KS MISS MOLLY: WF, 20-35, found in creek under I-70 bridge in Salina, KS - 25 Jan 1986 *ROBIN GREEN*

1602199266097.png

184UFKS - Unidentified Female
184UFKS4.jpg
184UFKS2.jpg
Artistic rendering
Artistic rendering
Artistic rendering

Artistic renderings of the victim by Carl Koppelman and Wesley Neville; initial police sketches. To view a postmortem photograph, please click here.

Date of Discovery: January 25, 1986
Location of Discovery: Salina, Saline County, Kansas
Estimated Date of Death: 1-2 days prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Homicide by forced drowning. The victim was also severely beaten.

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 20-35 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 125 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown with blond highlights, short in length.
Eye Color: Blue or gray.
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Light complexion. Appendix scar and stretch marks on her abdomen indicated that she had carried a child and had given birth in the past. Also, her appendix had been removed, and she had scars on the left side of her jaw (there was a 1" scar on the jaw bone to the left of the chin and a 3/4" scar on the jaw bone below the left cheek); a 3/4" circular scar on the right knee. She had false fingernails painted bright red.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Dental records indicated the victim had some recent orthodontic work completed that would be pertinent identifiable characteristics a recent extraction of a tooth, root canal therapy with a broken reamer found, and both upper first premolars extracted and orthodontics done to close the spaces.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Pending.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Beige Chantelle brassiere (size 32B, made in France with French and European markings), black Jockey For Her very abbreviated French cut bikini panties, knee high stockings and lavender Abraxas sweat pants with two pockets in the front with zippers that zipped up and down. It appears that neither the bra or the sweat pants were sold in Kansas.
Jewelry: Unknown.
Additional Personal Items: A blue-colored nylon bag with white drawstrings, and white pillow case, including other clothing items were located in the vicinity of the body, however, it has never been proved that these items belonged to the victim.

Circumstances of Discovery
On the afternoon of January 25, 1986, the victim was located in a creek, on the north side of a bridge in the westbound lane of I-70, approximately 14 miles west of the city of Salina, KS. It appears that the woman was beaten and tossed over the bridge into a shallow creek where she died as a result of drowning.

She did not appear to be a homeless person, and seemed to be very well groomed, had recent dental work, expensive clothes, fashioned false fingernails. The bra and sweats she was wearing were manufactured in France and were sold only on the East and West coasts in large cities such as New York and California, or from outside the USA.

Investigators nicknamed the victim "Miss Molly" and she was buried in an unmarked grave in Gypsum Hill Cemetery.

In 2019, it was announced investigators discovered consistancies with the dental records of Anna Neeft, a Belgian woman last seen in Canada in 1984. Afterward, the unidentified woman's body was exhumed for DNA. Comparison between the two women is being conducted, but could take months.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Saline County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Mike Smith
Agency Phone Number: 785-826-6500
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 1986-89

NCIC Case Number: U183402219
NamUs Case Number: 5066

Information Source(s)
NamUs
ViCAP
The Wichita Eagle
KWCH
HLN News (Dutch)
National Center for Missing Adults

*Click the Report button if you'd like this case moved to the general discussion area to be opened for commenting.

Last edited by a moderator:
''Miss Molly'' has been identified!

Dental records confirm identity of 'Miss Molly'
written by Annette Lawless

SALINA, Kan. (KAKE) - Investigators have identified a woman found dead decades ago in north-central Kansas.

The body of an unidentified woman, nicknamed “Miss Molly,” was exhumed from her grave in late July 2019. DNA was taken from her body and entered in the FBI’s Combined DNA Index System (CODIS). Miss Molly was believed to be one of two unidentified women from Europe. In late February, the sheriff’s office was notified of a possible familial match. A positive ID was made through dental records.

The mystery of this Jane Doe has haunted the county since she was found in January 1986. She was found in a creek off Interstate 70. She was beaten and had apparently drowned.

Saline County Sheriff Roger Soldan said he plans to share an update on the woman’s identity in a press conference at 4 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 11, at the Sheriff’s Office. The sheriff is also expected to address where the department is on the homicide investigation of the case.

