CA ARIANNA FITTS: Missing from San Francisco, CA - 5 April 2016 - Age 2 1/2

1667616366636.png
21112057_web1_200328-SFE-Fitts_1.jpg

The San Francisco Police Department is offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to the identification, arrest and conviction of suspects in the unsolved April 2016 murder of Nicole Fitts, and the disappearance of her then-2 1/2-year-old daughter Arianna.

On April 8, 2016 the body of Nicole Fitts was found buried in McLaren Park by San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department employees. That was three days after Nicole and Arianna were reported missing by family members.

Last edited by a moderator:
21112057_web1_200328-SFE-Fitts_1.jpg

The San Francisco Police Department is offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to the identification, arrest and conviction of suspects in the unsolved April 2016 murder of Nicole Fitts, and the disappearance of her then-2 1/2-year-old daughter Arianna.

On April 8, 2016 the body of Nicole Fitts was found buried in McLaren Park by San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department employees. That was three days after Nicole and Arianna were reported missing by family members.

Media - https://www.crimewatchers.net/media...rancisco-ca-since-5-april-2016-age-2-1-2.358/

This is odd. It says April as far as disappearance and when her mother was killed and found and yet the child hadn't been seen since February while with a babysitter? The reward is great but so little information. Was there a bf? Was the child's father involved in her life?

This is odd. It says April as far as disappearance and when her mother was killed and found and yet the child hadn't been seen since February while with a babysitter? The reward is great but so little information. Was there a bf? Was the child's father involved in her life?
I followed this case in the beginning and let me tell you, the information is sketchy.

I looked a bit after reading this this morning and see what you mean. I found this, for instance that had a bit more info but still not much. Call to lure her out was interesting.

Here's a blog that may help you understand a little more background. Since it is a blog, take it for what it's worth. ;)

Here's a blog that may help you understand a little more background. Since it is a blog, take it for what it's worth. ;)

Thank you. That had a bit more info. If the sisters were attached to this child, I guess the good thing is that she could still be alive, not that that would bring any comfort to her family with no answers.

Just finished listening to this podcast. Such a sad case. :( Good listen if you've got the time.

Just finished listening to this podcast. Such a sad case. :( Good listen if you've got the time.

I'll have to listen to it. This case is very very sad! That's for sure.

The part is to an article written on reddit by Unsolved Mysteries sub-reddit they link to all of their sources so I would trust the information they give out. Also found a more recent article by a San Francisco fugitive website. I am not understanding why the babysitters have not been charged with anything yet I would think at least they could be charged with not complying with an order to produce the child for a welfare check. I mean they charged Chad and Lori with not complying and they were taken straight to jail wonder why they wouldn't do the same for this case?

The part is to an article written on reddit by Unsolved Mysteries sub-reddit they link to all of their sources so I would trust the information they give out. Also found a more recent article by a San Francisco fugitive website. I am not understanding why the babysitters have not been charged with anything yet I would think at least they could be charged with not complying with an order to produce the child for a welfare check. I mean they charged Chad and Lori with not complying and they were taken straight to jail wonder why they wouldn't do the same for this case?

I wonder if it is because they are not the parents? If you recall, Lori was ordered to produce the children, and she is the parent, not Chad. She went to jail first long before he did.

One would think they could do something though especially since this is a missing child and no one has seen this child nor knows if the child is alive. Are they even working on this case? Four years have already passed and the opportunity for finding her, people last seeing her and such is all going to be a lot harder to determine if they don't stay on it, imo.

SF Police Release Updated Sketch of Arianna Fitts 5 Years After She Went Missing​

Five years after the remains of 32-year-old Nicole Fitts were found in San Francisco's McLaren Park, police are continuing to look for her 2-year-old daughter Arianna Fitts, who remains missing.

On Thursday, police released a rendering by a forensic sketch artist showing what Arianna may look like now at 7 years old.

