WA KASSANNDRA CANTRELL: Missing from Parkland / Tacoma, WA - 25 Aug 2020 - Age 33 *Found Deceased**GUILTY PLEA*

1598991746262.png 1598991754150.png 1598991771892.png

Deputies searching for pregnant Pierce County woman who disappeared under suspicious circumstances

A Pierce County family is desperate for answers in the search of a missing pregnant woman who seemingly vanished Tuesday morning.

Loved ones say it was the ultimate red flag when Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, failed to show up to her first ultrasound this week, something she’d so been looking forward, something they say she wouldn’t willingly miss.

“This is not normal, she wouldn’t just vanish…I just need her back," said Marie Smith, Cantrell's mother.

It’s been an agonizing four days since Smith last saw her daughter. It was early Tuesday morning when Smith was heading out to work.

"She just said 'have a good day at work' I said 'thank you'. She said 'love you' and I said 'love you'. And that was the last time," said Smith about her last conversation with her daughter.

About an hour later, at 8:45 a.m. a security camera caught her driving away in her 2014 white Mazda sedan from her and mother’s Parkland home. The only plan her mom knew she had that day was at some point to go to the grocery store.

“I don't think that's where she was going when she left. Everything seemed to indicate she was going to see somebody because if she was going to the grocery store she would’ve just put her hair in a ponytail and put on some jeans and headed out, but it was clear she’d taken a shower and gotten dressed. She had taken some extra time, she doesn’t do that just to go grocery shopping," said Smith.

When she didn’t return home later that day or answer any calls, the fear started to sink in. even more so when they discovered her phone was turned off. “She never turns her phone off, and she wouldn’t stop all her social interactions. It doesn’t make any sense, something has happened.”

The nightmare deepened when Cantrell didn’t show up for her very first ultrasound appointment on Wednesday afternoon.

“She wouldn’t have missed it for the world, it doesn’t make any sense for her to be gone at all," said Smith.

Smith said her daughter was about three months pregnant. The father is a friend, and though unexpected, for Cantrell it was the most welcomed surprise.

“When she found out she was thrilled because she wasn’t sure that she'd have a chance to have a baby and so she was really excited, she already picked out names," said Smith.

MEDIA - KASSANNDRA CANTRELL: Missing from Parkland / Tacoma, WA since 25 Aug 2020 - Age 33

Last edited:
This should be a really easy conviction based on what we know. Possibly even a plea deal if he's got a defense worth anything. Not that he deserves it.

He was seen on surveillance dumping her vehicle.
They used GPS from his vehicle to find her body.
They can probably place his truck GPS in Point Defiance where her phone was found as well (speculating with this one).
She was wrapped in something. Forensics may match it to something that came from the home, or something he purchased (speculating with this one as well).

Not smart. I obviously hate when people do this, but I love when they're complete and utter fools about it.

I just don't understand how he could have been thinking that he is getting away with it.....

I couldn't read up yet on what came out since last night but I hope the family gets some answer.... I still wonder why the GF was let go.... she certainly know more than she lets on....

This should be a really easy conviction based on what we know. Possibly even a plea deal if he's got a defense worth anything. Not that he deserves it.

He was seen on surveillance dumping her vehicle.
They used GPS from his vehicle to find her body.
They can probably place his truck GPS in Point Defiance where her phone was found as well (speculating with this one).
She was wrapped in something. Forensics may match it to something that came from the home, or something he purchased (speculating with this one as well).

Not smart. I obviously hate when people do this, but I love when they're complete and utter fools about it.
Add in they seemed to know they were in communication right from the start, I have a feeling there is messaging whether by text or online, etc. Dumb yet again on his part...

I love when they are fools about it and stupid as well too but it doesn't mean he won't fight it for three or four years (or longer) at great cost to the victim's family's emotions and to the system... That irks me in many cases the length of time allowed to pass...

I just don't understand how he could have been thinking that he is getting away with it.....

I couldn't read up yet on what came out since last night but I hope the family gets some answer.... I still wonder why the GF was let go.... she certainly know more than she lets on....

So is that the gf in the arrest picture? I watched Plunder way earlier today and she was unsure if it was the gf or his mother, etc. I have not looked at CrimeOnline yet to see if there are updates but intend to if I get a chance.

