MO MAYSON, KAIDEN, & DARRELL PEAK: Missing from Pleasant Hope, MO - 25 Feb 2021 - Age 3, 4, & 40 *Found Deceased*

1614659981956.png

ENDANGERED PERSON ADVISORY: Two children, father reported missing from Greene County​

The Greene County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in locating two children and their father who have been reported missing.

Authorities are looking for Darrell Peak, 40, and his two children, 3-year-old Mayson Peak and 4-year-old Kaiden Peak.

The Greene County Sheriff’s Office and Missouri State Highway Patrol have issued an Endangered Person Advisory in the case as of 4:30 p.m. Friday.

According to the sheriff’s office, the children were last seen around 7 p.m. Thursday in Warsaw, Missouri. However, the missing person incident was reported around 4 p.m. Thursday from a home in the 1200 block E. FR 28 in Pleasant Hope.

Family members told authorities that Darrell’s behavior is out of character, and they have not been able to contact him since he and his two children went missing.

“It really worries me where they are,” Peak’s daughter Katie said. “I just want them home, I miss them.”

Family have been working around the clock to try and find the three. A few of Peak’s other children quickly began a search in Springfield.

”We went driving around Springfield trying to figure out places he would be,” Katie Peak said. “Because my brother is his best friend, so he would know. All the places he thought he would be, he wasn’t.”

Darrell Peak suffers from depression and has made suicidal statements in the past, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.

“Him and my mom got into an argument,” Peak’s daughter Shyla said. “Took off in his Camaro and crashed it over there. And that’s when he jumped in my mom’s car with the two babies.”

MEDIA - MAYSON, KAIDEN, & DARRELL PEAK: Missing from Pleasant Hope, MO since 25 Feb 2021 - Age 3, 4, & 40

Attachments

• 1614464312341.png
    1614464312341.png
    454.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
They left ON FOOT and no one can find them?? Yet the other article says he crashed a car and then jumped in the mom's car with the boys or were they talking about a prior incident? Not been around much this weekend, so unsure what area this is in in Missouri and not up on it. Pics look fairly rural. Praying they are found safe.

They left ON FOOT and no one can find them?? Yet the other article says he crashed a car and then jumped in the mom's car with the boys or were they talking about a prior incident? Not been around much this weekend, so unsure what area this is in in Missouri and not up on it. Pics look fairly rural. Praying they are found safe.
Pretty convoluted reporting. Couldn't tell if that crashed car incident was from now or prior.... But they did leave in a vehicle. Whether that vehicle was his or his moms I'm not sure.

2/25 4pm - He crashed his car. Jumps in his mom's car with the boys and takes off.

2/26 1pm - BOLO issued
2/26 2:35pm - Car found abandoned on Hwy 65 north of Warsaw.
2/26 5:30 pm - Trooper stops to assist Darrell and the boys seen walking along Hwy 65 north of Warsaw. He declines assistance. Boys appeared fine.
2/26 7pm - 911 call received about a male & 2 children walking along Hwy 65. Couldn't locate them.
2/26 7:52pm - Deputy checked on the abandoned vehicle. Later reported seeing them walking up Hwy 65. Turned around to check on them and couldn't locate them.

Pretty convoluted reporting. Couldn't tell if that crashed car incident was from now or prior.... But they did leave in a vehicle. Whether that vehicle was his or his moms I'm not sure.

2/25 4pm - He crashed his car. Jumps in his mom's car with the boys and takes off.

2/26 1pm - BOLO issued
2/26 2:35pm - Car found abandoned on Hwy 65 north of Warsaw.
2/26 5:30 pm - Trooper stops to assist Darrell and the boys seen walking along Hwy 65 north of Warsaw. He declines assistance. Boys appeared fine.
2/26 7pm - 911 call received about a male & 2 children walking along Hwy 65. Couldn't locate them.
2/26 7:52pm - Deputy checked on the abandoned vehicle. Later reported seeing them walking up Hwy 65. Turned around to check on them and couldn't locate them.
This helps a lot. Thank you. So they were seen on foot after being in a vehicle, that makes far more sense of why both things are said. I took it as not his mom's car but a daughter of his said "her" mom's car so it is either the mother of these missing children or a mother/former gf/wife of his of another child of his. A bit confusing there too.

I am trying to watch the video interview you posted above of the mom but it is hanging for me (probably my computer) and every five minutes a word or two I can hear and then it hangs and tries to load again. I did read the accompanying article.

If they can't find them, I would almost think someone picked them up after they were seen on foot? I hope so anyhow rather than what the alternative to that would be...

