MO PULASKI COUNTY JANE DOE: F, 25-40, north of Dixon, MO - 25 May 1981 *KAREN KAY KNIPPERS*

1621997291591.png

1586048060348.png

On May 25, 1981, authorities recovered a body of an unidentified, deceased white female from a low water crossing off Highway MM north of Dixon, MO. The woman, estimated to be between age 25-40, had suffered trauma to her face and had been strangled with pantyhose. Her death is considered homicide. The woman’s race is undetermined, possibly White with a mixture of Native American or Hispanic. The victim was likely born in the United States and had probably lived in Missouri for only a few years before her death, based on an analysis of strontium and lead in the her body. She most likely grew up in Southeastern US. When found she was wearing clothes, but no shoes were located.

DNA Doe Project Status: Research in Progress

Date of Discovery: May 25, 1981
Location of Discovery: Dixon, Pulaski County, Missouri
Estimated Date of Death: A day prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Homicide - Beaten and strangled with pantyhose

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 25-40 years old
Race: Unsure, possibly White with Native American or Hispanic admixture.
Height: 5'1" to 5'5
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown or hazel.
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Slightly dark complexion. High cheek bones. Well-nourished. No obvious marks, scars, or tattoos.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Full upper denture plate and dental work on lower teeth.
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Dark blue Try 1 long-sleeved blouse with white pinstripes, In Gear blue jeans, blue bikini panties, and a bra with "Jubel" or "Julie" written on inside with magic marker. No shoes located.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was found in a low water crossing near Highway MM north of Dixon.

There was trauma to the face. Other specific information is available from law enforcement.

Analysis of strontium and lead in the victim's body indicated she was likely born in the United States. She had most likely lived in Missouri for only a few years before her death and was most likely from the Southeastern part of the country, from areas such as Texas to the east coast and from Georgia to south Florida.

1586048183512.png 1586048189861.png 1586048200297.png

Click the Report button on a case if you'd like it to be moved to the general discussion area to be opened for commenting

Last edited:
Demographics
Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: Uncertain
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years): 25-40
Estimated Year of Death: 1981
Height: 5' 3"(63 inches) , Measured
Weight: 130 lbs, Measured

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: May 25, 1981
Location Found Map
County: Pulaski County
Circumstances of Recovery: Victim was found in a low water crossing near Hwy MM north of Dixon, Mo. There was trauma to the face. Other specific information is available from law enforcement. It is believed that the unidentified is a white or Hispanic female.

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Recognizable face

Physical Description
Hair Color: Black
Head Hair Description: Long
Left Eye Color: Brown
Right Eye Color: Brown

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing: Dark blue, long-sleeved blouse with white pinstripes, brand name Try 1; blue jeans, brand name In Gear; blue bikini panties; bra with "Jubel" or "Julie" written inside in magic marker. - On the Body

1586048378889.png

Pulaski County Jane Doe was added to the DNA Doe Project and her DNA submitted to Gedmatch. This linked spreadsheet has her, as well as others, on it. Pulaski Jane has over 7,000 DNA math he’s and her highest match is 273 cM! 273 cM is in the 1st cousin, once removed to 2nd cousin range! Her Gedmatch kit number is private, but I wish I had access to it so I could work on her tree.

Doe Upload.xlsx

Pulaski County Jane Doe was added to the DNA Doe Project and her DNA submitted to Gedmatch. This linked spreadsheet has her, as well as others, on it. Pulaski Jane has over 7,000 DNA math he’s and her highest match is 273 cM! 273 cM is in the 1st cousin, once removed to 2nd cousin range! Her Gedmatch kit number is private, but I wish I had access to it so I could work on her tree.

Doe Upload.xlsx
So, they've identified a first-second cousin of hers? Sounds like they are very close to finding out who she is!

So, they've identified a first-second cousin of hers? Sounds like they are very close to finding out who she is!
The way Gedmatch is set up, they either have a name, a username or an email address of the first-second cousin. They will have to work to triangulate matches and build out family trees from that match. They are getting closer to finding out who she is!

