JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori *GUILTY* & Chad Daybell for murder

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW. I do not tell others to waste their time and watch something if not worth it. Prosecution/Blake really got on Tammy's death today and objected, redirected, etc. and Nate gives great excerpts. One redirect by Blake was if bruises could be considered to be one person holding her down while another killed her!! I'd assume Alex butI can't exclude a kid or two either. Sorry but I can't. Come HELP me exorcise your mother! This is MY thought, nothing from Nate. I am sure it was meant to mean Alex and Chad by prosecution.

I rely big time on Nate's Tweets that @Tresir is so on it posting and I can't unfortunately watch every moment of trial or even any which I'd prefer to but Nate and Linda's summaries pull key testimony into their nightly shows and are WELL worth it.

This one I am only now 30 minutes into and having to hit the hay soon and so worth it. I think Nate has a get home and man I have to get on it and make up for it thing form being gone for a week lol.

HIGHLY recommend even though only 30 minutes it, it is already like BAM.
I’ll have to catch it later. The Dodgers are playing!

"his" house you mean right? not chad's. I still love that remark from that guy lol. well you should know, it is your house he says to prior. that remark may welll be the showcase one forever after in his trial. LMAO.

Reminds of "Does your dog bite?"

I think even now he and Prior would throw Lori hard under the bus to save Chad BUT I think both worry about it. She could turn on him in a heartbeat as she did to most every hub and she's already convicted to life beyond. Everyone predicted he'd throw her under but they really are not doing that. Alex, yes, Tammy natural causes.

I don't think for a minute Chad has a real feeling for Lori at this point. And he played the game to his kids of she was the evil that tempted him and ya know Colby is a problem child per Emma but I think over these years he's played other things.

I do think when she was arrested he wanted her out, badly, or they would all or both go down. I think truly there was a life planned that was ridiculous with sex and money and no kids.

At the point Lori was arrested it was still just this whole fantasy they thought no one would ever catch onto and he probably wanted to nip it in the bud, it wasn't murder charges yet, his Storm missed her, and so on.

That whole asking them to put up their house OMG. However, these two too moved to Rexburg. This kind of stuff has gotten into this church and into people and she knew some from the podcasts and that is the CHURCH letting this or causing or condoning.

All of that would be too much for this trial of this who is it, I like the name, Baby Huey?

Yeah he was desperate to get her out and as far as control between the two of them of the other, I've seen examples both ways. SAme with TAmmy and Chad. Hey if we are honest I have always thought and I think most of us that Chad controlled Tammy through his b.s.and her grandma but he apparently did not have access or passwords to their bank and credit accounts and there was something else I forget just at this moment.... Tammy clearly HAD A backbone... That I did not always realize...
\
Sorry. Should be obvious by now my first night after days on end when I know I don't have to get up tomorrow and just starting to decompress from the work sh*T. And catch up with all in like one wandering post.
There was a computer game she liked playing that her Grandma told Baby Huey she spent too much time on. Farmville was it? I just remembered that.

Why couldn't he put his own house up for bond?
Going to guess it wasn't enough or as valuable as the 'friends" who Jesus himself told him was to be put up (watch Nate, pretty much what was said by Chad to Gilberts). Do we even know what Chad's house was at or in? Didn't a short time ago we saw something or were surprised that it was not paid off when one would think that is what he'd do first with life insurance proceeds?

Either way, it wouldn't have been enough for her bond. If I recall? Tired, tired, facts aren't coming easy. Think so though.

Wednesday 1st - afternoon update

REFRESH FOR UPDATES

LIVE UPDATES FROM THE CHAD DAYBELL TRIAL​

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE TRIAL LIVE
Please excuse the typos. These are live updates from the courtroom.

3:15 p.m. Rob Wood says the next witness will be longer than 14 minutes. Boyce says given the timing, we will dismiss for the day. Join me tonight at 6:30 p.m. MDT for “Courtroom Insider.”

3:14 p.m. Ballard says Lori Vallow’s children never came up in conversation. Prior is done. Wixom has no redirect.

3:12 p.m. Prior asks when the enrollment period was in the Sugar-Salem School District. The forms were due back Sept. 15. Ballard gave the presentation at the school on Aug. 23. Ballard says Tammy elected for $80,000 of insurance. Prior asks if it would be unusual to get the maximum amount of insurance. Ballard agrees.

3:10 p.m. Prior references an interview Ballard did with Det. Mattingly. Ballard says the entire family was losing health insurance coverage because of Tammy’s death.

3:09 p.m. On March 11, Chad was thinner and tanner. He had on a black ring. Ballard assumed that was his new wedding ring, and the turquoise ring must have been Tammy’s. Wixom has no further questions. Prior will now cross-examine.

3:07 p.m. Ballard had done the presentation for open enrollment at Tammy’s school district, and she gave Tammy the life insurance election form. Wixom asks if she ever noticed what Chad was wearing when she came in. Ballard noticed Chad was wearing a ring when he came into her office. The ring was turquoise.

3:04 p.m. Ballard had a conversation on March 16. Chad reached out because he had received some information from Health and Welfare that Lori’s identity could not be verified. Chad provided his marriage certificate and Lori’s driver’s license to verify her identity. The issue was resolved. The last time Ballard spoke to Chad was on March 26.

3:03 p.m. Ballard was concerned they had a fraudulent life insurance payout. “I was worried Tammy’s death may not have been an accident, and the life insurance money was paid out when it shouldn’t have been.”

3:01 p.m. Chad said Lori should be getting out of jail the following week. Ballard was going through information, and when she got to the income information, Chad said “they” confiscated my computer, so he wasn’t able to pay himself yet. Ballard said, “They?” And Chad said the FBI took his computer. Chad wanted to make sure he, his wife and son Mark would be covered. Ballard asked about adding dependents. Chad never mentioned JJ or Tylee.

3 p.m. On March 11, 2020, Chad went to Ballard’s office to ask about getting health insurance for his wife. He told Ballard his wife was Lori Daybell and wrote on a sticky note, “Lori Ryan Daybell.” Chad told Ballard they were married Nov. 5, 2019. “He had stated to me that she was incarcerated. I told him she wouldn’t necessarily get insurance right now, but he was worried about something happening to her.” Ballard told Chad she would be covered by the state if she was incarcerated.