“I don’t eat. I don’t sleep. All I wonder is, like, are my kids cold?”; Mother pleads for the return of missing sons​

Officials are still searching for 40-year-old Darrell Peak and his two children, three-year-old Mayson Peak and four-year-old Kaiden Peak. The Greene County Sheriff’s Office believes Darrell took the boys with no plan on returning.

Bonnie peak is the mother of the two missing boys and wife of Darrell. She said the past few days have been the hardest she’s ever had to live through.

“I don’t eat. I don’t sleep. All I wonder is, like, are my kids cold? Are they hungry? Where are they sleeping? Are they crying for me? As a mother, these are the things that I have to sit here and worry about. all day and every day,” said Bonnie.

Bonnie’s only wish is that her two young sons are returned home safely. Darrell and his kids were last seen Thursday, Feb. 25, around 7 p.m. in Warsaw traveling on foot.

“When he left, he was angry,” said Bonnie. “Sometimes when he’s angry, he’ll take off and leave for a couple hours. This is so out of his character. Like He’s not one to just take off with the children.”

Local officials said they’ve attempted to issue an amber alert but the case does not meet the criteria. Bonnie hopes they will eventually issue an amber alert, but doesn’t believe Darrell would hurt Kaiden or Mayson.

“One of the reasons is that he is the father,” said Bonnie. “I don’t think for one second that he would physically harm our children, ever, in a million year. He’s a very good dad and he’s a good person. I know he’s going through a lot lately and I don’t know if he’s just going through a mental breakdown. I think he wanted to leave on his own and I think the children just happened to be in the car when he got in my car and took off.”

“Every lead that we’ve got seems to be a day, two days old,” said Bonnie. “It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever been through in my life. Not knowing where my children are. I just want my kids home.”

“I don’t eat. I don’t sleep. All I wonder is, like, are my kids cold?”; Mother pleads for the return of missing sons​

Officials are still searching for 40-year-old Darrell Peak and his two children, three-year-old Mayson Peak and four-year-old Kaiden Peak. The Greene County Sheriff’s Office believes Darrell took the boys with no plan on returning.

Bonnie peak is the mother of the two missing boys and wife of Darrell. She said the past few days have been the hardest she’s ever had to live through.

“I don’t eat. I don’t sleep. All I wonder is, like, are my kids cold? Are they hungry? Where are they sleeping? Are they crying for me? As a mother, these are the things that I have to sit here and worry about. all day and every day,” said Bonnie.

Bonnie’s only wish is that her two young sons are returned home safely. Darrell and his kids were last seen Thursday, Feb. 25, around 7 p.m. in Warsaw traveling on foot.

“When he left, he was angry,” said Bonnie. “Sometimes when he’s angry, he’ll take off and leave for a couple hours. This is so out of his character. Like He’s not one to just take off with the children.”

Local officials said they’ve attempted to issue an amber alert but the case does not meet the criteria. Bonnie hopes they will eventually issue an amber alert, but doesn’t believe Darrell would hurt Kaiden or Mayson.

“One of the reasons is that he is the father,” said Bonnie. “I don’t think for one second that he would physically harm our children, ever, in a million year. He’s a very good dad and he’s a good person. I know he’s going through a lot lately and I don’t know if he’s just going through a mental breakdown. I think he wanted to leave on his own and I think the children just happened to be in the car when he got in my car and took off.”

“Every lead that we’ve got seems to be a day, two days old,” said Bonnie. “It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever been through in my life. Not knowing where my children are. I just want my kids home.”
I mean where do you stay or hide with two children? One would think there would be motel charges on a debit or credit card or something... A 3 and 4 year old and a man have to eat and stay somewhere and it would not be easy to handle a 3 and 4 year old like out in the elements... This sounds like that other recent case though (but a mother), the father actually probably was not prohibited from taking his children where he liked, they are married and were parents together so either parent could take the children anywhere at any time and that is not against the law...

Maybe one of his family members or friends are hiding them? I hope they are found soon! This is torture for their mom. :(

Maybe one of his family members or friends are hiding them? I hope they are found soon! This is torture for their mom. :(
That's what I am hoping. That someone they knew picked them up or were called, etc. or there was some plan the father had (didn't seem planned though). The alternative is they took a ride from someone bad (not likely) or they are dead by the father's hand somewhere in the elements since they were walking. I am not saying that is what happened at all, just that ideally they are with someone they know or holed up in some motel, etc. and so far they just have not been tracked nor found...

I think the way this is worded says a lot

" Dozens of leads were generated and despite the family's belief that Darrell would not harm his children,"
Yeah, the reasonable and logical conclusion is he did this and not some stranger, etc., I just wondered if anything has been said indicating cause of death. May these little boys RIP. It gets so sickening how many we see of such cases, children with their entire lives ahead of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back