GEORGE FLOYD: Man killed, 4 Minneapolis Officers Fired - MN vs Derek Chauvin *GUILTY*

1660790683202.png
(CNN)Four Minneapolis police officers have been fired for their involvement in the death of a black man who was held down with a knee as he protested that he couldn't breathe, officials said Tuesday.

The FBI is investigating the incident, which drew widespread condemnation of the officers after a video showing part of the encounter circulated on social media.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I think everyone understand investigations take time and they have to be sure, however, all of Mpls. may burn down before he arrests the guy. He says there is evidence for charging but there is also evidence that does not support a charge. If so, I would suggest he share that other evidence not supporting it to calm things down because I sure haven't seen it nor have all of the protestors in my opinion.

I saw this on People, but it seemed vague in some respects in that article. It claimed the crew was telling the cops they were supposedly just about to move but no evidence that they were doing any such thing nor of where they were at to begin with, so unsure. That article also said it was State police and not Mpls PD that arrested them. I also saw it somewhere else and don't remember where, I think Oxygen. They all vary some.

at least that's progress
Yeah, there is supposed to be an update (at the time I posted) in about 50 minutes, that was all that was known so far. I bet no pressure was applied here to get the word out as fast as possible. Very little was said other than he was in custody, wouldn't comment on charges, if ANY yet. We are hitting the weekend and vandlism is already crazy and perhaps they can wait for all charges until Monday, I guess we shall see... I am sure it will overtake the Covid update again so certain politicians can comment on it... And then we will get some Covid updates... I don't watch the local news but it does interrupt with breaking news on the stations... All jmo.

Just to give a source, this was on KARE 11 started just after 1 p.m. I should add they also have an initial medical examiner report I think he said.

Well, because of the circumstances, they could have held him in custody in the meantime.

They are discussing that right now, the news reporters on the channel. The prosecutor remarked this is the fastest they have ever charged a police officer and sometimes it takes nine months or more. The reporters, however, are now discussing how an average citizen on video doing that s often charged immediately or arrested immediately. Lots of questions yet I guess.

Not a news watcher so switching stations now, it came on as breaking news. I am sure it will be all over nationally shortly if it is not already.

If they would have put him in custody sooner, they could have saved their city from 95% of the riots and flames.
If "good cops" would have stepped up and said, "We do not condone this. We see you and we hear you," instead of guarding a murderer's house, they could have saved their city from 95% of the riots and flames.
If the department wouldn't continue to employ people with a dozen complaints and complaints of brutality, they could have saved their city.
But what do I know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back