KARA KOPETSKY & JESSICA RUNIONS: Missouri vs. Kylr Yust for 2007 murder of Kopetsky & 2016 murder of Runions *GUILTY*

1602114344709.png

According to documents filed Monday in Cass County Circuit Court, Oklahoma-based DNA Solutions must be allowed to access skeletal remains for both Kara Kopetsky and Jessica Runions, whose remains were found in rural Cass County in 2017.

Documents also say DNA Solutions must be allowed to test hair recovered from a white SUV in 2013.

All testing must be done at the DNA Solutions lab in Oklahoma, according to the documents. The evidence must be returned to the Jackson County Medical Examiner’s Office and Belton Police Department by April 30.

Jury selection for the trial is set to begin on July 22. Jurors will be brought in from St. Charles County, which is just outside of St. Louis. Once the jury is set, the trial will begin the following Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
@SarahPlakeTV

Taylor says then Yust got a phone call.. Taylor heard him saying, "I went to work, talked to her today but she was pretty pissed off at me.. Oh you haven't seen her? Well you should probably file a missing persons report." #YustTrial

@SarahPlakeTV

Taylor said she was scared, skeptical because what she heard made her wonder.. "because he was a suspect in Kara's case so when i heard that, ideas start going through my head, did he do something?" Wondered if he'd be mad at her since she overheard that phone call. #YustTrial

This is from today's testimony. I can tell that the witness, Crystal Taylor, was scared of Yust. Who wouldn't be?

@MattFlenerKMBC
·

Prosecutor: "Were you scared?" Taylor: "Yes, I didn't know what was going on. If I would say something to Jessep, he would give me a look, likec 'calm down.'" "I believe Jessep didn't want Kylr to see me scared," she said.

@SarahPlakeTV
·

Taylor remembers someone asking Yust if he needed a wet towel. They're only in the cousin's house for 5,10 mins. All 3 left to go back to Taylor/Carter's home in Edwards. Yust asked them to take the batteries out their phones, said he already threw his out. #YustTrial

So this is what they know to do to keep their phones from being tracked.

@SarahPlakeTV

In the year after Sept 2016, she said everything that happened took a toll on their family. He started using, abusing her again. They split up, Taylor spent 5 mos in a shelter then moved to Blue Springs w/ her kids to live w/ parents. Carter is on his own. #YustTrial

She'd gotten a restraining order. Then she turned on the news to see Uncle Paul's house on fire, Carter in handcuffs, arrested for arson. At the Jackson County jail, Carter ended his life. Taylor is crying describing this. #YustTrial

I'd always wondered why Jessup Carter ended his life. :(

@SarahPlakeTV
·

Taylor remembers someone asking Yust if he needed a wet towel. They're only in the cousin's house for 5,10 mins. All 3 left to go back to Taylor/Carter's home in Edwards. Yust asked them to take the batteries out their phones, said he already threw his out. #YustTrial

So this is what they know to do to keep their phones from being tracked.
I think it was sometime after this, they were pulled over for a bad taillight and driving erratic. The officer said Yust was so scared that he peed himself.

Yeah, I wonder why? RIGHT!

I met a gal once YEARS ago who said she went to see her sister and the cops raided the house and told everyone to get on the floor. She said she was so scared that she peed herself.

Man, that's some fear, isn't it?

@SarahPlakeTV

Fields took pic of singed facial hair and that scratch on left side of face. We see he has a red nose, discolored lips. Scabs on his right hand, injuries on both hands. #YustTrial

Jessica's car was burned, as well as there was a fire that day at Yust's uncle's (?) house. I think it was an uncle. @kdg411, correct me if I'm wrong.

This breaks my heart. Jessica must have known that Yust was a suspect in Kara's disappearance, yet she loved him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back