TX SAMUEL OLSON: Missing from Houston, TX - 27 May 2021 - Age 5 *Found Deceased**GUILTY PLEA*

1622258866146.png
5 year-old Samuel Olson was taken by an unknown male from a southwest Houston home in the 8800 block of McAvoy Dr. at about 7:30 a.m. on May 27th 2021.

Samuel was wearing a gray t-shirt with a red Kool-Aid man on the front of his shirt, jean shorts, and white “Buzz Lightyear” tennis shoes. Samuel was also wearing two mis-matched superhero socks. Samuel has golden-brown hair, but he also has a patch of white hair on the back / right of his head. He is missing two of his bottom teeth, and he has a crease (or pointed area) on the top of his left ear.

If you have seen Samuel Olson since his reported disappearance, if you know of his current whereabouts, or if you have any information whatsoever concerning Samuel’s disappearance; please call the Houston Police Department at (832) 394-1840 – or call Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500.

1622258912993.png

MEDIA - SAMUEL OLSON: Missing from Houston, TX since 27 May 2021 - Age 5

Last edited:
He definitely did enough to deserve charges. However, he did also call in the tip about her being at the motel, and for that I'm thankful.
Not excusing anything. He should have called immediately instead of waiting weeks, helping hide the death, etc. But he eventually did the right thing (IMO).

He definitely did enough to deserve charges. However, he did also call in the tip about her being at the motel, and for that I'm thankful.
Not excusing anything. He should have called immediately instead of waiting weeks, helping hide the death, etc. But he eventually did the right thing (IMO).
Actually, he didn't call in the tip. :confused:

Police arrested Balboa at the motel shortly after. The room was registered to a man named Dylan Walker, who was later grilled by police. The 27-year-old told police Balboa called him on Monday to say "she needed help because she was involved in an altercation."

Walker noted that he was the caller who reported the tip to CrimeStoppers.

Well damn. I misread this as him being that man. But no, it was another man entirely. There goes his .01% right thing credit. Back to 0.

He said he and Balboa drove to a storage unit located at 16650 Highway 3 in Webster, Texas, according to court documents. On June 1, court documents said Balboa called another man to drive her and the plastic tote to Jasper, Texas. That man called in a Crime Stoppers tip and Samuel’s body was found, authorities said. Samuel Olson case update: Mug shot released of Theresa Balboa’s roommate charged in connection to 5-year-old’s death

Samuel Olson death: Weapon that killed 5-year-old may have been found, prosecutor says​

As the second person charged in the death of 5-year-old Samuel Olson posted $100,000 bond on Thursday, the chief prosecutor in the case revealed that a weapon that may have been used to kill the boy has been located.

On top of being ordered to house arrest, Rivera was banned from the use of firearms, as well as being in contact or around children and family members of Balboa or Olson.

Beall also revealed that they believe they found the weapon that may have led to the boy's death. No specifics were given as to where the weapon was found. Additional testing is being performed on it to confirm whether it was used to killed Samuel.

Shortly after Rivera made bond, Tonya Olson, the boy's grandmother issued the following statement Thursday afternoon:

"We are vey disappointed! That the bond was so low. And our hearts are broken that he gets to walk around free and Sammy can't!"

A man who provided a tip to authorities investigating the disappearance of 5-year-old Samuel Olson, whose body was found earlier this month in a Jasper motel, has been charged in the case.

Dylan Walker, 27, of Coldspring, was charged with tampering with physical evidence with an intent to impair a human corpse. He posted bond on $125,000 bail on Thursday. He is the third person charged in the case, along with Theresa Balboa and her roommate Benjamin Rivera.

Theresa Balboa charged with capital murder in 5-year-old Samuel Olson's death​

Theresa Balboa, the woman accused of trying to hide the lifeless body of her boyfriend's 5-year-old son, has been charged with capital murder in the boy's death.

The Harris County District Attorney's Office confirmed with Eyewitness News on Thursday the added felony charge against the woman who was already charged with tampering with evidence in the death of Samuel Olson.

'I have no words for her' | Samuel Olson's mother reacts to news of capital murder charge in son's death​

The mother of Samuel Olson spoke for the first time since someone was been charged with murder in the 5-year-old’s death.

His father's girlfriend, Theresa Balboa, is now charged with capital murder. Olson's mother says although she's glad about the charges she wants more justice.

"Honestly, I was waiting so long to get my son back. This is not how I wanted to celebrate him coming back," Sarah Olson said.

Balboa was already in custody charged with tampering with a corpse.

“I have no words for her," Sarah Olson said.

“I'm thankful that someone's finally being held accountable for my son and I’m hoping more justice gets served,” Sarah Olson said.

She says the boy's father, Dalton Olson, should also be charged. He's not facing any charges, and the Harris County District Attorney's Office says it will not comment on this case at this time.

Two others, Benjamin Rivera and Dylan Walker are charged with tampering with evidence.

“Keep fighting for your babies. Don't stop fighting for your babies. Do whatever it takes, just make sure they're safe," Sarah Olson said.

High-profile attorney assigned to capital murder case against Theresa Balboa​

High-profile attorney Anthony Osso was assigned to the capital murder case against Theresa Balboa.

Osso said the first step was putting together a defense team to help in the case. He said they’ll likely hire an independent pathologist to review the autopsy.

“It’s a slow process and we ask people to keep an open mind. It’s an unfortunate situation and we don’t have all the evidence in the case yet. It’s gonna take us a while to figure this out,” Osso said.

