WI KATELYN KELLY: Missing from Menominee Indian Reservation, WI - 16 June 2020 - Age 22 *Found Deceased*

1606964643088.png
Katelyn-Kelly.jpg

The Menominee Tribal Police Department wrote on Facebook Thursday that they are looking for someone who may have picked up Katelyn Kelly, 22, from County Highway VV near Silver Canoe Road (located on the Menominee Indian Reservation) on the evening of June 16. Reported missing by her mother on June 18, Kelly was reportedly last seen at her apartment in the City of Shawano between 11 p.m. on June 16 and 3 a.m. on June 17.

Earlier this week, Menominee police disputed claims that Kelly was found. The police department confirmed to CrimeOnline that Kelly’s still missing as of Friday.

Tribal police also said they are working with the FBI, the Shawano Police Department, and several other national and local agencies to locate Kelly.

Kelly was described as being 5 feet, 2 inches tall, approximately 140 pounds, and having brown hair and brown eyes. She was reportedly last seen wearing a grey t-shirt with a black swimsuit type top underneath, blue jean shorts, and flip flops.

Anyone with information regarding Katelyn Kelley’s disappearance or whereabouts should call the Menominee Tribal Police Department at 715-799-3881.
Earlier report:
According to police, they confirmed that Katelyn was seen at her apartment in the City of Shawano between 11 p.m. on June 16 and 3 a.m. on June 17.

The latest news across Northeast Wisconsin from WFRV Local 5
The Menominee Tribal Police relay that Katelyn has not been found and there have been no arrests in the investigation, but are continuing to investigate any tips, leads, and information that come in.

Officials say Kelley has been missing for over 10 days and are asking that hunters, campers, boaters, and area residents near the City of Shawano be vigilant and watchful for any signs of unusual activity while out in the area.

MEDIA - KATELYN KELLY: Missing from Menominee Indian Reservation, WI since 16 June 2020 - Age 22,

Attachments

• 1593811923880.jpeg
    1593811923880.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is her...another softball player, it’s in our blood...the below is dated three weeks ago:

Buss and Ponn made the All-Decade Softball Team alongside Bishop Verot's Annette Castaldo and Tayli Filla, Estero's Riley Ennis and Alex Salter, Fort Myers' Emily Hendry, Josey Mayer, Hannah Perkins and Riley Ludlam, Mariner's Hannah Holloway, North Fort Myers' Katelyn Kelly and Mackenzie Peterson and Ida Baker's Maddy Peres.
bbm

can anyone get in here: her name is mentioned

I think this is her...another softball player, it’s in our blood...the below is dated three weeks ago:

Buss and Ponn made the All-Decade Softball Team alongside Bishop Verot's Annette Castaldo and Tayli Filla, Estero's Riley Ennis and Alex Salter, Fort Myers' Emily Hendry, Josey Mayer, Hannah Perkins and Riley Ludlam, Mariner's Hannah Holloway, North Fort Myers' Katelyn Kelly and Mackenzie Peterson and Ida Baker's Maddy Peres.
bbm

can anyone get in here: her name is mentioned

That's a different Katelyn Kelly,that one is a blonde girl x

That's a different Katelyn Kelly,that one is a blonde girl x
Thank you. My head can’t get focused today. My daughter and granddaughter are moving our. I’m a bit scattered. I’ll try again later. Thanks to all. Hippy 4th..

No new info but new article from today.

The Menominee Tribal Police have followed up with numerous tips on her whereabouts but have not been able to locate her.
Thanks for the update. I looked yesterday and could not find much either. Very quiet case.

Menominee Tribe offers reward for information on missing persons cases

The Menominee Tribe held a news conference Wednesday to provide an update on missing Native person cases.

One case involves the disappearance of a young woman last seen in June.

$5,000 rewards are being offered for information in Katelyn and Robert's cases.

Menominee Tribe announces rewards for information on 2 missing tribal members; state AG joins effort to local missing indigenous people

The Menominee Tribe announced that rewards are being offered for information about two tribal members reported missing.

Menominee tribal officials were joined by Wisconsin Attorney General Josh Kaul and other local law enforcement at a news conference Wednesday to discuss ongoing efforts to find people missing from the reservation.

The most recent case is that of Katelyn Kelley, 22, who has been missing for more than a month.

Menominee Chairwoman Joan Delabreau announced a $5,000 reward for any information leading to Kelley being found.

During the course of that investigation, Nacotee discovered that Kelley was actually last seen the early morning of June 17 at her apartment in Shawano.

Shawano Police Chief Dan Mauel at the news conference said an extensive search of her apartment and of the 50 acres of woods behind her residence was conducted to no avail.

Nacotee urged anyone to come forward with any information even if they think it’s not important or if it’s redundant.

