OK PEGGY McGUIRE: Missing from McIntosh Co., OK - 16 November 2015 - Age 28

610189_ow9ViZjq.jpg

STIDHAM, Okla. -- A $150,000 reward is still being offered in the case of a McIntosh County woman who vanished three years ago.
Peggy McGuire of Stidham was last seen taking her child to school in Canadian on November 16, 2015. She was 29 years old at the time.
Two days after her disappearance, surveillance cameras captured images of McGuire's truck pulling into T&J's Ice House in Eufaula. A man was seen getting out and walking away.
Since then, the investigation has gone cold.
If you have any information that could lead to Peggy McGuire, call the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation at 800-522-8017.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 9792

STIDHAM, Okla. -- A $150,000 reward is still being offered in the case of a McIntosh County woman who vanished three years ago.
Peggy McGuire of Stidham was last seen taking her child to school in Canadian on November 16, 2015. She was 29 years old at the time.
Two days after her disappearance, surveillance cameras captured images of McGuire's truck pulling into T&J's Ice House in Eufaula. A man was seen getting out and walking away.
Since then, the investigation has gone cold.
If you have any information that could lead to Peggy McGuire, call the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation at 800-522-8017.

So her son was 8 when she went missing then... I wonder if the blood or red substances they found came back as her blood. Or maybe advances in video and DNA, etc. could help if that was an issue...

Case of Oklahoma Teen, Found After Going Missing, Puts Spotlight Back on Missing Mom, Who Vanished 5 Years Ago​

The search was on for a 13-year-old boy who vanished after last being seen driving a tractor in his Oklahoma town Monday. With the help of police and volunteers, the boy was found by himself nearly 20 miles away from Stidham, where the search efforts began. He was treated for dehydration, but was alive and in good health, officials said. But the young boy's case has now put the spotlight back on another missing persons case, involving his mother, who also disappeared in the same town almost six years ago.

Peggy McGuire was reported missing Nov. 16, 2015 after dropping her son Ethan off at school outside of Eufaula, just a 16-minute drive from the town the boy recently went missing, according to the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigations.

Muskogee County Sheriff's Office searches pond looking for remains of missing Eufaula woman​

Peggy McGuire was declared missing in November 2015 and was last seen in McIntosh County.

Eight years later, no progress has been made with the search for her until now.

On Wednesday, the Muskogee County Sheriff's Office followed up on a tip that McGuire's body is wrapped in chicken wire held down under the surface of a pond south of Washington Avenue in the town of Oktaha.

"There were some people that knew Peggy back in 2015. They were hearing stuff. They were talking amongst themselves one place or the other. One gentleman has moved away and he's the person that's been calling us and saying you might want to go to Oktaha [and] check the pond. I believe she's going to be in there," said Bert Poole, an investigator with the Muskogee County District Attorney's Office.

The sheriff's office and the Lighthorse Police Department began their search just before noon on Wednesday. After about three hours of searching, unfortunately there wasn't any clues.

Poole said they will continue to search for McGuire to give her family answers.

"We can contact our resources or contact the people that's been calling us and maybe get another area of the pond, but we're not just going to give up. We want to try again to locate a victim for a family who really needs to have that closure," Poole said.

New tip in missing Mvskoke woman investigation comes up dry​

It has been almost nine years since the disappearance of Mvskoke citizen Peggy McGuire, and still there has been no trace of her whereabouts. Recently on Feb. 21 local law enforcement, including Muscogee (Creek) Nation Lighthorse Police received a tip on the investigation to search a pond in a property located in southern Muskogee County. The LPD dive team was dispatched to the pond to search for possible remains.

In a statement from Muscogee (Creek) Nation Press Secretary Jason Salsman, the tip unfortunately did not produce the results law enforcement was hoping for. The statement reads,

“Muskogee County was contacted by a news organization that had received a tip that this area may contain the remains of Peggy McGuire, a Muscogee Creek citizen missing since 2015. The initial search of the pond yielded no results, however LHPD and Muskogee County will continue to monitor and search the area while following any additional leads that may come from this investigation.”

McGuire was last seen on November 16, 2015 dropping her son off at school outside of Eufaula. Two days later McGuire’s Toyota truck was recovered from the parking lot of TJ’s Ice House Bar in McIntosh County. The last person she spoke with was her step-father.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation requests that those with tips regarding the McGuire investigation submit them to tips@osbi.ok.gov.

