OR MICHAEL BRYSON: Missing from Hobo Camp, Lane Co, OR - 5 Aug 2020 - Age 27

bryson.jpg

DORENA, Ore. -- Search efforts have grown to find 27-year-old Michael Bryson who went missing early Wednesday morning.

Bryson was camping at the Hobo Camp Campground with friends last week when he wandered away from the site Wednesday morning and that was the last time he was seen.

The search is not isolated to just the campground and surrounding areas. Friends have deployed into cities all over western Oregon looking for any leads that could point them to where he might be.

His family said the longest they've ever gone without hearing from him is two days.

"It's very rare that five days in he would not have reached out to mom, dad, or sister," his uncle said.

The effort to find Bryson has grown beyond just those who knew him.

A facebook group with more than 2,000 members is dedicated to finding the young man.

The man's dad said Bryson doesn't know a stranger. He said his son was kind and friendly to everyone he met. He said he hopes that's the energy that brings him home.

A $10,000 reward is available for any information leading to his discovery, all which was donated to fuel efforts to find him.

MEDIA - MICHAEL BRYSON: Missing from Hobo Camp, Lane Co, OR since 5 Aug 2020 - Age 27

Last edited by a moderator:

GrandmaBear

Deputized Emu Slayer/Horse Thief Hunter
You know, in the first article on the new development, it sounds like they found the first item on the road... If that's the case, it seems it would have been harder to miss. Also, the father says the area was searched intensely and thoroughly. I definitely know things can be missed and are all of the time but the one "on the road' is a bit hard to believe unless of course wind or some animal or something carried it onto the road but that seems very unlikely.

I guess we won't know until more is shared but I think the one on the roadway is what makes me wonder... That does not sound like going for a swim, etc. because I don't think one would take anything off on the road but I guess allowing for whatever shape he may have been in, it's possible...

Guess Who

You know, in the first article on the new development, it sounds like they found the first item on the road... If that's the case, it seems it would have been harder to miss. Also, the father says the area was searched intensely and thoroughly. I definitely know things can be missed and are all of the time but the one "on the road' is a bit hard to believe unless of course wind or some animal or something carried it onto the road but that seems very unlikely.

I guess we won't know until more is shared but I think the one on the roadway is what makes me wonder... That does not sound like going for a swim, etc. because I don't think one would take anything off on the road but I guess allowing for whatever shape he may have been in, it's possible...
and what kind of condition was it in? has it obviously been out in the elements all this time or is it clean?

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
You know, in the first article on the new development, it sounds like they found the first item on the road...
I don't think that's the case. I think it was just poorly written. I think the PERSON was on Brice Creek Road when they saw something, not necessarily that the object(s) was on the road. I could be wrong but nothing else I've read indicated that anything was blatantly out on a roadway.

GrandmaBear

I don't think that's the case. I think it was just poorly written. I think the PERSON was on Brice Creek Road when they saw something, not necessarily that the object(s) was on the road. I could be wrong but nothing else I've read indicated that anything was blatantly out on a roadway.
thats how.i interpreted it.
The same thing crossed my mind and it's sad that I almost assume that with the news articles in most cases nowadays. Accuracy leaves much to be desired. I guess though my thought was still that he was likely walking or running roadside or nearby and was not in the water, etc. But hard to say...

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
Special edition of KVAL News this Sunday after the Super Bowl on CBS
Among the special reports planned for Sunday:

Have you seen Michael Bryson?

Michael Bryson is still missing. The search for him continues for his family.

"We are going to keep his name out there. We are definitely never going to stop looking," says Tina Bryson as she staples up another laminated missing person poster.

Tina and Parrish Bryson have driven Row River Road countless times since August 5, 2020 - the day their son Michael disappeared from Hobo Campground about 25 miles southeast of Cottage Grove.

Three to four times a week they travel the winding road investigating tips and making sure flyers of Michael are up on trailheads, bulletin boards and at the campsite.

But there's still no sign of their son.

Watch #LiveOnKVAL Sunday after the Super Bowl for this special report by Sean Cuellar

The Brysons shared with us some off the last pictures of Michael, taken at what some describe as a "renegade" or "rave" party in the woods.

GrandmaBear

Special edition of KVAL News this Sunday after the Super Bowl on CBS
Among the special reports planned for Sunday:

Have you seen Michael Bryson?

"We are going to keep his name out there. We are definitely never going to stop looking," says Tina Bryson as she staples up another laminated missing person poster.

Tina and Parrish Bryson have driven Row River Road countless times since August 5, 2020 - the day their son Michael disappeared from Hobo Campground about 25 miles southeast of Cottage Grove.

Three to four times a week they travel the winding road investigating tips and making sure flyers of Michael are up on trailheads, bulletin boards and at the campsite.

But there's still no sign of their son.

Watch #LiveOnKVAL Sunday after the Super Bowl for this special report by Sean Cuellar

The Brysons shared with us some off the last pictures of Michael, taken at what some describe as a "renegade" or "rave" party in the woods.
Glad to see they are getting coverage. I wonder if anything came of the clothing found or if there is any hope it still will result in something.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
'We want Michael back': Parents search for son who disappeared from Oregon campground

"We are going to keep his name out there. We are definitely never going to stop looking," Tina Bryson said as she stapled up another laminated missing person poster.

Kimster

Let's Find Michael Bryson!
Staff member
'We want Michael back': Parents search for son who disappeared from Oregon campground

"We are going to keep his name out there. We are definitely never going to stop looking," Tina Bryson said as she stapled up another laminated missing person poster.
They’re pouring out everything they have to continue searching for Michael, believe me. There was a sign on one of the businesses in the next town over about looking for Michael Bryson and now I notice it’s back to its regular advertising. I think how sad that must be for his family. Life goes on for everyone else but them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ama