not nowadays when anyone attempting such can be outed so easily. Even with body cams etc, the cops that try not to use them, or there is one showing wrong, are getting called OUT.

These days they would release the likes of Charles Manson or Ted Bundy. I am NOT kidding. This sh*t starts and goes on under our noses and HAS and the first we know of such practices are after they kill or rape again. Or for the 15th time.

This is a good idea for a thread and I think a much needed one. We have such little power to change anything but we certainly can voice outrage and try to be in the know of what they seem to do behind most of our backs never announcing PUBLICLY hey, we are going to let violent offenders and murderers out, are ya all all right with that?? We want your input. Never heard that but here we are with it going on and it has been for some long dam*ed time.

View attachment 20812

This morning I was reading this post by Ken Mains on Instagram. I remember when this happened. I never ever thought they would let these offenders out into society again. The opinion used to be that you had two reasons to keep people behind bars, one was to protect the public, and the other was to send a message to would be criminals.

Lately where I live, we’re getting very soft on crime. How about where you live? Do you know of any success stories when it comes to rehabilitation?
I have read, And have seen at least one documentary about it. I've seen an interview with one of the children as an adult.

I think most have seen my posts in many threads in cases of me stating the perpetrators of the crimes were let out early. And perpetrated these horrible crimes. And this should NOT HAPPEN!!! I've said MANY times that the parole boards are causing MORE victims. That is UNACCEPTABLE!!! And sentenced even NOW are NOT enough for crimes that are serious. Drug crimes, Burglaries, Armed robberies where no one was injured are NOT the ones that are the problem. Child molesters, Rapists, Sex crimes of any nature ARE! They get released. They don't want to return to prison. NOW you have a dead victim!

To answer @Kimster question. Clearly we are soft on crime. Well some. Never been a murder I was told where the perp got more than 12 years in the history of the county. Of course we don't see a lot of murders and one would think when they do, it would be just the opposite, being the worst of crimes but nope.

Yet they can send someone away on something lesser for too long. Hard to understand. They can pick on traffic offenses to the point it ruins someone's life.

I know not to get into politics but this all "the poor murderer, criminal" sh*t is too far gone. Give him a hug and let him out, he will so appreciate this he won't do it again. And then he rapes and MURDERS that same day or week.

Idiots.

I also agree with the death penalty. IMO It should be nationwide. And stop this years of appeals bulls**t!!! The victim and their families didn't get it!!!

I think most have seen my posts in many threads in cases of me stating the perpetrators of the crimes were let out early. And perpetrated these horrible crimes. And this should NOT HAPPEN!!! I've said MANY times that the parole boards are causing MORE victims. That is UNACCEPTABLE!!! And sentenced even NOW are NOT enough for crimes that are serious. Drug crimes, Burglaries, Armed robberies where no one was injured are NOT the ones that are the problem. Child molesters, Rapists, Sex crimes of any nature ARE! They get released. They don't want to return to prison. NOW you have a dead victim!
You and I both state it every time and I am not going to stop. The blood of many victims these days is ALL OVER THE HANDS of those that let them out. As well as on the hands of the perp of course.

To answer @Kimster question. Clearly we are soft on crime. Well some. Never been a murder I was told where the perp got more than 12 years in the history of the county. Of course we don't see a lot of murders and one would think when they do, it would be just the opposite, being the worst of crimes but nope.

Yet they can send someone away on something lesser for too long. Hard to understand. They can pick on traffic offenses to the point it ruins someone's life.

I know not to get into politics but this all "the poor murderer, criminal" sh*t is too far gone. Give him a hug and let him out, he will so appreciate this he won't do it again. And then he rapes and MURDERS that same day or week.

Idiots.
And the EXCUSES!!! NO ONE TAKES RESPONSIBILITY!!! I know the absolutely awful situation you have been through. UNACCEPTABLE!!!! :hugs:

You and I both state it every time and I am not going to stop. The blood of many victims these days is ALL OVER THE HANDS of those that let them out. As well as on the hands of the perp of course.
But yet I don't see them having to answer for their actions. Like CPS.