2:58 p.m. Ballard’s office handled Tammy’s health, life and disability insurance before she passed away. Ballard looked at her life insurance amount and learned it had been paid out. During her open enrollment in August or September, she had upped it to the max.

2:57 p.m. Ballard was in Health and Welfare on Dec. 23 and she learned Chad had remarried someone who had two children that were missing. Ballard was confused and wondered if they were the children she had helped insure. Ballard said this information made her question his deceased wife.

2:55 p.m. On Dec. 11, Chad picked his health insurance plan and paid for it. He did not bring up JJ, Tylee or Lori. Around this time, Ballard received five letters addressed to Chad, but they had been sent to Ballard’s address. She said that was very weird – it never happens.

2:53 p.m. Chad asked if he were to get married, how hard would it be to add a new wife. Chad was already married at this time but told Ballard, “I’ll be honest with you. I’ll probably be married by the end of the year.” Chad never mentioned the names JJ or Tylee.

2:52 p.m. Ballard texted Chad on Nov. 5, 2019, asking for his 2018 tax returns. Chad responded that he was out of town all week but would be able to stop by the following week. On Nov. 21, Chad came back into Ballard’s office. Based on Chad’s tax return, it was proven that his business did operate at a profit, so he was eligible for different insurance, and they discussed his options for January 2020.

2:49 p.m. Chad wanted health insurance for himself and Seth, Leah and Mark. They discussed his income, demographic information and options for insurance. Chad said without his wife’s income, his self-employment as a book publisher would operate at a loss. Ballard learned from Health and Welfare that Chad was making $30,000 a year. Ballard asked for a copy of Chad’s tax return to verify his income.

2:47 p.m. Ballard works at Ballard Insurance Group. She has worked in the industry for 14 years. She met Chad Daybell on Oct. 31, 2019. Chad visited her office to inquire about an individual health policy for him and his children. Chad was losing coverage from his deceased’s wife’s policy through her employer plan.

2:45 p.m. Next witness is Taylor Ballard, an insurance broker from Rexburg.

2:44 p.m. Janice says she saw Tammy walking around school all day, every day. She’d come and gather books before the students went to the library. Tammy would gather books on certain subjects and bring them to the classrooms. Wixom has nothing further.

2:42 p.m. Wixom has no further questions. Prior will now cross examine. He asks Janice about the day before Tammy died. He asks Janice if Tammy was preparing for a book fair. Janice doesn’t recall. Prior has nothing further. Wixom asks Janice to explain where her classroom is. It’s right by the front door.

2:40 p.m. Janice says she got a call about Tammy’s death and was shocked. She had just seem Tammy the day before at school and Tammy had been at exercise class. Tammy never mentioned anything about not feeling well. She didn’t have any ill symptoms.

2:38 p.m. Tammy attended Janice’s high fit/Zumba class twice a week. Each class was an hour. Janice says Tammy never struggled in class and wouldn’t quit early.

2:37 p.m. Janice saw Tammy multiple times a day. They had lunch together 3-4 times a week. Rocky Wixom is questioning Janice. Janice says Tammy was a friend and good colleague. Tammy was very organized, on top of things and went the extra mile to get books into the hands of kids.

2:35 p.m. Next witness is Janice Olson. She lives in St. Anthony and teaches 1st grade. This will be her 30th year teaching. She has always taught at Central Elementary, the same school where Tammy taught.

2:30 p.m. Back in the courtroom. Chad and John Prior are smiling, laughing with each other. Boyce is on the bench and jurors are in their seats.

2:06 p.m. Gilbert is released from his subpoena. He leaves the witness stand. We will take afternoon recess and be back at 2:30 p.m.

2:05 p.m. Blake asks if some of the things Chad discussed with Gilbert were beyond the standard LDS teachings. Gilbert says yes. Blake asks if someone disclosed they were having an affair, would they qualify for a temple recommend? Gilbert says no.

2:03 p.m. Prior asks about the coughing spell Tammy experienced. He asks Gilbert if Chad mentioned what Tammy had eaten to make her throw up. Chad did not. Prior has nothing further. Blake will now re-direct.

2:02 p.m. Gilbert says Chad is a soft-spoken person. Prior suggests he’s shy and reserved.

2:01 p.m. Prior asks about Gilbert meeting Lori and Chad at the temple. Gilbert says you have to be an active member and a recommend to get into the temple. Melani Boudreaux and another lady was also with Lori and Chad at the temple.

2 p.m. The Gilberts attended three “Preparing a People” conferences. Prior asks what AVOW is. It’s a preparation website, Gilbert says. Gilbert says Chad was an active member of the LDS Church through the time they knew each other.

1:57 p.m. Prior asks about Melanie Gibb and if she is involved in any organization attached to the LDS faith. Gilbert says not that he is aware of. Prior asks about “Preparing a People.” Gilbert says to his knowledge, she really isn’t. Chad introduced the Gilberts to Melanie Gibb at the “Preparing a People” conference in Caldwell, Idaho in 2019.

1:56 p.m. Prior begins by asking about the attached building on Daybell’s house. Gilbert says there’s a mechanical room, a storage room and a room up above the area. Prior asked who used the attached building. Gilbert says the whole family used it and there was a bed upstairs.

1:55 p.m. Gilbert did not give up his home for bond. Gilbert recalls Chad saying that Tylee didn’t really like him. Blake asks if there are stairs in the Daybell home. Gilbert says there are some in the back part of the home. Prior will now cross examine.

1:53 p.m. After Lori was brought back to Rexburg and booked in jail, Chad visited the Gilberts. “When he walked in the door, he said Christ has sent me here to ask you guys if you would be willing to put your home up for bond to get Lori out of jail.”

1:52 p.m. Gilbert says when they would see Chad, he would tell them that Tammy had appeared to him in spirit at least twice and she was doing fine. She understood the plan and was going to move on in the spirit world. Chad’s mission was to be married to Lori and his children were fine with it.

1:51 p.m. Blake asks who was in the wedding photos. Just Chad and Lori – nobody else.

