CA NAYA RIVERA: Missing from Lake Piru, CA - 8 July 2020 - Age 33 *Found Deceased*

1594274742808.jpeg
‘Glee’ actress Naya Rivera missing, feared dead; 4-year-old son found alone on boat, deputies say

Deputies in California will resume searching Thursday for “Glee” star Naya Rivera, who was feared dead after her young son was discovered alone on a boat on Lake Piru, multiple news outlets are reporting.

According to KCBS and KNBC, the 33-year-old actress rented a boat Wednesday afternoon and went swimming on the lake with her 4-year-old son, the Ventura County Sheriff's Office said. The boy, who was wearing a life vest, safely returned to the boat, but Rivera never did, deputies said.

Staffers with the boat rental company discovered the boy alone on the vessel and alerted authorities, who looked for the actress until suspending the search late Wednesday, KABC reported. The search will resume Thursday, officials said.

MEDIA - NAYA RIVERA: Missing from Lake Piru, CA since 8 July 2020 - Age 33

Last edited:
Friday's search for 'Glee' star Naya Rivera 'much more technological'

The search effort to recover the body of "Glee" actress Naya Rivera, 33, resumed at daybreak Friday in Lake Piru.

As of 3 p.m., no remains had been found, according to the Ventura County Sheriff's Office. Teams had resumed efforts at first light.

Sheriff's officials investigating the incident say there was no evidence of foul play or any indication of a suicide. The death appears to be the result of an accident of some sort.

Friday's search effort was different than Thursday's attempt, which ultimately had close to 100 people in the water, said Ventura County Sheriff's Sgt. Kevin Donoghue, a spokesman for the agency.

"Today, we put fewer divers in the water," he said, "but more technology."

Specialized equipment had arrived at the scene Friday, including side-scan sonar, that would allow dive teams to search "smarter and more efficiently," Donoghue said.

About 50 people were expected to search the lake Friday, he said, including dive teams from Los Angeles and Tulare counties along with the local agency's unit.

The lake bed beneath the water has almost no visibility, which meant human divers had to basically search by feel, he said. The side-scan sonar allows crews to target, and search for, objects with a specific size profile.

When objects are located, a remote drone can be sent to look at what the sonar sees or divers can get in the water to look at those targets.

"It is a much more technological search," Donoghue said Friday morning.

Helicopter crews returned Friday along with cadaver dogs and an aerial drone.

In addition, sheriff's personnel spoke with Rivera's son.

"The interview with her son was key," Donoghue said. "We received enough specific details from him to lead us to conclude that she disappeared in the water and did not come back."

That's why the search effort is now entirely in the water, he said. Authorities are not releasing additional details about their interview with the boy out of respect for the family, he said.

I read a similar article a bit ago. It said too that from the son it was pretty clear she disappeared in the water, they are unsure if he climbed back in the boat himself or she managed to get him back into the boat.

I suspect they know a bit more from him to be secure in what happened to a point without over traumatizing or questioning him. It is all I need to know but I do hope they find her.

Still so sad. Just enjoying a day with her boy.

Search for Naya Rivera continues into weekend, 4 days after ‘Glee’ star’s presumed drowning at Lake Piru

Several dive teams and cadaver dogs continued efforts to find actress Naya Rivera at Lake Piru on Saturday, four days after she presumably drowned during a boating trip with her 4-year-old son, officials said.

The boating vendor discovered the vessel in an area about 30 feet deep after the boat didn’t return following the 3-hour rental period, officials said. The child was asleep on board, wearing a life jacket. Another life vest and Rivera’s purse and ID were on the boat as well, according to authorities.

Ventura County Sheriff’s Office investigators later announced that Rivera likely drowned in what appeared to be a “tragic accident.” Her son has since been safely staying with family members, authorities said.

You know, if this is a tragic accident, which it does appear to be from what we know, I hope they find her otherwise there will be questions which it appears is already the case per this... I even can think of things that could have happened other than an accident but I don't lean that way, seems unlikely, but again, I hope they find her putting that to rest... And so that she can be laid to rest...

Body found at lake where 'Glee' actress Naya Rivera went missing, authorities say

A body has been found at the Southern California lake where former "Glee" actress Naya Rivera disappeared, the Ventura County Sheriff's Office announced in a tweet Monday.

