OR KYRON HORMAN: Missing from Portland, OR - 4 June 2010 - Age 7

1606966766790.png
1580618186511.png 1580618190594.png

Kyron's photo is shown age-progressed to 14 years. He was last seen at school on June 4, 2010. Kyron was last seen wearing a black t-shirt with "CSI" in green letters and a handprint graphic. He was also wearing black cargo pants, white socks, and black Sketchers sneakers with orange trim. Kyron may wear glasses.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kyron was last seen in Portland, Oregon on June 4, 2010. He usually rode the bus to Skyline Elementary School, where he was a second-grader. The school is in the 11500 block of Skyline Boulevard in a rural area in northwest Portland, about two miles from Kyron's home in the 15700 block of Sheltered Nook Road.

His stepmother, Terri Lynn Moulton Horman, stated she drove him to school because there was a science fair that day and Kyron wanted to set up his exhibit, a display about the Red-Eyed Tree Frog. They arrived shortly after 8:00 a.m. and dropped Kyron's coat and backpack off at his classroom.

A witness saw Terri and Kyron together at 8:15 p.m., in front of Kyron's exhibit. The bell rang at 8:45 a.m. and Terri says she left then. She said Kyron told her he was going to his classroom. He has never been heard from again.

Terri reported Kyron missing at 3:45 p.m., after he failed to arrive home at 3:30 p.m. as scheduled. No one reported having seen Kyron at the school after the 8:45 bell. His teacher marked him absent after classes began at 10:00 a.m.; she thought he was at a doctor's appointment.

Because so many hours had passed since he was last seen, police launched an extensive search immediately. Over the next few days they interviewed all the students and staff at Skyline Elementary School and searched the school, school grounds and the surrounding area. It was one of the largest searches in Oregon history.

Kyron's loved ones described him as timid and stated he would be unlikely to leave the school and go off on his own.

Less than two weeks after Kyron's disappearance, police stopped the search and announced they had upgraded his case from a simple missing child to a criminal investigation.

At the same time, they stated they didn't think Kyron had been abducted by a stranger. They focused on Terri, stating cellular phone records indicated she wasn't where she said she was on the day of her stepson's disappearance.

Investigators questioned Terri's friend, DeDe Spicher, about her possible knowledge of Kyron's disappearance. They searched her home and asked the public if they had seen Terri, her white pickup truck or Spicher on June 4 between 9:45 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Spicher stated knew nothing about Kyron's disappearance and she believed Terri was innocent of any wrongdoing.

Authorities have yet to name a suspect in Kyron's disappearance, in spite of their focus on his stepmother. Kaine speculated Terri caused the child's disappearance in an effort to hurt him, and suggested she may have had help from other individual. Both of Kyron's parents continue to hope that he is alive. His case remains unsolved.

NCMEC - NamUs - Charley Project -
edited by staff to add media link

Last edited:
I've read that that's what the judge thinks, also.
It appears to me that she likely drugged her before she deliberately suffocated her with the duct tape.
I'm curious as I forget when it has been some time. The judge said this after or at the end of trial or what?

So you do think Casey was guilty of Kaylee's murder? I think we all do. What are your reasons? Because we differ of course in this case in this thread so I am honestly curious what was enough for you in the Anthony case?

We just disagree. Again, I don't see her needing time, I see her running errands, spending time.
As for a misunderstanding as to which Friday, at this point, it appears to me to be an unrelated issue.

I can't think of any other reason why an eye-witness would mention handholding unless it was an attempt to establish whether or not a particular child was with a particular adult.
No problem disagreeing. I think we both strongly believe in our own direction but respectfully. Not like we've ever come to virtual blows over it, either soft ones or head ringing ones which occurs in the basement quite often. Like these------- :catfight: :fryingpan:

If she was running errands and there was no doctor's appt. with Kyron then why did she take him with and not advise the school he was leaving with her?

As for what you are saying about the hand holding, I don't know how it came up or was offered, did LE ask that, did the witness offer it, etc. I guess I'd need to see it to think it means what you think. Are you sure people haven't just said the witness said this or didn't say that, etc.?

Maybe so, I can't recall, been awhile but again I'd have to hear it, the conversation or see a transcript. Are you taking it from video, transcript, etc.?

I'm curious as I forget when it has been some time. The judge said this after or at the end of trial or what?
I seem to remember that he commented shortly after the trial but it seems it was sometime later that he gave his opinion as to what he think happened.

So you do think Casey was guilty of Kaylee's murder?
Indeed, 1st degree.

What are your reasons?
1st degree because I'm convinced that the purpose of the duct tape was to smother.

As for what you are saying about the hand holding, I don't know how it came up or was offered, did LE ask that, did the witness offer it, etc. I guess I'd need to see it to think it means what you think. Are you sure people haven't just said the witness said this or didn't say that, etc.?