1:50 p.m. Chad and Lori returned to the Gilberts after they got married. They wanted to show them all of their wedding photos “which was quite a few.” They talked about a family trip with Chad’s kids to Disneyland and Knott’s Berry Farm around Thanksgiving. They never mentioned taking Lori’s kids on the trip.

1:49 p.m. Chad told the Gilberts he and Lori were going to move to Hawaii. Gilbert asked Lori if she had been married before. Lori says her husband had died of a heart attack in December 2018. Gilbert asked Lori if she had any children. She said she had several. Chad “popped up and said she had a daughter who had just died.”

1:47 p.m. Two or three days later, Chad and Lori went to the Gilberts. “They were real happy, excited with each other. We invited them to sit on the couch. They ended up sitting real close to each other holding hands. I seen Chad rubbing her leg. I thought that was kind of odd – you’re carrying on like a teenager in love.” Tammy had only been dead a week and a half. Gilbert had never seen Chad like this before.

1:46 p.m. Chad told the Gilberts that Tammy’s mission was over in this life and Lori was to fulfill her mission with Chad now. Chad said Lori and her friends were going to be in the area and asked the Gilberts if they would like to meet her. The Gilberts work in the temple and they met Lori and Chad at the temple.

1:44 p.m. Gilbert and his wife called Chad a few days after the funeral and said they wanted to bring him a pizza. Chad said he would instead come to their house. He arrived around 6 p.m. Chad told the Gilberts he had a girlfriend. “We about fell on the floor,” he says. Chad seemed hesitant to tell them but he said her name was Lori Vallow. Gilbert had heard that name before on a podcast. They had never met in person.

1:42 p.m. Gilbert attended Tammy’s funeral. He says things moved fast to have a funeral for your spouse when they died on Saturday and services were Tuesday. Gilbert says before the funeral started, Chad was standing by the casket. Gilbert spoke with him and looked at Tammy in the casket. “We felt like we needed closure with Tammy. He seemed like he was in a hurry to get it over with.”

1:39 p.m. The day the Gilberts visited the Daybell’s, they left and got breakfast for everyone at McDonald’s. They returned to the house and Garth told them to leave the food on the table. The day after the funeral, the Gilberts took dinner to the Daybell’s around 6. Chad told Gilbert he needed to move out and had a friend on Pioneer Road in Rexburg he was planning to move into. Gilbert figured it was a man.

1:38 p.m. Gilbert said they saw Tammy shopping at Walmart. She looked fine. They saw her at church at least once a week and saw her in the yard. She always looked fine.

1:36 p.m. Gilbert told Chad it looks like it happened – meaning the prophecy from February that Tammy would die. Chad turned away from the kids and told Gilbert he had not told the kids about the vision. Gilbert asked Chad if he had any idea what happened to Tammy. Chad said Tammy got up around midnight, had a big coughing spell, threw up and went back to bed. Chad figured Tammy died around 2 a.m. from an embolism and around 5:30 a.m., the weight of her body rolled out of the bed onto the floor.

1:34 p.m. On Oct. 19, 2019, around 7 a.m., the Gilberts received a call from Emma. She was upset and Chad took the phone. Gilbert learned from the call that Tammy had died. The Gilberts went over around 8:15 a.m. to the Daybell house. “Chad didn’t seem like he was real sad like I would expect somebody to be after their spouse had passed on. He seemed business-like to me. I thought it was kind of strange.”

1:33 p.m. Blake asks Gilbert about Chad visiting his home in February 2019. Gilbert and his wife were removing tile in a bedroom. Chad sent a text saying he wanted to come over. As he was leaving, he told Gilbert that Tammy’s life mission was going to come to an end before her 50th birthday. Gilbert didn’t know how old Tammy was but figured she was around 48.

1:31 p.m. Gilbert understood all of Chad’s books to be fictional based on his near-death experiences. Gilbert says Chad spoke to him about events he had seen in his visions and things that would happen in the future. The things Chad told him did not always align with standard LDS doctrine, Gilbert says.

1:30 p.m. Gilbert saw Chad about once a week – usually at church. Gilbert would sometimes go over and help Chad with plumbing. Gilbert says Chad sometimes spoke about his religious beliefs and they “didn’t ring true” with him.

1:28 p.m. Gilbert says he heard of Chad Daybell in 2015 – that he was an author. Gilbert read most of Chad’s books before they ever met in person. Todd and Alice moved to Salem in March 2017. That’s when he met Chad and Tammy in person.

1:27 p.m. Next witness is Todd Gilbert, Alice’s husband.

1:25 p.m. Gilbert recalls about Chad telling her that Lori had a daughter who had recently passed. As she testifies, Chad rolls his eyes and nods his head. Blake asks Gilbert if she’s aware the remains of Lori’s children were found on Chad’s property. Gilbert says yes. Blake has no further questions. Gilbert is released from her subpoena.

1:23 p.m. Prior has no further questions. Blake is back up for re-direct. Blake asks Gilbert if she knew where Chad went every morning. Gilbert doesn’t know but sometimes saw that his vehicle was gone. She once asked Chad about this and he said he could go to the college. Blake asks about the stairs. Prior objects. Boyce overrules it. Gilbert says all of the residence is not one story.

1:22 p.m. Prior asks Gilbert if Chad was trying to hide his whereabouts. Gilbert says he didn’t with them. Prior is questioning Gilbert about the children and she chokes up. She says she couldn’t get a straight answer out of Chad about the missing kids.

1:21 p.m. Prior asks who was living in the home at the time of Tammy’s passing. Gilbert says Garth was and perhaps Seth was. Mark was on his mission and Emma lived in the home nearby. Leah, the other daughter, lives in Utah.

1:19 p.m. Prior asks Gilbert if she is aware of the utilities on the addition of the house. Blake continually objects that Prior is testifying and Boyce sustains the objections. Gilbert doesn’t know specifics of the living conditions in the home.

1:17 p.m. Prior asked about Melanie Gibb. He asks Gilbert how she knows her. Gilbert says she came upon Gibb’s podcast and that’s where she heard about Lori. Prior asks Gilbert if she has been to Chad’s house and if it’s a one story house. Gilbert says there’s an addition to the house – you walk through a breezeway and up stairs.

