WY GABBY PETITO: Missing from Grand Teton National Park, WY - 25 August 2021 - Age 22 *Found Deceased*

image_6487327.JPG

• Gabby Petito was reported missing after she didn't return from a road trip with her fiancé.
  • The police opened an investigation after her mother filed a missing-person report on Saturday.
  • A news report said Petito's fiancé was not cooperating with authorities and had hired a lawyer.

Grand Teton National Park

Gabby Petito's family last heard from her when she arrived at Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming on August 25, her mother said. littleting/Shutterstock
  • Gabby Petito was reported missing after she didn't return from a road trip with her fiancé.
  • The police opened an investigation after her mother filed a missing-person report on Saturday.
  • A news report said Petito's fiancé was not cooperating with authorities and had hired a lawyer.
  • Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
A 22-year-old New York woman who documented her cross-country van road trip on social media was reported missing by her mother on Saturday after her fiancé returned to their home in Florida without her, reports said.

Gabby Petito and her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, embarked on their road trip on July 2 from Blue Point, New York, Newsday reported.
The two were living in a 2012 Ford Transit van and documenting their travels on Instagram and YouTube, often using the hashtag #vanlife.
Petito was last seen checking out of a hotel with Laundrie on August 24. She last spoke to her family on the phone the next day, telling them she had arrived at Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming, her mother, Nicole Schmidt, said.

Her mother told reporters on Monday that she FaceTimed with Petito around August 23 or 24.
Petito's most recent Instagram post was shared on August 25.

Schmidt told Fox News on Sunday that she was unsure whether her daughter had left Grand Teton. She said she exchanged texts with Petito's number twice after August 25.
"I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text," Schmidt said. "I didn't verbally speak to her."
Laundrie eventually returned to the couple's home in North Port, Florida, without Petito, though it was not clear when he arrived, the Daily Mail reported.
The police in New York's Suffolk County said Schmidt filed a missing-person report on Saturday.

"Petito, 22, of Blue Point, is described as a white female, approximately 5 feet 5 inches tall and 110 pounds," the press release said. "She has blonde hair and blue eyes, and several tattoos, including one on her finger and one on her forearm that reads 'let it be.'"

The press release said authorities had recovered the couple's van during their investigation.
Petito and Laundrie had been living in North Port together for two years before they set out on their road trip, the Daily Mail said. Petito announced their engagement on Instagram in July 2020.

(more at link)

She could be anywhere as they were traveling cross-country. I put the location as the last place her family could verify that she was still in communication.

MEDIA - GABBY PETITO: Missing from Grand Teton National Park, WY since 25 August 2021 - Age 22

Last edited by a moderator:
Petito's family publicly called out Laundrie on Tuesday for refusing to help them find her, begging him to "at least tell us if we are looking in the right area."

Schmidt, who last FaceTimed with her daughter on August 24, told the Daily Mail that she reached out to Laundrie and his mother before she reported Petito missing, but that they ignored her.

"I texted Brian's mom that I was trying to get in touch with Gabby. I also texted Brian. I got no replies," Schmidt told the Mail.

There's a lot of articles about this case popping up today. I saw one that said the couple had called off the engagement, but I couldn't seem to relocate where I read that one.

This case is interesting to me personally because I watch a lot of traveling vlogs on YouTube, but I haven't run across the one this couple was doing.

Link to their vlog:

Moab Police confirmed they had responded to an incident between the couple
The police report out of Moab shows Gabby Petito and her boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, had been in a physical altercation days before Petito’s disappearance.

Moab Police confirmed they had responded to an incident between the couple
The police report out of Moab shows Gabby Petito and her boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, had been in a physical altercation days before Petito’s disappearance.

This part was interesting in that article:

At this point, Laundrie says he got into their van and Petito had “gone into a manic state.” Laundrie explained Petito then thought he “was going to leave her in Moab without a ride.” He says Petito then began to slap him. Laundrie tells police he pushed her away to avoid being slapped.

Petito was last seen on Aug. 24 checking out of a hotel with Laundrie in Salt Lake City, her family said. She last spoke to her mother, Nichole Schmidt, on Aug. 25, when she informed her that she and Laundrie were on their way to Grand Teton, Wyoming, and Yellowstone National Park, Schmidt told ABC News.

Detectives are asking anyone with information on Petito's disappearance to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS, and the North Port Police Department is actively assisting in this case.

"We currently have no definitive information that a crime took place here in North Port," the department said in a statement. "With that said, the circumstances are odd. The vehicle she was traveling in was located here in North Port. So we are actively gathering local details and any evidence to assist in finding needed answers. If you know anything about this case please contact us at 941-429-7382."

In addition, the FBI Tampa Field Office is assisting with this investigation. Tips can also be called into 1-800-CALL-FBI or submitted to Tips.FBI.gov.

Will we fund out that the "creepy guy" was in a white camper van?
You know, I just wonder what Laundrie's mom would do if the tables were turned. She needs to think about it from that aspect and urge her son to do the right thing!
He's probably been sheltered from all that he has done all his life by these parents, but yes, one would wonder what her stance would be if the tables were turned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondTwicy
Back