Maybe so, I can't recall, been awhile but again I'd have to hear it, the conversation or see a transcript. Are you taking it from video, transcript, etc.?
See page 5, post #92.

I seem to remember that he commented shortly after the trial but it seems it was sometime later that he gave his opinion as to what he think happened.

Indeed, 1st degree.

1st degree because I'm convinced that the purpose of the duct tape was to smother.
IMO. She chloroformed her. Overdid it. Her chemistry genius brain didn't figure it out correctly. I think the tape was to keep her from crying out if she woke up. I don't think she did it on purpose. But committed the act out of purely selfish reasons. And Kaylee was an inconvenience. She died because of it. If a death occurs in the commission of another crime. It's automatic 1st degree murder. So unlawfull restraint, Drugging of a child. They could have gotten her with a charge. What about abuse of a corpe, Lying to law enforcement, Concealment of a death. That they let her go without any charges is beyond me. And because I don't think she did it purposely. IDC. I STILL CAN'T STAND THAT B****!!!!!

Indeed, 1st degree.

The judge thing is interesting to me. Unsure of all the rules but they aren't to be the ones to speak publicly, ever give an opinion, etc. I mean they at sentencing or conclusion of trial certainly can and do give their opinion on sentencing or release etc. and what they feel the facts show but publicly after, not so sure. And the some time later as to what he think happened? Was he retired or off the bench at that point? If not, I'd say it is pretty unusual to speak of such. And if so, it is still not common... That I've seen.

I'm with you in this one believe it or not as to where I lean. Not Kyron but Casey. The thread has certainly been sidetracked we have to admit.

I think all may well have been intentional. I think lack of sitters at her constant need for freedom and lack of resources played in and she probably set off grandma who likely refused to raise/watch her or tried to get Casey to shape up to some degree or handle her own life. I am not sold on that part, I go a bit both ways on the parents (grandparents).

I don't think anything was an accident though. At minimum it was she was going to put her down for some time and total disregard for overdoing it. and yes, probably the hope that the combination with the duct tape over the mouth would take care of it once and for all. Then she hoped to go party and no further worries and whenever she decided to or had to deal with her body, she'd do it then (IF she even worried about iti) and was not even concerned about it until it became a problem I'm pretty sure. I could say more about what I think as well as to her doing it to her parents which may have played in as an additional vindictive icing for her which was punishment for not dancing to her tune and giving her what she wanted. In other words, you made me do it, you wouldn't help...? Guilt inducing. Even though it was ALL on her.

If? There wasn't a dr appointment and she did run errands...
Yes but then who takes a child out of school without telling the school and why just to run errands would she do that? There was no doctor's appointment. So he would be at school or should definitely be at school. There is absolutely no reason he should have been out of school with Terri to run errands and if so, a parent would let them know even if they made up an excuse as you don't take a child out of school to run your errands.

I'm not mimicking the italics, just using them so we both get each other's point as it does help to get the point when back and forth by posts.

See page 5, post #92.
Okay. I don't take it that way at all. I take it as they were likely asked, and the bus driver as well about hand holding or how it seemed. Was he going along willingly or did she have him by the hand, which still isn't forcing necessarily but is a parental gesture as you hold my had as I take you here or there or safeguard you from traffic, etc. and a child knows being taken by the hand means the parent is in control or the child is to follow along, go along, etc. I think LE asked most likely to see what the nuances were. I see nothing at all that makes it seem like what you are thinking that the child may not have even been Kyron as Terri and he weren't holding hands and the witnesses made a point to mention it. I think LE asked.

But who knows? That is just an excerpt.

Maybe it is time they release more.

The judge thing is interesting to me. Unsure of all the rules but they aren't to be the ones to speak publicly, ever give an opinion, etc. I mean they at sentencing or conclusion of trial certainly can and do give their opinion on sentencing or release etc. and what they feel the facts show but publicly after, not so sure. And the some time later as to what he think happened? Was he retired or off the bench at that point? If not, I'd say it is pretty unusual to speak of such. And if so, it is still not common... That I've seen.

I'm with you in this one believe it or not as to where I lean. Not Kyron but Casey. The thread has certainly been sidetracked we have to admit.

I think all may well have been intentional. I think lack of sitters at her constant need for freedom and lack of resources played in and she probably set off grandma who likely refused to raise/watch her or tried to get Casey to shape up to some degree or handle her own life. I am not sold on that part, I go a bit both ways on the parents (grandparents).

