GEORGE FLOYD: Man killed, 4 Minneapolis Officers Fired - MN vs Derek Chauvin *GUILTY*

1660790683202.png
(CNN)Four Minneapolis police officers have been fired for their involvement in the death of a black man who was held down with a knee as he protested that he couldn't breathe, officials said Tuesday.

The FBI is investigating the incident, which drew widespread condemnation of the officers after a video showing part of the encounter circulated on social media.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a single juror today has made it through so far. I think four have been up and dismissed or struck. Still at 9.

I am not watching it, just checking it once in awhile... They are on break now.

Now number five has been struck by the defense. He seemed to already believe Chauvin was guilty, defense did not dare keep him. No jurors added today. Defense is down to only 4 strikes left, I believe the prosecution has 5. Only 4 left for the day. Not getting anywhere so far today.

Okay, I just popped into the live for the first time today and people are saying we lost two jurors! That we went from 9 down to 7!! Something happened... I will report back when I know unless someone was watching and knows?

Well they FINALLY had a juror make it through. To me he was as good as one could hope for as to fair and middle of the road and undecided. That puts it back to eight after losing two. Prior though, I think the defense used another strike and I think that takes them down to three remaining.

12 jurors. Interesting blip at the end of today re the settlement and comments by both attorneys and judge re the City, the media and more... Tomorrow if I have it right some motions are going to be ruled on like change of venue and more... That is not new but something that was pending throughout and set for tomorrow as I understand it.

12 jurors. Interesting blip at the end of today re the settlement and comments by both attorneys and judge re the City, the media and more... Tomorrow if I have it right some motions are going to be ruled on like change of venue and more... That is not new but something that was pending throughout and set for tomorrow as I understand it.
Thank you for the updates, G-Bear! :)

I don't think it will matter where they go at this point.
That's pretty much what the judge said too. They also denied the motion to admit the 2019 arrest video. I get the judge's reasoning but that video is interesting just to realize for us not on the jury that Floyd behaved identically in that arrest. I get however that it does not matter with regard to how LE reacts to the 2020 incident.

That's pretty much what the judge said too. They also denied the motion to admit the 2019 arrest video. I get the judge's reasoning but that video is interesting just to realize for us not on the jury that Floyd behaved identically in that arrest. I get however that it does not matter with regard to how LE reacts to the 2020 incident.
If he reacted identically to the other arrest, then what difference does it make anyway? It’s the way that the law enforcement officers reacted that matters. Mr. Floyd isn’t on trial here. I agree with you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back