Searching for Katelyn Kelley

Menominee Tribal Chair Joan Delabreau, a passionate advocate for missing Indigenous people, is rallying the public, law enforcement and the media to keep a spotlight on finding 22-year-old tribal member Katelyn Kelley, who disappeared more than a month ago after being seen leaving the reservation and possibly getting a ride to her home in Shawano, about eight miles away.

“The tribal legislators know their role, that they need to help you with any means that they can keep this in the forefront of people’s minds,” Delabreau told media at a news conference last Wednesday, explaining that the tribe is offering $5,000 rewards tied to finding not only Kelley, but another tribal member, Robert Lyons, who was reported missing in 2017.

“Everybody wants a solution to the issues that are out there and resolution to the people who are missing, not just ours but throughout the nation,” she added.

Kelley’s disappearance involves an added layer of pain for tribal members because the place where she was last seen on the reservation is not far from the place where Rae Tourtillott’s body was found. “From the perspective up here, I think a lot of people were thinking, ‘Oh my God, not again,’” says Delabreau. “So I think I think people are drawing that relationship. But at the same time, they are hoping and wishing that we would have better results. But here we are over 30 days later, still doing the search.”

1595997474801.png

Searching for Katelyn Kelley

Menominee Tribal Chair Joan Delabreau, a passionate advocate for missing Indigenous people, is rallying the public, law enforcement and the media to keep a spotlight on finding 22-year-old tribal member Katelyn Kelley, who disappeared more than a month ago after being seen leaving the reservation and possibly getting a ride to her home in Shawano, about eight miles away.

“The tribal legislators know their role, that they need to help you with any means that they can keep this in the forefront of people’s minds,” Delabreau told media at a news conference last Wednesday, explaining that the tribe is offering $5,000 rewards tied to finding not only Kelley, but another tribal member, Robert Lyons, who was reported missing in 2017.

“Everybody wants a solution to the issues that are out there and resolution to the people who are missing, not just ours but throughout the nation,” she added.

Kelley’s disappearance involves an added layer of pain for tribal members because the place where she was last seen on the reservation is not far from the place where Rae Tourtillott’s body was found. “From the perspective up here, I think a lot of people were thinking, ‘Oh my God, not again,’” says Delabreau. “So I think I think people are drawing that relationship. But at the same time, they are hoping and wishing that we would have better results. But here we are over 30 days later, still doing the search.”

View attachment 5505
Interesting he brings up Tourtillott. I don't believe any arrest was ever made in that case despite the fact they found her body and know who she was last with I think... I guess that would mean there are likely perps still free in the very same area most likely... Probably no connection--years apart--but just saying this is not the first missing person here... Unsolved/unresolved no less...

Human remains found in burned vehicle on Menominee Indian Reservation

Human remains were located in a burned out vehicle found on the Menominee Indian Reservation, according to Tribal Police.

The discovery was made on Wednesday, Aug. 19. Police were called to a report of an abandoned vehicle that had been burned.

Officers confirmed that human remains were inside the vehicle. Police have not said if the remains have been identified.

The department is this case is not related to “any current ongoing investigations being conducted by the Menominee Tribal Police Department.” One of those ongoing investigations is the disappearance of Katelyn Kelley.

Kelley went missing sometime during the night of June 16 and early morning hours of June 17. Police believe she was picked up on County Highway VV on the reservation and taken to a residence in Shawano. If you have information on the disappearance of Katelyn Kelley, please call 715-799-3881.

Again, Menominee Tribal Police say the burned vehicle case is not linked to any of their open investigations.

Human remains found in burned vehicle on Menominee Indian Reservation

Human remains were located in a burned out vehicle found on the Menominee Indian Reservation, according to Tribal Police.

The discovery was made on Wednesday, Aug. 19. Police were called to a report of an abandoned vehicle that had been burned.

Officers confirmed that human remains were inside the vehicle. Police have not said if the remains have been identified.

The department is this case is not related to “any current ongoing investigations being conducted by the Menominee Tribal Police Department.” One of those ongoing investigations is the disappearance of Katelyn Kelley.

Kelley went missing sometime during the night of June 16 and early morning hours of June 17. Police believe she was picked up on County Highway VV on the reservation and taken to a residence in Shawano. If you have information on the disappearance of Katelyn Kelley, please call 715-799-3881.

Again, Menominee Tribal Police say the burned vehicle case is not linked to any of their open investigations.

So if I am reading this right, it is not her but there is another death? From what they are thus far saying. :(

Six Months Later, Kelly Still Missing​

The Menominee Indian Tribe is once again asking for information about the whereabouts of Katelyn Kelly who has been missing for 6 months.

A cash reward of 5,000 dollars for any new information that results in her finding is being offered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawn Honner
Back