WA KASSANNDRA CANTRELL: Missing from Parkland / Tacoma, WA - 25 Aug 2020 - Age 33 *Found Deceased**GUILTY PLEA*

1598991746262.png 1598991754150.png 1598991771892.png

Deputies searching for pregnant Pierce County woman who disappeared under suspicious circumstances

A Pierce County family is desperate for answers in the search of a missing pregnant woman who seemingly vanished Tuesday morning.

Loved ones say it was the ultimate red flag when Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, failed to show up to her first ultrasound this week, something she’d so been looking forward, something they say she wouldn’t willingly miss.

“This is not normal, she wouldn’t just vanish…I just need her back," said Marie Smith, Cantrell's mother.

It’s been an agonizing four days since Smith last saw her daughter. It was early Tuesday morning when Smith was heading out to work.

"She just said 'have a good day at work' I said 'thank you'. She said 'love you' and I said 'love you'. And that was the last time," said Smith about her last conversation with her daughter.

About an hour later, at 8:45 a.m. a security camera caught her driving away in her 2014 white Mazda sedan from her and mother’s Parkland home. The only plan her mom knew she had that day was at some point to go to the grocery store.

“I don't think that's where she was going when she left. Everything seemed to indicate she was going to see somebody because if she was going to the grocery store she would’ve just put her hair in a ponytail and put on some jeans and headed out, but it was clear she’d taken a shower and gotten dressed. She had taken some extra time, she doesn’t do that just to go grocery shopping," said Smith.

When she didn’t return home later that day or answer any calls, the fear started to sink in. even more so when they discovered her phone was turned off. “She never turns her phone off, and she wouldn’t stop all her social interactions. It doesn’t make any sense, something has happened.”

The nightmare deepened when Cantrell didn’t show up for her very first ultrasound appointment on Wednesday afternoon.

“She wouldn’t have missed it for the world, it doesn’t make any sense for her to be gone at all," said Smith.

Smith said her daughter was about three months pregnant. The father is a friend, and though unexpected, for Cantrell it was the most welcomed surprise.

“When she found out she was thrilled because she wasn’t sure that she'd have a chance to have a baby and so she was really excited, she already picked out names," said Smith.

MEDIA - KASSANNDRA CANTRELL: Missing from Parkland / Tacoma, WA since 25 Aug 2020 - Age 33

Last edited:
Desperate search for missing pregnant woman from Parkland

There is a desperate search for a pregnant Parkland woman who has been missing since last last week.

Kassandra Cantrell was last seen leaving her Parkland home on a neighbor’s Ring video. That was last Tuesday, the day before she was to meet her best friend for her first ultrasound to determine if she was expecting twins, like her mother had with her and her brother.

There were no clues for deputies until her vehicle was found overnight in a place her mother says she would never go. Her car was found on East 25th Street near the Tacoma Dome.

Overnight on Friday into Saturday morning, Cantrell’s 2014 Mazda M3 sedan was found abandoned underneath the overpass to Highway 705, some 10 miles from where she lives with her mother and stepfather, but there was no sign of her.

“What I hope, worst-case scenario, is that maybe she was carjacked and she’s just hurt somewhere.” Smith said.

But she worries, too, that the father of her daughter’s unborn child might somehow be involved.

“And I wouldn’t have suspected him if he wasn’t the father,” said Smith. “But he has a girlfriend so I don’t know what that might, you know, what that might have triggered.”

Mom-to-be vanishes a day before sonogram. Her mother suspects baby’s father, who reportedly has a girlfriend.

A pregnant Washington woman was looking forward to her first sonogram, excited to see whether she was carrying twins, when she mysteriously vanished on August 25.

KIRO 7 reports that Kassandra Cantrell, 33, of Parkland, ended up missing her sonogram appointment and has not been seen or heard from. There’s also been no activity on her social media accounts and none of her debit or credit cards have been used.

Authorities said there has been no activity on her cellphone, but it last pinged at Vashon Island.

Cantrell lives with her mother in Parkland, an unincorporated suburb just south of Tacoma.

Smith said she last saw her daughter early morning on August 25 as she (the mother) headed off to work. About an hour later, a security camera caught Cantrell driving away in her white 2014 Mazda 3.

Smith said her daughter had intended to go grocery shopping at some point, but she doesn’t think that’s where she was heading when she left Tuesday morning. There have been no records of Cantrell stopping at a grocery store.

Tacoma home searched in connection with missing pregnant woman; police have ’person of interest’ in case

Forensic investigators with the FBI and Pierce County detectives are searching a Tacoma home Tuesday in connection with a missing pregnant woman from Parkland.

Pierce County Sheriff’s Department investigators arrived with a warrant Monday night at the home near South K and 35th streets as the search for 33-year-old Kassandra Cantrell intensifies.

FBI investigators arrived Tuesday morning. Some suited up in protective white jumpsuits and headed to the home’s backyard.