KAKE News will be at the update and will share details as they become available.

Saline County sheriff: ‘Miss Molly’ identified as Robin Ann Green of LA
by: KSN News
Posted: Aug 10, 2020

SALINA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Saline County Sheriff’s Office says a woman’s body that was unidentified for 34 years and came to be known as “Miss Molly” has been identified as Robin Ann Green, 28, from Los Angeles.

Sheriff Roger Soldan said Green’s identity has been confirmed through DNA and dental records. Last July, the body of “Miss Molly” was exhumed so that samples could be obtained for DNA testing.
He said Robin Ann Green was married to Michael Lewis Green in 1985. The couple went to Minnesota in December of 1985 to visit Robin’s 4 children who lived there with her ex-husband.

The Minnesota relatives last saw Robin on December 28, 1985.

She was found dead in Mulberry Creek along Interstate 70 in Saline County on January 25, 1986. Authorities investigated her death as a homicide. No one was arrested in connection to the case.
In 2017, Minnesota encouraged people with missing relatives to submit DNA for a database. One of Robin’s daughters, now an adult, submitted DNA. That is what “Miss Molly’s” DNA was matched with to finally get the body identified.

The resulting DNA profile was entered in the FBI Combined DNA Index System (CODIS), and in late February, the sheriff’s office was notified that a possible familial match was obtained. After further examination, the sheriff’s office said the match provided positive identification through dental records.

The sheriff says they are still trying to solve Robin’s murder. Her husband Michael died in 2007. The sheriff said the husband has not been ruled out. The sheriff says they are requesting old records about Robin and Michael and they are trying to locate anyone who knew the couple.

Robin Green
1597192216336.png
1597192242425.png
1597192309473.png
Robin and her husband, Micheal, during their honeymoon, taken months before her death

Robin Ann Green, known as "Miss Molly" while unidentified, was a woman found dead in Kansas in 1986. She was identified in 2020.

Green's body was discovered along Interstate 70 in January 1986. She had been beaten severely and thrown over a bridge, where she drowned in the water below.

In July 2019, her body was exhumed for DNA testing purposes. FBI's Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) produced a familial match in February 2020, with a subsequent dental records examination resulting in a conclusive identification.

Green was last seen on December 28, 1985, in Minnesota. She had been visiting her children for Christmas and planned to travel back to her residence in Los Angeles, California. She married Michael Lewis Green in the summer of 1985, and it is known that their residence had once been seized during a drug investigation. Michael died in 2007 and police have not ruled him out as a suspect in Robin's death.

No missing person's report for Robin was ever filed because her family believed that police had been looking for her as part of the drug investigation. It is also unknown how she ended up in Kansas

Robin Ann Green, known as "Miss Molly" while unidentified, was a woman found dead in Kansas in 1986. She was identified in 2020.

Green's body was discovered along Interstate 70 in January 1986. She had been beaten severely and thrown over a bridge, where she drowned in the water below.

In July 2019, her body was exhumed for DNA testing purposes. FBI's Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) produced a familial match in February 2020, with a subsequent dental records examination resulting in a conclusive identification.

Green was last seen on December 28, 1985, in Minnesota. She had been visiting her children for Christmas and planned to travel back to her residence in Los Angeles, California. She married Michael Lewis Green in the summer of 1985, and it is known that their residence had once been seized during a drug investigation. Michael died in 2007 and police have not ruled him out as a suspect in Robin's death.

No missing person's report for Robin was ever filed because her family believed that police had been looking for her as part of the drug investigation. It is also unknown how she ended up in Kansas
the route from Minnesota to Los Angeles would just be a trip down I-70, where Salina is.

the route from Minnesota to Los Angeles would just be a trip down I-70, where Salina is.
I thought that too at first but then I saw her estimated death was 1 to 2 days prior to her being found. If the MN relatives last saw her on 12/28 and she and her husband lived in LA, she was found on January, 25th, so that puts her death at the 23rd or 24th, where were they for that almost month in between?