Whoever sent in the tip, thank you! If you hear anything else, please don't hesitate to call in another tip! Peggy's loved ones need answers.

Tip given to FOX23 leads to developments in Muskogee County 9-year search for missing woman​

FOX23 received a tip about the case from someone who believes they know where McGuire is buried.

“All I want is closure,” said Betty Davis, McGuire's mother.

On Friday, investigators went to a pond in the backyard of a home in Oktaha to try and find McGuire.

The sounds of the pump, had the family hoping again.

“My stomach went churning. I had a little hope,” Betty said.

Betty and Don Davis drove down from McIntosh County to see the dig in person themselves.

They've been looking for their daughter for nearly nine years, knowing what they are looking for are her remains.

“They say she ran off. She didn’t run off. She would not leave her little boy or family. It’s an awful feeling," Betty said.

A tip given to FOX23's Shae Rozzi is the biggest break in the case in years. It’s why defense attorney Steve Money and Muskogee County District Attorney Investigator Bert Poole are standing with the family, watching.

“I want to thank FOX23 and Muskogee County and the District Attorney for everything you all are doing. We really appreciate it,” Betty said.

The tip was that McGuire was here, wrapped in chicken wire and weighed down by cinderblocks.

In February, divers searched the pond leading to a pump being brought down on Friday to lower the water levels so investigators could dig further.

“I got involved when Shae Rozzi got some information and she called me to see if I knew anything about this old case which I didn’t, but I knew a guy who knew a guy, and that’s how Bert Poole got involved,” Money said.

Poole said the goal on Friday was simple.

“The person who has been talking to us has also told us there were cinderblocks down there and all the things he is telling us are adding up. I told my boss we need to look and satisfy ourselves one way or another,” Poole said.

On Friday, as the water drained, investigators had to stop because the runoff was overflowing a nearby creek.

After the crews stopped pumping, they dug in the area they thought Peggy may be, but didn't find anything.

The Davis family said they feel like there is a slim chance McGuire is in this pond, but they do know that someone, somewhere knows something.

“We know there are a few people who know where she is at and I hope it eats up their heart,” said Davis. “Hopefully one day there will be closure."

Investigators told FOX23, weather permitting, the plan is to be back on-site next week to continue draining and digging at the pond.

The Davis family said they are offering a $150,000 reward for anyone who gives information that leads to McGuire's body being found.

Friday, April 26th 2024, 10:22 pm
By: Kaitlyn Deggs

Saturday is Missing in Oklahoma Day when families can report missing loved ones and learn about how to move their cases forward.

Peggy McGuire hasn’t been seen in almost nine years.

McGuire’s cousin Elizabeth Leeper said every day that passes just makes her more desperate for answers and she will never stop talking about McGuire until she is found.

McGuire dropped her son off at school in Eufaula on Nov. 16, 2015, and disappeared.

"It's a feeling of hopelessness,” said Leeper. “There's been no leads, there's been no thought of her. She is a missing person. But the family and I have no reason to believe that Peggy's alive."

Leeper and McGuire grew up together and were good friends.

She says McGuire always had her back.

"She was the sweetest, kindest soul that you would ever meet,” said Leeper. “I know people go missing and you want to say all the good things about them. She was ornery, and she was full of spunk, and she would take up for you."

She wants to get fresh eyes on McGuire’s case so one day they will finally learn what happened to her, all these years later.

"There's new people coming into police departments all the time, there's new detectives and there's new OSBI and FBI agents on cases,” said Leeper. “My prayer and my thought is someone gets hungry to find where Peggy is. Hungry like we're hungry."

She believes that even if there isn’t justice for McGuire here on Earth, justice will one day come.

“They're going to have to pay for it,” said Leeper. “I'm a Christian, and I believe that. We'll all pay for it. You can't hide things, you can't lie forever. I hope there is justice in this lifetime, but if there is not, you will have justice one day. One way or another. The truth will come out."

The Missing in Oklahoma Event will be held Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the University of Central Oklahoma Forensic Science Institute.

Families can initiate a missing persons report with law enforcement, enter and/or review the missing person information at NamUs and provide additional information/leads, provide information about medical and/or dental records to help with identification and provide family reference DNA with a cheek swab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aegrisomnias
Back