AK JAXSON BROWN: Missing from Ketchikan, AK - 25 March 2020 - Age 5 *Found Deceased*

1585427116911.png

Troopers searching for missing boy in Ketchikan

Alaska State Troopers are on the hunt for a missing 5-year-old boy from Ketchikan.

Troopers began a search on Friday for a woman and her child, identified as Jaxson Brown.

The woman’s vehicle was parked at Lunch Creek Trailhead in Ketchikan. A search was initiated and the woman was located alone approximately three miles up the trail with significant injuries to her leg.

The search efforts are ongoing for Jaxson. Jaxson is a white male, approximately 4’ 2” and 70 pounds.

Duh, yes, that is what I meant. I did my time on the one end or must have. I just meant that they had known for a few hours and was also commenting on it being day time in Alaska when found. I did do good looking up Alaska time yet still messed up lol.

I agree on her leaving him makes absolutely no sense. It just doesn't. Even the going hiking at such an hour kind of is questionable, with a five year old particularly. All pretty odd imo. And if they were truly going to do an 8.5 mile hike starting that late, it makes even less sense.

I have no idea of cell phone reception and am just going to assume it could be non-existent depending on how remote the area was, but I gather in Alaska in general it is pretty good. Did she at least have one with her I wonder? With a child with, I would be carrying one whether one was sure of reception or not.
AND the trail was rated difficult!

it sounds like he might have already been hypothermic IF the story about him being too tired to go on is true. I still couldn't even imagine having any reason at all to leave my very young child alone.

I have even thought if she was stuck between a rock and a hard place so to speak as far as her decision, what would you do? Going by the information we have, there was no reason to leave him but we don't have all of the info. I have seen just rumor that he was unconscious and she couldn't carry him any longer (I have seen nothing to confirm such a remark though) but to give her the benefit of the doubt, I thought okay, think of that, it would be different, you would have to make a choice. But then when one adds in the other odd things like that she took him out there in the first place and more, and that they did not find him immediately after finding her with her directing them or telling them exactly where, I find myself with too many coincidences to explain and that is a red flag to me. Not judging her and not accusing or trying not to, but much info is missing at the very least in the news reports. Did she have a phone with, did she tell anyone where they were going, why did they go and go so late? Was she the custodial parent, was she married? All sorts of things we don't know, etc. Just saying without more info it leans towards the hinky. Jmo.

I have even thought if she was stuck between a rock and a hard place so to speak as far as her decision, what would you do? Going by the information we have, there was no reason to leave him but we don't have all of the info. I have seen just rumor that he was unconscious and she couldn't carry him any longer (I have seen nothing to confirm such a remark though) but to give her the benefit of the doubt, I thought okay, think of that, it would be different, you would have to make a choice. But then when one adds in the other odd things like that she took him out there in the first place and more, and that they did not find him immediately after finding her with her directing them or telling them exactly where, I find myself with too many coincidences to explain and that is a red flag to me. Not judging her and not accusing or trying not to, but much info is missing at the very least in the news reports. Did she have a phone with, did she tell anyone where they were going, why did they go and go so late? Was she the custodial parent, was she married? All sorts of things we don't know, etc. Just saying without more info it leans towards the hinky. Jmo.
I get there, then my brain goes back to he was just 5, but yes, there has to be so much info because there are way too many pieces of the puzzle missing for me to go either way for sure.

A little bit more detail here, not much. I don't think I knew they found a shoe of his. It also says he has been on the trail before but never alone.

They said they're not treating it as suspicious. What a horrible situation. 😢

Yeah I'm assuming if we don't hear anything further then there was nothing suspicious in the autopsy.
I can't even imagine being in that situation. She will have to live with h er decision for the rest of her life.

Yeah, that absolutely insane decision. But I don't have kids, and maybe I shouldn't judge, the Mom is probably punished enough . Fly high, Jaxson! 🌈

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back