GEORGE FLOYD: Man killed, 4 Minneapolis Officers Fired - MN vs Derek Chauvin *GUILTY*

1660790683202.png
(CNN)Four Minneapolis police officers have been fired for their involvement in the death of a black man who was held down with a knee as he protested that he couldn't breathe, officials said Tuesday.

The FBI is investigating the incident, which drew widespread condemnation of the officers after a video showing part of the encounter circulated on social media.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picking jurors doesn't really interest me.
It's pretty dry but #1 there were several reasons she should have been struck by the judge and #2 seemed to almost be trying to give the right answers to get on the jury. That part is a bit interesting. However, I don't intend to spend time listening to it all. I have it on in the background at times while doing other things.

It’s tedious but it might be interesting during the trial as evidence is produced. You might think about certain jurors and what they’re thinking about the evidence.
I listened to the first two questioned and then the last one. There were many others but I didn't stay on for them. It is somewhat interesting to get an idea of the juror and to watch the chat and what people are saying. We can only hear their voices, not see them.

One guy said that Floyd tried to escape police custody and was killed... Wouldn't you think having that notion and using those terms would keep him off the jury? He was selected though... That answer was provided months back in a written questionnaire and when asked he tried to explain it away. I also felt that one was trying to hard too get on the jury. Finally, he denied seeing any clips even of the incident and I find that very difficult to believe. I am not saying it is impossible but to live in Mpls and not even have seen a clip on the news seems very unlikely as hot and controversial as what happened is...

Anyhow, those parts of the selection is somewhat interesting, it has moments... The chat is full of trolls but people are saying other sites are much worse they have been to lol. It is supposed to be at least a month long trial, I know I can't spend the time watching it all but when and if I can will try to share the interesting points of the day and hoping others can as well so I can keep informed.

I listened to the first two questioned and then the last one. There were many others but I didn't stay on for them. It is somewhat interesting to get an idea of the juror and to watch the chat and what people are saying. We can only hear their voices, not see them.

One guy said that Floyd tried to escape police custody and was killed... Wouldn't you think having that notion and using those terms would keep him off the jury? He was selected though... That answer was provided months back in a written questionnaire and when asked he tried to explain it away. I also felt that one was trying to hard too get on the jury. Finally, he denied seeing any clips even of the incident and I find that very difficult to believe. I am not saying it is impossible but to live in Mpls and not even have seen a clip on the news seems very unlikely as hot and controversial as what happened is...

Anyhow, those parts of the selection is somewhat interesting, it has moments... The chat is full of trolls but people are saying other sites are much worse they have been to lol. It is supposed to be at least a month long trial, I know I can't spend the time watching it all but when and if I can will try to share the interesting points of the day and hoping others can as well so I can keep informed.
What concerns me is if he’s telling the truth! What if he said that Floyd was trying to get away from the cops and he didn’t watch any clip on the news. Being that opinionated over something that you don’t even have any education over is scary to have for a juror.

What concerns me is if he’s telling the truth! What if he said that Floyd was trying to get away from the cops and he didn’t watch any clip on the news. Being that opinionated over something that you don’t even have any education over is scary to have for a juror.I
I think he did admit to seeing some news on it but what i meant was no clip like from the body cams. But yes, I get your point, everyone was saying when they heard that, "he's out" in the chat, only he wasn't. He said he meant "something" killed him... Not someone... He was not asked about the word escaped.

He did a good job of claiming he would only form an opinion on the facts, etc. (paraphrasing) but I don't know, he seemed to me, too eager to be on the jury. He seemed to form his answers carefully, thinking about them and then giving the "right" or even perfect answer... I guess what I mean is it was as if he knew what was likely to keep him off like the "killed" remark so he explained he did not mean he thought the cop killed him...

Jurors thus far per Law and Crime Network:
#1 - White male in his 20's #2 - Multi-racial female in 20;s #3 - White male in 30's #4 - White male in 30's #5 - Black male in 30's #6 - Hispanic Male in 20's #7 - White female in 40's or 50's. #8 - Black male, 30’s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back