1:16 p.m. Prior asks about the meal Gilbert and her presidency took over to the house. Gilbert says she involved the bishop and went over to the house with the food.

1:15 p.m. Prior asks Gilbert where the Daybells sat in the building. She says toward the middle of the chapel but after Emma had a baby, they moved toward the back. Prior asks about Chad parking his truck at the Salem church every morning. Gilbert has no idea.

1:14 p.m. Prior asks Gilbert how often she saw Tammy. They had their meetings on Wednesday mornings for 1-2 hours and then on Sundays. Four people were present at the Wednesday meetings.

1:13 p.m. Blake has no further questions for Gilbert. Prior will now cross examine.

1:12 p.m. The previous February, Chad went over to the Gilberts and mentioned he had a vision that Tammy was going to pass away before her 50th birthday. He didn’t know how or when. Chad told the Gilberts that Tammy liked to play games on the computer and that her grandmother had come to Chad. The grandmother told Chad to tell Tammy that she was not happy that Tammy was wasting her time on the computer.

1:11 p.m. When Chad asked Gilbert about the bond, she was “a little miffed.” “I asked him, ‘where are the children? Where’s Tylee? She’s a teenager. Doesn’t she want a life? Doesn’t she want a job? A life and a boyfriend?’ He said, ‘She didn’t like people and she didn’t like me,'” Gilbert says. Gilbert noted Chad used the past tense – “didn’t.”

1:09 p.m. The Gilberts said they would think about it. The next day, Chad texted and said he was going to come over with the bond woman. The Gilberts said no – they would not help him post bond. Gilbert confronted Chad about him saying that Lori had a daughter who passed away but then saying later it was a custody battle.

1:08 p.m. Gilbert was okay if Chad spent the night but not live with them. “When he came in, he was quite upset and he said he had to get her out of jail. He cried and said it was killed her to be in jail and could we put our house up for bond. We asked him if he had family that could help him. He said no.”

1:07 p.m. Gilbert was surprised they got married so soon. Gilbert recalls Chad visiting their home again after Lori was arrested in Hawaii. Chad had moved back to Idaho. “He asked us if we would put our house up for her bond,” Gilbert says. He also asked if he could live with the Gilberts.

1:06 p.m. Gilbert learned Chad and Lori got married in Hawaii. After their marriage, Chad visited the Gilberts and showed them wedding photos. “He was quite excited to show us the wedding pictures,” Gilbert says.

1:05 p.m. When Gilbert learned in November that JJ and Tylee were missing, she called Chad and asked if the kids belonged to Lori. Chad said yes and that it was a custody issue but would eventually all be resolved.

1:03 p.m. Back in the courtroom. Blake continues to question Gilbert.
OMG I DON'T HAVE THE TIME THE WORDS OR THE ENERGY. The Ballard stuff, all of it. Chad worried about health insurance AND life insurance. Who ARE these people??!!!

Sorry I just dont' have it in me right now but both Ballard and the Gilberts are very damning thank goodness to Chad but at the same time WTH are they doing? And the church, the ways and all this b.s.?

Reading all of this one is like a WTH or WTF? Chad was worried about HEALTH INSURANCE? Again I just DON'T have it in me right now to go into. It is like the Gilberts, great witnesses but WTH? WAtched podcasts, read Chad's books, etc. prior even. Moved to Rexburg for that matter....

I know what I mean but am way muddled right now as to putting it into words. The church is and always has been the elephant in the room puts it best.

The reason he’s trying to get everybody to say there’s only one story is because one of the witnesses last week gave damming testimony about Chad going upstairs or coming downstairs. I can’t remember the details right now.
His story about Tammy dying. He went upstairs with her and to be dwith her. He didn't. He stayed downstairs and she went up to bed. Etc.. Etc. Many different versions.

I hate to be this way but did she look all proud of him?

The SIL did say she called and apologized but the father never did. And this is the State. So I am guessing mom is going to be somewhat against him... We shall see I guess. I am off. I need to put the actual live on, probably through Linda.

Had little time last week as traveling but liking Linda's when I do get a moment. Nate is great but since he is in attendance, he is not talking like Linda before and on breaks with streaming.

Done. Kay was very careful answering Prior. Took her time but slipped in some tidbits of testimony kind of like he tries to do as an attorney who shouldn't testify in his questions lol. It's what I would and have been like as a witness lol. Now we have some Angela Yancey or some such. No idea who that is.

Thursday 2nd - Morning update

CHAD DAYBELL TRIAL​

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE TRIAL LIVE
Please excuse the typos. These are live updates from the courtroom.

11:56 a.m. Chad called Heather a pot-stirrer. Wixom suggests we take a lunch break now and questioning of Heather will continue after lunch. See you at 1 p.m.

11:55 a.m. Heather didn’t understand what she had done to Chad her whole life that created a problem. Chad didn’t explain. Heather did not want to meet Lori because she was upset he had remarried weeks after Tammy passed. “It seemed almost cruel for his children.”

11:54 a.m. Chad told Heather he was going to be living in Hawaii so she wouldn’t have to worry about him anymore. Heather doesn’t remembering challenging Chad because she was so shocked by what he had said. Heather asked how he could get married so quickly after Tammy died. Chad said he had met Lori about a year before and her husband had died of a heart attack.

11:52 a.m. Around 3-4 weeks later, Heather had learned he was remarried and his children were struggling and upset. Heather reached out in a group text to his kids to let them know she was there to help them. Chad called Heather and was upset. He said that Heather had a been a problem for him his whole life. Heather asked who he had married. Chad said it was Lori and would Heather like to meet her. Heather said no and asked what happened to Tammy. Chad said she died of a pulmonary embolism because Tammy had gained 40 lbs. Heather had not noticed a big weight gain on Tammy.

11:50 a.m. Heather says Chad was late to his own wife’s funeral luncheon. “I assumed he would be there with everyone else.” Heather remembers Jason, Chad’s brother-in-law, announcing they would just get started without Chad. Heather says everything seemed like a normal day to Chad. He didn’t seem upset.

11:49 a.m. “Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel” is a song about work and pushing along – not a funeral song. Heather thought Chad was being disingenuous at the funeral. Heather observed Chad and his kids at the viewing. She thought it was strange Chad was smiling and then suddenly crying. “His demeanor seemed strange to me.”

