UT DYLAN ROUNDS: Missing from Lucin, UT - 28 May 2022 - Age 19 *Found Deceased**GUILTY PLEA*

1654822383468.png

Family offering $20,000 reward for man who disappeared after ‘weird run-in’ with stranger​

Katie Wells of Rigby tells EastIdahoNews.com her nephew, Dylan Rounds, was last seen Saturday in Lucin, Utah, on the farm where he is working. Rounds apparently called several family members last Wednesday after having a “weird run-in” with a guy on a gravel road.

“The man was walking down the gravel road barefoot. He flagged Dylan down, who was in his truck. He asked to use Dylan’s phone and was acting erratically. Dylan felt the man was dangerous and may have been high. When he asked Dylan for a ride, (Dylan) did not give him a ride,” Wells explains.

Wells says the man was spotted in Montello, Nevada several days later asking about Dylan and there are reports that the man got a ride to Dylan’s trailer on Saturday.

“We don’t believe anything was ransacked,” Wells explains. “Dylan is missing, his phone is missing and his wallet.”

Noting Dylan’s age, Wells says some people seem to think Dylan ran off, but she suspects foul play.

“He is an old soul, farm boy at heart. All he wants to do is get up and work all day every day. He isn’t interested in partying, he isn’t interested in travel. He never dated in high school. He’s not your typical 19-year-old,” Wells says.

Dylan’s mom, Candice Cooley, lives in Twin Falls and his dad, Justin Rounds, lives in Ucon. They are actively involved in the search and are offering a $20,000 reward to anyone who finds him or knows where he might be.

MEDIA - DYLAN ROUNDS: Missing from Lucin, UT since 28 May 2022 - Age 19

Last edited:

James Brenner pleads guilty to murder of Utah teen Dylan Rounds​

James Brenner, charged in the death of once-missing Utah teen, has pleaded guilty to the murder Dylan Rounds.

The agreement was announced by the Box Elder County Attorney’s Office that said it has worked closely with Rounds’ parents to review options and to structure the plea deal signed by Brenner in First District Court in Brigham City Wednesday.

Brenner previously assisted in the location of Rounds’ remains that were recovered on April 9 as part of the plea and that was a condition of the agreement, the attorney’s office said. Brenner was charged with first-degree murder and desecration of a human body. The murder charge will be reduced to second-degree murder of Dylan Rounds, and the other count will be dismissed. Prison time will be mandatory as part of the agreement.

Brenner will be sentenced in the same court on July 1.

“Being able to bring Dylan home and bring this prosecution to a successful conclusion is a great relief,” Box Elder County Attorney Stephen Hadfield said. “It has been amazing to see what the tireless and unrelenting efforts of so many different people can accomplish. We wouldn’t be here today without each of their individual contributions.”
Second degree? I hope Dylan’s family had a say in that decision.

Man pleads guilty to killing Dylan Rounds; mom says he was 'mad' about where Rounds parked​

The man charged with Dylan Rounds' murder pleaded guilty on Wednesday, shortly after helping investigators locate Rounds' remains.

James Brenner, 61, pleaded guilty in Utah's 1st District Court as part of a plea deal that resolved three separate cases. A charge for aggravated murder, a first-degree felony, was reduced to murder, a second-degree felony, and a charge for desecration of human remans, a third-degree felony, was dismissed.

"We'd definitely been waiting for it, right. It's a giant elephant out of the room. It's definitely a relief in that sense," said Rounds' mother Candice Cooley.

The possible sentencing in the case of one to 15 years "is not justice. It isn't. But it's what the law is," she said.

Cooley told KSL the family was told Brenner had been "mad that Dylan put his truck in the shed that day. That's it, just mad. It was absolutely shameful that that's what it is over, and then that's probably all we'll ever get out of him. There's no legal arrangement that can make him tell us exactly what happened that morning," she said.

Nevertheless, "We can take a deep breath now. We don't have to wonder what the next phone call's going to be," Cooley said.