Hearing for woman accused of 5-year-old's murder delayed so lawyer can review 'new evidence'​

The woman charged in the death of 5-year-old Samuel Olson was supposed to go before a judge Thursday morning. The hearing didn't happen, and the judge was furious.

The latest update in this case is that there is a mountain of evidence that the defense team now has to sift through.

The team said there is about a terabyte of information, with things like cellphone records, body camera footage, GPS location and other information from the investigation.

The defense needs time to go though it all so they can begin to build their case, and also find the experts they need to analyze all the information.

Judge Hazel Jones is asking if any more evidence may be handed over because she is trying to set a date for the next court hearing to keep things moving along.

"There is so much discovery. Terabytes of info. Phone records, DNA, GPS. So much material," said Balboa's attorney, Anthony Osso.

Trial date set 1 year after disappearance and killing of 5-year-old found at motel in Jasper, Texas​

One year ago, the body of a 5-year-old child initially reported missing was found in a plastic container at a motel in Jasper with his father's girlfriend at the time.

Theresa Balboa, 30, is in jail and charged with capital murder in the death of 5-year-old Samuel Olson.

Her case is set for trial in February of 2023. Because she is charged with capital murder, Balboa is eligible for the death penalty. The district attorney's office said it would ultimately be left up to the elected DA Kim Ogg to determine if that will be pursued.

Balboa's attorney said the case is moving along quicker than many of the backlogged cases, and they will be prepared for the trial date.

Who the F kidnaps their own child. Goes through all that trouble and detail to kill them?. I know alot of times it's to get back at the other parent, Which makes no sense. But it doesn't seem to be the motive here.

ByCharly Edsitty
Wednesday, May 17, 2023 8:33AM

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A plea hearing is scheduled Wednesday for a Houston woman charged with capital murder in the death of a 5-year-old boy in 2021.

Theresa Balboa is accused of killing her boyfriend's child, Samuel Olson, two years ago, then lying about it.

If she enters into a plea agreement, she could potentially avoid the death penalty, which is on the table because of her capital murder charge.

It was nearly two years ago when the case broke wide open.

A plea agreeement??

And WHERE are the charges against this child's father??????????????????????!!!!!

Ana Gonzalez, Digital Content Producer
Brittany Jeffers, Reporter
Published: May 17, 2023 at 8:33 AM
Updated: May 17, 2023 at 12:22 PM

HOUSTON – The woman charged with capital murder in connection with the death of a 5-year-old Webster boy in 2021 took a plea deal during a court session on Wednesday.

Theresa Balboa, who stood alongside her attorney in the courtroom, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in the death of 5-year-old Samuel Olson.

As punishment, she will serve 52 years in prison and must serve 26 of those years before becoming eligible for parole.

The boy’s mother, Sarah Olson, took the stand and provided an impact statement during court, saying her punishment “is not justice.”

“She admitted to what she did,” she said. “For 52 years with a chance of parole after 26 years...my son didn’t get six years of life, but she gets a chance at one?”

She added that Balboa, “not only took Samuel’s life, but also mine.”

Andy Kahan, director of Victim Services and Advocacy for CrimeStoppers, told KPRC 2 that the plea deal was “the best of all possible scenarios.”

Ana Gonzalez, Digital Content Producer
Brittany Jeffers, Reporter
Published: May 17, 2023 at 8:33 AM
Updated: May 17, 2023 at 12:22 PM

HOUSTON – The woman charged with capital murder in connection with the death of a 5-year-old Webster boy in 2021 took a plea deal during a court session on Wednesday.

Theresa Balboa, who stood alongside her attorney in the courtroom, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in the death of 5-year-old Samuel Olson.

As punishment, she will serve 52 years in prison and must serve 26 of those years before becoming eligible for parole.

The boy’s mother, Sarah Olson, took the stand and provided an impact statement during court, saying her punishment “is not justice.”

“She admitted to what she did,” she said. “For 52 years with a chance of parole after 26 years...my son didn’t get six years of life, but she gets a chance at one?”

She added that Balboa, “not only took Samuel’s life, but also mine.”

Andy Kahan, director of Victim Services and Advocacy for CrimeStoppers, told KPRC 2 that the plea deal was “the best of all possible scenarios.”
Yeah whatever. Best of all possible scenarios. REALLY? I remember this case. And he is the director of Victim Services, doesn't sound like the victim's mother agrees with him now does it...?? And make no mistake about it, the family who aren't responsible are victims as well, that is who victim advocates in court work for. Doesn't sound in this case like they listened to her...

The 52 years might be all right with NO chance of parole.

Samuel Olson's mother upset her son's killer did not face trial after plea deal​

The mother of 5-year-old Samuel Olson said she is upset that her son's killer did not go to trial after entering a guilty plea Wednesday morning.

After the court hearing, she told KHOU 11 News she doesn’t think Balboa’s charge should’ve been reduced from capital murder to murder, saying she was robbed of seeing her son grow up.

“You’re an absolutely disgusting person,” Sarah Olson said. “I think she should get life. She has the chance of parole in 26 years. There’s still that chance she can get out. She shouldn’t have a chance at all.”

Olson said she wanted the case to go to trial.

Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg said quote, “We have now guaranteed that she has been held accountable, will serve decades in prison and can never appeal her sentence, and that is, in small measure, justice.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjiupsgeorp
Back