Pierce County Sheriff’s Detective Ed Troyer said at a Tuesday news conference that an ex-boyfriend of Cantrell’s from years ago lives in the home. The search was initiated because detectives believe they recently had contact with one another.

Troyer said there was a person of interest in the case that they either want to eliminate or confirm as a suspect, but that person was not named.

He also said they were also trying to confirm whether Cantrell was actually pregnant.

Troyer said Cantrell disappeared under “highly suspicious circumstances,” because it is out of character for her not to have contact with her parents, who she lives with. Her car was also found abandoned in Tacoma last weekend.

When asked why the FBI was involved in the search, Troyer said they were not there to investigate, but only to assist as they have the best forensic team in the country.

Troyer said multiple searches were ongoing in different parts of Pierce County as a process of elimination and in the event that evidence might be found.

Detectives are working the case as if it is a homicide because Cantrell has not been found.

Cops search ex-boyfriend’s home after pregnant mom-to-be disappears before first sonogram appointment

Washington authorities were seen working through the night as they searched the home of a man said to be the ex-boyfriend of missing pregnant woman, Kassandra Cantrell, NBC’s King 5 reports.

According to the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department, authorities served a warrant on a home off of K Street in Tacoma, which is around seven miles from the Tacoma dome, close to where authorities found Cantrell’s car, a 2014 white Mazda sedan with Washington license plate, AXV1638.

“We’re working this case as a homicide until something tells us differently,” Pierce County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson Ed Troyer said.

Authorities said they do have a person of interest in the case, but declined to reveal the ex-boyfriend’s name.

Tacoma home searched in connection with missing pregnant woman; police have ’person of interest’ in case

Forensic investigators with the FBI and Pierce County detectives are searching a Tacoma home Tuesday in connection with a missing pregnant woman from Parkland.

Pierce County Sheriff’s Department investigators arrived with a warrant Monday night at the home near South K and 35th streets as the search for 33-year-old Kassandra Cantrell intensifies.

FBI investigators arrived Tuesday morning. Some suited up in protective white jumpsuits and headed to the home’s backyard.

Pierce County Sheriff’s Detective Ed Troyer said at a Tuesday news conference that an ex-boyfriend of Cantrell’s from years ago lives in the home. The search was initiated because detectives believe they recently had contact with one another.

Troyer said there was a person of interest in the case that they either want to eliminate or confirm as a suspect, but that person was not named.

He also said they were also trying to confirm whether Cantrell was actually pregnant.

Troyer said Cantrell disappeared under “highly suspicious circumstances,” because it is out of character for her not to have contact with her parents, who she lives with. Her car was also found abandoned in Tacoma last weekend.

When asked why the FBI was involved in the search, Troyer said they were not there to investigate, but only to assist as they have the best forensic team in the country.

Troyer said multiple searches were ongoing in different parts of Pierce County as a process of elimination and in the event that evidence might be found.

Detectives are working the case as if it is a homicide because Cantrell has not been found.

Cops search ex-boyfriend’s home after pregnant mom-to-be disappears before first sonogram appointment

Washington authorities were seen working through the night as they searched the home of a man said to be the ex-boyfriend of missing pregnant woman, Kassandra Cantrell, NBC’s King 5 reports.

According to the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department, authorities served a warrant on a home off of K Street in Tacoma, which is around seven miles from the Tacoma dome, close to where authorities found Cantrell’s car, a 2014 white Mazda sedan with Washington license plate, AXV1638.

“We’re working this case as a homicide until something tells us differently,” Pierce County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson Ed Troyer said.

Authorities said they do have a person of interest in the case, but declined to reveal the ex-boyfriend’s name.

Well, at least they have a suspect now.

View attachment 6590 View attachment 6591 View attachment 6592

Deputies searching for pregnant Pierce County woman who disappeared under suspicious circumstances

A Pierce County family is desperate for answers in the search of a missing pregnant woman who seemingly vanished Tuesday morning.

Loved ones say it was the ultimate red flag when Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, failed to show up to her first ultrasound this week, something she’d so been looking forward, something they say she wouldn’t willingly miss.

“This is not normal, she wouldn’t just vanish…I just need her back," said Marie Smith, Cantrell's mother.

It’s been an agonizing four days since Smith last saw her daughter. It was early Tuesday morning when Smith was heading out to work.

"She just said 'have a good day at work' I said 'thank you'. She said 'love you' and I said 'love you'. And that was the last time," said Smith about her last conversation with her daughter.

About an hour later, at 8:45 a.m. a security camera caught her driving away in her 2014 white Mazda sedan from her and mother’s Parkland home. The only plan her mom knew she had that day was at some point to go to the grocery store.

“I don't think that's where she was going when she left. Everything seemed to indicate she was going to see somebody because if she was going to the grocery store she would’ve just put her hair in a ponytail and put on some jeans and headed out, but it was clear she’d taken a shower and gotten dressed. She had taken some extra time, she doesn’t do that just to go grocery shopping," said Smith.

