KY AMY HAUETER: Missing from Fern Creek, KY - 14 January 2005 - Age 14

Akoya

Cc3V5F5.jpg

Amy Lynn Haueter, missing since January 14, 2005 from Fern Creek, Kentucky.

edited by staff to add media link

*CLICK THE REPORT BUTTON IF YOU'D LIKE THIS CASE MOVED TO THE GENERAL DISCUSSION AREA TO BE OPENED FOR COMMENTING.

Last edited by a moderator:

Case Report - NamUs MP # 6161
Case Information
Status Missing
First name Amy
Middle name Lyn
Last name Haueter
Nickname/Alias
NCMEC number 1007015
Date last seen January 15, 2005 01:00
Date entered 04/15/2010
Age last seen 14 to 14 years old
Age now 25 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Height (inches) 60.0
Weight (pounds) 120.0
Circumstances
City Fern Creek
State Kentucky
Zip code 40291
County Jefferson
Circumstances
Amy was last seen January 15, 2005. Amy has a scar on the left side of her torso.
Physical
Hair color Brown
Head hair
Body hair
Facial hair
Left eye color Brown
Right eye color Brown
Eye description
No known distinctive body features
Distinctive features as described below
Amputations
Deformities
Scars and marks
Surgical scar under left arm extending to left breast
Tattoos
Piercings
Pierced nose, right nostril, double pierced ears
Artificial body parts
and aids
Finger and toe nails
Other distinctive
physical characteristics
Medical
Foreign objects
Skeletal information
Clothing and Accessories
Clothing and accessories are unknown
Clothing and accessories are described below
Clothing
Pink coat, blue jeans
Footwear
Black Nike tennis shoes
Jewelry
Necklace with letter "A", Ring on left ring finger
Eyewear
Contact lenses
Accessories
black backpack
Transportation Methods
Vehicle make
Vehicle model
Year
Style
Vehicle color
Tag type
Tag number
Tag state
Expiration year
Vehicle comments
Airline
Bus
Dental
Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA
Fingerprint Information
Investigating Agency
Title Detective
First name Mike
Last name Perry
Phone 502-574-2111
Website
Case number 0501001813
Date reported January 18, 2005
Jurisdiction Local
Agency Louisville Metro Police Department
Address 1 633 West Jefferson Street
Address 2
City Louisville
State Kentucky
Zip code 40202
Comments
Images
Age progression
Public viewable
The middle photo shows Amy age-progressed to 19 years. (AP completed 7/1/2005) Facial/case ID
Public viewable
Actual photo
Public viewable
Documents
There are currently no documents available for this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.wdrb.com/story/27843215/ten- ... ks-answers

Ten years after disappearance of Fern Creek teen, family still seeks answers

By Ryan Cummings

FERN CREEK, Ky. (WDRB) -- It has been 10 years since Amy Haueter's mother last saw her.

She was 14-years-old when she disappeared in 2005 from her home in southeast Louisville, but her family is not giving up hope of finding her.

Amy was last seen at Cedar Springs Apartments in Fern Creek where she lived with her mother. She told WDRB News that it was a Friday night and she had picked Amy up from movie. Early in the morning she went to check on her, the 14-year-old was gone.

"She wouldn't just not talk to anybody for 10 years," said Amy's brother Clinton, who hasn't seen her in nearly a decade. "You know she went out that night to meet some friends and never came back."

That was Jan. 15, 2005.

“We did what we could,” said Haueter. “We made fliers and put them up around town and there wasn't Facebook then and we pretty much just put up pictures and had detectives on it."

"Since that time, there was no results. No one knows where Amy is," said LMPD Detective Michael Perry who handles cases that are at least six months old.

His department gets about 2,400 missing persons reports a year and a lot are cleared up quickly. Amy's case is now 10-years-old.

"You have previous investigators notes that you're trying to decipher,” said Perry, “make heads or tails of what information is in the case load to determine what was relevant at the time to who collected the information and what may still be relevant that needs to be followed up on."

When Amy Haueter disappeared, she was 5' tall and weighed 120 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes wearing a pink coat, jeans and black Nikes. Her ears and right nostril were pierced.