I thought that too at first but then I saw her estimated death was 1 to 2 days prior to her being found. If the MN relatives last saw her on 12/28 and she and her husband lived in LA, she was found on January, 25th, so that puts her death at the 23rd or 24th, where were they for that almost month in between
I've been thinking about that myself, but I've also been thinking about her clothes. Could it be that she and her husband went abroad right after visiting the MN relatives, or road tripped or something before heading home to California? As far as I can see, there's no information on how they got to Minnesota or how they left, but I suspect it wasn't by plane.

I've been thinking about that myself, but I've also been thinking about her clothes. Could it be that she and her husband went abroad right after visiting the MN relatives, or road tripped or something before heading home to California? As far as I can see, there's no information on how they got to Minnesota or how they left, but I suspect it wasn't by plane.
I am going to guess you know the case far better than I. I have only just read the little bit here. The articles differ. One says she traveled with the husband Green to MN to see her children and the other said they were divorced and made it almost sound like she traveled to Mn on her own. It also says it was believed after leaving MN she was going back to LA but that house at one time had been seized during a drug investigation or that is how it sounds anyhow to me or how I took it...

The clothing is interesting but it did say it could be purchased in LA or NYC but your thought of going abroad sure fits as well... There is quite a gap in dates here. However, again, I only just read what was here and don't know more or really anything about the case.

Since they now have a name to put to the body solving both a missing case and unknown body case, I would think news will continue to come on this one?

I am going to guess you know the case far better than I. I have only just read the little bit here. The articles differ. One says she traveled with the husband Green to MN to see her children and the other said they were divorced and made it almost sound like she traveled to Mn on her own. It also says it was believed after leaving MN she was going back to LA but that house at one time had been seized during a drug investigation or that is how it sounds anyhow to me or how I took it...

The clothing is interesting but it did say it could be purchased in LA or NYC but your thought of going abroad sure fits as well... There is quite a gap in dates here. However, again, I only just read what was here and don't know more or really anything about the case.

Since they now have a name to put to the body solving both a missing case and unknown body case, I would think news will continue to come on this one?
I hope so. I guess the memories about exact dates and details get a bit fuzzy after 34 years. I theorised that she was a trucker victim when she was a Jane Doe, but theoretically she could have been hitchhiking back to LA from MN, so that theory could still hold if she travelled alone. I can only imagine the LE rolling their eyes and refusing to take Robin's missing person's report if her relatives did tried to report her back then, telling them that she was an adult who left on her accord and had the right to disappear if she wanted to.. *sigh* How often haven't we heard THAT before?

I hope so. I guess the memories about exact dates and details get a bit fuzzy after 34 years. I theorised that she was a trucker victim when she was a Jane Doe, but theoretically she could have been hitchhiking back to LA from MN, so that theory could still hold if she travelled alone. I can only imagine the LE rolling their eyes and refusing to take Robin's missing person's report if her relatives did tried to report her back then, telling them that she was an adult who left on her accord and had the right to disappear if she wanted to.. *sigh* How often haven't we heard THAT before?

No argument there. It still goes on doesn't it? It goes on even with teenagers? Oh she/he probably ran away and will be back tomorrow... I understand to a point but err to the side of caution maybe and at least start investigating or looking into it...

I had no knowledge of this case until today when seeing the match-up and all today and read it.

But yes, when someone seems maybe involved in drugs or prostitution or even a teen who has run away before, etc., not uncommon for LE to roll their eyes... I try to be fair and realize they probably go through so much of it... Where the person comes back on their own. But still...

Fortunately, Robin had case workers in the 21st century who refused to give up on having her identified, and had her dug up, exhumed and extracted for DNA as late as 2019, which in turn led to the identification today. Hopefully, this will yield some new leads that could solve her murder entirely.

I want to know why the police didn't realize she was missing? If they were under investigation for drugs.

She was a lot prettier than depicted in her recons. So sad!

I want to know why the police didn't realize she was missing? If they were under investigation for drugs.

She was a lot prettier than depicted in her recons. So sad!
I wonder how old that pic is. She looks fairly young in it. Drugs could have aged her dramatically, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back