When she didn’t return home later that day or answer any calls, the fear started to sink in. even more so when they discovered her phone was turned off. “She never turns her phone off, and she wouldn’t stop all her social interactions. It doesn’t make any sense, something has happened.”

The nightmare deepened when Cantrell didn’t show up for her very first ultrasound appointment on Wednesday afternoon.

“She wouldn’t have missed it for the world, it doesn’t make any sense for her to be gone at all," said Smith.

Smith said her daughter was about three months pregnant. The father is a friend, and though unexpected, for Cantrell it was the most welcomed surprise.

“When she found out she was thrilled because she wasn’t sure that she'd have a chance to have a baby and so she was really excited, she already picked out names," said Smith.

she is so beautiful... please god watch over her and bring her home...

Unless this boyfriend has an ironclad alibi, along with his girlfriend, I know what I'm thinking.

Yeahhhhh. Not looking good for this guy. Especially with them searching his house.

It's so damn dangerous to be a pregnant woman. Especially when not in a relationship with the "father". FFS. There are several ways to not have a baby that don't involve killing someone.

Yeahhhhh. Not looking good for this guy. Especially with them searching his house.

It's so damn dangerous to be a pregnant woman. Especially when not in a relationship with the "father". FFS. There are several ways to not have a baby that don't involve killing someone.

How do these people think they'll get away with it? Your just the #1 suspect. You really think you'll get away with this?

Forgot to mention that her car was found just a block or two away from the Tacoma Transit Station and huge park-and-ride. Not to mention several banks, other businesses, parking lots, and bus/light rail/train stops that all most likely have cameras. "Someone" is going to be on camera dumping her car.

and the FBI involved... the don't come just because.... they must have suspected something to reach out to them.

Forgot to mention that her car was found just a block or two away from the Tacoma Transit Station and huge park-and-ride. Not to mention several banks, other businesses, parking lots, and bus/light rail/train stops that all most likely have cameras. "Someone" is going to be on camera dumping her car.

I sure hope so... what better location than there for the cameras to be reviewed

I sure hope so... what better location than there for the cameras to be reviewed

Well it's generally considered a "sketchy" area of Tacoma. Also a big industrial area nearby. But often those tend to be areas with a lot of cameras.
It would really depend which direction "someone" came from, but I still think there's a good chance a camera caught this person. Which is why there was an early plea for nearby businesses to check their cameras.

It sounds sadly like the typical get rid of woman, get rid of baby, get rid of any ties, $$ and/or interference with his "current" or any relationship for next 18 years.

Hand in hand with this I am going to guess he also pushed her and threatened her to get her to abort and she wanted to have the child. Almost always the case we see way too often. However, that may never be known.

The one article was interesting in that they said they are trying to confirm the pregnancy. I guess that makes no difference in some ways because so long as he thought she was pregnant, the motive is there.

Finally, simply recent contact with this guy seems a bit light to get a warrant to search a home, etc.? Not sure what it takes? I am going to guess they have and know more than that or it was the content of that contact (emails, text or whatever)... Plans to meet maybe?

All of this is assuming though that "he" is the perp.

Home searched as case of missing pregnant woman from Pierce County now considered a homicide

The search continues for Kassanndra Cantrell, a missing and pregnant Pierce County woman family members haven’t seen or heard from in a week. Investigators said on Tuesday they're now treating the case as a homicide.

"If she is still alive we want to find her," said Pierce County Sheriff's Office Det. Ed Troyer. "Unfortunately, we haven’t found her and that’s why we’re working this as a homicide until something tells us differently, and I hope that day comes but as you can see by the amount of work going on here, the probability of that coming to light isn’t strong."

Cantrell's mother, Marie Smith, said never seeing her daughter again and never getting to meet her future grandchild is a thought she can't begin to accept right now.

“I’m grateful, I’m super grateful to Pierce County and Tacoma Police for all the work they’re doing, but we still need more, somebody out there has to have a camera of some kind or doorbell cam, something, they have to have seen her in the area or her car at least, maybe we can see if she was taken some place,” Marie Smith said.

1599083351319.png

It sounds sadly like the typical get rid of woman, get rid of baby, get rid of any ties, $$ and/or interference with his "current" or any relationship for next 18 years.

Hand in hand with this I am going to guess he also pushed her and threatened her to get her to abort and she wanted to have the child. Almost always the case we see way too often. However, that may never be known.

The one article was interesting in that they said they are trying to confirm the pregnancy. I guess that makes no difference in some ways because so long as he thought she was pregnant, the motive is there.

Finally, simply recent contact with this guy seems a bit light to get a warrant to search a home, etc.? Not sure what it takes? I am going to guess they have and know more than that or it was the content of that contact (emails, text or whatever)... Plans to meet maybe?

All of this is assuming though that "he" is the perp.

I totally agree and sadly thing exactly the same. It just breaks my heart. praying that it unfolds differently but I think the chances are slim....
I wonder though what they mean with him being cooperative... It sure sound that there is much more knowledge out there which we do not know yet.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back