JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori *GUILTY* & Chad Daybell for murder

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
Back on the affidavit this morning.

This next part concerns Melanie Gibb. People watching "It's a Crime" were concerned that Melanie G didn't tell the truth in her interview. I disagree. She omitted information, but that could be because LE asked her not to release it at some point. I also don't remember her saying she was with anyone when she visited Lori on Sept 19 - 23, but she probably didn't have her BF's permission to talk about his role in the case. I give her a 100% pass on those issues because quite frankly, she didn't have to tell the public anything if she didn't want to. These are witnesses to a probable serial killing, not our entertainment.

There's my thoughts on Melanie. Now "let's get into it", as Linda says.
I am just reading back on what I missed. I agree with you. I am not worried about it. I will bet she entirely cleared through LE what she could say and what it best she not share. The bf being with surprised me but it was not necessary to share that for any reason during the interview. In fact, it would have likely started a "I wonder if he was part of this cult" and involved and more online and I doubt LE would want that either. If she is lying, it will come out. I thought even at time of interview she omitted and was careful in a few spots but overall I found her believable. But I have been fooled before.

So long as her interview was part and her testimony has more, if nothing is changed I think all is good. However, if there is a flat out contradiction from one to the other about something, then there is a big problem?

So long as LE in particular already knew the bf was with her, she was likely just not giving his name so he gets blasted all over the internet. I also do not believe Nate ever asked her if she was alone...

Just my take on it.

This post is going to be as general as I can be without getting too graphic. Please read the affidavit if you want details.

JJ's body was found first on Daybell's property. He was wrapped tightly in black plastic and secured with duct tape.

Tylee's charred remains were found among animal bones, as she was buried in the Daybell's pet cemetery.
I figured for some reason she would be the one who was, I don't have the words, whose body was more mistreated. I truly don't know why. I figure she was older, may have given more attiitude, seen through some things and just not as easy to hide/bury. I too am choosing words carefully. Yet I also thought Tylee was her bio child perhaps I will be wrong... These are very twisted individuals no doubt.

Daybell watched LE recover the kids' remains from his daughter's house, who lived across the street. As LE observed him leaving her residence, they pursued him in his vehicle and arrested him.

An odd thing in my mind is that his daughter moved out of her house and into Chad's a day or two after her father's arrest. That seems so weird to me, unless they already were planning on this and it just happened to fall at the same time as his arrest.

That's the affidavit in a nutshell. Again, I suggest you read it for yourselves. What do you think about it? Do you think they will be able to use Alex as their scapegoat somehow?
It threw me her moving right in too. My guess is somehow in all of this he deeded it to her OR she gave him money for it and he then deeded to to her. Maybe even for Lori's defense or his own if needed. There are also ways at least where I live to put your children as owners while you have every right to live there until you die and your children cannot kick you out. It saves the home from nursing home or illness fees taking it (I think) and it also allows on death the children to not have to mess with the house at all in probate or anything, it is immediately theirs.

If he had tried to sell it in these months, not sure the Daybell house would sell well, even before bodies were found there, plus he probably wanted no one else buying it knowing what was back there... She may very well have bought it from him as well.

Just throwing out possibilities...

Yes! I forgot to note that. I wonder if she was drugged and then he shot her at Chad's house because it's more out in the country? I don't know. That was really really sad and creepy. I looked at pictures of Alex afterward and I just get so creeped out. I can't hardly look at his pictures anymore. Melanie Gibb said that he truly believed in zombies.
I wonder too about that gunshot. Maybe it was because she was given something that should have taken her life but when Alex brought her to Chad's she was still breathing.

That's so hard to even think about. Sorry.

Yeah, I never even thought nor did it cross my mind that either child was shot. I do feel there had to be a reason for that gun shot and his need to explain it as it was unusual at his property as apparently were fires. When I get some time, I need to go see, I am guessing this was when Tammy was at her parents? I am not up on podcasts either and Linda likely covered this.

Tylee (I think that date of the shot fits the first one missing, too jumbled to be sure, but could have been even in their vehicle and driven into maybe the barn (I would have to look at property pics again) where they shot her and if taken out the back of the barn after passed in something, a neighbor would never even have seen her on the property, just heard the gun shot and burning most likely.
Tammy was probably at work at the library.

I figured for some reason she would be the one who was, I don't have the words, whose body was more mistreated. I truly don't know why. I figure she was older, may have given more attiitude, seen through some things and just not as easy to hide/bury. I too am choosing words carefully. Yet I also thought Tylee was her bio child perhaps I will be wrong... These are very twisted individuals no doubt.

You're right, Tylee was her biochild. She said that Tylee went dark when she was around 13 or 14 if I remember correctly. That's just about the time a kid becomes a headstrong teenager. She just didn't want to deal with her anymore.

Decided to do a quick google:

A heart attack causes the lungs to become congested and in its most severe form, acute pulmonary edema, there could be frothing at the mouth and the patient literally chokes to death on his own secretions. A less severe form of this symptom could occur while one is at rest or doing very minimal activities.