11:48 a.m. Heather said the opening song of the funeral was, “Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel.” Chad and all his kids spoke and the bishop concluded the service. Heather was the Stake Relief Society President at the time and planned/helped with a lot of funerals.

11:47 a.m. Chad told Heather the funeral would be in two days. Heather told Chad they weren’t even home and another brother was out of town. Heather asked if they could wait until everyone got home so they could attend. Chad said no, they just wanted to get it done. Heather and Matt left Las Vegas to get to Springville.

11:46 a.m. Heather said Chad felt scripted and it made her feel very uneasy. She asked if they were going to do an autopsy. Chad said no, a coroner had come and looked at Tammy and found matter in her throat that caused her to die.

11:44 a.m. Matt left for his conference and Heather called Chad. She expressed her condolences and shock and asked what happened to Tammy. Chad said Tammy had not been feeling well, started coughing around 10 p.m. and went to sleep. Around midnight, she started coughing and vomited. Tammy went back to bed. Chad slept from midnight to 6 a.m. because the sheet that was on him came off of him and he heard a thud. He found Tammy had fallen off the bed. Chad said Tammy had been gone for a little while because she was “hard.”

11:43 a.m. Matt and Heather were at a work conference in Las Vegas on the morning of Oct. 19 when Matt got a call from his parents saying Tammy had died. They didn’t know much but said they would call back when they learned more. “I was very upset,” Heather says.

11:42 a.m. Heather and Matt were in the same LDS ward as Chad and Tammy. They saw each other at church. Heather says she tried not to have interactions with Chad at church but would try to chat with Tammy and the kids.

11:41 a.m. Heather says Chad and Tammy’s bedroom was down in the main part of the home. To get to the cozy cone from the Daybell’s bedroom, you’d have to go up or down some stairs, Heather says.

11:39 a.m. Wixom display a photo on the screen showing the back portion of the home and an area the Daybells called the “cozy cone.” Wixom asks Heather to describe it. She says you enter the house and go up some stairs to get into the cozy cone. Mark kept his instruments up there. Heather understood when Garth moved to Rexburg, his room was in the cozy cone.

11:38 a.m. Boyce sustains the objection for some of the photos but will allow part of the exhibit in.

11:36 a.m. Prior objects to some of the photos and asks Heather if she has seen particular items in the photos or the pictures themselves.

11:34 a.m. Wixom moves to admit some photos showing Chad’s home.

11:32 a.m. Chad’s home was about a half mile from Heather and Matt’s. When Chad and Tammy moved in, Heather took some bread over, gave suggestions on doctors, visited the house, etc.

11:31 a.m. Heather’s intent of the conversation was to ask if Tammy was doing ok with the move. Tammy said she had prayed about it and felt like it was a good thing for their family. Tammy told Heather she didn’t have any confirmation that Chad’s visions were going to happen.

11:29 a.m. Heather was becoming concerned with how Tammy was doing. Heather and Matt invited Chad and Tammy over to their home. Chad told Heather that if she has any questions, they all need to be directed to Chad, not Tammy. “I did not follow that instruction and Tammy was a grown woman so I directed my questions to her.”

11:27 a.m. Wixom asks Heather if she feels Chad’s children believed his father’s visions. She says she believes all the children did. Heather says her oldest son came to her and Matt in 2014. Their son said Chad had approached him and said he was going to be a great leader in the gathering. Heather went to Chad and told him not to discuss these issues with her children.

11:25 a.m. Heather tried to help Tammy when they moved to Rexburg but the relationship with her and Chad became strange. Heather says Chad told her he would come home with visions and Tammy would look at him, roll her eyes and then go pray about it.

11:23 a.m. Heather was concerned that Chad was trying to convince his family and others that the earthquake and other events were going to happen in 2015. A week or two after Chad and Tammy left, they called Heather and Matt to say they put an offer on a home near them and would be moving to Rexburg. Heather says she cried. She was very upset. She asked her husband to talk him out of it but the home was already in process of being purchased.

11:22 a.m. Chad and Tammy went to look at homes and told Heather and Matt they didn’t find a home they liked. They asked if they could store some stuff in a shed. Heather and Matt agreed to let them leave their stuff and were under the impression they wouldn’t be moving soon.

11:20 a.m. Chad was spreading his visions to other church members and Heather was concerned. Heather told Chad she wasn’t feeling good about what he was saying and “I was very blunt.” Chad doesn’t show a lot of reaction, Heather says. He didn’t argue or anything. Matt and Heather decided years ago they wanted to live apart from family and made a home for themselves in Rexburg. They told Chad if they moved to Rexburg, that’s fine but please don’t move into their neighborhood or ward. “I knew why he was coming and I didn’t want him trying to draw in people from my ward and having people think we were involved or believed in him.”

11:19 a.m. Heather did not believe the teachings and was concerned. Chad said he was going to be telling people about the destruction and visions. Heather said in the belief system she had at the time (the LDS Church), some average person doesn’t get information like Chad was getting. “It wouldn’t come through someone like Chad.”

11:17 a.m. Heather and Matt asked Chad point blank why they felt the need to move. Chad told Heather and Matt they would become great leaders in this gathering of people because of destruction in Utah, that their land would help with that and Heather’s home would become like a church or temple. Chad felt like he needed to be in Rexburg with his family because the LDS Church headquarters would have to move to Rexburg because of the destruction.

11:16 a.m. Chad said he was seeing these things in visions and Julie Rowe was also teaching these prophecies, according to Heather. In 2014, Chad told his family he was planning to move to Rexburg with his wife and kids. Heather had a detailed conversation about the move when Chad came to look for homes in Rexburg.

11:15 a.m. In 2014, the relationship changed when Chad started talking about the end of times and was publishing Julie Rowe’s books. Heather was not comfortable with what Chad was saying. Chad indicated an earthquake would be happening in 2015 and he was preparing them for these end time events that would cause a lot of destruction in the Salt Lake area.

11:14 a.m. Heather says there was a normal amount of contact over the years with Chad and Tammy. Wixom asks Heather to describe the nature of her relationship with Chad. “In the beginning, it was normal as any in-law relationship would be. We moved away but when we’d get together, we would talk – mainly about his books,” Heather says. She says things were cordial and nothing out of the ordinary.

