GEORGE FLOYD: Man killed, 4 Minneapolis Officers Fired - MN vs Derek Chauvin *GUILTY*

1660790683202.png
(CNN)Four Minneapolis police officers have been fired for their involvement in the death of a black man who was held down with a knee as he protested that he couldn't breathe, officials said Tuesday.

The FBI is investigating the incident, which drew widespread condemnation of the officers after a video showing part of the encounter circulated on social media.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know. I am not on Chauvin's side. He shouldn't have under any circumstances done what he did. I just thought the blood levels were to be of note. I did not know they were disallowed. They made it seem like it could have been a factor last I heard. But enough to not hold Chauvin not responsible in some manner. Absolutely not.
Well, today his blood levels and drug levels did come up more. Yesterday, the fentanyl was dismissed as not high enough to cause death but one has to remember it is the prosecution side but the level seems undisputed. Today it came up a bit more, and meth. They had the head/chief medical examiner on for three MN counties including Hennepin. He was a great witness but he does say if I recall correctly that a few other things could be "contributing" factors. However, only contributing, not the cause and he stands by the death is homicide as ruled by autopsy. It definitely will come up and probably more when the defense starts which has to be getting close. I think the prosecution must be near done presenting their case.

Last edited:
I need to go back and read the autopsy report again and Google some stuff. Wasn't there something about partially blocked arteries in his heart?
That was covered today with the Chief ME. I thought he was pretty honest. He on defense questioning agreed there was one 90 percent blocked something, sorry I can't recall if it was the artery or something that fed from the artery. I'm not a med person but yes. there was something on that order, and it may well have been an artery, I can't quite recall, a lot of med terminology and details. He still concluded though that this was homicide but there were some contributing factors.

That was covered today with the Chief ME. I thought he was pretty honest. He on defense questioning agreed there was one 90 percent blocked something, sorry I can't recall if it was the artery or something that fed from the artery. I'm not a med person but yes. there was something on that order, and it may well have been an artery, I can't quite recall, a lot of med terminology and details. He still concluded though that this was homicide but there were some contributing factors.

In reading up, his left anterior descending artery was 75% blocked. That is moderate heart disease. This artery is the widowmaker.

His right coronary artery was 90% blocked.

At that level of blockage, he would have most likely had chest pain and shortness of breath with exertion.

My opinion based on light reading and knowledge from a couple of heart groups.

No opinion on if this contributed or not. I was just thinking he may have been a candidate for a stent or 3.

In reading up, his left anterior descending artery was 75% blocked. That is moderate heart disease. This artery is the widowmaker.

His right coronary artery was 90% blocked.

At that level of blockage, he would have most likely had chest pain and shortness of breath with exertion.

My opinion based on light reading and knowledge from a couple of heart groups.

No opinion on if this contributed or not. I was just thinking he may have been a candidate for a stent or 3.
Interesting. The 90 percent matches the part I heard. I think it is determined such was not the cause of death but I am unsure if it was one of the contributing factors either but there were contributing factors.

I'm putting myself on time out for however long it takes for me to be able to stop crying every day. This world is too painful for me. I thought this forum was victim friendly, but I guess it's ok to not hold sadistic people accountable...surely, George Floyd was at least partly to blame. Derek Chauvin ENJOYED his little knee choking game. You can see it on his vile smirking face. Real protection and service there. :confused:

I don't think anyone here is saying George Floyd got what he deserved. What Chauvin did was completely wrong you have to look at contributing factors from the M.E. He didn't intentionally kill him. So not 1st degree murder. But you have to determine if or how much the contributing factors came into play. Chauvin is a terrible human being with no care for anything but himself.

I'm putting myself on time out for however long it takes for me to be able to stop crying every day. This world is too painful for me. I thought this forum was victim friendly, but I guess it's ok to not hold sadistic people accountable...surely, George Floyd was at least partly to blame. Derek Chauvin ENJOYED his little knee choking game. You can see it on his vile smirking face. Real protection and service there. :confused:

I hope my comment regarding his blocked arteries didn't cause this. I have never said Chauvin should not be held responsible.

Apologies if this has been posted back prior, I don't recall it. It is Officer Lane's interview with the BCA. Since it is an actual interview with LE and not a headline, etc., I just figure it would be good to have it in here for the record.

Has anyone questioned how fast this case moved to trial? This is a sticking point where I may back out of this discussion. In less than 1 calendar year this has moved too quickly to not suspect a political link. Can anyone recall any other case that has moved at a similar pace?

I have wondered about that many times. Every time I see a criminal trial delayed I think of it. Ours took three years! Daybell just got another extension and it is not even a murder charge. I don't know the answer, I do know a defendant can ask for a speedy trial and sometimes it actually leaves the prosecution scrambling to put their case together quickly as well. Scott Reisch, defense attorney, Crime Talk just said as much recently.

I know political sides, factions and influences surround this case. I have decided to stay out of that, although chats are full of it. I just look at what happened and what we know happened for the most part, with the cops, with Floyd, etc.

Even so, I do believe politics and timing probably have played a role.

Has anyone questioned how fast this case moved to trial? This is a sticking point where I may back out of this discussion. In less than 1 calendar year this has moved too quickly to not suspect a political link. Can anyone recall any other case that has moved at a similar pace?

I hadn't thought about that. I wonder if state mandates might have affected it? But it is fast.

Looks like Minnesota law?

Now this makes sense;

"His actions don't indicate that he presents any threat of escape. And as he's saying "thank you" for being taken out of the backseat of the car, it would certainly suggest that the point of conflict that had provoked his resistance in the first place is over and suggests a lack of intention. Given the range of other alternatives available to the officers, it's just not appropriate to prone someone who is at that point cooperative."

"The prone position is a very useful position in policing for getting control of someone for purposes of handcuffing them. Again, the prone position is just basically face down. Their chest, front of the hips on the ground. When officers are struggling with someone or when they're handcuffing someone they anticipate struggling with, you will often see officers put someone into is that prone position for purposes of handcuffing because it's very difficult for someone to fight or to resist as they're face down on the ground, especially once their arms are out at their sides."

Now this makes sense;
I did catch some of this today. In addition the expert Stoughton said that the prone position if used, is only used to cuff or get control and then it stops.

It appears the defense is not going to use as long as or the number of days the prosecution did to put up their defense. I am not entirely surprised, the prosecution put up a lot of witnesses and many experts. My guess is the defense will but not as many. Just a guess though. I think they will stress lack of intent, resisting, the crowd, other contributing or possible causes, etc. in their closing as they have shown they are focused on through trial.

Now this makes sense;

I did catch some of this today. In addition the expert Stoughton said that the prone position if used, is only used to cuff or get control and then it stops.

It appears the defense is not going to use as long as or the number of days the prosecution did to put up their defense. I am not entirely surprised, the prosecution put up a lot of witnesses and many experts. My guess is the defense will but not as many. Just a guess though. I think they will stress lack of intent, resisting, the crowd, other contributing or possible causes, etc. in their closing as they have shown they are focused on through trial.
Thanks!

With a trial of this kind of magnitude, I don't have a personal opinion because I would want to watch the whole trial from beginning to end and I don't have the time of day at this point. I personally haven't seen anything that has swayed me away from believing Chauvin used excessive force and that Mr. Floyd should still be alive today, however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back