The way Gedmatch is set up, they either have a name, a username or an email address of the first-second cousin. They will have to work to triangulate matches and build out family trees from that match. They are getting closer to finding out who she is!
Gotcha! Thanks. I have my DNA in Gedmatch but don't really pay much attention to it other than that.

Doe Upload.xlsx
Hopefully the same thing is being done to the doe in McDonald County. Somebody local knows something on both of those.

SHE HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED!!! Copy/paste below of the press release by Pulaski County Sheriff's Department:

Pulaski County Jane Doe identified after 40 years, to the day.
Pulaski County Missouri - The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office and the DNA Doe Project announce the identity of a woman whose body was discovered on 25 May 1981 at a low water crossing near Dixon, MO. the victim of an apparent homicide.
After authorities were unable to identify the woman or any details involving her death she was buried in the Waynesville Cemetery in a grave marked “Jane Doe.”
In 2012, Lt. Dottie Taylor, Missouri Highway Patrol, Troop I, entered Jane Doe’s profile in the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System. Detective DJ Renno of the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office became interested in the case and requested approval to relook at the case. Approval was given by Sheriff JB King in 2012 to reopen the case. Sheriff Ronald Long and current Sheriff Jimmy Bench continued the investigation throughout the years searching for answers.
In 2015 Detective Renno, and Pulaski County Coroner Mikel Hartness with the concurrence of Sheriff Ron Long obtained a court order for the exhumation of Jane Doe’s remains to obtain DNA for use in identification.
The exhumation was conducted on 25 May 2015 with the help and assistance of numerous individuals and organizations including members of the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office, Coroner Mikel Hartness, Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman, members of Waynesville City Hall, Waynesville Fire Department, Dan Cordry excavation service, Mr. Mark Beary (Anthropologist), members of the Waynesville Memorial Chapel, and police departments within the county.
In June 2015 the remains were transported to the University of North Texas, Center for Human Identification, Fort Worth TX. for DNA and Forensic Anthropology testing.
In January 2016 An Anthropology report was received on the remains.
In March 2016 a report was received that the extraction and development of DNA was successful.
In May 2016 Jane Doe’s remains were sent to the University of South Florida for forensic Imaging and Isotope analysis.
In January 2017 a report identifying the results from Isotope testing was received.
In April 2019 Jane Doe’s remains were submitted to the DNA Doe Project, in Sebastopol CA. The DNA Doe Project is a volunteer organization using Genetic Genealogy to identify relatives through DNA research.
December 2019 The DNA Doe Project provided a possible name of Jane Doe and the Name of a possible relative (candidate).
In January 2020 - Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office located a candidate (possible relative) in Alexandria VA. The candidate informed Detective Renno that he did have a sister that the family had lost contact with in the early 1980’s. The candidate (possible relative) agreed to provide a DNA sample for comparison / confirmation. The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office in coordination with the regional managers of the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NaMUS) and the Alexandria VA, Detective unit to obtain a DNA sample. The DNA sample was obtained and submitted to NaMUS at the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification for the development and comparison of DNA.
In May 2021 - The genetic data obtained from Pulaski County Jane Doe and the candidate were entered into the Unidentified Human remains and relatives of Missing Persons indices of the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) and association between these samples were noted to be 19.4 million times more likely to be the biological sibling (Pulaski County (Dixon) Jane Doe) and of the candidate (possible relative) as opposed to originate from an unrelated individual.
Bottom Line: We now know the name of Pulaski County (Dixon) Jane Doe is
Karen Kay Knippers.
*********** Press Conference Today *************
May 25th at 1600 with the lead Pulaski County Detective Douglas Renno at Pulaski County Justice Center 403 School Street Waynesville, MO. ************

That recon was pretty darn close

PULASKI-JANE-DOE-ID.jpg

Another thing that is interesting is that I thought for sure her name was going to start with a J due to the writing on her bra. I wonder what that was all about?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back