1618076851706.png

Family clings to hope missing toddler is still alive​

It’s something that haunts Tess Fitts. Where is her tiny niece Arianna Fitts, who has been missing since her sister, Nicole, was murdered five years ago in San Francisco?

On Thursday, the FBI released an undated sketch of what Arianna would look like today, hoping it will generate leads as to where the little girl may be. Tess Fitts says she prays that Arianna is still alive.

“There is no way I ever thought it take five years to find her,” Fitts said “I absolutely still remain hopeful. I do believe that she is alive and out there. Someone knows where she is.”

There are lots of unanswered questions surrounding the 2016 murder of Nicole Fitts and the disappearance of Arianna. While continuing their investigation in the San Francisco Bay Area, authorities are also turning their attentions to Los Angeles. They believe witnesses may have moved there over the last 5 years.

The FBI told CBS Los Angeles that they have some leads, but would not go into detail as not to jeopardize the case.

Tess Fitts said there was no question in her mind that the murder and disappearance were related.

“For that to happen to her, along with her kid being gone, there’s just no way that it’s not related,” she said.

Police have offered a $100,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the murder of Nicole Fitts and Arianna’s disappearance. In addition, Nicole Fitts’ former employer Best Buy has also provided a $10,000 reward for information to help find Arianna.

“The San Francisco Police Department continues to actively investigate this incident and we will continue to investigate this matter as long as it takes. We will pursue all leads, continue to examine all evidence, and seek out all individuals who may have information,” police said in a statement on Thursday.

“We wanted to speak to everyone who interacted with Nicole leading up to her disappearance. Try to remember every detail you can, no matter how insignificant you think it may be. If you remember something, please contact us even if you previously talked with us,” police said.

FBI Podcast Brings Arianna Fitts' Disappearance Back Into the Spotlight​

The FBI is hoping a new podcast can generate a new lead in the case of a missing Bay Area girl.

The FBI is hoping the latest episode of its "Inside the FBI" podcast doesn’t just reach crime junkies nationwide but someone closer to the Bay Area who might remember a crucial detail in the case.

"We’re hoping that the podcast helps people remember what happened, think about that time," FBI spokesperson Katherine Zackel said.

Even though more than five years have gone by, the FBI says the case is very much active thanks to new evidence. Investigators re-questioned witnesses, and with the passage of time, there’s new forensic advancements that could help pinpoint Nicole Fitts’ killer.

"I can’t talk about the specific evidence in this case, but I can say that it does fall into those two categories: digital and biological," Zackel said.

PODCAST:

43 unsolved missing cases the FBI needs fresh leads on
Amid the disappearance of Gabby Petito that has captured the nation's attention, FBI officials say hundreds of thousands of people go missing every year. In May, the FBI conducted an internal audit and compiled a list of 43 unsolved cases of people under the age of 21 that the agency says need fresh leads. Some date back decades. Here's the list.

Arianna Fitts was 2 when she went missing from Oakland, California, on Feb. 1, 2016. More information and age-progressed photos here.

Arianna Fitts was 2 when she went missing from Oakland, California, on Feb. 1, 2016. More information and age-progressed photos here.
PROVIDED BY THE FBI

A mother murdered. Her toddler missing. And the family left to search for her year after year​

Arianna Fitts was just two-and-a-half years old the last time she was seen by family.

The search for her began when her mother, Nikki, was found murdered and left in a shallow grave in San Francisco's McLaren Park. There was no sign of the toddler.

Arianna's aunt, Tess Fitts, has been facing the soul-destroying mystery of the double tragedy ever since.

"I do believe that Arianna is still alive, and it would mean everything to me to know where she is and to find her," Fitts told CNN recently, and began to cry. "I wait for that day, every single day. I believe that day will come."

But unlike the recent missing person case of Gabby Petito, or the disappearance of Natalee Holloway or the unsolved murder of JonBenet Ramsey, there is no army of obsessed followers also hanging on every development, and no sustained media coverage.

