FL NOEMI BOLIVAR: Missing from Hollywood, FL - 11 Feb 2021 - Age 21

1639627370975.png1613850505972.png

Police search for missing 21-year-old out of Hollywood​

Police are asking for the public’s help in locating a missing woman out of Hollywood.

Noemi Bolivar, 21, left her home in Hollywood at around 4 p.m. Thursday to go for a walk.

“In my heart, I feel like she’s OK,” said her father Jose Bolivar, “but that doesn’t mean that she’s not in danger and I could be running out of time.”

The exhausted father pushes forward to search for his 21-year-old daughter, who has been missing since last Thursday.

Noemi Bolivar has been missing since last Thursday, when her family said she took a bus to Anne Kolb Nature Center to go for a walk.

They said she texted with friends once she got there.

“She sent pictures to her friends from the park, so we know she made it safely there,” said her mother Marycell Bolivar.

Then nothing. Police said her phone pinged a few hours later at a nearby Hollywood Beach, but there was no sign of her there either.

MEDIA - NOEMI BOLIVAR: Missing from Hollywood, FL since Feb 2021 - Age 21

Last edited:

Authorities search Anne Kolb Nature Center for evidence missing 21-year-old was in the area​

Authorities searched around the Anne Kolb Nature Center to look for evidence to help in their search for a missing 21-year-old from Hollywood.

More than two dozen Hollywood Police officers, with the assistance of the Broward Sheriff’s Office, searched the park on Sheridan Street, just west of Hollywood Beach, Wednesday afternoon.

“We want to assure the family, we want to assure the citizens that we’re doing everything we possibly can to help find Noemi,” Hollywood Police spokesperson Christian Lata said. “We have helicopters, we have drones, we have K-9 units, we have bloodhounds. We’re doing everything humanly possible.”

South Florida woman, 21, goes missing after visiting nature park​

Authorities are searching for a missing 21-year-old woman who was last seen visiting a South Florida nature center last week.

Noemi Bolivar's was supposed to take part in a Zoom Bible study last Thursday, but never showed up. Since then, authorities, family and community members have held numerous searches.

Investigators pinged Bolivar's phone near Hollywood Beach but were unable to locate her.

Local authorities are pooling resources to aid in the search, using police dogs, drones and an aviation unit.

Family and friends are concerned Bolivar may have been kidnapped and said her disappearance is out of character.

1613850873656.png 1613850887833.png

Police Release New Surveillance Photo in Search for Missing Hollywood Woman​

Hollywood Police released a new photo Saturday they hope will help in their efforts to find a missing college student who was last seen earlier in February.

Noemi Bolivar has not been seen since leaving her home February 11th.

Police released a surveillance photo taken that day showing Bolivar getting on a bus in the 7000 block of Sheridan Street.

In the photo, Bolivar is seen wearing a black and white shirt along with denim shorts, teal sneakers, black sunglasses and a facial mask. Police say she later got off the bus alone in the 800 block of Sheridan Street.

Family members said Bolivar looks very young and they described her as sweet but naive, and said they're worried she could have been a victim of human trafficking.

Bolivar's parents say she is a high-functioning person with autism and is on Adderal after she was diagnosed with ADHD. Family members described her as very bright, with a major in wildlife ecology from Brigham Young University, but they’re worried someone could have abducted her.

“This is totally out of character to think that she would get up and leave," her mother, Marycel, said.

1613850854178.png

She looks younger than 21. Apparently she did go where she said she was going and there is evidence of it per the bus ride, etc.

I guess like any case like this one the best case scenario is she left on her own... Hard to say though.

Yeah, this case scares me. Super bright college student but her parents say she can be naive...could be a recipe for disaster if the wrong person happens to see her or start talking to her.
And it has been a number of days already too. I wonder if she did this kind of trip often. If so, I would hope she was more aware than we think of safety and such. Still though, it has been a long time already...

What's extra worrisome to me is that her phone was pinged in that area as late as 11pm. Did she lose it? Did she try to go somewhere else and someone "made" her "lose" it? Did she dump it intentionally? (Based on the reaction of her family and friends, she doesn't seem like the type to leave on her own, but you never know.)

This video has a good overview of the area. Maps, pics, videos, etc. Some unrelated stuff too, so I didn't watch the whole thing. But it's a good intro I think.
Also of note...I know the suspect has been arrested, but this is the same area Leila Cavett disappeared.

A Latter-day Saint congregation’s search for a missing girl​

Noemi Bolivar’s father frantically searches for his missing daughter every day.

Jose Bolivar drives through the communities around Hollywood, Florida, hoping for a glimpse of a young woman who was brimming with potential when she left home Feb. 11 to take a walk in a nature preserve.

Noemi returned to Florida last spring due to the COVID-19 pandemic and graduated remotely from BYU-Idaho in the fall, but her 22nd birthday came and went Monday with no sign of her whereabouts.

Marycel abruptly left her Pathway class on the night of Feb. 11 when Noemi didn’t come home. Police pinged Noemi’s phone but found nothing at the beach location it returned. They called off their search after midnight.

The next morning, a Friday, members of the Fort Lauderdale Florida Stake took action. Instantly, they organized in two customary ways, based on their church callings and their experiences with hurricane response.

The Primary chorister in the Hollywood Ward, Karem Ryker, launched a Facebook push to mobilize searchers, and the first search party of a dozen people went out at noon. A second search in the evening doubled in size.

