GEORGE FLOYD: Man killed, 4 Minneapolis Officers Fired - MN vs Derek Chauvin *GUILTY*

1660790683202.png
(CNN)Four Minneapolis police officers have been fired for their involvement in the death of a black man who was held down with a knee as he protested that he couldn't breathe, officials said Tuesday.

The FBI is investigating the incident, which drew widespread condemnation of the officers after a video showing part of the encounter circulated on social media.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Minneapolis police officer seen kneeling on the neck of an unarmed black man heard saying "I can't breathe" multiple times before he died was a 19-year department veteran who was the subject of at least a dozen police conduct complaints that resulted in no disciplinary action and one that led to a "letter of reprimand."

To be the subject of a dozen complaints over a two-decade career would appear "a little bit higher than normal," said Mylan Masson, a retired Minneapolis Park police officer and longtime police training expert for the state of Minnesota at Hennepin Technical College.

KARE 11 archives show Chauvin has been involved in at least two officer involved shootings.

Thao has been the subject of six complaints. None have resulted in discipline, though one is still open.

Thao was the defendant in a lawsuit alleging excessive force. The city paid out $25,000 to the victim in the case.

KARE 11 searched records but could find no previous complaints or incidents involving J Alexander Keung or Thomas Lane.

Here are the officers' dates of hire:
  • Chauvin: January 8, 2001
  • Thao: February, 4 2008
  • Kueng: December 18, 2017
  • Lane: February 19, 2019
Just noticed this was posted! That's even more detailed!

Hmm. While it may be a total coincidence it sounds like the same neighborhood as where the incident occurred. The odds of this seem a bit unusaul in a big city but then who knows. Many shop and go out in their own general areas so maybe he did know of him. I know police officers often take on off duty jobs quite often but worked there for 17 years until the end of last year, good paying or what and why? Just months ago he no longer worked there. It never really said why he stopped working there whether that was when the sale occurred or if there was another reason...

If this is true, then what exactly is going on here? A cop trying in incite and help create a riot? Of course, as you say it is Twitter but WTH?
and another WTH is that I've probably seen more whites at participating in these acts of vandalism than POC. I'm not sure what to process out of that. Taking advantage of the situation? Plants? I'm not saying it actually means anything, but just an observation that struck me as a bit odd for some reason in this situation. I am NOT trying to start a race debate. I think you guys realize that from me though. Just not what I was expecting out of the situation that sent my mind wandering, especially IF the thing about the Target is true.

This is a five minute video of the arrest. No sound.

Hmm. A lot to question there. Never saw him resisting, does not mean he may have said no or refused at some time which can be resisting. Didn't know there were other people as well. And at the end I wondered why they were walking him across the street, I just love how the other LE vehicle pulled up and appear to decide he did not have the view covered good enough and pulled up a little further, blocking the line of vision from that camera anyhow.... That is my take on it.

and another WTH is that I've probably seen more whites at participating in these acts of vandalism than POC. I'm not sure what to process out of that. Taking advantage of the situation? Plants? I'm not saying it actually means anything, but just an observation that struck me as a bit odd for some reason in this situation. I am NOT trying to start a race debate. I think you guys realize that from me though. Just not what I was expecting out of the situation that sent my mind wandering, especially IF the thing about the Target is true.

Yes, I don't want to start a race thing nor a political thing but it brings thoughts to me as well. Just as they know tons are coming from other states and said that before it has happened, that they know it is planned. Who is behind this? I know what you mean by plants and an agenda and that is where my mind is leaning. Or someone is funding the travel and such. I am not even forming an opinion of who or anything, just that something is up here... The incident clearly happened, I don't mean that. I mean what is going on now. WTH.

Yes, I don't want to start a race thing nor a political thing but it brings thoughts to me as well. Just as they know tons are coming from other states and said that before it has happened, that they know it is planned. Who is behind this? I know what you mean by plants and an agenda and that is where my mind is leaning. Or someone is funding the travel and such. I am not even forming an opinion of who or anything, just that something is up here... The incident clearly happened, I don't mean that. I mean what is going on now. WTH.
head scratcher, for sure.

And since their job includes identifying people, it's not likely at all to say they weren't, at the very least, aware of each other.
Next we will hear they were after or dated the same woman at some point in time. Jk. Lol. Sort of.

Yes it seems very unlikely they would not have recognized each other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back