I don't think anything was an accident though. At minimum it was she was going to put her down for some time and total disregard for overdoing it. and yes, probably the hope that the combination with the duct tape over the mouth would take care of it once and for all. Then she hoped to go party and no further worries and whenever she decided to or had to deal with her body, she'd do it then (IF she even worried about iti) and was not even concerned about it until it became a problem I'm pretty sure. I could say more about what I think as well as to her doing it to her parents which may have played in as an additional vindictive icing for her which was punishment for not dancing to her tune and giving her what she wanted. In other words, you made me do it, you wouldn't help...? Guilt inducing. Even though it was ALL on her.
Yep. I'm not taking responsibility for my actions. Her mom did say about the car "It smells like a damn dead body was in there". That was pretty telling. She had to have known what that meant. And that comment is recorded. I don't think they were as willing to cover for her after that. IMO. I still don't think she killed her on purpose. With the grandparents. IIRC. They were living with them. I could be wrong. Either way. Accidentally. She was responsible from at least drugging her. And the tape to silence her in case she woke up. And she either did or didn't. And smothered.

IMO. She chloroformed her. Overdid it. Her chemistry genius brain didn't figure it out correctly. I think the tape was to keep her from crying out if she woke up. I don't think she did it on purpose. But committed the act out of purely selfish reasons. And Kaylee was an inconvenience. She died because of it. If a death occurs in the commission of another crime. It's automatic 1st degree murder. So unlawfull restraint, Drugging of a child. They could have gotten her with a charge. What about abuse of a corpe, Lying to law enforcement, Concealment of a death. That they let her go without any charges is beyond me. And because I don't think she did it purposely. IDC. I STILL CAN'T STAND THAT B****!!!!!
None of us can know for sure of course but on this one I lean more towards the intentional. I don't think it was accidental in the sense of I don't think she gave a sh*t whether it was too much or if it killed her. I don't think she didn't figure it out correctly, at best she would use enough and care less how much and tape too to ensure her silence. And that's AT BEST of her not intending it. I think she may well have meant to silence her for good but not hands on to watch it. Just drug and tape and it will be taken care of for her and NO WORRIES. I bet she partied with relief and was way gone in party mode at that point of knowing she was dying. I'm sorry but the tape is EVIL and there was NO REASON for it if you were not giving a sh*t if she died or maybe wanting her to.

Yep. I'm not taking responsibility for my actions. Her mom did say about the car "It smells like a damn dead body was in there". That was pretty telling. She had to have known what that meant. And that comment is recorded. I don't think they were as willing to cover for her after that. IMO. I still don't think she killed her on purpose. With the grandparents. IIRC. They were living with them. I could be wrong. Either way. Accidentally. She was responsible from at least drugging her. And the tape to silence her in case she woke up. And she either did or didn't. And smothered.
Yeah we may never know but I as you can see differ about accidental and what is the line with intentional or accidental as well... IF you know what your actions WILL most likely cause...

I think very much her parents or at least her mother were trying to get her to shape up and do what she should and her part, etc. Most definitely. Her mom is the one who did the right thing at least to a point and called in that her granddaughter had not been seen in how long and picked grandchild over child which she should have.

I do think we need a thread for Casey to discuss this.

You know, they were hung up on cause of death and apparently thought that they had to know cause before they could know manner. :confused:
I think it's actually a little more complicated that, though, I mean, apart from ignorance, I think that there are probably other elements that shouldn't have influenced their verdict but did.

Okay. I don't take it that way at all. I take it as they were likely asked, and the bus driver as well about hand holding or how it seemed. Was he going along willingly or did she have him by the hand, which still isn't forcing necessarily but is a parental gesture as you hold my had as I take you here or there or safeguard you from traffic, etc. and a child knows being taken by the hand means the parent is in control or the child is to follow along, go along, etc. I think LE asked most likely to see what the nuances were. I see nothing at all that makes it seem like what you are thinking that the child may not have even been Kyron as Terri and he weren't holding hands and the witnesses made a point to mention it. I think LE asked.

But who knows? That is just an excerpt.

Maybe it is time they release more.
That's my take on it, too. To see if he went willingly or not and the demeanor of both as they were walking out.

You know, they were hung up on cause of death and apparently thought that they had to know cause before they could know manner. :confused:
I think it's actually a little more complicated that, though, I mean, apart from ignorance, I think that there are probably other elements that shouldn't have influenced their verdict but did.
Yes, I agree that they needed to know cause of death. Here is my take on that and what I would have tried to impress on the other jurors. We don't need to know COD... 'cause it's obvious that the child is dead. She didn't kill herself, and Casey was the only one who had a reason to do what she did.

That's my take on it, too. To see if he went willingly or not and the demeanor of both as they were walking out.
Yes, that's what makes perfect sense and fits right in with what would be asked. And more than one brought up the hand holding so imo it was what LE asked. Not because of doubt the witnesses didn't know who Terri was or Kyron or that they went together or were stepmother and stepson but to know the mood, the demeanor as you say, whether he was happy, being pulled, going along, following, etc.

A point was made of it being his regular bus driver, people who would know, etc. throughout. His friend. So on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheSandlot6
Back