So is that the gf in the arrest picture? I watched Plunder way earlier today and she was unsure if it was the gf or his mother, etc. I have not looked at CrimeOnline yet to see if there are updates but intend to if I get a chance.

yes that is her.... and she looks like nothing happened... sitting there relaxed and crossed legs..
I somehow just can't believe that she didn't know anything specially since there was the house search before....

yes that is her.... and she looks like nothing happened... sitting there relaxed and crossed legs..
I somehow just can't believe that she didn't know anything specially since there was the house search before....
If she was not involved then by now she should have a clue... As you say with the house search and everything else since this occurred...?

CORRECTION: I just learned that this. Woman in black is supposed to be his MOTHER...

I didn’t see that one coming... another player... the question is to what extent ...

CORRECTION: I just learned that this. Woman in black is supposed to be his MOTHER...

I didn’t see that one coming... another player... the question is to what extent ...
I was not sure. Plunder who is not my go to but I listen to on occasion was unsure if mom or gf... I meant to look more into it but been quite a day. So that is his mother?

[BGCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Kassanndra Cantrell's mother speaks out for first time since her daughter's body found, ex-boyfriend arrested

By Olivia LaVoice
Published 10 hours ago
Crime and Public Safety
Q13 FOX
[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Suspect in Kassanndra Cantrell case makes first court appearance

The ex-boyfriend of Kassanndra Cantrell made his first court appearance today.
TACOMA - The man arrested Tuesday for the murder of Kassanndra Cantrell made his first court appearance today.
The suspect, 37-year-old Colin Dudley was an ex-boyfriend of Cantrell from over a decade ago. According to search warrants, Cantrell had confided in loved ones that Dudley was the father of her unborn baby.
Dudley was stoic as he sat in the courtroom while prosecutors asked the judge for 72 more hours to file charges against him. Volunteers who helped search for Cantrell sat in the audience. Some were emotional, and said they feel strongly that Dudley should also be charged with the murder of Cantrell's unborn baby. Family says she was about three months pregnant.
“How should that baby not count? That’s a life, that’s a life that’s just as important as Kassanndra’s,” says Carlie Whipple, one of the volunteers who helped organize several searches.
Cantrell's mother, Marie Smith, opted to skip today’s hearing, as she’s still trying to process the flood of new information that came with yesterday’s discovery of Kassanndra’s body, and Dudley’s arrest. “Her brother keeps asking why? There’s no why. He’s a bad person that’s all there was, there is no why…she literally wanted nothing from him.”
As the court process just begins, Smith said she keeps hearing this word: “justice-will there be justice? Justice would be trading his life for hers, if she could come back that would be justice. That’s not going to happen.
Perhaps the only mild comfort for her mother is hearing from strangers who became invested in Cantrell's story throughout the month she’d been missing.
“So many people have been to her Facebook and her YouTube and they learned about her, and said how great she was, how funny and smart and opinionated, and they love her and they didn’t even ever meet her," said Smith.
As she grapples with losing her only daughter during what was supposed to be the happiest time in her life, Smith can’t help but fixate on the timeline established by search warrants that suggest the crime was carefully planned out, while Cantrell was still at home.
“All I can think is how she must’ve been looking forward to seeing him...she’d taken so much time to get ready, to look pretty for him…and all the time, all the time…he was planning," said Smith.
Dudley’s next scheduled court appearance is Friday afternoon where he’s expected to be formally charged.
If you would like to help Kassandra’s family, there is a gofundme set up to help cover burial costs.
[/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Kassanndra Cantrell's mother speaks out for first time since her daughter's body found, ex-boyfriend arrested[/BGCOLOR]

By Olivia LaVoice

Published 10 hours ago

Crime and Public Safety

Q13 FOX
[BGCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Suspect in Kassanndra Cantrell case makes first court appearance[/BGCOLOR]

The ex-boyfriend of Kassanndra Cantrell made his first court appearance today.
TACOMA - The man arrested Tuesday for the murder of Kassanndra Cantrell made his first court appearance today.

