JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori *GUILTY* & Chad Daybell for murder

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
Because he interviewed people surrounding the case? I’m trying to remember if I’ve ever heard of a news reporter being called in to testify. I’m sure there has been but I can’t think of anyone off hand.
The subpoena was from Prior, a defense attorney. It could be to get the case moved to a different jurisdiction due to publicity. MOO

The subpoena was from Prior, a defense attorney. It could be to get the case moved to a different jurisdiction due to publicity. MOO
Yes I realize it’s from the defense attorney. But now that you brought up the name, I should’ve realize that it’s probably just that one defense attorney because I think that he’s not that great, but time will tell. I didn’t think Jose Baez was either and look what happened with his client.

Because he interviewed people surrounding the case? I’m trying to remember if I’ve ever heard of a news reporter being called in to testify. I’m sure there has been but I can’t think of anyone off hand.
I can't think of too many off hand but I do believe it has happened, they just are not coming to mind. In both Daybell and Morphew, reporters seem to indicate they have more that they have held until it is safe and/or turned over to authorities due to the investigation. Lauren Scharf made a recent remark like that and with Nate in Daybell, well he certainly did some big interviews, brought a lot of publicity too, he went to Hawaii, they covered Lori's return to the states...

It seems at this point in the process it would likely relate to publicity or fair trial/venue, etc. but it could also be anything. He talked to other players, and interviewed them, probably on and off record, he had sources...

Yes I realize it’s from the defense attorney. But now that you brought up the name, I should’ve realize that it’s probably just that one defense attorney because I think that he’s not that great, but time will tell. I didn’t think Jose Baez was either and look what happened with his client.

Clients, he also got Aaron Hernandez off his charge down south.

Interesting. You usually file indigency to be appointed a public defender. I guess Means could request he be paid as a contracted "public defender" but generally they would appoint someone more versed with the criminal cases... He may say he is representing her but why did she file for indigency then?

Unless somehow that allows for State paying for defense experts or some other things? I only know it allows for an appointed attorney at state expense.

Interesting. You usually file indigency to be appointed a public defender. I guess Means could request he be paid as a contracted "public defender" but generally they would appoint someone more versed with the criminal cases... He may say he is representing her but why did she file for indigency then?

Unless somehow that allows for State paying for defense experts or some other things? I only know it allows for an appointed attorney at state expense.

Just waiting on Chad to follow suit. Unless Prior took the house as full payment.

Just waiting on Chad to follow suit. Unless Prior took the house as full payment.
Yes, I wouldn't think he would be far behind. There may be some assets from Tammy like a pension or some such and the home. As to the life insurance, they have to have run through all or at least a lot of it. I figured Lori would be indigent long before now and before Chad. I guess Means could go pro bono but I still don't see why she would file indigency if she did not plan on asking for one appointed.

Yes, I wouldn't think he would be far behind. There may be some assets from Tammy like a pension or some such and the home. As to the life insurance, they have to have run through all or at least a lot of it. I figured Lori would be indigent long before now and before Chad. I guess Means could go pro bono but I still don't see why she would file indigency if she did not plan on asking for one appointed.
Means has staunchly defended his client which leads one to wonder why. At least is does for me.

the state now pays him instead of her

Means has staunchly defended his client which leads one to wonder why. At least is does for me.
You're not the only one. It's strange, he has no experience so they say in much criminally and she can't exactly be giving him ahem a roll in the hay as she is in jail. She has no money.... So why? Even if negative, he does have a case that puts him in the limelight and if he did win, well, I guess it would bring him some business... He was on Court TV a bit back as a commenter or legal consultant and people were laughing at it but the man was probably formerly never heard of.

The only other thing I can think of is she has something on him or he was a part of this "group"...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawn Honner
Back