WI EAU CLAIRE JANE DOE: F, 25-35, found in a purple suitcase on an abandoned farm in Eau Claire, WI - 4 Oct 2020 *ROSALY CHAVARRIA-RODRIGUEZ*

NamUs lists a possible first name of Rosaly. Not sure how they came up with that.

There is a Rosaly missing from Lake Delton, Wisconsin - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

They must have reason to believe it is her, and are maybe just waiting on DNA.
Eau Claire is far closer to the Dells and Lake Delton than Lake Geneva.

Wow, I had not heard about this. It is close to my home area, Eau Claire was our closest shopping city. There are not too many to my knowledge missing people in northern Wisconsin. I can think of one other off of the top of my head and a teen that has been missing for years. It sounds as if they know who this is though? It surprises me they would list a name before being sure. Maybe they found some ID or something...? Because this woman could be from any state, etc.

In a suitcase on an abandoned farm. I wonder if the farm has connection or someone just disposed of the body there. I think we all know the thoughts fitting an adult female into a suitcase bring so I won't go there, although it could be a very large case. I also wonder if she was kept somewhere else for years and recently put on the property.

The NamUs file has been removed. Rosaly's case is still up. My guess is they have a "tentative" ID but are getting overrun with the same tip about Rosaly so they pulled the case from public view. (JMO)

Human remains found in Chippewa Co. may be missing Reedsburg woman​

The victim of a gruesome homicide investigation near Eau Claire may be a Reedsburg woman, reported missing for months.

Investigators have not made an official connection, but a woman of the same first name—also from Wisconsin Dells—is also missing. The Reedsburg Police Department is handling the “Rosaly ‘Cindy’ Chavarria Rodriguez” case. The 26-year-old was reported missing by her ex-husband on July 21.

Chippewa County officials say they have a person of interest, but he is not yet in custody.

The NamUs file has been removed. Rosaly's case is still up. My guess is they have a "tentative" ID but are getting overrun with the same tip about Rosaly so they pulled the case from public view. (JMO)

Human remains found in Chippewa Co. may be missing Reedsburg woman​

The victim of a gruesome homicide investigation near Eau Claire may be a Reedsburg woman, reported missing for months.

Investigators have not made an official connection, but a woman of the same first name—also from Wisconsin Dells—is also missing. The Reedsburg Police Department is handling the “Rosaly ‘Cindy’ Chavarria Rodriguez” case. The 26-year-old was reported missing by her ex-husband on July 21.

Chippewa County officials say they have a person of interest, but he is not yet in custody.
It seems like if they have a person of interest, they are likely fairly confident of who the woman is...

Here is an article releasing the description of the clothing she had on when found. I would say based on the clothing description and knowing where Rosaly “Cindy” Chavarria Rodriguez worked this is most likely her. Her missing file is no longer up on NamUs or Doe Network so I guess now we have to look at who is this person of interest and when will an arrest be made?

Last edited:

Here is an article releasing the description of the clothing she had on when found. I would say based on the clothing description and knowing where Rosaly “Cindy” Chavarria Rodriguez worked this is most likely her. Her missing file is no longer up on NamUs or Doe Network so I guess now we have to look at who is this person of interest and when will an arrest be made?
So she was found in the barn per that article. I never knew or at least never caught that, just that she was on the property of an abandoned farm.

I did find a very short missing page about her. Predictably, a few guessed it is the ex-husband but someone else on there said she did not think so, she knew them both, and said she was not going to go into it but he was working.

That begs the question of do they know exactly when she went missing but just sharing a couple of comments.

If he was an ex-, she could have very well been dating someone else for all we know and broke up with someone who was upset or some such. Very little info in this one.

I tried the State court records to find her but I don't know if it is the number of names and I am using the wrong ones (but I tried almost every combo) or why but was unsuccessful and see not even a divorce. I came up with two people who I thought may be her but the age was wrong.

One other thing I will say is Chippewa County/Eau Claire is a ways from Lake Delton/Reedsburg/Wisconsin Dells, about two hours. For where I live one goes through the Eau Claire area to the Dells but they are not like immediately nearby and Chippewa County is even further in the opposite direction than where Eau Claire is.

Therefore, someone traveled to dispose of her, she was visiting the area or someone, etc.

I am not the best mapper but I am going to try here. This shows you it is no short hop but again a two hour trip. Now you will notice that it is mostly highway/freeway.

Although the location is out of town some, it is not far but in my next post you will see there are businesses in the general area and I think two farms one can see. I can say that anyone who knows these back ways and this farm is most likely familiar with the Chippewa area. While GPS exists these days, an "abandoned farm" I think you would have to know about most likely...

Anyhow this is just the general highway route to Chippewa from the Dells...

Okay, I guess there may be more like four farms on the road between 20th and 30th. The two large ones seem unlikely to be abandoned.

If you follow T up and down you will see while not on the highway or in town, it is not too far out. If you go up/north, you will also see a couple of bars. To me, again, someone knew this area and this abandoned farm. It doesn't mean they have to live there but they know...

I should point out Northland Builders was just my landmark. The road is 60th/T from 30th south to 20th where the farm is, somewhere in that mile...

Finally officially identified as Rosaly.

Remains Found In Suitcase Identified As Woman Missing From Wisconsin Dells Area​

Human remains found in a suitcase in western Wisconsin last year have been identified as those of a woman reported missing after working in a popular tourist area in the state, according to sheriff’s officials.

Authorities said DNA was used to identify Rosaly Cindy Chavarria Rodriguez, who was 25 at the time she was reported missing in July 2020. Rodriguez, a native of Peru, had been working in the Wisconsin Dells area, Chippewa County Sheriff Jim Kowalczyk said in a statement Monday.

Investigators suspected the remains might be Rodriguez because of clothing matched those belonging to her. Officers had learned the remains were located at the farmhouse during a drug investigation, when an informant told them about it.

“The problem with this is we still don’t know where she was killed; we don’t know where the homicide took place,” Kowalczyk said.

Investigators said they have identified a person of interest, but were not more specific. Kowalczyk said there is no danger to the public in western Wisconsin, saying the suspect was last seen in southern states.

A crime lab in Texas officially released DNA test results to Kowalczyk last week, saying the profiles matched Rodriguez.

rosaly-chavarria-rodriguez.jpg
48852443-10065493-image-m-9_1633552519653.jpg

Glad she was identified. Drug investigation how she was found. Not surprised honestly. I don't' know about her, not judging, but someone working in the Dells ending up dead in rural Chippewa County in a barn is odd to me, two very completely different areas. Native of Peru and thought to have returned to Peru per the one resort. I wonder how long she had been in the Dells and how she came to be there or working there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back