That night, and every night since, a collection of members met to coordinate.

Police Urge for More Info Nearly 1 Month After Hollywood Woman Disappeared​

Almost one month after Noemi Bolivar was last seen, Hollywood police are once again urging the public to be observant of the 21-year-old's whereabouts.

"The Hollywood Police Department has continued to be in contact with Bolivar’s family and is concerned about her," the department said in a news release Thursday.

I am still hopeful in this one she left voluntarily as that would be the best outcome most likely.

She only came back to Florida this past spring (did she ever live there prior, a bit unclear to me) so it sounds due to Covid, she was schooling at home, bible study at home, etc. so perhaps she missed someone or felt a need for some space. That's my hope anyhow.

Search for missing recent BYU-Idaho grad reaches one month​

Friends, family and strangers are praying for the return of a recent Brigham Young University-Idaho graduate who vanished in Florida a month ago.

Noemi Bolivar, 21, disappeared sometime on the afternoon of Feb. 11 at the Anne Kolb Nature Center in Broward County, according to the Hollywood, Florida, Police Department. As searches for the missing woman have seemingly come up with nothing, many gathered for a “night of prayer” outside the local chapel of Bolivar’s Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints congregation Thursday.

Bolivar returned to Florida last year during the outbreak of COVID-19 and graduated from BYU-Idaho in December with a degree in plant and wildlife ecology.

Bolivar’s family is currently taking a break from speaking with the media; however, social media accounts established by friends have been used to keep people updated. Between Facebook and Instagram, thousands of people from across the country are following the search.

Hmm. So she came from Idaho to Florida. No connection I am sure but hearing BYU Idaho can't help but make me think of the Daybell/Vallow case. I wonder if it is the Rexburg campus.

If she received her degree in December, just guessing she had been in school in Idaho for a few years at least. I wonder who she stayed with there or if she roomed at school, etc. I imagine she was an active part of the church there. Moving home was likely a big adjustment. I wonder if there is someone she misses or was seeing.

Just an off the wall thought but she had a degree in plant ecology and headed to a nature center. Could she have been meeting a former classmate there or even looking for a job? However, she was not dressed as if for a job interview.

I wonder why the family is taking a break from talking with the media. Not judging other than to say with an adult missing, most have trouble keeping the face and news in the media and are upset by the lack of coverage.

I still think there is a chance she left of her own accord which would be the best case scenario. Her age, living at home and the commitments and structure of being that age and back under the parents' roof is similar to some cases we have seen in the past year where they did exactly that.

Private Investigator Believes Noemi Bolivar Could Still Be Alive​

A private investigator believes 22-year-old Noemi Bolivar -- who Hollywood Police say has been missing for months -- could still be alive.

Joe Carrillo, who has searched for and found missing people for years, sparked activity on the "Bring Noemi Home" Facebook page, saying last month Bolivar initiated a text conversation with three friends, said nothing, and then mysteriously powered down her phone.

"I believe that was a message that, 'I am OK,' and the fact that she has not back communicated with anybody possibly could mean, 'leave me alone,'" Carrillo said.

After weeks of looking for clues, Carillo thinks Bolivar struggled with her faith and may have wanted to get away.

"Noemi had some very serious inner struggles, and the struggles had to do with her belief and the acceptance of her belief in her church," Carrillo said.

“Knowing that her phone has been turned on gives me hope that she’s alive,” Ryker said.

Police are investigating, and Carrillo is still searching, believing that Bolivar is well aware of the search efforts.

"The only thing that we wanna do is get a solid proof of life," Carrillo said. "Not that her phone went on and to be able to tell her parents your daughter is alive and well."

Ryker says Bolivar seemed happy before she disappeared and says no matter what, she can always come home.

“We will welcome her with open arms, no questions asked at any moment,” Ryker said.

Private Investigator Believes Noemi Bolivar Could Still Be Alive​

A private investigator believes 22-year-old Noemi Bolivar -- who Hollywood Police say has been missing for months -- could still be alive.

Joe Carrillo, who has searched for and found missing people for years, sparked activity on the "Bring Noemi Home" Facebook page, saying last month Bolivar initiated a text conversation with three friends, said nothing, and then mysteriously powered down her phone.

"I believe that was a message that, 'I am OK,' and the fact that she has not back communicated with anybody possibly could mean, 'leave me alone,'" Carrillo said.

After weeks of looking for clues, Carillo thinks Bolivar struggled with her faith and may have wanted to get away.

"Noemi had some very serious inner struggles, and the struggles had to do with her belief and the acceptance of her belief in her church," Carrillo said.

“Knowing that her phone has been turned on gives me hope that she’s alive,” Ryker said.

Police are investigating, and Carrillo is still searching, believing that Bolivar is well aware of the search efforts.

"The only thing that we wanna do is get a solid proof of life," Carrillo said. "Not that her phone went on and to be able to tell her parents your daughter is alive and well."

Ryker says Bolivar seemed happy before she disappeared and says no matter what, she can always come home.

“We will welcome her with open arms, no questions asked at any moment,” Ryker said.
This one had the appearance from the start as though she may have just left. However, it doesn't give anyone peace of mind not knowing, particularly her family I'm sure.

Noemi has been missing for a year now. There was nothing in the news to mark the date.

Was she ever listed with FDLE? I can't find her listed as missing on their site...

Facebook page is still going and indicating she's still missing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back