11:12 a.m. Heather recently had surgery and may need to take some breaks during her testimony. Heather and Matt have been married 30 years and started dating 35 years ago. Heather has known Chad for more than 30 years.

11:11 a.m. The court exclusionary rule is not applicable to Heather likely because she is the sister-in-law of a victim, Tammy Daybell.

11:06 a.m. Wixom will question Heather, who is married to Matt. Prior asks for a quick sidebar with the judge and prosecution.

11:05 a.m. Next witness is Heather Daybell.

11:04 a.m. Prior has nothing further. Batey will re-direct. She asks Sheila if it’s common in the LDS faith to get married after your spouse dies. “Not common,” she responds. There are no further questions and Sheila is dismissed from her subpoena.

11:02 a.m. Prior says Chad and Lori got married quickly. He asks about Chad being visibly upset on the day Tammy died. Sheila says several people came over while she and Jack were at Chad’s house for around 4-5 hours. Prior asks if Chad was being businesslike. Sheila says he was acting like someone whose partner had just passed away.

11:01 a.m. Prior asks if it was a shock that her son went from someone like Tammy to someone like Lori. Prior asks if, in the LDS faith, it’s not uncommon to get married quickly. Sheila thinks for a moment and says, “Not uncommon.” Prior says when young men return from missions, they get married quickly.

10:59 a.m. “Would it be fair to say your son is an introvert?” Sheila says yes. Prior: “He’s not a gregarious personality, is he?” Sheila says no. Prior says, “Your son Chad is not necessarily the man of the world. He didn’t have a lot of experiences dealing with relationships.” Sheila says that’s correct.

10:58 a.m. Sheila says Lori was very friendly and upbeat. Prior asks if she would use the terms “charming, convincing, persuasive.” Sheila says yes. Prior asks Sheila if her son Chad is shy. “He can be.”

10:56 a.m. Prior asks Sheila about Emily, her daughter-in-law, providing her with information about Lori having a daughter. Sheila met with Lt. Ron Ball in Dec. 2019.

10:55 a.m. Prior asks Sheila to say the names of her children and in-laws. He notes that Matt Daybell is in the courtroom wearing a green shirt.

10:54 a.m. Sheila didn’t know where Chad and Lori were living. She assumed they were living in Idaho but a few weeks later learned they had moved to Hawaii. Sheila would sometimes talk to them on the phone and they never mentioned Lori having young children in Hawaii. Prior will now cross examine.

10:52 a.m. Lori told Sheila her husband had recently died of a heart attack. Lori said she had a daughter who had died but didn’t say how old the child was. Lori didn’t say anything about having a young son. Chad didn’t say anything when Lori mentioned these things.

10:51 a.m. Batey asks Sheila about the middle of November 2019. Sheila and Jack met Chad for dinner at Texas Roadhouse in Idaho Falls. Lori Vallow was also there. Sheila had never met Lori. Sheila noticed Chad and Lori had rings on. Jack asked if they were engaged and they said, “No, we’re married.” This was a month after Tammy’s death.

10:50 a.m. Chad called Sheila on Oct. 19 to say Tammy had died. Sheila and Jack immediately drove to Idaho. She says Chad was upset and Chad’s children were upset. Sheila attended Tammy’s memorial service.

10:49 a.m. Sheila says the last time she saw Tammy Daybell was on Oct. 13, 2019 at Tammy’s home in Idaho. Sheila and Jack traveled for a baby blessing. Sheila says Tammy seemed fine when she visited.

10:48 a.m. Sheila is married to Jack Daybell. They have five children – Chad, Paul, Matt, Brad, Becky.

10:46 a.m. Sheila Daybell, Chad Daybell’s mother, is called to the stand. Special Prosecutor Ingrid Batey will question Sheila. Chad nods to his mom as she takes the stand.

10:44 a.m. We are back in the courtroom. Boyce is on the bench and jurors are being brought in.

10:17 a.m. Wixom has nothing further. Yancey is released from the stand. It’s now time for our morning break. We will be back in around 20 minutes.

10:16 a.m. Wixom asks why this situation was traumatic. Yancey says the death of an employee is traumatic and the subsequent information was traumatic as well – the involvement of Lori and the missing children.

10:15 a.m. Prior has no further questions. Wixom has some re-direct.

10:13 a.m. Prior asks if the insurance company gets more money if people increased their life insurance. Yancey says they got a commission on the number of people enrolled but not if premiums go up.

10:10 a.m. Prior asks if the insurance is very reasonable. Yancey says yes. Yancey oversaw 200 employees. Prior asks Yancey why she specifically remembers her encounter with Chad. “I believe any incident that is traumatic sticks in your memory,” Yancey responds.

10:08 a.m. Prior displays the form on the screen and asks Yancey some follow up questions about Chad’s life insurance as part of the plan.

10:05 a.m. Prior asks if Yancey was aware of Chad’s employment and the fact he didn’t have health insurance. She was not. Prior asks Yancey what Tammy’s salary was. Prior suggests she made around $16,000 a year working 35 hours a week.

10:04 a.m. Prior asks if there are a number of factors people look at when getting life insurance. Yancey agrees.

10:02 a.m. Prior asks if the number of death certificates would pertain to how many entities need copies for other policies. “If he were to have another life insurance policy or two, he would need death certificates for that, correct?” Yancey says that’s right.

10:01 a.m. Chad returned to file the claim on Oct. 25. Yancey was out of town until Oct. 30 and Chad returned first thing on that date to get the claim filed. Wixom has no further questions.

9:59 a.m. Yancey says most of the time, she would need to search out employee families after deaths to remind them they had life insurance. It was rare that Chad came in so quickly and wanted the insurance money.

9:58 a.m. Chad was the primary beneficiary of the policy at 100%. No other beneficiaries were included on the plan.

9:57 a.m. The next exhibit is a life insurance payout of $130,000 to Chad Daybell from LifeMap. The check was dated Nov. 8, 2019.

9:55 a.m. The next exhibit is the employer statement portion of the claim. This is where the employer fills out information concerning the employee. Yancey completed this form.

