UT DYLAN ROUNDS: Missing from Lucin, UT - 28 May 2022 - Age 19 *Found Deceased**GUILTY PLEA*

1654822383468.png

Family offering $20,000 reward for man who disappeared after ‘weird run-in’ with stranger​

Katie Wells of Rigby tells EastIdahoNews.com her nephew, Dylan Rounds, was last seen Saturday in Lucin, Utah, on the farm where he is working. Rounds apparently called several family members last Wednesday after having a “weird run-in” with a guy on a gravel road.

“The man was walking down the gravel road barefoot. He flagged Dylan down, who was in his truck. He asked to use Dylan’s phone and was acting erratically. Dylan felt the man was dangerous and may have been high. When he asked Dylan for a ride, (Dylan) did not give him a ride,” Wells explains.

Wells says the man was spotted in Montello, Nevada several days later asking about Dylan and there are reports that the man got a ride to Dylan’s trailer on Saturday.

“We don’t believe anything was ransacked,” Wells explains. “Dylan is missing, his phone is missing and his wallet.”

Noting Dylan’s age, Wells says some people seem to think Dylan ran off, but she suspects foul play.

“He is an old soul, farm boy at heart. All he wants to do is get up and work all day every day. He isn’t interested in partying, he isn’t interested in travel. He never dated in high school. He’s not your typical 19-year-old,” Wells says.

Dylan’s mom, Candice Cooley, lives in Twin Falls and his dad, Justin Rounds, lives in Ucon. They are actively involved in the search and are offering a $20,000 reward to anyone who finds him or knows where he might be.

MEDIA - DYLAN ROUNDS: Missing from Lucin, UT since 28 May 2022 - Age 19

Last edited:
It's a bit unclear. My understanding now, which is different than I thought before, was that Dylan wanted to purchase this land. But Grandpa's name is also on the property. Probably because he got it when he was 16. I'm not sure if the land was originally grandpa's, or if they purchased it "together" when Dylan was 16.
Yeah, I do recall that now, that they'd purchased land together... Perhaps the 640 acres is the property where the grain truck was parked...
So either the locked gate and truck isn't actually that big of a deal / abnormal, OR they're just deflecting away from it.
Just deflecting?

I heard his mom say that he has been farming there since he was 16 so that led me to believe that the grandpa has been successfully farming the land for a while. But who knows?
grandpa didnt think he could grow grains there, but not sure what grandpa did there. My guess would be livestock of some kind. Can't remember if anything stated what he actually did.

I heard his mom say that he has been farming there since he was 16 so that led me to believe that the grandpa has been successfully farming the land for a while. But who knows?
Yeah I heard the last three years too but she also said he was told by all that land wouldn't grow anything and it sounds like just now he is starting to prove them wrong and he has been working on the soil or some such. This leads me to believe the farm wasn't raising crops or they (grandpa) hadn't had it long? But then if you aren't planting 640 acres what are you doing with it... It's just all a bit unclear imo.

Yeah I heard the last three years too but she also said he was told by all that land wouldn't grow anything and it sounds like just now he is starting to prove them wrong and he has been working on the soil or some such. This leads me to believe the farm wasn't raising crops or they (grandpa) hadn't had it long? But then if you aren't planting 640 acres what are you doing with it... It's just all a bit unclear imo.
could be livestock

Nancy Grace has picked up Dylan's story, FWIW.

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace: Teen Farmer’s Boots Found, But Where is Dylan Rounds?​

Dylan Rounds, 19, has been missing from his Utah farm since May 28. That morning, Rounds spoke with his grandmother, and that was the last time anyone spoke to the farmer. His pickup truck and other equipment remain on the property, but his wallet and phone are gone.

Rounds’ boots were found discarded on the farm, but mother Candice Cooley, says Dylan was particular about his footwear and only wore the one pair.

LISTEN AT LINK.

I think it was in the latest video I posted that they were encouraging Dylan's mom to get in touch with Texas Equusearch. Looks like she did. Not sure if they're going to be actively searching or not, but he's at least featured on their site.

I think it was in the latest video I posted that they were encouraging Dylan's mom to get in touch with Texas Equusearch. Looks like she did. Not sure if they're going to be actively searching or not, but he's at least featured on their site.

Has LE said where his phone last pinged, if it shut off and when/where the phone went off radar if it did?

TX Eq will come on if LE okays it the way I understand it generally and if LE will provide info like that, last pings, areas last seen, etc. to them.

LE talks as though they are pretty sure he is not in that three or five mile area whichever it was and looking at the terrain, I can see why they might feel they would have seen him if he were... So where is there to search other than that as far as last sighting, pings of his or pings of a suspect's phone...

Unless someone got him into a vehicle and transported him, I don't see many places a body could be hidden easily in that terrain but then pictures only give a glimpse.

And they can't search private property or buildings, etc. without permission or cause I imagine...

Has LE said where his phone last pinged, if it shut off and when/where the phone went off radar if it did?

TX Eq will come on if LE okays it the way I understand it generally and if LE will provide info like that, last pings, areas last seen, etc. to them.

