FL HALEIGH CUMMINGS: Missing from Satsuma, FL - 10 Feb 2009 - Age 5

1607052614066.png
1580614299758.png 1580614303418.png

Haleigh's photo is shown age-progressed to 15 years. She was last known to be sleeping in her home, in the area of Hermit's Cove in Satsuma, Florida, on the evening of February 9, 2009. Haleigh was discovered missing during the early morning hours of February 10, 2009. She may still be in the local area. Haleigh's ears are pierced.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Haleigh was last known to be sleeping in her family's trailer in the 200 block of Green Lane in the area of Hermit's Cove in Satsuma, Florida, late in the evening on February 9, 2009. She went to bed at 8:00 p.m. Her father's live-in girlfriend of five months, Misty Janette Croslin (sometimes identified in the media by her later married name, Misty Cummings), went to sleep in the same room at 10:00 p.m. Haleigh's three-year-old brother was also sleeping in that room.

Haleigh's father, Ronald Lemyles Cummings, finished working second shift and arrived home sometime after 3:00 a.m. on February 10. Misty told him she'd just discovered Haleigh was missing from her bed. The rear door to the trailer was several inches ajar and the screen door had been propped open with a cinder block. Ronald and Misty called 911 at 3:37 a.m. to report Haleigh's disappearance.

The police found no sign of forced entry to the trailer, but they are uncertain whether the back door was locked. Ronald and Misty have insisted that it was, and Ronald maintains the trailer was broken into.

Haleigh's younger brother told investigators that a man dressed in black had come to their home that night and taken his sister. Authorities aren't sure how much credence to give to his story, given his age. An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of Haleigh. Her father stated she wouldn't have left home by herself at night, as she is afraid of the dark.

In October 2009, six months into the marriage, Ronald filed for divorce. He cited irreconcilable differences as the reason, mainly the stress caused by Haleigh's disappearance and the subsequent police investigation and media attention. The divorce became final within days; since Ronald and Misty had only been married a short time and they didn't share any property or have any children together, there was little to discuss.

Police repeatedly questioned Misty about Haleigh's disappearance and looked into the possibility that she wasn't in fact at home when the child disappeared. Misty describes herself as a devoted caregiver to Haleigh and her brother and said she had been home the entire night and hadn't left the children alone.

Investigators have been publicly skeptical of Misty's story, stating she failed four polygraphs and one voice stress test, and changed her story multiple times; they described her accounts as "consistently inconsistent."

NCMEC - NamUs - Charley Project -

Last edited:
ALL the Croslins jumped in and offered different and conflicting versions of that night, including their visiting cousin and their "mysteriously moved" van.
I just don't pay it any mind. At this point, it appears to me that neither circumstance is related to Haleigh's disappearance.
They cleared Ron.
Well, of course, and it should have been quick and easy since the man was at work and had been working since the prior late afternoon!

This is the scenario that I remember, too. In fact, I got to know somebody online who personally knew Misty’s mother, and she believed the same scenario as well. @Olenna , you summed this up quite nicely and I too believe that unless you have a concept of the chronic drug user world, this explanation is difficult to understand. This group has their own rules and protecting their stash is number one.
Speaking for myself, it isn't that I don't have a concept of the drug-user world, it's that I need evidence before I believe this or that.

The drug user world is a deep, Dark hole. You try to cut ties, Then you're labeled a "Narc". Drugs fuel paranoia. And then someone ends up dead for no reason. Except for some paranoid people and their self preservation being the motive.

I'm sure that Misty knows everything. IMO. The evidence says to me that there is no way she couldn't.
Well, then clearly, we have entirely different interpretations of the facts and circumstances, lol!
And that's fine, although I do find it very difficult to have what I consider to be a productive discussion when opinions are so far apart.
Anyway, thanks for being here.
The drug user world is a deep, Dark hole. You try to cut ties, Then you're labeled a "Narc". Drugs fuel paranoia. And then someone ends up dead for no reason. Except for some paranoid people and their self preservation being the motive.
I'm sure that's true in some circumstances- I certainly don't see that here- but what I do see is that there's nothing to indicate that Haleigh's disappearance was in any way drug-related.

I agree that they should have listed all missing children. No matter how long ago it was. They are still missing. Martha Jean Lambert. Missing since November 1985.
Well I know of another case more current than Martha's, yet the article informs that there are only 9.