The suspect, 37-year-old Colin Dudley was an ex-boyfriend of Cantrell from over a decade ago. According to search warrants, Cantrell had confided in loved ones that Dudley was the father of her unborn baby.
Dudley was stoic as he sat in the courtroom while prosecutors asked the judge for 72 more hours to file charges against him. Volunteers who helped search for Cantrell sat in the audience. Some were emotional, and said they feel strongly that Dudley should also be charged with the murder of Cantrell's unborn baby. Family says she was about three months pregnant.
“How should that baby not count? That’s a life, that’s a life that’s just as important as Kassanndra’s,” says Carlie Whipple, one of the volunteers who helped organize several searches.
Cantrell's mother, Marie Smith, opted to skip today’s hearing, as she’s still trying to process the flood of new information that came with yesterday’s discovery of Kassanndra’s body, and Dudley’s arrest. “Her brother keeps asking why? There’s no why. He’s a bad person that’s all there was, there is no why…she literally wanted nothing from him.”
As the court process just begins, Smith said she keeps hearing this word: “justice-will there be justice? Justice would be trading his life for hers, if she could come back that would be justice. That’s not going to happen.
Perhaps the only mild comfort for her mother is hearing from strangers who became invested in Cantrell's story throughout the month she’d been missing.
“So many people have been to her Facebook and her YouTube and they learned about her, and said how great she was, how funny and smart and opinionated, and they love her and they didn’t even ever meet her," said Smith.
As she grapples with losing her only daughter during what was supposed to be the happiest time in her life, Smith can’t help but fixate on the timeline established by search warrants that suggest the crime was carefully planned out, while Cantrell was still at home.
“All I can think is how she must’ve been looking forward to seeing him...she’d taken so much time to get ready, to look pretty for him…and all the time, all the time…he was planning," said Smith.
Dudley’s next scheduled court appearance is Friday afternoon where he’s expected to be formally charged.
If you would like to help Kassandra’s family, there is a gofundme set up to help cover burial costs.
and that baby is most likely the very reason why she was killed, so it should definitely matter

In my opinion he needs to be charged for both of them....
I don't want to be insensitive by any means but they were trying to confirm the pregnancy back when in this case. He also claims he was "fixed". To me it makes no difference in that she is a victim and he believed he was the father and she was pregnant which tells me he was likely lying to women. I simply wonder if they have not charged for the baby yet as they need to confirm it and I don't know how HIPPA works etc. even for LE? Now I would think they will be able to go there as they have her body and cause and the perp. Longwinded point is hopefully that will be coming and now they can confirm and charge.

I could be wrong but this is what I'm finding for laws in this state regarding an unborn child.
Because Kassanndra was only at her first ultrasound / very early in her pregnancy... I don't think there will be any charges for that in this case

Wash. Rev. Code Ann. § 9A.32.060 declares that a person is guilty of manslaughter in the first degree when he or she intentionally and unlawfully kills an unborn quick child by inflicting any injury upon the mother of such child.

Quick child is a fetus that has developed to such a stage that it moves within the womb of the mother.

I could be wrong but this is what I'm finding for laws in this state regarding an unborn child.
Because Kassanndra was only at her first ultrasound / very early in her pregnancy... I don't think there will be any charges for that in this case

Wash. Rev. Code Ann. § 9A.32.060 declares that a person is guilty of manslaughter in the first degree when he or she intentionally and unlawfully kills an unborn quick child by inflicting any injury upon the mother of such child.

Quick child is a fetus that has developed to such a stage that it moves within the womb of the mother.
moves or feels it move? if she was 3-4 months, that baby was definitely moving, but she might not have felt it yet. so......?

moves or feels it move? if she was 3-4 months, that baby was definitely moving, but she might not have felt it yet. so......?
Well, yeah. I mean, babies move pretty dang early. I think I saw she was about 3 months. So the baby would have been moving, but unlikely felt.

Most things I'm seeing online is that "quickening" is when you can first FEEL the baby move.

In pregnancy terms, quickening is the moment in pregnancy when the pregnant woman starts to feel or perceive fetal movements in the uterus.[1]

A woman pregnant for the first time (i.e., a primigravida woman) typically feels fetal movements at about 18–20 weeks.

I think, being that she didn't even get to have her first ultrasound, proving that the baby was a "quick" child is going to be extremely difficult, if not impossible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seminary
Back