CA KINGS COUNTY JANE DOE: F, 45+, found wrapped in tarp near Corcoran, CA - 13 May 2015

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
1583719953038.png

On May 13, 2015 an unidentified decomposed body of a woman was found wrapped in a tarp and dumped on a canal bank south of Corcoran, Kings County, California.

The woman appears to have died between May, 2014 and April, 2015. She had no identifying marks or jewelry, and the body was too decomposed to obtain fingerprints. There were no signs of trauma to the body and no indication of some type of violent homicide. Her age is estimated at least 45 years old, and most likely well over 60. She was 5 feet to 5 feet, 6 inches tall, and likely had gray or graying blond hair. She was wearing a horizontally striped T-shirt originally sold by Walmart, black loose-fitting yoga-style pants and Depends-type underwear. She had no teeth, and it appeared she was prepped for a full set of upper and lower dentures, but none were located. She had osteoporosis, and if she was mobile would likely have been hunched over. There is a good chance she was bedridden. An approximation of her likeness was created by the FBI at its laboratory in Quantico, Virginia in June 2017.

DNA Doe Project Status
Research in progress

*CLICK THE REPORT BUTTON IF YOU'D LIKE THIS CASE MOVED TO THE GENERAL DISCUSSION AREA TO BE OPENED FOR COMMENTING.

Last edited:

Kings County sheriff seeks public’s help in identifying body of mystery woman

The Kings County Sheriff’s Office has released a sketch of a woman whose decomposed body was found dumped on a canal bank south of Corcoran.

Sheriff Dave Robinson said he hopes someone will recognize her and call authorities.

The woman appears to be over 45 years old and most likely well over 60, he said.

It is not the body of Debbie Hawk, who has been missing for more than nine years and whose husband, Dave Hawk, was found guilty of murder, he said.

The anthropologist found evidence of a pelvic fracture possibly the result of an impact earlier in her life, Robinson said.

She had an old fracture in her nose, which would skew slightly to the left.

“Perhaps she died and there was some monetary gain to a family member or something by not reporting her death,” he said. “That’s one of the avenues we’re investigating.”

1583720345230.png

Do you recognize this face? FBI creates 3-D image of dead woman dumped in rural area

In hopes of a break in the case, detectives on Thursday made public a three-dimensional facial approximation prepared by the FBI.

“She did not die there,” Detective Samuel Weimer said. She had died several months before, and it appears her body had been dumped two or three days before it was found, he said.

She had been dead for so long that no fingerprints could be taken, he said.

“We received numerous tips,” Weimer said. “I tracked them all down and ruled them out.”

Because the tips led nowhere, detectives asked the FBI to do a facial approximation and sent her skull to the agency.

1583720431751.png

Kings County "Tarp" Jane Doe 2015 was added to Gedmatch by the DNA Doe Project. As of February 22, 2021, she had over 3,000 DNA matches. Her highest match was 59.1 cM - this is not a substantial match. She is on the Google Drive spreadsheet at:

1689192145145.png

Our Featured Case for July is Kings County Jane Doe. To submit your GEDmatch kit number for comparison to this Doe, click this link: https://bit.ly/DDPfeatured-case

To learn more about this Doe, click this link: https://dnadoeproject.org/case/kings-county-jane-doe/

Featured Case FAQ:

Q: If I submitted my kit number for a previous featured case, will it be compared to this Doe?
A: No - kit numbers submitted are not rolled forward into future months.

Q: I uploaded my DNA profile to GEDmatch before - do I need to do it again so it can be compared to this Doe?
A: No - if your DNA profile is in GEDmatch, it is already available for comparison to unidentified remains cases. If you want to learn whether or not you are a DNA relative of this Doe, you will need to submit your kit number to the form linked here: https://bit.ly/DDPfeatured-case

Q: Can I submit the kit numbers of my relatives, like my child or my deceased grandmother?
A: No - you may only submit your own GEDmatch kit number.

Q: Can I share my DNA profile from AncestryDNA, 23andMe, or MyHeritage directly with DDP?
A: No - all comparisons are made in GEDmatch. Click this link to learn how to upload your profile to GEDmatch: https://youtu.be/Ck9S5poH_tA

Q: What is the point of DDP's Featured Cases?
A: The goals of our Featured Case program are to encourage our followers to upload their DNA profiles to GEDmatch, and to bring attention to DDP cases in research. These are the two biggest ways for our Facebook friends to help DDP identify Does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back