CA KARLIE GUSE: Missing from Chalfant Valley, Mono Co., CA - 13 October 2018 - Age 16

KARLIE.png

• Date of Birth 05/13/2002
  • Age 16 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'7, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A white t-shirt, gray sweatpants or jeans, and Vans shoes.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Karlie's left nostril is pierced.

Karlie was last seen walking towards Highway 6 after leaving her residence in the White Mountain Estates area of Chalfant, California on October 13, 2018. Her stepmother saw her lying awake at 5:48 a.m., and went to sleep in the same room. Between 7:15 and 7:30 a.m., she woke up, and realized Karlie was gone.

There were no indications of forced entry to the home. She left all her belongings behind, including her cellular phone, eyeglasses and money, and has never been heard from again.

The night before her disappearance, Karlie came home after an evening out with friends and admitted to her parents that she had smoked marijuana. She seemed anxious and paranoid, and in her final text to her boyfriend she said the marijuana had been laced. It's possible she was still disoriented from the effects of the drug at the time she went missing.

Karlie and her father and stepmother had only recently moved to Chalfant, and she has relatives in Yerington, Nevada, 160 miles away. Her biological mother fears she may have had an overdose on the night of her disappearance, while her stepmother says she thinks Karlie was abducted.

Her case is being investigated as a simple missing person due to lack of evidence of a crime.

Last edited:
The one on the driveway? I don't remember who claimed to see it.
I don't know about the one in the driveway, if he claimed it, but the ones in the mountains were allegedly hers that the dad saw and the bio mom even said that I think, that the dad found some...

I don't know about the one in the driveway, if he claimed it, but the ones in the mountains were allegedly hers that the dad saw and the bio mom even said that I think, that the dad found some...
That doesn't sound right to me at ALL. I'd have to see it.

In the desert, things don't change much. Those footprints could have been from a week prior, or even way longer. And in the mountains? That's quite a walk from the homes in Chalfant Valley.

Look at this pic as an example. If it seems like those mountains are close to those houses, believe me, they are NOT! And she walked all the way out there within the time frame she was missing - and the neighbors saw her that morning?

Nope, I'm not buying that one. Sorry.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 4

In the desert, things don't change much. Those footprints could have been from a week prior, or even way longer. And in the mountains? That's quite a walk from the homes in Chalfant Valley.
and one footprint and you think it's your daughters? How in the ....?

Look at this pic as an example. If it seems like those mountains are close to those houses, believe me, they are NOT! And she walked all the way out there within the time frame she was missing - and the neighbors saw her that morning?

Nope, I'm not buying that one. Sorry.
I questioned that one from the start.

i thought it was on some mountain?
The Sierras or the Whites?

There's HUGE mountain ranges on both sides, neither of which is an easy jaunt to get to. I assume they are talking about the White Mountains as they are a bit closer.

Or, were they talking about a "hill". If you live in that area, there's a huge difference between the two.

I did a quick google search before posting that. I didn't go into the articles or posts but saw both things in the results with a sentence or two leading in beneath them. The driveway had ONE single footprint, I did not go in and check to see who said that if it was LE, father, or who.

The mountain thing though I remember. Not sure the details are right (again I did not go into the link) but I do recall hearing about that and I think it was speculated she or they had hiked there at other times...

I don't remember any hills around Chalfant Valley and I've been there a LOT. My aunt and uncle had a home there and I dated a guy for a short time that lived there.

I did a quick google search before posting that. I didn't go into the articles or posts but saw both things in the results with a sentence or two leading in beneath them. The driveway had ONE single footprint, I did not go in and check to see who said that if it was LE, father, or who.

The mountain thing though I remember. Not sure the details are right (again I did not go into the link) but I do recall hearing about that and I think it was speculated she or they had hiked there at other times...
So have a LOT of people! And they go out there shooting targets, partying, etc.

I think it was on a fb post, which i can't link to

"The real mothers post stated that her footprints had been found by the dad going up to into the white mountains which are very steep and have a harsh terrain. Why would a 16 yr old girl make the decision to head straight for the mountains without any belongings? Was she trying to get away? Suicidal? Was there a struggle that happened between the step mom and the daughter? We don’t know.

"The real mothers post stated that her footprints had been found by the dad going up to into the white mountains which are very steep and have a harsh terrain. Why would a 16 yr old girl make the decision to head straight for the mountains without any belongings? Was she trying to get away? Suicidal? Was there a struggle that happened between the step mom and the daughter? We don’t know.

If I were on the jury for that one, I'd completely dismiss it as evidence. SMH

The search I did showed what looked like a similar Reddit post about the "real mother" stating that. Even in the mountains, again, how does he know they are HER footprints?

Yeah, that's the one I remember, too. But still, could have been from the night before. Also, weren't there two neighbors who insist they saw her outside?
I recall one neighbor for sure but I have always wondered about that... I am not saying the neighbor did not see someone...

I don't know, I feel like this case is a cover up, it is just where I lean but whether it was one parent or both, I don't know... Just, of course, an opinion.

I recall one neighbor for sure but I have always wondered about that... I am not saying the neighbor did not see someone...

I don't know, I feel like this case is a cover up, it is just where I lean but whether it was one parent or both, I don't know... Just, of course, an opinion.
Something doesn't add up, that's for sure. Never has for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back