"At this time with her being an adult we would hope that her name would pop up in the driver's license database or change of address and so far we've met with negative results," said Perry.

"It's gotten better but it's still worse," said Haueter talking about his sister's disappearance.

There may be no clues but there's still hope even 10 years later. Clinton says someone out there has to know something.

"If they know anything, if they know where she's at or can get in contact with her,” said Haueter, “tell her that we still love her and always think of her and always hoping that she'll come back.”

If you have any information on Amy's whereabouts, you can call 1-800-THE-LOST or LMPD at 574-LMPD.

Copyright 2015 WDRB News. All rights reserved.

dmTRK25.jpg

Becky Haueter

RxjAPAh.jpg

Sgt. Donny Burbrink

nuDQY0h.jpg

http://www.k5thehometeam.com/story/2219 ... louisville

Answers are slow to come for police, families searching for missing in Louisville

Posted: May 08, 2013 4:32 PM EDT
Updated: Jun 22, 2013 4:33 PM EDT
By Janelle MacDonald

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - It's a joyful week for the families in Cleveland of the three women who were missing but now have been found. Imagine what hundreds of people in Louisville must be feeling like. They also have missing loved ones, and stories like the amazing, decade-in-the-making reunion give them hope when they're just trying to find closure with the help of a group of Louisville police officers.

"There are days that I hope that she's happy someplace," said Becky Haueter about her missing daughter, Amy, "that she's living with somebody that's taking care of her."

In 2007, after a happy ending in another long-term missing child case, Haueter talked about Amy, who she hasn't seen since Amy disappeared in the Fern Creek area in 2005 when she was just 14.

"The leads just went nowhere," Haueter said.

"You have family members who have been waiting years to find out anything about their loved ones," said LMPD Sergeant Donny Burbrink. "I mean just the closure of it would be fine enough for them."

Burbrink, the head of LMPD's missing persons unit, is working to solve Amy's case and dozens of others.

"Almost 100 in this binder alone and this is from 1983 to September 2012," he said.

Since Monday's discovery of the three missing girls in Cleveland, Burbrink said he's heard from family members here in Louisville who are hoping for a similar ending.

"Any time a high-profile case happens, you'll start getting phone calls from past victims," said Burbrink.

Burbrink said those calls are helpful because sometimes family members may have a new little nugget of information that could give detectives a new lead. For the detectives who work in missing persons, Burbrink said the job is hard. There is only so much they can do, including putting names and information about the missing in national databases and collecting DNA for potential identification. They'd like to be able do so much more for Haueter and others who share her pain.

"I think anything like this would give hope to somebody and we hope it does provide hope because we would like to provide them with some answers to their questions," said Burbrink.

"It is hard to picture, although it's what I want most in the world," Haueter said of a potential reunion with her daughter.

Amy Lynn Haueter has been missing since January 14, 2005 from Fern Creek, Kentucky. She is believed to have left her mother's apartment on her own. Amy lived with her mother and brother at Cedar Springs Apartments. Amy's mother picked up her 14 year-old daughter at a movie on the Friday night when she was last seen. Early the next morning, Amy was gone. Amy's brother, Clinton, says Amy went out to meet some friends and never came back.

Cedar Springs Apartments
Pine Springs Drive
Fern Creek, Kentucky

YS8cT4y.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q= ... %20hensley

Greg Hensley
Yesterday at 8:20am ·
Happy Anniversary to my beautiful wife, Becky Riggs Hensley! Thank you for putting up with me for another year!. I love you more than anything and hope we have many more of these.

Via Becky Riggs Hensley 1/15/15
I want to thank all of my friends who shared this article regarding my daughter, Amy. I have tried to "like" and make comments on them but it quickly became overwhelming. I, and my family, appreciate all of your prayers. It has been 10 years of learning to live and cope without Amy in our lives. Regardless of the length of time, we love and think about Amy every day. We have no new information regarding Amy and this article actually was a surprise to us. I appreciate the renewed interest in Amy's case, for whatever reason, and hope that maybe we might finally uncover some new information.