It had BETTER be 15 years and not ONE. I can understand needing him back more than pursuing stiffer charges without every finding him nor knowing more. Totally.

There is the part that he will be out in 15 if not ONE even and kill someone else, however, there also was no guarantee what would happen here with he charges and a no body case and what jury would decide.

They've been living in an unknown day to day for years now. Two to be exact and now they have as much as they will likely get and at least have him and a somewhat explanation. I can BELIEVE it was over something this minor with this guy and the fact Dylan wanted his seed or feed or whatever it was out of the rain. I can only guess Brenner thought it was not his right to do or use and he was in charge of that shed. Isn't that what it was or something on that order? All that was kind of talked of but a bit vague.

I would hope ANY judge would see it all for what it is, plea deal or not, and give him 15. I hope the deal doesn't name years both sides agreed to like 1 or 5 or some such. If they say 1 to 15 I am guessing not and that such was agreed to and he gets what a judge decides in that range.

She was judged, and I thought too at times she was turning LE's help against their but I get it and she was Dylan's MamaBear right up to the end here. This also shows what truly mattered to them versus vengeance, was getting whatever answers they could and mostly FINDING DYLAN and getting him back.

This case had had lot of attention but at the same time did not with others that popped up during.

Brenner did not have a pot to piss in nor a life it seems imo and so he should beg for a roof and life instead of even 15. Kill someone over such a thing? WTH is wrong with this "man"?

Even 15 is an unfair short sentence but again I can see if that is what it took to get him back why you'd go there. And his mom deserves credit. She railed at LE and the system and I did not think it always wise but you know what, it SHOULD be different. There is a huge disconnected between LE and victim's family members and it needs to be bridged. Big time. They and their red tape might take a month while you know time is of the ESSENCE if your child may still be alive and want action NOW.

Methinks "parking issue" is not really what happened.
What do you think was?

I never believe words that come from a perp and only a perp. It does however fit with what Dylan told his grandma about having to go and getting his seed out of the rain or some such.

Of course Brenner would know such a story would fit.

I don't know that I believe it is true or isn't, just wondering what you are thinking the reason or motive was then?

What do you think was?

I never believe words that come from a perp and only a perp. It does however fit with what Dylan told his grandma about having to go and getting his seed out of the rain or some such.

Of course Brenner would know such a story would fit.

I don't know that I believe it is true or isn't, just wondering what you are thinking the reason or motive was then?
No idea but definitely not just a "parking issue"

No idea but definitely not just a "parking issue"
And maybe it isn't and was something more or a young teen's attitude, and a man who thought himself in charge or wanting to be was ticked. Hard to say the real reason.

I dont' have time to go back and read specifics but it does fit with stuff in the beginining. At first we did not know whose land was whose, if Dylan had a right to park his truck in it to keep his load dry, etc. and there was talk if I recall that Brennan oversaw it or some such. I can't give the details nor recall them all but I recall that much and a bit more.

Of course this is known so Brennan coudld be giving that as his reason and it is a lie, possible, but it also fits.

Dylan's last contact was with his grandma if I recall and he had to go as it looked about to rain and he was worried about his seed that cost whatever for his crop that year.

I think Brennan was jealous, insecure, did not like Dylan's attitude and so on. This man I believe was also friends with his grandparents or the person whose land and help Dylan had or some such. I can't recall all and I certainly am not dissing the victim but do think we have a kid who are as they are at that age and going to conquer the land, the world and feel they have rights to things others may not feel they do or have an issue with.

It fits imo with things said from the very beginning of wanting his seed dry. And I believe Brennan controlled that site and shed, etc. And he likely just took access. He was very worried about his load getting wet.

I recall a lot just not every little thing.

Anyhow, just wondered what you thought as to otherwise and thought you knew something rather than no idea. Thanks for answering. Parking there may sound minor but this man had an issue with what he ran or thought he did, etc. And I think it unclear to this day about who and what has to that shed but I don't think Dylan had a right to park there necessarily without permission. It was not his nor his grandparents if I recall correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheSandlot6
Back