BREAKING! BREAKING NEWS! IDENTIFIED! *General Information*

I see in the quote box that it’s from Facebook but it’s not popping up for me right now. I’ll check again later.
"Our heartfelt thanks go out to the dedicated investigative genetic genealogists who made these identifications possible, as well as all our support staff, and our law enforcement and lab partners.This work would not have been possible without our generous donors. Thank You!"

1640917427286.png

"Our heartfelt thanks go out to the dedicated investigative genetic genealogists who made these identifications possible, as well as all our support staff, and our law enforcement and lab partners.This work would not have been possible without our generous donors. Thank You!"

View attachment 13550
Thank you for doing that! I don’t know why but sometimes my phone picks up the Facebook right away and sometimes it takes a while. But I really appreciate you showing me so I don’t forget to come back and look! :hugs:

Human remains found in Isanti Co. in 2003 ID'd as man missing since 1970​

The Isanti County Sheriff’s Office announced Wednesday they have identified human skeletal remains found buried in the area in 2003.

The remains were confirmed to be those of Donald Rindhal, a Ramsey County man went missing in the 1970s, the sheriff’s office said. Investigators believe his body was buried Bradford Township in late 1970 or early 1971, when he was 22 years old.

1642010816588.png

Human remains found in Isanti Co. in 2003 ID'd as man missing since 1970​

The Isanti County Sheriff’s Office announced Wednesday they have identified human skeletal remains found buried in the area in 2003.

The remains were confirmed to be those of Donald Rindhal, a Ramsey County man went missing in the 1970s, the sheriff’s office said. Investigators believe his body was buried Bradford Township in late 1970 or early 1971, when he was 22 years old.

View attachment 13663
Since I recognized the name of both counties, I knew this to be MN before I went into the article.

Another person identified, that's so awesome!!

It reminded me though of something I've thought here and there about commenting on for awhile. The way local newspapers and stations now have links being shared nationwide and internationally on crime sites, social media and more, I wish they'd make it a habit to put the State name in their headlines.

It seems every other day I see something where I wonder what state is that in but don't have time to read the article. We all know there are Rochesters and Buffalos in many states. There are Washington Counties in many states. Etc., etc., etc. Even bodes of water, there are many Long Lakes, Clear Lakes, Round Lakes...

Since I recognized the name of both counties, I knew this to be MN before I went into the article.

It reminded me though of something I've thought here and there about commenting on for awhile. The way local newspapers and stations now have links being shared nationwide and internationally on crime sites, social media and more, I wish they'd make it a habit to put the State name in their headlines.

It seems every other day I see something where I wonder what state is that in but don't have time to read the article. We all know there are Rochesters and Buffalos in many states. There are Washington Counties in many states. Etc., etc., etc. Even bodes of water, there are many Long Lakes, Clear Lakes, Round Lakes...
There once was a time that they did put that and it was the very first thing at the start of the article. I've notice that most do not do that any more.

There once was a time that they did put that and it was the very first thing at the start of the article. I've notice that most do not do that any more.
Yeah, I agree. I think things that always went into local papers that used to come over the wire from the AP always used location at the start for one It is nicer when they do that. I can't count the number of times in recent yearsI have had to google to find out what state a case is in even AFTER reading an article sometimes.

I saw Ramsey and Isanti, Then I knew it was here. Killed when I wasn't even one yr old. 50 yrs. Wow! So glad his family knows his fate. I am doubtful they will catch or find out who the perpetrator is. He would now be 72 himself. I think it is likely the perpetrator is deceased themselves.

I saw Ramsey and Isanti, Then I knew it was here. Killed when I wasn't even one yr old. 50 yrs. Wow! So glad his family knows his fate. I am doubtful they will catch or find out who the perpetrator is. He would now be 72 himself. I think it is likely the perpetrator is deceased themselves.
Yeah, it also mentioned Cambridge which I had just mentioned to you for smokes. I too saw Ramsey and I thought that was not unusual enough to necessarily be MN but then it made me look further and then Isanti was mentioned, well to me that is way more unusual and yep, to see both counties, I figured it had to be MN.

Yes, such an old missing case and so close to home. I'd never known of it but then why would we necessarily, so young when he went missing we would have been. A whole different world at that time news wise too. If they determine who did it, it will likely tie in the "travel", what he was doing or how he ended up where he did and/or who lived there or around there.

Glad he has a name though and the family knows, those that are still alive.

WRIGHT TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — The body of a woman found in a western Michigan ditch has been identified 27 years later.
Authorities using DNA and genealogical tests learned that the remains were Shelly Rae Kephart, also known as Shelly Rae Christian, the Ottawa County sheriff’s office said Thursday.
Christian was 29 in 1993 when she went missing from Hennepin County, Minnesota. Rabbit hunters discovered the remains in 1994, about 12 miles northwest of Grand Rapids, Michigan.
“Although as investigators it’s exciting to have such a breakthrough, we want to acknowledge it’s also a sad time for the family,” Capt. Jake Sparks told The Holland Sentinel.
Christian was the victim of a homicide. Anyone with information is urged to call (877) 887-4536.

WRIGHT TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — The body of a woman found in a western Michigan ditch has been identified 27 years later.
Authorities using DNA and genealogical tests learned that the remains were Shelly Rae Kephart, also known as Shelly Rae Christian, the Ottawa County sheriff’s office said Thursday.
Christian was 29 in 1993 when she went missing from Hennepin County, Minnesota. Rabbit hunters discovered the remains in 1994, about 12 miles northwest of Grand Rapids, Michigan.
“Although as investigators it’s exciting to have such a breakthrough, we want to acknowledge it’s also a sad time for the family,” Capt. Jake Sparks told The Holland Sentinel.
Christian was the victim of a homicide. Anyone with information is urged to call (877) 887-4536.

Here's an article with a couple photos of the victim.

Here's an article with a couple photos of the victim.

Wow, two more. They sure are getting answers for a lot of families and getting them the remains.

The one who went missing from Hennepin Co. in MN found in Michigan is two states and a lot of miles away. I see that one says homicide and I'm not surprised as she wasn't found near home at all. That probably made even a possible match years back harder as she was likely taken out of her home area by someone or her body was.

Ina Jane Doe from 1993 has been identified as Susan Lund.

1647014961053.png

1647015057338.png

"The Jefferson County Illinois Sheriff’s Office and Redgrave Research Forensic Services have confirmed the identity of “Ina Jane Doe,” an unidentified woman whose remains were discovered 29 years ago.

Susan Lund, born 29 Nov 1967, was last seen by her family on Christmas Eve of 1992 when she reportedly left her family home in Clarksville, Tennessee to walk to a local grocery store. Her husband reported her missing soon after. A multi-agency search was conducted over several months. The official missing persons case was closed, but Sue’s family did not stop looking for her."

"Redgrave’s genealogy team arrived at a potential match within a day of beginning to research the DNA matches. The potential ID was passed to law enforcement who then followed up with family members of Susan Lund. A confirmatory DNA sample was provided by a sibling for direct comparison to Ina Jane Doe. On March 6, 2022 it was confirmed via one-to-one comparison that the identity of Ina Jane Doe is Susan Lund."

Susan Lund's thread:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back