https://louisvilleky.gov/government/police/amy-haueter

Amy Haueter

Name Amy Haueter
Height 5' 0"
Sex Female
Weight 120 lbs
Race White
Hair Color Brown
Eye Color Brown
Age 14 YOA at time of report

Date Missing January 15, 2005
Location Last Seen 9100 block of Pine Springs Drive
Possible Destination Unknown
Vehicle Description N/A
Additional Remarks

LMPD Report #80-05-001813,
NAMUS Report #MP6161
NCMEC Case #1007015

Amy Haueter was reported missing by family members on 01/18/05. At the time of the report, she was 14 years old. She was last seen at her residence located in the 9100 block of Pine Springs Drive on 01/15/05. She left the residence and family members have not heard from her since. Family members contacted the Louisville Metro Police Department and a Missing Person Report was filed.

Amy Haueter is described as a white female, 5 foot in height, weighing 120 pounds with a thin build. Her hair is described as brown in color with brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a pink coat, jeans and black Nike tennis shoes. Her ears and right nostril are pierced. Amy was wearing a necklace with a letter "A" charm, a ring on her left hand and a ring on her right middle finger.

If you have information or had any contact with Amy around the time she went missing. please contact the LMPD in one (1) of the following ways:

1. LMPD's Missing Persons Unit
633 West Jefferson Street Louisville, KY 40202
Phone (502) 574-7120

2. LMPD Anonymous Tipline
(502) 574-LMPD (5673)

3. Via our anonymous tip website
Click here to go to the site

Contact

Police
(502) 574-7060

LMPD
633 W. Jefferson Street
Louisville, KY 40202
LMPD Headquarters Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm

http://projectjason.org/forums/topic/12 ... ews/page-2

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:35 AM
http://www.wave3.com...819951&nav=0RZF

Local company placing posters of missing kids on vehicles

July 21, 2007 09:35 AM CDT

Mother hopes mobile posters help solve daughter's disappearance

By Maira Ansari

LOUISVILLE (WAVE) -- A nationwide effort to help find missing children is hitting the roads of Louisville hoping to catch your eye. It's called "Project Home Again," and the people behind the effort hope to bring missing children back home. WAVE 3's Maira Ansari reports.

The idea is simple: get pictures and profiles of missing children moving all around town. One Louisville mother whose daughter vanished years ago hopes this effort will help find her daughter.

"I went downstairs to tell her to come on up and go to bed and she was gone," said Becky Haueter. Her daughter, Amy was last seen Louisville in 2005. She was considered a chronic runaway.

That's why Becky says "when she left this time, even I thought it's going to be a few days."

But now, nearly three years later, there is still no sign of Amy. Her profile is even on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

But these days, that's not the only place where you'll see pictures of Amy.

"Trucks are constantly on the move," said HMC service technician Eric Conley.

Pictures of Amy and other local missing children can also be seen on magnetic posters on the back of commercial heating and air-conditioning service trucks.

"You do have people come up and ask what the program is about," Conley said. "I've even had them ask me if it's my child."

Since it started in 1998, Project Home Again, more than 6,000 posters of 250 different children have been placed on service vehicles across the country.

"The 200 contractors that are participating, from California to Florida through Connecticut have posters on their vehicles that are allowing us to help locate these missing children," said HMC Service Vice President Wayne Turchetta.

"It's basically a moving billboard," Turchetta said.

So far, 138 of the children features on the moving posters have been found. Three have been in the Louisville area.

Turchetta says the posters are definitely worth it. "Ten dollars a poster -- I mean, that's a lunch."

Becky says as hard as it is to see her daughter's picture on a missing person's poster, she's glad her picture is moving around town, so someone can hopefully give her answers to her daughter's disappearance.

"There are so many caring people out there," Becky said. "They don't know me. Or my daughter, but they care enough to try to help find her.

If you know any details about Amy's disappearance or the disappearance of any other child, please call 574-LMPD or 1-800-THE-LOST.

This story has also received national attention. NBC Nightly News was in Louisville recently, and plans to feature a story on Project Home Again on July 27th.

Suspected human bones found close to spot where missing girl was last seen

Thirteen years after a Fern Creek teenager disappeared, police are investigating suspected human remains found near her home.

