OR MICHAEL BRYSON: Missing from Hobo Camp, Lane Co, OR - 5 Aug 2020 - Age 27

bryson.jpg

DORENA, Ore. -- Search efforts have grown to find 27-year-old Michael Bryson who went missing early Wednesday morning.

Bryson was camping at the Hobo Camp Campground with friends last week when he wandered away from the site Wednesday morning and that was the last time he was seen.

The search is not isolated to just the campground and surrounding areas. Friends have deployed into cities all over western Oregon looking for any leads that could point them to where he might be.

His family said the longest they've ever gone without hearing from him is two days.

"It's very rare that five days in he would not have reached out to mom, dad, or sister," his uncle said.

The effort to find Bryson has grown beyond just those who knew him.

A facebook group with more than 2,000 members is dedicated to finding the young man.

The man's dad said Bryson doesn't know a stranger. He said his son was kind and friendly to everyone he met. He said he hopes that's the energy that brings him home.

A $10,000 reward is available for any information leading to his discovery, all which was donated to fuel efforts to find him.

MEDIA - MICHAEL BRYSON: Missing from Hobo Camp, Lane Co, OR since 5 Aug 2020 - Age 27

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been pretty out of the drug loop for awhile, but aren't raves referring to the use of ecstasy? I got dosed with acid by a boyfriend in high school; he put it in the wine we were drinking on the way to a concert. It was awful; I'd never used anything but weed and booze, and suddenly I was hallucinating. Kids (and young adults) sometimes do really awful things to others- it's NEVER ok to slip crap in someone's drink. Some of what I've read here leads me to think that MAY have happened to Michael. I really hope not...praying for his safe return. I'd like to think the party-goers would be honest with someone in LE or his parents, even if it's by an anonymous phone call or tip. They need to understand that the focus is on finding Michael- not LE looking to make a drug bust...IMO.

Giving acid to someone without telling them is a real dick move. The guys in Pink Floyd think that Syd did way too much acid and people would put it in his coffee without telling him. They believe that's what led to his severe mental problems.

This case reminds me a little of the Brittanee Drexel case. There a bunch of people that don't want to talk. I don't think he was sexually assaulted or sold, but somebody most likely spiked something he was drinking. If he came out strongly against acid while there, somebody might have gotten "The I'll show you what acid is!" idea. That person wouldn't want to talk and neither would some others who knew what happened. It's quite possible that the person who spiked his drink is the only one who knows too.

I've done acid three times. The first two were cool, the third time was a bad trip and I've never done it again since. If it was acid he was given he probably had a bad trip and that might have fueled his paranoia about getting into the car the one witness says she heard.

This case reminds me a little of the Brittanee Drexel case. There a bunch of people that don't want to talk. I don't think he was sexually assaulted or sold, but somebody most likely spiked something he was drinking. If he came out strongly against acid while there, somebody might have gotten "The I'll show you what acid is!" idea. That person wouldn't want to talk and neither would some others who knew what happened. It's quite possible that the person who spiked his drink is the only one who knows too.

I've done acid three times. The first two were cool, the third time was a bad trip and I've never done it again since. If it was acid he was given he probably had a bad trip and that might have fueled his paranoia about getting into the car the one witness says she heard.
If that car incident is related, that would sure make sense.

Brexel is that the one that was at Myrtle Beach? It does kind of fit that.

One sees the same thing even with drinking and the bar scene. Say there is a bar fight and someone is injured or dies. The entire crowd will shut their mouths as to what happened. It is like a "code", so will the bartender, owner, etc. Same thing, people are worried about their arses, if they overserved customers, liability, customers do not want to lose their friends or their hangout or be known as the "narc". Or a customer may worry they are even on a "no drink" warrant and were in a bar (not uncommon)... All sorts of reasons...

The sad thing is maybe no one did anything to Michael but the secrecy sure makes it appear that way... And it is sad when even when someone's life is at stake, a person can't be upfront for a bigger concern than themselves... However, it smacks of more than that imo...

If that car incident is related, that would sure make sense.

Brexel is that the one that was at Myrtle Beach? It does kind of fit that.