Well I know of another case more current than Martha's, yet the article informs that there are only 9.
those are the only the ones that are listed on the current endangered missing/amber alert missing listed on their site, which is what the article states. There are now 11 due to two more being added since then,

Well, then clearly, we have entirely different interpretations of the facts and circumstances, lol!
And that's fine, although I do find it very difficult to have what I consider to be a productive discussion when opinions are so far apart.
Anyway, thanks for being here.

I'm sure that's true in some circumstances- I certainly don't see that here- but what I do see is that there's nothing to indicate that Haleigh's disappearance was in any way drug-related.
I think it’s good that we have different opinions. It allows me to always leave the door open a crack.

Their source isn't as reliable as I'd expect it to be.
it's not just "missing" kids. It's just the ones with the endangered/amber alert listings, BUT I am not finding a place for those just listed as missing, which is a bit troubling by itself. I don't understand why they wouldn't have a space for that. My state even does that.

Right, and I think it's important to share how we arrive- or have arrived- at our opinions because that way, we can have a better understanding of, not only the case, but each other.
yes! It either helps to see a new light OR it can also make you even more engrained in your belief of what might have happened because the other theories have something that doesn't make sense to you. Both are good.

Right, and I think it's important to share how we arrive- or have arrived- at our opinions because that way, we can have a better understanding of, not only the case, but each other.
Agreed. I look at it this way, we’re all looking at the same house, but we may be on a different side of the house with our experiences and our knowledge of each case. By sharing different points of view, we gain information about the other sides of the house.

By Richard Tribou
Orlando Sentinel
Mar 16, 2023 at 10:46 am

While her father Ronald Cummings was never a suspect in her case, he has been in trouble with the law for other reasons including spending more than 10 years in prison for drug trafficking. After his release last October, he was arrested again on Christmas Day, and was due back in court Thursday on charges from that arrest, according to a report from WJXT.com.

He was arrested by Putnam County sheriff’s deputies after a vehicle crash on seven charges including battery on a law enforcement officer, resisting arrest with violence, drug possession and drug trafficking, according to jail records.

He remains jailed on $185,000 bond, and the hearing was an effort to reduce that bail, the station reported.

The TV station stated the arrest report said Cummings attempted to steal a gun off a deputy’s belt and told the deputy, “You think I’m afraid of prison?”

Ron. I'm very sad for you really. But you are making it so much worse. Acting out and assaulting an officer is the worst thing you could have done of all the charges. You're not scared of prison? That's even sadder. Come on Ron, Please stop doing this to yourself.
I almost wonder if he wants to go back to prison.

Hank Croslin, Sr. Obituary (1968 - 2023) - Legacy Remembers

Hank Sr. passed ...

This obit confuses me. Didn't know he was married in 2016 and leaves behind his "soulmate - and best friend - of 30 years" and that he lives in Flint with Tommy. (i.e. Tommy IS out of prison, apparently)
His wife died some years back, I can’t remember when. I guess I could look it up if I had time. I wonder if this friend was a friend of the couple before her death? I’ve seen that happen a few times where a friend marries an old friend after the spouse passed on.

I'm sorry to hear of Hank's death; my heart goes out to his loved ones.
The unconditional love for his family- and they, for him- is what I'll remember.

Obituary information for Dorothy Annette Sykes

note- the link above lands on Tributes - to see Obituary go to next tab - Obituary & Events tab.

Haleigh's Great-grandma (Ron's Grandma) Annette Sykes has recently passed away. :sigh:
IIRC, lung cancer was Annette's diagnosis ... a while back.

ANNETTE SYKES

Annette Sykes, 78, of Satsuma passed away Thursday, May 4, 2023 at her residence following an extended illness.

Annette was a native of Francis and had been a lifelong resident of Putnam County. She enjoyed fishing, crafts, bingo, and shopping. She was a Baptist and a homemaker.

Preceding her in death were her husband, Kirby Sykes; her parents, George, Sr. and Martha Stallings, a son, Donald Squires; a daughter, Katrina Belcher; a great grandson, Jermonick Luther; and five brothers, George Stallings, Jr., Carl Stallings, Wayman Stallings, Ormand Stallings, and Homer Stallings.

Surviving are two daughters and son-in-law, Teresa Ann Neves of Satsuma, and Melanie Kay and Lance Kintzler of Wisconsin; 12 grandchildren; 25 great grandchildren; and numerous nieces and nephews.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back