9:54 a.m. Wixom shows the beneficiary statement on the screen. Chad filled it out. The first question on the form is, “When did health of deceased first become impaired?” Chad wrote, “Oct. 18, 2019.”

9:52 a.m. Yancey gave Chad a claim form and explained the process. Yancey says it was unusual that Chad came in so quickly. Tammy had passed away Saturday and was in the office Monday morning. He had already ordered the death certificates.

9:51 a.m. On Monday morning, Oct. 21, Chad went into the district office to inquire about filing the life insurance claim. Yancey told him they had to receive a death certificate. Chad said, “That’s ok. I’ve ordered eight of them.” Yancey says eight is not a normal number of death certificates to request.

9:50 a.m. Wixom asks if there is an open enrollment period. Yancey says it starts in August and goes into September. The due date is Sept. 15 but becomes effective Sept. 1. Tammy filled out the form on Sept. 8.

9:47 a.m. Tammy elected $20,000 of life insurance for Chad. She had $10,000 on Chad before and increased it to $20,000.

9:45 a.m. Wixom displays Tammy Daybell’s change of life insurance form on the screen. Tammy asks to have her insurance increased an additional $80,000 – the maximum amount she could ask for. The next exhibit shows the signatures of Tammy and Chad Daybell on the form. Tammy elected spouse coverage for Chad.

9:44 a.m. Wixom asks Yancey to explain the process an employee follows to increase their life insurance. She says employees fill out a form and can increase up to 5x their salary. Once the employee fills out the form, it’s submitted to Yancey and sent to the insurance company.

9:39 a.m. Yancey says when Tammy was first hired, she elected for the minimum about of life insurance – $10,000. A $50,000 policy was also offered by the district for all employees. So the first year of Tammy’s employment, she had $60,000 of life insurance. The second year of Tammy’s employment, she did not increase the amount.

9:36 a.m. Yancey lives in Idaho Falls and previously worked in payroll and benefits for Sugar Salem School District. She didn’t have a lot of interaction with Tammy as Yancey worked in the district office. Once a year, Yancey did a benefits meeting for employees. Benefits included medical, dental, vision, life insurance.

9:35 a.m. Next witness is Angela Yancey. Fremont County Dep. Prosecuting Attorney Rocky Wixom will question Yancey.

9:34 a.m. Wood follows up and asks Kay to clarify the dates for the Amazon searches. Wood has nothing further.

9:33 a.m. Kay says Lori was buying wedding stuff on Charles’ credit card. Prior has nothing further. Wood will now re-direct.

9:31 a.m. Prior asks about the Amazon search. He asks when Lori started looking for the items. “On Nov. 8, I saw she was searching for items on Oct. 2.” Prior asks Kay if Chad had access to Lori’s Amazon account. Kay says she has no idea.

9:29 a.m. Prior asks Kay if she is aware that on April 16, Charles Vallow changed his beneficiary back to Lori Vallow on his life insurance. Kay was aware he had changed it and assumed it was to Lori. Prior asks Kay when the beneficiary was changed back to her. Kay says she isn’t sure – there were issues with the insurance company.

9:27 a.m. Kay says Lori was back and forth to Hawaii. Kay later learned Tylee made a few trips to Hawaii with her mom but Kay didn’t know where Tylee was or who she was staying with.

9:26 a.m. Prior asks Kay if she knew Lori spent 60 days in Hawaii. Kay says she has learned that Lori made several trips to Hawaii during the 70 days she was not talking to JJ. JJ ended up with Charles from the first of February into the first part of April.

9:24 a.m. Prior asks Kay about Lori and Charles moving to different places at different times – Hawaii, Houston, Arizona.

9:19 a.m. Kay and Larry went to Rexburg in early January 2020. They offered a reward for help in finding JJ and Tylee. They met with Rexburg police. Kay became aware of the kids being found on June 9, 2020. Wood has nothing further. Prior will now cross examine.

9:18 a.m. The search had been done on Oct. 2, 2019. Kay knew Tammy died Oct. 19. “It was mind-blowing that they were looking at wedding rings before Tammy’s death.” Prior objects, Boyce sustains.

9:15 a.m. The Amazon email on the account belonging to Charles was about a delivery. The address was an apartment #175 on Pioneer Road in Rexburg. Kay opened the Amazon account browsing history. “It was jaw dropping. I saw a search for malachite wedding rings, there was one purchased for $35 or $36.99, I saw searches for women’s beach wedding dresses, I saw that she looked at or purchased a yellow one piece bathing suit and another search for men’s linen beach clothes size large.”

9:13 a.m. Kay had access to Charles’ email account, passwords and bank accounts. On Nov. 8, 2019, Kay was trying to hook up a printer to Kay’s computer. It was 4:30 a.m. “with a compulsion to go finish hooking up my computer to his printer.” Kay noticed Charles’ Gmail account login page was open on her screen. Kay logged in and found an email from Amazon.

9:11 a.m. After Brandon Boudreaux’s attempted murder, Kay and Brandon began talking. They hired a private investigator and split the cost.

9:10 a.m. Kay says once she knew Charles was dead, she knew JJ was in trouble because Lori didn’t want JJ, Tylee or Charles anymore. “She was done.” Kay reached out to Det. Nate Moffatt at Chandler police to share her concerns. After the last FaceTime with JJ on Aug. 10, Kay said she spoke often with law enforcement to express her concerns about JJ.

9:08 a.m. Kay says she didn’t know Charles had died until July 12. Lori texted Charles’ two oldest sons and said their father was dead. One of the sons contacted Kay and said Charles was dead. Kay thought it was a joke because Charles was healthy. Larry then Googled Charles Vallow’s name and read he had been killed the day before.

9:07 a.m. Kay tried to make arrangements with Lori for JJ to attend his dad’s memorial service. Kay bought a plane ticket for JJ and everything was set but after Lori found out about the insurance, Lori said they were too busy and moving to Hawaii and it would be too much for JJ to attend.

9:06 a.m. Kay says from the time Charles was murdered to Aug. 10 (one month), they were only able to see JJ on FaceTime twice. “Any contact with us, she was limiting it.” After Aug. 10, Kay emailed, texted, left voicemails for Lori. “She would never respond. Not one time did she respond.”