I also agree with the death penalty. IMO It should be nationwide. And stop this years of appeals bulls**t!!! The victim and their families didn't get it!!!
Any appeal should have to pass a stringent process of even being a possible reason for appeal. Before it even gets sent in. With more than adequate cause. And there shouldn't be every kind of this or that that can be appealed or attempted to be. There should be what there was and only some good solid ones like ineffective counsel and that SHOULD definitely be one but it also should have much to back it up and not just an attempt with no real basis. I can CLAIM ineffective counsel, it is a very REAL thing and probably even more so with some public defenders. Not ALL. New REAL evidence found should always be a basis. But unless something new is found appeals should not be allowed for decades on end. Or even years. There should be a time frame. It is sooooo ridiculous.

Nope. Never. Protected. Immune. Corrupt. Worthless. Suing and liability is another one that needs to be addressed. That's part of why they won't look into such sh*t of course in some cases. NOT that the families in some cases don't or shouldn't have every right to sue CPS. In fact, their lack of accountability though is why some do or attempt to. That Hawaii child case is OUTRAGEOUS. So are the WEST boys California. Both agencies need to arrest, not just fire and be CLOSED and give answers imo. So do politicians or parole boards who let someone out that killed again and it could be FIGURED they would and their former crimes should have them in prison for years if not LIFE. In some cases it is former murders and they get OUT and murder again. Rape again. Etc. Open borders also do nothing but let the worst of criminals in and out. This is RARELY talked about and news nor anyone will even tell you when a perp is an illegal immigrant.

Nope. Never. Protected. Immune. Corrupt. Worthless. Suing and liability is another one that needs to be addressed. That's part of why they won't look into such sh*t of course in some cases. NOT that the families in some cases don't or shouldn't have every right to sue CPS. In fact, their lack of accountability though is why some do or attempt to. That Hawaii child case is OUTRAGEOUS. So are the WEST boys California. Both agencies need to arrest, not just fire and be CLOSED and give answers imo. So do politicians or parole boards who let someone out that killed again and it could be FIGURED they would and their former crimes should have them in prison for years if not LIFE. In some cases it is former murders and they get OUT and murder again. Rape again. Etc. Open borders also do nothing but let the worst of criminals in and out. This is RARELY talked about and news nor anyone will even tell you when a perp is an illegal immigrant.
They need to shut that immigration s**t down!!! Give 29 million illegal immigrants health insurance?!!!! They suck this country dry!!! If they are criminals in their country. They will be here!!! What don't they understand?!!!

We just had a case here this week with a child found deceased and the neighbors had called in multiple times about abuse/neglect. One neighbor was even given custody of the child for a few days and documented what the child had told her and pics of injuries and they still placed him back in his mother's care and he was dead just a few days later. The entire apartment building is so mad!

We just had a case here this week with a child found deceased and the neighbors had called in multiple times about abuse/neglect. One neighbor was even given custody of the child for a few days and documented what the child had told her and pics of injuries and they still placed him back in his mother's care and he was dead just a few days later. The entire apartment building is so mad!
HOW MANY IS IT GOING TO TAKE?!!

They need to shut that immigration s**t down!!! Give 29 million illegal immigrants health insurance?!!!! They suck this country dry!!! If they are criminals in their country. They will be here!!! What don't they understand?!!!
Yep. One of the biggest causes of some very brutal and serious crimes imo. I can name cases that I suspect the perp (even arrested ones and convicted) were illegal immigrants but they don't tell us and won't. And hide things.

That's AWFUL. I am beyond cynical and I hate it but will say it is going to only get worse. If that's even imaginable.

Heads should roll. You cite proof the neighbor had. And I do not just mean getting fired, fined or admonished with needing to make some "fixes" but criminal charges!

View attachment 20812

Are the prisons even trying to offer rehab programs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flipflop
Back