Asked why Arianna was not a household name, Tess Fitts took a long pause.

"I honestly thought she was," she said at last. "It's kind of surprising to me to know that she's not."

211108230611-01-arianna-fitts-aged-super-169.jpg

An image of Arianna Fitts age progressed to 6 years old. She is now 8.

Police offer $250K in case of Bay Area child missing 6 years

San Francisco police on Friday increased a reward to $250,000 from $100,000 for information that can help them find a child who vanished in 2016 and solve her mother's slaying.

The FBI, which is helping in the investigation, also released an updated age-progression photo of what Arianna Fitts may look like as an 8-year-old.

Investigators don't believe the child was with her mother at the time of her death, but do believe Arianna’s disappearance is connected to Nicole’s killing, said Scott Schelble, assistant special agent in charge of the FBI’s San Francisco division.

Officials said at a news conference Friday that they believe there are multiple people with direct knowledge of the case who are not fully cooperating with the investigation and an even larger number of people who may have heard details of what happened that night and where Arianna Fitts could be.

“Perhaps you heard of something or thought of something from that night. Perhaps you know more about Nicole’s last movements or have heard some information about Arianna’s whereabouts,” Schelble said. “We are asking you, please to come forward to law enforcement.”

San Francisco Police acting commander of investigations James Aherne asked that anyone who interacted with Nicole around the time of her death to reach out to authorities, even if they’ve already spoken to police.

“We’re asking every person who saw or interacted with Nicole on that Friday or the days before to think back to that time. Try to remember everything you can about that time,” Aherne said.

1648871155889.png

Police offer $250K in case of Bay Area child missing 6 years

San Francisco police on Friday increased a reward to $250,000 from $100,000 for information that can help them find a child who vanished in 2016 and solve her mother's slaying.

The FBI, which is helping in the investigation, also released an updated age-progression photo of what Arianna Fitts may look like as an 8-year-old.

Investigators don't believe the child was with her mother at the time of her death, but do believe Arianna’s disappearance is connected to Nicole’s killing, said Scott Schelble, assistant special agent in charge of the FBI’s San Francisco division.

Officials said at a news conference Friday that they believe there are multiple people with direct knowledge of the case who are not fully cooperating with the investigation and an even larger number of people who may have heard details of what happened that night and where Arianna Fitts could be.

“Perhaps you heard of something or thought of something from that night. Perhaps you know more about Nicole’s last movements or have heard some information about Arianna’s whereabouts,” Schelble said. “We are asking you, please to come forward to law enforcement.”

San Francisco Police acting commander of investigations James Aherne asked that anyone who interacted with Nicole around the time of her death to reach out to authorities, even if they’ve already spoken to police.

“We’re asking every person who saw or interacted with Nicole on that Friday or the days before to think back to that time. Try to remember everything you can about that time,” Aherne said.

View attachment 14431
Thank you for posting this! I saw her update on Instagram and you got to it before I did. :hugs:

San Francisco police, FBI look for girl missing for 6 years​

San Francisco police and the FBI are asking for help in finding a toddler who disappeared more than six years ago.

The renewed call for help, comes on Arriana's 9th birthday.

by: Vivian Chow
Posted: Mar 15, 2023 / 09:49 PM PDT
Updated: Mar 15, 2023 / 09:49 PM PDT

<snip>
“Investigators and NCMEC believe Arianna could still be alive and they’re asking the public to pay attention to her age progression image,” officials said.

FBI investigators say the search for Arianna has extended nationwide and believe some witnesses have relocated to areas throughout California and Nevada.

<snip>
FBI investigators believe Nikki’s death and Ariana’s disappearance are connected, although they do not believe Arianna was with her mother when she was killed.

“We’re asking everyone, no matter where you are or how busy you may be, to just take a brief moment to look closely at this image,” said Angeline Hartmann, Director of Communications at the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. “You may be the key to finding Arianna and not even know it.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back