9:05 a.m. Kay recalls having a 7th birthday party for JJ in May 2019 at a pizza place with friends and cousins. “It was the last birthday we’d ever have with him.” The last time Kay saw JJ was on Aug. 10, 2019 on FaceTime. Kay says after Charles was killed, they had a very hard time getting in touch with Lori.

9:03 a.m. Kay says she never spoke with Charles again about the policy. She didn’t know she was the beneficiary until the insurance company called after Charles was killed. She received the money months after Charles died. Wood asks if Lori ever contacted Kay about the insurance. Kay says toward the end of July 2019, Lori texted and said something like, “Is this why you want JJ? I’ve got five kids and no money and you get everything.”

9:01 a.m. Wood asks if Kay ever had a conversation with her brother about her being beneficiary on his life insurance policy. Kay says yes. He had a $1 million life insurance policy and Kay committed to give Charles’ two adult sons $250,000 each, which she did do in January 2020, and Charles said the other 50% was for Kay and Larry because they would end up raising JJ – if anything happened to Charles. Kay says it was a very short conversation and she never knew if he followed through and changed the policy.

9 a.m. Kay says Charles was headed for divorce. “The day he was murdered, on July 11, he had made arrangements to meet with a friend who was going to show him a house to lease not far from Lori’s,” Kay says. Wood asks Kay how Charles died. “Two gunshot wounds to the chest.”

8:59 a.m. Kay had access to her brother’s email accounts. After Lori came to Houston, Kay continued to see JJ. In May, Charles started visiting Kay and Larry on weekends so JJ could visit with them. Charles rented Lori a house in Chandler in June.

8:57 a.m. Kay says in mid-April 2019, Lori visited Houston. Charles really wanted to reconcile with Lori but Lori wasn’t interested. Charles was a financial planner and asked Kay to help him with his business. She did payroll, accounts payable, Excel spreadsheets, etc.

8:55 a.m. Kay would sometimes bring JJ home with her to Louisiana or she would stay with him in Chandler if Charles was working. Toward the end of March, Kay helped Charles pack up his house in Arizona and helped moved him to Houston so he would be closer to Louisiana, where Kay and Larry live. Houston is 150 miles from Lake Charles.

8:54 a.m. Wood asks Kay if she saw JJ in January 2019. She says Lori and Charles separated at the end of January. Kay flew out to Arizona at the end of January to help Charles with JJ because Charles was very distraught. Nobody would tell Charles where Lori went.

8:52 a.m. Wood shows a photo of Tylee on the screen and asks Kay who it is. “Tylee Ryan,” Kay responds. Wood asks Kay if she ever met Alex Cox. Kay did meet him in passing a handful of times but never really sat down and had a conversation with him.

8:51 a.m. Kay says Lori and Charles were loving to JJ. They studied autism and how to handle his meltdowns. When Larry and Kay would visit, Charles and Lori would often leave and go away for a day or two so the grandparents should spend time with JJ.

8:49 a.m. Kay says she and Larry had a really hard time letting JJ go. They would see him every 2-3 months. Charles and Lori moved to Hawaii in 2014. Kay would go visit JJ in Hawaii. Kay says she was very close with Charles. “He was the proud dad. He would send pictures and videos of JJ all the time. We were very close.”

8:48 a.m. Charles and Lori approached Kay and Larry early on and asked if they would consider letting them adopt JJ. Larry and Kay agreed but wanted to maintain the role of grandparents in JJ’s life. When Charles and Lori adopted JJ, they changed his name to Joshua Jackson Vallow.

8:46 a.m. JJ was born ten weeks premature and weighed around 2.5 lbs. He was born with drugs in his system and spent some time in the hospital. After JJ was out of the hospital, he lived with Larry and Kay. Charles Vallow was Kay’s older brother. Charles was married to Lori Vallow.

8:45 a.m. Wood displays a photo of JJ. He asks Kay who it is. “My grandson — JJ Vallow.” Kay explains that her son and girlfriend had a baby. They named him Canaan Trahan. They were unable to care for him so he came to live with Kay and Larry.

8:44 a.m. Kay Woodcock takes the stand as the state’s first witness today. Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood will question Kay.

8:43 a.m. A juror was unable to attend today due to illness. Boyce says he has been dismissed from the trial. Boyce and the attorneys had a sidebar this morning about the issue.

8:42 a.m. Boyce is on the bench and jurors have entered the courtroom. Around 30-40 people in the gallery today.

8:36 a.m. The attorneys are not in the courtroom yet. They are likely meeting with Judge Boyce.

8:32 a.m. Chad Daybell is sitting alone at the defense table wearing a blue dress shirt and red tie. Matt Daybell is sitting next to Kay Woodcock and Vicki Hoban, Tammy Daybell’s aunt. Larry Woodcock is also sitting with them.

8:28 a.m. We are in the courtroom. Sheila Daybell, Chad Daybell’s mother, was escorted into the courthouse this morning. We also saw Heather and Matt Daybell (Chad’s brother) in the lobby of the courthouse. Matt is in the courtroom. Heather is not. She and Sheila may be testifying today. Video of Sheila entering here.

Last edited:
Tammy's salary was $16k pa. That doesn't sound very much but she probably had generous holidays, I guess, plus the health and life insurance benefits. Still, Chad didnt bring any money in at all and I don't suppose the book sales covered the publishing costs. He even said it himself. So she was bringing up a family of 7 on that salary ie about $300 a week.

Last edited:
Tammy's salary was $16k pa. That doesn't sound very much but she probably had generous holidays, I guess, plus the health and life insurance benefits. Still, Chad didnt bring any money in at all and I don't suppose the book sales covered the publishing costs. He even said it himself. So she was bringing up a family of 7 on that salary.
Where did you get that? Think I heard 30 to 40 but think it was s Prior ballparking. $16 is PT salary anywhere. I make more than that in retail.

I do agree she was the sole breadwinner and he was a drain on the finances with his trips, gf's, publishing costs for lack of book sales, etc.

Prior is questioning Chad's mom right now and trying to make inroads as to Chad's personality, Loris' personality and persuavieness, etc. Gag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aegrisomnias
Back