JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori *GUILTY* & Chad Daybell for murder

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
Wood (prosecutor) requested September 2023.
Prior (defense) requested October 2022.
Judge Boyce compromised 9 January 2023.

Remember, Lori is still 'incompetent' & the the case against her & Chad has not been severed, yet.
I know but it still imo doesn't mean that the attorneys can't be prepped for trial with many things without Lori... There has been a ton of time and time even before she needed "help" and was incompetent... That's over a year away...

Did anyone watch this? Chad was like a lovesick school boy. Sick.
I didn't. I watched someone else who covered it in parts (and only saw parts of that) who put it up awhile before Linda got to it. Haven't had time to watch hers but honestly what I did listen to of the other guy was sickening enough... Not the creator, but the content of what Chad says to Lori, etc. Yes, disgusting. They run around killing people but then act like a poor imitation of a badly written Harlequin romance. Heck not even. I can't believe this man fancies himself an author...

I didn't. I watched someone else who covered it in parts (and only saw parts of that) who put it up awhile before Linda got to it. Haven't had time to watch hers but honestly what I did listen to of the other guy was sickening enough... Not the creator, but the content of what Chad says to Lori, etc. Yes, disgusting. They run around killing people but then act like a poor imitation of a badly written Harlequin romance. Heck not even. I can't believe this man fancies himself an author...
BBM

That's exactly what I came away with! His books must be geared to people who don't want to think too much.

BBM

That's exactly what I came away with! His books must be geared to people who don't want to think too much.
Right? There will, I don't think, ever be another case quite like this one. Oh granted there have been other cult type cases and all sorts of out there things but this one is unique. Just trying to think off the top of my head of some of the things in this case like:

Chad a grave digger.
Chad an author of beyond the grave type of books and not a good one.
Chad talks to Lori like some cheesy romance novelist and not a good one when describing his lust and loin fire for her lol.
Revenge. (I think Lori is very vengeful)
Serial killing or a type of something similar to it anyhow
Killing of children
Life insurance
Brother and sister oddly sexual with each other
Lori on Wheel of Fortune
Lori in was it a Mrs. USA pageant?
Lori in a body building competition...
Several husbands, most dead
Attempted murders
The end of the world
Running to Mexico for drugs and other countries for women (Alex)
Multiple cell phones
A list of dark and light souls, etc...
Zombies

I could go on but I'll stop there. Just saying one couldn't make up a story like this.... Sadly it's "real" life and people are dead. Tragic.

Right? There will, I don't think, ever be another case quite like this one. Oh granted there have been other cult type cases and all sorts of out there things but this one is unique. Just trying to think off the top of my head of some of the things in this case like:

Chad a grave digger.
Chad an author of beyond the grave type of books and not a good one.
Chad talks to Lori like some cheesy romance novelist and not a good one when describing his lust and loin fire for her lol.
Revenge. (I think Lori is very vengeful)
Serial killing or a type of something similar to it anyhow
Killing of children
Life insurance
Brother and sister oddly sexual with each other
Lori on Wheel of Fortune
Lori in was it a Mrs. USA pageant?
Lori in a body building competition...
Several husbands, most dead
Attempted murders
The end of the world
Running to Mexico for drugs and other countries for women (Alex)
Multiple cell phones
A list of dark and light souls, etc...
Zombies

I could go on but I'll stop there. Just saying one couldn't make up a story like this.... Sadly it's "real" life and people are dead. Tragic.
Lori was on wheel of fortune? Oh my. There’s always something I don’t know.

Yeah. She didn't go to the bonus round but missed just by a bit. She behaves well lol but when she did not win she seemed just a bit less happy but hides it well, I think she thought she was going to go all the way.

She seems like a normal Barbie doll type personality in that clip. I think that’s another thing that makes this case so bizarre, we are talking about “common” people for the most part.

She seems like a normal Barbie doll type personality in that clip. I think that’s another thing that makes this case so bizarre, we are talking about “common” people for the most part.
Yep and a married hairdresser from Texas with two kids, just Mrs. Wife/Mom, Mrs. Normal. To me, throughout her life and in this case, I've always had the vibe that she wanted to be famous or important and that money was a key focus as well. Well I guess she was the most important person in the world per what Chad told her so she achieved her dream so to speak and they were on their way to more riches to come I'm sure with deaths and more life insurance...

Bizarre is the perfect word for the case and the people in it...

Justin Lum, one of the great reporters in this case. At first this seems like a really good recap with what we know now but it then turns into more than that after a few minutes, he has Kay and Larry on who mince no words about their thoughts on Charles' death, Lori's supposed incompetence, etc. Worth watching imo. Put out today.

I have always thought and they say flat out this was about greed and money and the religious thing is the excuse and vehicle for it (paraphrasing). They mince no words, it is good to watch and they also cover where they are at now and the effects it all has had, both good and bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawn Honner
Back