OH BRENDA SUE BLACK: Missing from Vandalia, OH - 1 Jan 1980 - Age 25 *Found Deceased*

Brenda Sue Black

NamUs #MP28777 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

1597936232949.png

Age last seen: 25 to 27
Age now: 63
Race: White female
Hair color: presumed to be brown
Eyes Color: presumed to be brown
Height: 60.0 to 65
Weight: 120.0 to 135
Clothing/Scars and Marks: Nothing

No photos disponible
Circumstances: Originally from Vandalia, Ohio, but moved to California after high school; her family has not seen her since about 1980 or 1981 (date last seen of 1/1/80 was put in NamUs as an estimate).

edited by staff to add media com link

*CLICK THE REPORT BUTTON IF YOU'D LIKE THIS CASE MOVED TO THE GENERAL DISCUSSION AREA TO BE OPENED FOR COMMENTING.

Last edited by a moderator:

After 40 years, Will County 'Jane Doe' has been identified​

It's been over four decades since a woman's decomposing remains were found in New Lenox.

Thanks to modern DNA technology, she's been identified as Brenda Sue Black — a missing woman from Ohio.

The Will County Coroner's Office hired Othram Incorporated to analyze the DNA evidence last year.

1650076955367.png 1650076982982.png

It's been over four decades since a woman's decomposing remains were found in New Lenox.

Thanks to modern DNA technology, she's been identified as Brenda Sue Black — a missing woman from Ohio.

The Will County Coroner's Office hired Othram Incorporated to analyze the DNA evidence last year.

View attachment 14548 View attachment 14549
There’s so much advertising on that page I couldn’t find whether or not they knew her cause of death?

There’s so much advertising on that page I couldn’t find whether or not they knew her cause of death?
I'm not seeing it listed. Here is the complete article

NEW LENOX, Ill. - It's been over four decades since a woman's decomposing remains were found in New Lenox.
brenda-sue-black.jpg

Sketch of Will County 'Jane Doe,' later identified as Brenda Sue Black.
DOWNLOAD THE FOX 32 CHICAGO APP FOR BREAKING NEWS ALERTS
"Othram is the only lab purpose built to identify victims and perpetrators from evidence left at a crime scene," said Dr. Kristen Mittelman, Chief Business Development Officer at Othram, Inc.
In April 1981, Brenda Sue Black's skeletal remains were found off I-80 near Route 30. She was around 26-years-old at the time of her death.

Different article.

The cold case in Illinois stemmed from human remains found in April 1981 on Interstate 80 in New Lenox, which is about 40 miles south of downtown Chicago. Investigators found skeletal remains, however the cause of death was not clear based on the examination of the remains. Investigators later estimated the woman died about one year before the discovery of the remains.

Law enforcement in Illinois are continuing to investigate the death of Brenda Black.

View attachment 14548 View attachment 14549
Oh wow. I remember her picture.

Am I reading this right? Her family thought she was in California but her remains were found in Illinois? I wonder if she ever contacted them from California once she got there, or did something happen to her along the way?

Her family said last they heard from her was 1980 or 1981. Her remains were found in 1981 and were likely there a for a year, so 1980. Sounds like she was killed (and I think she was killed due to clues found), not long after her family heard from her. I wonder if she told them she was ready to come home and was hitchhiking back? She was 26 when she died and moved to California after high school, so she very well may have been wanting to come home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkusSimo
Back