ALCALA AND THE UNIDENTIFIED: Serial Killer Rodney Alcala’s Photos Released: Can You ID Any Of These Women?

1602114225185.png

From Wikipedia

In March 2010, the Huntington Beach and New York City Police Departments released 120 of Alcala's photographs and sought the public's help in identifying them, in the hope of determining if any of the women and children he photographed were additional victims. Approximately 900 additional photos could not be made public, police said, because they were too sexually explicit. In the first few weeks, police reported that approximately 21 women had come forward to identify themselves, and "at least six families" said they believed they recognized loved ones who "disappeared years ago and were never found".

None of the photos were unequivocally connected to a missing person case or unsolved murder until 2013 when a family member recognized the photo of Christine Thornton, 28, whose body was found in Wyoming in 1982 (see below).

As of September 2019, 109 of the original photos remain posted online, and police continue to solicit the public's help with further identifications.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was really into this case when it first broke. So many of those faces look familiar to me. I'm glad to see some of them are now marked alive. That was kind of why I stepped back from it, because we couldn't get any verification of who was found and who wasn't and it was like spinning your wheels if you're spending time on somebody who was found and you didn't know it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheSandlot6
Back