The body, which has not been identified, was discovered Monday morning at Lake Piru.

"Recovery is in progress," tweeted the VCSO.

The Ventura County Sheriff's department has notified Rivera's family and the medical examiner's office of the body found in Lake Piru, Capt Eric Buschow said Monday morning.
"When you have a situation like this and it ends up being a recovery, it's hard for everybody involved. I can't even imagine what it's like for the family," Buschow said in a live interview with KTLA Monday morning. "Hopefully this provides some level of closure, whatever that means, for the family."
He did not give confirmation that it is indeed Rivera's body.
The body was found floating in the northeast area of the lake Monday morning.

Sheriff: ‘Glee’ star Naya Rivera saved son before drowning

“Glee” star Naya Rivera ’s 4-year-old son told investigators that his mother, whose body was found in a Southern California lake Monday, boosted him back on to the deck of their rented boat before he looked back and saw her disappearing under the water, authorities said.

“She must have mustered enough energy to get her son back on the boat, but not enough to save herself,” Ventura County Sheriff Bill Ayub said at a news conference.

The boy, Josey Hollis Dorsey, was found asleep and alone in a life vest on the drifting pontoon boat about three hours after they launched on Lake Piru northwest of Los Angeles, setting off a five-day search that ended with the discovery of the body of the 33-year-old floating near the surface early Monday, authorities said.

The mother and son had gone swimming, which was permitted in that part of the lake, Ayub said. She was not wearing a life vest.

Authorities believe that Rivera drowned accidentally, and that her body was most likely trapped in the vegetation under the lake for several days before floating to the top, Ayub said.

Didn't know a thing about who she was but tearing up. No good to say if only, but if only she had a life jacket on, who knows. While she could not know for sure he would be found safe, I hope she died knowing her son was likely safe thanks to her... I am sure she hoped and planned to hang on and/or follow him up... Prayers for the son and family. RIP Naya.

Thoughts on this? I am not sure what I think. If all of the things claimed are true, then I guess I see perhaps some cause. However, what was she aware of? The boy had a life jacket so she knew to do that apparently or bring one for him. She took the boy into the water. Had she been on the lake before and on a pontoon from the same company?

Signs on a lake? Lakes are lakes. We have campgrounds that rent pontoons, row boats, canoes, paddle boats, they don't come with radios.

Don't get me wrong, this case is heartbreaking and thank goodness she saved her child.

With the facts known, I don't think a radio would have helped anything, she never made it back out of the water. As to flotation devices, again the child had one so she either knew they were to bring their own or chose not to wear one herself or so it would seem. As for the lake, again, you are going into nature, it is a lake... You go hike a mountain are there signs on every cliff, rock crevice, etc.?

Not meant to sound cold whatsoever, but some things are simply a tragic accident... I guess it will take seeing the facts and the case evolve...

Thoughts on this? I am not sure what I think. If all of the things claimed are true, then I guess I see perhaps some cause. However, what was she aware of? The boy had a life jacket so she knew to do that apparently or bring one for him. She took the boy into the water. Had she been on the lake before and on a pontoon from the same company?

Signs on a lake? Lakes are lakes. We have campgrounds that rent pontoons, row boats, canoes, paddle boats, they don't come with radios.

Don't get me wrong, this case is heartbreaking and thank goodness she saved her child.

With the facts known, I don't think a radio would have helped anything, she never made it back out of the water. As to flotation devices, again the child had one so she either knew they were to bring their own or chose not to wear one herself or so it would seem. As for the lake, again, you are going into nature, it is a lake... You go hike a mountain are there signs on every cliff, rock crevice, etc.?

Not meant to sound cold whatsoever, but some things are simply a tragic accident... I guess it will take seeing the facts and the case evolve...

The lawsuit claims Rivera's death was preventable and states that the boat she and her son rented from Lake Piru did not have the proper features and equipment necessary to comply with U.S. Coast Guard safety standards.

Sounds to me like this is worth investigating, if true.

The lawsuit claims Rivera's death was preventable and states that the boat she and her son rented from Lake Piru did not have the proper features and equipment necessary to comply with U.S. Coast Guard safety standards.

Sounds to me like this is worth investigating, if true.
Yes, I guess we will find out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helender
Back