LE talks as though they are pretty sure he is not in that three or five mile area whichever it was and looking at the terrain, I can see why they might feel they would have seen him if he were... So where is there to search other than that as far as last sighting, pings of his or pings of a suspect's phone...

Unless someone got him into a vehicle and transported him, I don't see many places a body could be hidden easily in that terrain but then pictures only give a glimpse.

And they can't search private property or buildings, etc. without permission or cause I imagine...

per this article
"The last ping on his phone was at 3:41 pm that afternoon, and it was at or within 15 miles of the farm."

without a warrant, they can not search private property without the permission of the owner.

per this article
"The last ping on his phone was at 3:41 pm that afternoon, and it was at or within 15 miles of the farm."

So what did he do all day after talking to grandma briefly then? Assuming of course it was him in control of the phone at 3:45 p.m. Did he go into town yet again for a third day? Is the 15 miles in the direction of the town or halfway? Did someone come back with him to the camper the day before from town? They do claim someone fairly short maybe was driving his truck or behind the wheel last... Maybe someone thought he had too much to drink (I am not saying he did drink just a possibility) and offered to drive his truck and him home? Could even be a female. Maybe he didn't have the seed covered the day before as he was out and didn't get back or have a chance to do so until that morning... So it seems solid since grandma talked with him Sat. a.m. that he was alive Sat. a.m. It was a call and his voice and not a text right?

So it would appear he was back from that town and back safely as of Saturday morning and then something happens later on that day on the farm? Unlikely then it was anyone from town just coming out a day later and in the day time.

So what was he doing 15 miles away and who lives or works 15 miles away? 640 acres is a square mile or can be if laid out in a pretty square chunk like that so it is unlikely any of their land is 15 miles away, even in linear fashion that's too far to be likely.

without a warrant, they can not search private property without the permission of the owner.
I know. Unlikely though that grandma and grandpa would refuse so right there is a lot that can be searched as to inside and buildings, etc.

So what did he do all day after talking to grandma briefly then? Assuming of course it was him in control of the phone at 3:45 p.m. Did he go into town yet again for a third day? Is the 15 miles in the direction of the town or halfway? Did someone come back with him to the camper the day before from town? They do claim someone fairly short maybe was driving his truck or behind the wheel last... Maybe someone thought he had too much to drink (I am not saying he did drink just a possibility) and offered to drive his truck and him home? Could even be a female. Maybe he didn't have the seed covered the day before as he was out and didn't get back or have a chance to do so until that morning... So it seems solid since grandma talked with him Sat. a.m. that he was alive Sat. a.m. It was a call and his voice and not a text right?

So it would appear he was back from that town and back safely as of Saturday morning and then something happens later on that day on the farm? Unlikely then it was anyone from town just coming out a day later and in the day time.

So what was he doing 15 miles away and who lives or works 15 miles away? 640 acres is a square mile or can be if laid out in a pretty square chunk like that so it is unlikely any of their land is 15 miles away, even in linear fashion that's too far to be likely.
He was not necessarily 15 miles anywhere.

The 15-miles is in reference to the radius of the ping. Based on the cell tower it pinged off of, it could only be narrowed down to a 15-mile radius. His phone was somewhere within that 15 miles. Not 15 miles away from his farm.

He was not necessarily 15 miles anywhere.

The 15-miles is in reference to the radius of the ping. Based on the cell tower it pinged off of, it could only be narrowed down to a 15-mile radius. His phone was somewhere within that 15 miles. Not 15 miles away from his farm.
True but they also don't say when home or talking to grandma that morning, etc. whether it typically pinged that 15 mile ping radius/range so I take it to mean it wasn't where it would ping if home at that later time in the day but that they mean he was elsewhere... Could be wrong of course--maybe it always pinged the very same place.

True but they also don't say when home or talking to grandma that morning, etc. whether it typically pinged that 15 mile ping radius/range so I take it to mean it wasn't where it would ping if home at that later time in the day but that they mean he was elsewhere... Could be wrong of course--maybe it always pinged the very same place.
They have not specified where the phone pinged when he was talking to grandma. That's one thing the mom has said repeatedly. They also haven't said where any of his other phone pings were from, other than the last one at 3:40-something.
She's said it's assumed that he was at home/farm while talking to grandma, because he talked about getting his truck put away before the seed got wet. BUT he COULD have been elsewhere (perhaps still in Montello) and just needing to get home to get the truck put away. That has not been specified/confirmed/released at this time.

The sheriff's office in Nevada stated that cell data showed he was at his farm.
You're right. Found it in a press release.

1655255298135.png

I wonder why mom keeps insisting that that hasn't been proven that he was home when the call was made. She's brought it up in several interviews.

There are so many inconsistencies in this case between the family, LE, and others. What day he was seen in Montello. When and where his phone pinged. Whether or not he gave the "stranger" a ride (who apparently knew Dylan and was not barefoot). Whether or not there was animosity between the fired farm hand and Dylan.

It's getting frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheSandlot6
Back