AHMAUD ARBERY: Georgia vs Greg & Travis McMichael & William Bryan for murder *GUILTY*

1588813454918.png 1588813480378.png
Mother seeks justice after son shot while jogging in Brunswick, pair involved in killing not arrested

It’s been over two months since a young black man jogging in Brunswick, Ga., was gunned down by two white men who said they thought he was a possible burglar.

Ahmaud Arbery’s mother wants to know where is the justice.

“I just think about how they could allow these two men to kill my son and not be arrested, that’s what I can’t understand,” Wanda Cooper told news partner First Coast News.

A police report states about 1 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23, Glynn County officers responded to Satilla and Holmes drives where shots were fired. They found Arbery, 25, dead on the scene.

Gregory McMichael, who worked several years for the Brunswick Police Department before serving as an investigator in the Brunswick District Attorney’s Office, told police there were several break-ins in the neighborhood. He said he saw Arbery running down Satilla Drive and asked his son Travis McMichael to help him confront him.

McMichael and his son got a shotgun and handgun because they “didn’t know if Arbery was armed or not.”

The father and son got into their truck and drove down Satilla toward Burford Drive. Gregory McMichael stated when they arrived at Holmes Drive, they saw Arbery running down Burford, according to the report.

Gregory McMichael told police they attempted to cut off Arbery and shouted “stop, stop, we want to talk to you.”

McMichael pulled up next to Arbery, and Travis McMichael got out of the truck with the shotgun. According to statements, that’s when the father said Arbery attacked his son and the two men started fighting over the shotgun. Travis McMichael fired a shot and then a second shot.

After video appears to show black jogger gunned down by 2 white men in coastal Georgia, family demands arrests

The fatal shooting of a black man — apparently recorded on video in February and posted online Tuesday by a local radio station host — will go to a grand jury in coastal Georgia, according to a district attorney.

Elements of the disturbing video are consistent with a description of the shooting given to police by one of those involved in the incident.

Ahmaud Arbery, 25, was jogging in a neighborhood outside Brunswick on February 23 when a former police officer and his son chased him down, authorities said. According to a Glynn County Police report, Gregory McMichael later told officers that he thought Arbery looked like a person suspected in a series of recent break-ins in the area.

After they chased down Arbery, McMichael told police, Arbery and McMichael’s son Travis struggled over his son’s shotgun. McMichael said two shots were fired before Arbery fell to the street, the report said.

S. Lee Merritt, an attorney for the Arbery family, said in a statement that the two men involved in the chase “must be taken into custody pending their indictment.”

Gov. Brian Kemp said the Georgia Bureau of Investigation has offered resources to Durden for his investigation. “Georgians deserve answers,” Kemp tweeted.

Kemp also retweeted the GBI’s post that Durden “formally requested the GBI to investigate the death of Ahmaud Arbery.”

Attachments

• 1588813857428.png
    1588813857428.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 2
I had read this and figured the robberies are BS or if they are real, they did not call them in and planned on hunting down whoever they thought should not be in their neighborhood with their vigilante crew all on their own... Sorry but they come across with the info so far as if they consider themselves a branch of the law... Badge or no badge... Makes me ill and ashamed there are people like this out there. I think race is overplayed sometimes by media and in some cases but in this case, it sure looks like they felt they were above and had every right to pretty much hunt and kill.
just where was he going to conceal anything he robbed? Their "explanations" just make it worse to me, rather than justify them in any way.

just where was he going to conceal anything he robbed? Their "explanations" just make it worse to me, rather than justify them in any way.
I don't think he robbed anything either. I am saying that even if he did at some other time or they thought he did, they were out of line no matter what they thought. I doubt he ever did a single thing ever.

If I had to go with what this sounds like thus far, this is a bunch of racist men who had a fit anyone was in their neighborhood that they didn't think should be or a park even worse, looking for something or someone to intimidate and go after.

They DISGUST ME. And how this was handled after and on that night triple disgusts me that they were not hauled in, interrogated, tested, and more.

I don't think he robbed anything either. I am saying that even if he did at some other time or they thought he did, they were out of line no matter what they thought. I doubt he ever did a single thing ever.

If I had to go with what this sounds like thus far, this is a bunch of racist men who had a fit anyone was in their neighborhood that they didn't think should be or a park even worse, looking for something or someone to intimidate and go after.

They DISGUST ME. And how this was handled after and on that night triple disgusts me that they were not hauled in, interrogated, tested, and more.

I wonder if they belong to any white supremacist movements.

They sure sound like it don't they? Or at least are some dumbarse remnant of what they think is superior or power and "run" their area... I don't get too much into the race thing with a lot of cases because i sometimes think it has nothing to do with a case but in this one??? From what I have read and seen so far, I am ashamed to be white if these men think they represent others!! Or what looks like a crooked little powered up area... Of course, I base that only on what news has been shared so far so I may change my opinion but that sure looks like the case here.

I've seen a picture on social media of a man who resembles Gregory (the father) at a Rome, GA KKK rally in 2016, as part of the "Royal White Knights". It's a side view and not conclusive, and no names were captioned with the photo, so I didn't share it. But it certainly resembles him.

A very thorough and interesting read.

As a side note, the woman in the picture whose sign says Death to AmeriKKKa I don't think is helping anything. Death to the KKK may have been better. I get what she means but not all Americans are part of that organization nor ever would be. Not I, not anyone here that I know of nor anyone I know of in my life.

A very thorough and interesting read.

As a side note, the woman in the picture whose sign says Death to AmeriKKKa I don't think is helping anything. Death to the KKK may have been better. I get what she means but not all Americans are part of that organization nor ever would be. Not I, not anyone here that I know of nor anyone I know of in my life.

I think she's referring to that part of America, not all of America.

I think she's referring to that part of America, not all of America.

I would guess so too but when I first glanced at the photo, seriously, I never even noticed the triple K, I thought I saw two. I get her intent, it is just that at a glance or even a distance it looks like death to our country. I certainly have no argument with the demise of that group.

Here is a question that crossed my mind. Let's just say there were robberies (which I am leaving open) and these guys had seen their best friend's white young son from their neighborhood doing it AND actually caught him in action (or not), does anyone believe they would have reacted like this and shot the friend's son?? I don't, not for one minute. And that alone, to me, says it all.

Here is a question that crossed my mind. Let's just say there were robberies (which I am leaving open) and these guys had seen their best friend's white young son from their neighborhood doing it AND actually caught him in action (or not), does anyone believe they would have reacted like this and shot the friend's son?? I don't, not for one minute. And that alone, to me, says it all.

Exactly!

Even if he was literally running down the street with a stolen TV from that house (like the man in the Twitter video)...that STILL doesn't give them the right to shoot him.

Nope. And the 2nd DA or whoever it was that outright said there was nothing to question and it was a citizen's arrest?? WHAT??? That has never been the way I understood a citizen's arrest which one had better be very careful about anyhow and are not heard of very often. At MOST, they have evidence of what could maybe be called a trespass of private property with a home unoccupied and under construction.

To endorse what they did would be similar to endorsing you are driving and you see the car behind you go off the shoulder for a moment or God forbid, speeding. So you stop them, block them, whatever, confront them with firearms and shoot them. What kind of person in a prosecuting capacity could even say such a thing???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back