TN ADRIANNA & JENNIFER WIX: Missing from Cross Plains, TN - 25 March 2004 - Age 2 & 21

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
1580616759154.png

Adrianna's photo is shown age-progressed to 11 years. She may be in the company of her mother, Jennifer Wix. Jennifer's photo is shown age-progressed to 31 years. They may still be in the local area. Adrianna has a birthmark on her right thigh and she may go by the nickname Nina. Jennifer has a tattoo on her back.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Adrianna and her mother, Jennifer Wix, were seen together between 9:00 and 9:30 p.m. on March 25, 2004. Jennifer's live-in boyfriend, William Benton, initially stated Jennifer and Adrianna left home with an unknown individual.

He later altered his story and said he and Jennifer had an argument and he dropped her and Adrianna off at an Exxon gas station near Exit 112 off Interstate 65 in Cross Plains, Tennessee. After five to ten minutes, Adrianna and Jennifer got into a white four-door early 1990's model mid-size car, at a gas station near Exit 112 off Interstate 65 in Cross Plains, Tennessee.

Benton stated Jennifer went to their home, without Adrianna, the next afternoon. She was driving the car she'd gotten into the previous day. She asked for her income tax return but her boyfriend's parents were not at home to give her the money so she left and said she would come back for it. She never did.

Jennifer and Adrianna have never been heard from again. Neither of them had any personal items, money, or extra clothes when they disappeared.

Jennifer and Adrianna may still be in the Cross Plains area, or they may have traveled to Florida. They are believed to be in danger, as it is uncharacteristic of Jennifer to be out of touch with her family.

NCMEC - NamUs - Charley Project -
1580616913759.png 1580616922221.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
Missing mother, daughter case reaches 15-year mark

A missing mother and daughter case has reached its 15-year mark, as authorities are still puzzled by the disappearance of Jennifer Wix and her daughter, Adrianna. Adrianna was only 2 years old when she and her mother disappeared in 2004.

When the incident first happened over a decade ago, NewsChannel 5 interviewed Jennifer's then-live-in boyfriend, Joey Benton.

Benton told deputies Jennifer had left him at an Exxon gas station, only to visit him the next day at their house without Adrianna. When she left again, she didn't take the income tax return she had received in the mail.

She hasn't been seen since.

While their bodies have never been found, the Robertson County sheriff and TBI reclassified the missing persons case as a homicide investigation, in 2013.

Despite the lack of any progress in finding them, 15 years later, Jennifer's grandmother, Kathy Nale, still begs for answers. She hasn't stopped searching for her daughter and granddaughter for over a decade, and has even gone so far as to hire a private investigator to sort through the case.

"My mother's gut has always felt that [Jennifer] was no longer with us, but my granddaughter, I've never felt that way," Nale said.

Anyone with information on what may have happened to Jennifer and Adrianna Wix is asked to call the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation at 1-800-TBI-FIND (1-800-824-3463).

Kimster

Director of Things
Staff member
Long gone are the posters once stapled to power poles across town and the search crews have all packed up and headed home.

What remains is a mother and grandmother who can’t forget, because once you lose a child, life is never the same.

“We’ve got this big gaping, missing hole in our hearts,” said Kathy Nale.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
@Kimster - Have you listed to the Vanished podcast for these two? Kathy is interviewed. It's from 2017 so I'm not sure if it was posted on our old threads for them.

You're dang right about suspicious behavior! And I'm sure they didn't talk about everything. And downright unprofessional behavior by the investigators.

Kimster

Director of Things
Staff member
@Kimster - Have you listed to the Vanished podcast for these two? Kathy is interviewed. It's from 2017 so I'm not sure if it was posted on our old threads for them.

You're dang right about suspicious behavior! And I'm sure they didn't talk about everything. And downright unprofessional behavior by the investigators.

I must have because I've listened to the vanished podcast on this case. Jenn's mom posts updates on her personal Facebook and that's probably where I got it. I'm glad you listened to it! This case should have been wound up a long long time ago. Really makes me angry. Did I tell you that I spoke with the original detective on the phone one time?

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
I must have because I've listened to the vanished podcast on this case. Jenn's mom posts updates on her personal Facebook and that's probably where I got it. I'm glad you listened to it! This case should have been wound up a long long time ago. Really makes me angry. Did I tell you that I spoke with the original detective on the phone one time?
They actually spoke to you?! After listening to the podcast, I'm surprised!

Kimster

Director of Things
Staff member
They actually spoke to you?! After listening to the podcast, I'm surprised!
He did! It surprised Kathy too. I have my notes from the conversation. It was many years ago, back when we were at the old place. The one thing that he told me that made me realize that Kathy was on the right track was that he said that where the girls went missing was a family compound and they had not been able to search it like they wanted. He never did come out and say that he thought the girls were on that compound, but I got the message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Windstorm