A severe overdose may lead to seizures, which can cause drooling or salvia to pool in the mouth and be pushed through clenched teeth and lips.

There's more, according to that last link. I guess it's more common that we thought.

IIRC, some poisons will cause foaming at the mouth during death.
There are people discussing such things elsewhere like in comments under podcasts etc. His death is just too convenient for me. Could it be natural and uncanny it happened then? Sure. I just can't let it go however. Even on the 911 call, the dispatcher is telling the adult son of the new wife to turn him and he couldn't. It get he is in a spot and perhaps freaking out but it is all so very odd. He couldn't manage it. And we later learn of so much more. I don't doubt what the ME said, that his health and condition was what it was. I don't doubt it was the primary cause of death. I have no knowledge nor expertise to even question beyond that. However, it remains too convenient and what a coincidence. How many people probably got buried in the last decades as natural who it was arsenic, then antifreeze, the one case was what flower was it...?? When it was probably murder. Sidetracking, shall stop. It just does not sit right with me, as just a dumb civilian, the timing is uncanny.

There are people discussing such things elsewhere like in comments under podcasts etc. His death is just too convenient for me. Could it be natural and uncanny it happened then? Sure. I just can't let it go however. Even on the 911 call, the dispatcher is telling the adult son of the new wife to turn him and he couldn't. It get he is in a spot and perhaps freaking out but it is all so very odd. He couldn't manage it. And we later learn of so much more. I don't doubt what the ME said, that his health and condition was what it was. I don't doubt it was the primary cause of death. I have no knowledge nor expertise to even question beyond that. However, it remains too convenient and what a coincidence. How many people probably got buried in the last decades as natural who it was arsenic, then antifreeze, the one case was what flower was it...?? When it was probably murder. Sidetracking, shall stop. It just does not sit right with me, as just a dumb civilian, the timing is uncanny.
I don't know. I don't think I can honestly say I believe it was murder although it seems pretty uncanny. I heard Linda say one time though that Zulema is some kind of a holistic healer. That was interesting to say the least. But when they did the toxology report on him, they were already looking into murder so they must have tested everything they could think of. The only thing I can say is that he was already in a state of advanced composition before they did the testing.

I don't know. I don't think I can honestly say I believe it was murder although it seems pretty uncanny. I heard Linda say one time though that Zulema is some kind of a holistic healer. That was interesting to say the least. But when they did the toxology report on him, they were already looking into murder so they must have tested everything they could think of. The only thing I can say is that he was already in a state of advanced composition before they did the testing.
Yeah, I am not saying I know a thing nor that an ME is wrong, far be it from me, just saying I cannot quite let go of it. Sometimes they can only do so much or test so much depending on remains right? I don't think even if they found something like a poison or something that could trigger an attack, it could likely never be proven that he did not take it himself anyhow. I am beyond thinking they can do much there it is just something that will linger with me. Unless someone involved decided to come clean one day if there was more to it. I need to let it go and will, just saying I am not sold.

Now, sorry, I am not very savvy about this case. Do they seriously believe in that zombie BS or is just a scam? Murder is murder, so in that regard it would'nt make a difference, just out of curiosity.
This is just my own opinion but it is nothing but a selfish excuse used as a "knowledge" from the other side for followers to believe their own selfish removal for their own selfish wants of children and others who stand in the way of their carefree life and $$(Chad and Lori). No follower is just going to believe, you need to kill your child.. but if you convince them of this....

I see Chad as far worse than Lori these days. NOT that I do not see her as evil incarnate herself but these teachings all come from Chad for the most part...

Jmo though.

This is just my own opinion but it is nothing but a selfish excuse used as a "knowledge" from the other side for followers to believe their own selfish removal for their own selfish wants of children and others who stand in the way of their carefree life and $$(Chad and Lori). No follower is just going to believe, you need to kill your child.. but if you convince them of this....

I see Chad as far worse than Lori these days. NOT that I do not see her as evil incarnate herself but these teachings all come from Chad for the most part...

Jmo though.

I agree whole- heartedly. The kids stood in the way of their selfish wishes and had to be eliminated.😐
I am wondering if they will try to use their 'beliefs' to their advantage. For example insanity and such 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Last edited:
I agree whole- heartedly. The kids stood in the way of their selfish wishes and had to be eliminated.😐
I am wondering if they will try to use their 'beliefs' to their advantage.

I don't see how that could be advantageous. Especially because the trial will take place after July 22.

I am wondering if they will try to use their 'beliefs' to their advantage. For example insanity and such 🤷🏼‍♂️.
I don't see how. I mean laws change here when citizens are somewhat unaware of the change but in general, consciousness of guilt negates most insanity claims. The hiding of this, the lying about that, the knowing of the need to place the kids somewhere oh they are with grandma, etc. negates it and it is also about knowing right from wrong. You don't have to hide anything if you believe it to be right...

I do think Lori could play Chad brainwashed her or try to. Still, she had every opportunity.... Before, during, after, now....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondTwicy
Back