Amy Haueter was last seen January 15, 2005 at the Cedar Springs Apartments. She was 14-years-old.

Around 10 p.m., she left her family's apartment to walk to a friend's house. She was never heard from again.

This week, suspected human remains were found in the woods behind the Cedar Springs Apartments.

"When you hear something like that, it's like I don't know if I should think it's a good thing because it could be her and she's dead, or it's a bad thing because she's dead," Haueter said.

Authorities are working to figure out if the bones are human or animal remains. The Louisville Metro Police Department is investigating and has not said if there could be a link between the two cases.

http://www.wave3.com/story/38472855...l ... -last-seen

http://www.wdrb.com/story/38480766/fern ... ing-sister

Fern Creek man wonders if remains found this month could be his missing sister
Amy Haueter went missing in January of 2005.

Thursday, June 21st 2018, 6:18 pm EDT by Chris Sutter
Updated: Thursday, June 21st 2018, 6:22 pm EDT

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Two weeks ago, Jared Sloan saw a look on his brother's face he had never seen before.

"He was like, 'I just found bones in the woods,'" Sloan said.

Sloan went back into the area, right behind his dad's house on Beulah Church Road, to see for himself. Pictures were snapped, and an eerie feeling began taking over.

"We told dad about it, and he called the cops," Sloan said.

Investigators told him and his brother that the remains belonged to an animal, but they weren't satisfied with that answer.

"I knew there was no way," Sloan said.

He called his old biology teacher from high school. She came over and thought the 18-year-old could very well be onto something.

This time, Sloan and his family got in touch with the coroner. LMPD then decided it was worth a second look.

As the news started to come out Tuesday, Clinton Haueter got online and watched video of the Forensic Crime Scene Unit pulling up and investigators combing the tree line.

Clinton is the brother of Amy Haueter. The 14-year-old left Cedar Springs Apartments in January 2005 and hasn't been seen since.

"She was going to a friend's house, and it wasn't far away at all," Haueter said. "It was just the craziest thing. She was there one minute, gone the next."

The discovery of those bones peaked Haueter's interest.

"That's a really big coincidence, because that site and our old apartment complex are really close together," he said.

The distance between both places is less than a mile. The questions are now taking over. What if Amy Haueter had been there the whole time? How could it have potentially been so close?

"It would suck if that's her," Haueter said. "But at the same time, it would be a lot easier on my family if we knew what happened and we could put the whole thing to rest."

The Hauters, Sloan and his brother are now waiting to hear if in fact the discovery will end a more than decade old mystery. LMPD still isn't saying if the remains belong to a human. If you know anything about where Amy may be, you can call 1-800-THE-LOST or 574-LMPD.

http://www.wave3.com/story/38472855/sus ... -last-seen

Suspected human bones found close to spot where missing girl was last seen

By Sara Rivest, Multi Media JournalistCONNECT

Amy Haueter was last seen January 15, 2005 at the Cedar Springs Apartments. She was 14-years-old.

Around 10 p.m., she left her family's apartment to walk to a friend's house. She was never heard from again.

Her brother, Clinton Haueter, was 15-years-old at the time.

"She's been missing now for pretty much as long as she was with us, so she could look like anything or be doing anything," Haueter said. "But whatever she is, she's still my sister."

There have been few leads in the case and each one has gone nowhere.

"Remains will pop up in different states and my mom will get a call saying they need DNA or something to try to match it up," Haueter said.

This week, suspected human remains were found in the woods behind the Cedar Springs Apartments.

"When you hear something like that, it's like I don't know if I should think it's a good thing because it could be her and she's dead, or it's a bad thing because she's dead," Haueter said.

Authorities are working to figure out if the bones are human or animal remains. The Louisville Metro Police Department is investigating and has not said if there could be a link between the two cases.

"I still have dreams about her all the time," Haueter said.

Haueter said anything would be better than not knowing what happened to his little sister.

"Of course we'd rather her be alive," he said. "I mean you hear about it all the time, someone's been missing for 30 years and they just pop up and hopefully that can happen for us. But I think right now it just sucks being in limbo with it."

Amy would be 28-years-old.

Any information on her case should be passed along to police at 502-574-LMPD (5673).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back