One sees the same thing even with drinking and the bar scene. Say there is a bar fight and someone is injured or dies. The entire crowd will shut their mouths as to what happened. It is like a "code", so will the bartender, owner, etc. Same thing, people are worried about their arses, if they overserved customers, liability, customers do not want to lose their friends or their hangout or be known as the "narc". Or a customer may worry they are even on a "no drink" warrant and were in a bar (not uncommon)... All sorts of reasons...

The sad thing is maybe no one did anything to Michael but the secrecy sure makes it appear that way... And it is sad when even when someone's life is at stake, a person can't be upfront for a bigger concern than themselves... However, it smacks of more than that imo...

Yeah, Brittanee disappeared in Myrtle Beach.

Still searching. Search teams are up there every single day. They are asking for ice daily, but seem to have other supplies handled as of today. Thanks for asking!

This whole thing is really, really weird. I wonder if he's even in the area. If that woman who heard the car and yelling is right, then he might have eventually gotten into that car.

It has crossed my mind that what if the car hit him in trying to catch up with him and get him back into the car? Or he was injured getting out of the car, possibly jumping out while it was moving, he took off as best he could and is lost in that area and possibly hurt. Just a couple of possibilities that have crossed my mind. I guess this car incident could be anyone and unrelated to this party or Michael but to me it just seems to fit in here...

I think somebody said they went all over the place in a four-wheeler. I've been busy today so I haven't really been able to catch up. Rick Dancer hinted at there might be a vigil or something along that line at the gazebo on Wednesday. That's not very far from my house so of course I'll go there.

From Parrish:

“Circle of Hope-Lets bring Michael Bryson home”. We are having a vigil on Wednesday at 7:30pm at the gazebo in Harrisburg. Everyone is invited to join to show Michael how much we love him and want him home. Let’s keep this first and foremost in people thoughts and prayers. Tina and I can’t wait to see you all, and show the world how much he is loved!!

A bit of a sidetrack but I saw on the FB page yesterday I think a bunch of 3D whistles being printed that were allegedly really loud, etc. for searchers to use. And I had this thought of I need to get a whistle, every parent should tell their kid to carry a whistle, I am going to tell my adult kids to have a whistle like that. There are all sorts of gadgets, mace, pepper spray, screaming whistles with batteries, car key remotes that get your car screaming that again use batteries. GPS, cell phones, pings, etc. But I just thought if camping in an area without reception if lost in the woods, a good old fashioned compass and a whistle would not be a bad thing.

I don't know how this case will turn out, I hope he is found alive but been quite a number of days but it can get others thinking about some things and maybe even attending a party or what to make sure of before one does.

I guess too what I mean is with the tons of searching, and they have done a ton, and had so much support, if he was alive and had a whistle, but could not move or was injured but heard someone even in the first days...? Or heard no one but blew it on occasion...? Not a bad thing maybe to keep around one's neck and I am going to mention it to my adult kiddos... I have a couple going on a trip out of state camping this fall...

But I just thought if camping in an area without reception if lost in the woods, a good old fashioned compass and a whistle would not be a bad thing.

I thought a whistle was part of the "10 essentials" that are recommended for everyone to carry when adventuring outdoors. Turns out it's not actually part of the official list but I do know that a lot of people carry one, including myself. I took my nephews (age 6 & 7) backpacking for the first time last year. I gave them a big, bright orange, LOUD whistle to wear around their neck. Had to explain to them that they were to stay with me at all times, and the whistle was not a toy. But if for some reason something happened and they couldn't find me, they should stay in one place and blow their whistle.

In relation to this case, unfortunately even if Michael had packed a whistle he probably wouldn't have had it on his person when walking away from camp. :(

Updated Ten Essential Systems
  1. Navigation: map, compass, altimeter, GPS device, personal locator beacon (PLB) or satellite messenger
  2. Headlamp: plus extra batteries
  3. Sun protection: sunglasses, sun-protective clothes and sunscreen
  4. First aid: including foot care and insect repellent (as needed)
  5. Knife: plus a gear repair kit
  6. Fire: matches, lighter, tinder and/or stove
  7. Shelter: carried at all times (can be a light emergency bivy)
  8. Extra food: Beyond the minimum expectation
  9. Extra water: Beyond the minimum expectation
  10. Extra clothes: Beyond the minimum expectation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back