PA LINDA STOLTZFOOS: Missing from Lancaster County, PA - 21 June 2020 - Age 18 *Found Deceased**GUILTY PLEA*

1601940446688.png 1593119247871.png

Amish teen goes missing after church event in Lancaster County: Police
Police in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania are searching for an Amish teen who did not return home from a church event.

"We don't know specifically that there was any foul play involved at this point in time," East Lampeter Township Police Lt. Matthew Hess said.

Police said the family of 18-year-old Linda Stoltzfoos reported her missing Monday, after she didn't return to her family's home in the rural village of Bird-in-Hand following the church event the day before.

"There was no indications that she intentionally was leaving, meaning no one is giving us any of that information," Hess said.

On Monday afternoon, dozens of agencies teamed up blocking off roads, giving Amish residents rides to and from staging areas. Community members signed up at the local fire department to search fields, barns and buildings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could he have buried her clothes only because they were so clearly identifying her as Amish? And not for the usual bad reasons... Trying to find some hope here I guess.... Slim hope... Probably not...

I reread the recent articles above this morning with a less tired brain and there are things that still just don't quite add up. Not unusual I guess... In the Heavy article (who are not my first go to for a source), it still says she was last seen at a farm...

The articles say they have her abduction on surveillance but never quite tell what makes it clear it is an abduction and right after that in Heavy it states that there was no indication she ever wanted to leave her community or home willingly (paraphrasing).

More than a few saw an Amish woman in his car.... Most kidnappers have the victim tied, in the trunk, etc. or in very short order take them somewhere.

It is also mentioned she was in the passenger seat which again is a bit unusual.

I want to make it clear in NO way am I attacking the victim here so much as wondering if she either was too scared and easily intimidated from being sheltered, or could it be she trusted the wrong person, knew of him, or had met him before, and got in, etc.

What I AM doing is looking for reasons to hope... Desperately...

Just some thoughts on a re-read...

A good read with more details.
held without bail does not bode well for her, either.

It is probably just me but with every article I am more confused. I wish I was better and quicker at pulling from these articles and putting the remarks that contradict side by side.

This is a great article but here we have her seen in the afternoon in this car. One of the other recent articles (last night I think) has her not missing until not returning from a PM 21st gathering.

Here we have her on the road she would walk home from from church, other article, she NEVER EVEN made it to the church gathering so how could she be walking home from church??

Again, we have her last seen at a farm yet there is a view of her abducted off of a road and again no clear evidence of why they feel it was an abduction...

We have her continually or more than one seen in a passenger seat apparently in public view and now we have a woman who thinks they saw her on the 29th?? In black covering and who did not wave?? In a passenger seat. That is eight days past her disappearance and still apparently alive?

I will put it down to media and trust the LE facts more so and the other things probably play in from bits and pieces and sightings that came in after initial information... And then various sightings...

Something is still very strange here though... Maybe it is just the need for more clarity and how these evolving facts fit together but as of right now, it just is not making sense to me... In fact, no sense at all...

held without bail does not bode well for her, either.
This case rings bells for me of another case, no real correlation but the thought of maybe taking a girl, an innocent one, to form her to his wishes and desires and keep her... I won't name the case but I think most can think of it... I won't do that to her. A minor, she saved herself. Last one to two years... Not the same by any stretch but it may give some hope Linda is at least possibly alive... This just keeps bringing that case to mind for me... Even in its "seeming" randomness... Not maybe random to the perp who may have chose the female...

If Linda was truly still alive at a sighting on the 29th (and who knows with alleged sightings in cases)... I am trying to have some hope...

Lots of good info there. I'm glad all of the witnesses called in the tips about seeing her.

I keep wondering if maybe she met him at a local market so she wasn't completely unfamiliar with him. But as an Amish person, if he said let's go for a ride, would she willingly/commonly hop into a vehicle? Probably more likely he pulled up next to her to "ask a question" and threatened her.

The greatest concern remains Linda’s whereabouts and the hope that she is still alive. Again anyone who might have seen Smoker or the car is requested to contact the police at 717-291-4676.

1594578845489.png 1594578849862.png

Lots of good info there. I'm glad all of the witnesses called in the tips about seeing her.

I keep wondering if maybe she met him at a local market so she wasn't completely unfamiliar with him. But as an Amish person, if he said let's go for a ride, would she willingly/commonly hop into a vehicle? Probably more likely he pulled up next to her to "ask a question" and threatened her.

The greatest concern remains Linda’s whereabouts and the hope that she is still alive. Again anyone who might have seen Smoker or the car is requested to contact the police at 717-291-4676.

View attachment 5099 View attachment 5100
I too am not judging her but perhaps at 18, thinking she could judge and trust for herself, and a bit of freedom just accepting a ride with someone she had seen before...? So hard to say... When I wonder things like that, it is never ever at the victim but at the perp who can take advantage of such niceness/trust...

Very good read and clears up a few of the details.
This is by far the most informative article to date, very clear and as you said, clears up much of the confusion. Most of the questions I had are gone and I had many...

The sad side of it is I had some hope. If it was undergarments buried, the hope I was hanging onto is unlikely... I was truly hoping maybe it was just to hide Amish outer garments and that she may still be alive...

I see where other confusion came from, she did make church, at the "farm", but did not make youth group...

Thanks for sharing this!

Very good read and clears up a few of the details.

Certainly clears things up. And makes me irrationally angry. :mad:
He parked there. Was he really waiting for an opportunity for someone to be on their own? Had he done this before, waiting for someone? Or did he just see her by chance and happen to come up with his plan of opportunity?
Poor Linda. :(

Arrest in case of missing Amish teen prompts renewed search effort in Lancaster County

There is a renewed effort to find an Amish teenager who disappeared three weeks ago, now that there has been an arrest related to the case.

East Lampeter Township police are still looking for 18-year-old Linda Stoltzfoos and said they have reason to believe she was harmed.

Kidnapping suspect held without bail as search continues for missing Amish teen

A suspect is being held without bail as the search continues for a missing Amish teenager in Lancaster County.

Justo Smoker, 34, is being held without bail on charges including felony kidnapping and false imprisonment.

Meanwhile, investigators are still searching a rural section of Ronks, Lancaster County, not far from the spot where authorities found articles of clothing buried in a wooded area that law enforcement officials believe belonged to the missing 18-year-old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seminary
Back