1639627939468.png
carlo.jpg

Rebecca Ponte says she has full custody of her son, 3-year-old Carlo Ponte. She says the boy’s father, Jorge Ponte, took off with their child during a visitation.

"He is on the run, he has no money. I don’t know what he’s doing. It’s absolutely terrifying. I can’t think, I can’t function. All I can do is put up flyers and try to help just put the word out," mom Rebecca Ponte said.

Marysville Police is investigating the case and says the boy is endangered. They are asking for the public to help in this case.

Carlo is developmentally delayed and non-verbal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Police say Jorge Ponte took his son, Carlo Ponte, from the Marysville Police Department parking lot during a scheduled visit on July 10 and never returned him.

According to police, Jorge is not his son's primary custodial parent. He is reported to be homeless and is known to frequent YMCAs, community centers, homeless shelters and soccer facilities.

The little boy is developmentally delayed and non-verbal.

‘Endangered’ Marysville toddler missing for almost 3 weeks​

Jorge Ponte picked up his 3-year-old son, Carlo, on July 10 for a scheduled visit. It was supposed to last from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Now, Marysville police are looking for both of them. Carlo is considered missing and endangered, and a judge has ordered him to be returned to his mother.

Almost three weeks later, Rebecca Ponte is desperate for answers. Police reported an unconfirmed sighting in Mattawa, about 180 miles from Marysville, on July 18. Carlo’s mother has been putting up English- and Spanish-language posters everywhere from Mukilteo to Aurora Avenue to Tacoma.

Jorge and Rebecca Ponte were in the midst of a divorce. Since April, the father has been able to see his son, who has a developmental disability and is non-verbal, on Wednesdays and Saturdays, according to court documents.

He showed up at 9:30 a.m. on July 10 at the Marysville Police Department, where he met with a court-appointed guardian. Rebecca Ponte showed up with Carlo at 10 a.m. Jorge Ponte then buckled his son into a car seat and seemed impatient, the guardian wrote in an email to lawyers the next day.

Jorge Ponte said to her, “This is MY time with Carlo,” reported the guardian, who was supposed to supervise the father’s visit with Carlo. The guardian told Jorge Ponte she would follow him wherever he wanted to go with his son. Without answering, he drove off.

Rebecca Ponte said she didn’t get to say goodbye.

Jorge Ponte went to a Burger King drive-thru, according to the guardian’s report. Then he reportedly went to a gas station and got out of the car. Jorge Ponte came to the guardian’s car window and said, “You’re not keeping up with me.”

He drove north on the freeway. The guardian did not follow him because “I felt that (the father) was playing a game with me, rather than acting like a responsible adult, arranging to meet at a certain location,” the guardian wrote, calling his behavior “disturbing.”

Jorge Ponte reportedly called the guardian about 30 minutes later, saying he wasn’t going to return Carlo.

Three days after Jorge Ponte fled with his son, a Snohomish County Superior Court commissioner granted an immediate restraining order, authorizing police to return the son to his mother and ordering the father to undergo a psychological evaluation. In a separate civil case, Rebecca Ponte reported that her husband had threatened to take away Carlo so she could never see him again. She wrote that in February.

Carlo was born prematurely, 23 weeks into the pregnancy. He then spent five months in the hospital. He’s due for surgery in September.

“When I’m with other 3-year-olds, I’m just like sometimes in tears because he’s just been through a lot,” Rebecca Ponte said.

This fall, Carlo is set to start at an early learning center in Marysville, his mother said.

1627618715597.png

wait what.... the guardian stayed back.....? that somehow is raising a red flag....
I agree the guardian didn't act responsibly in my opinion if he (the father) wasn't complying with arranging a known location to spend time with the child why would the guardian wait 30 minutes to report this to anyone? Why not call for help immediately when it was realized that he (the father) wasn't acting normal? I really feel like someone other than the father is going to be in trouble for this one before it's over with.

Did it say that the guardian waited to report it? We know that Jorge called the guardian after 30 minutes saying he wasn't going to bring Carlo back. But we don't know if the guardian called right away or waited a bit. We just see quotes from the written report after the fact. But yes, I do agree that if she did wait to report it, that's extremely negligent.

But IMO, if someone told me "you're not keeping up with me" and then took off on the freeway, I probably wouldn't play chase either. I would do my best to keep up with them obviously, for the well-being of the child, for as long as I could do so safely. But if it came down to him trying to be evasive and lose me, zooming in and out of traffic, I'm probably not going to play that game and call it in immediately.

Being that the father had apparently made threats to take Carlo so his mother would never see him again in FEBRUARY, I'm not sure why Carlo was allowed to be transported by his father in the first place, though. I wonder what the custody/parenting plan was. Every "supervised visit" I've ever been a part of in this state (Washington), the guardian transports the child.

Did it say that the guardian waited to report it? We know that Jorge called the guardian after 30 minutes saying he wasn't going to bring Carlo back. But we don't know if the guardian called right away or waited a bit. We just see quotes from the written report after the fact. But yes, I do agree that if she did wait to report it, that's extremely negligent.

But IMO, if someone told me "you're not keeping up with me" and then took off on the freeway, I probably wouldn't play chase either. I would do my best to keep up with them obviously, for the well-being of the child, for as long as I could do so safely. But if it came down to him trying to be evasive and lose me, zooming in and out of traffic, I'm probably not going to play that game and call it in immediately.

Being that the father had apparently made threats to take Carlo so his mother would never see him again in FEBRUARY, I'm not sure why Carlo was allowed to be transported by his father in the first place, though. I wonder what the custody/parenting plan was. Every "supervised visit" I've ever been a part of in this state (Washington), the guardian transports the child.
No the guardian stayed back … it written in the report further up…

Jorge Ponte went to a Burger King drive-thru, according to the guardian’s report. Then he reportedly went to a gas station and got out of the car. Jorge Ponte came to the guardian’s car window and said, “You’re not keeping up with me.”

He drove north on the freeway. The guardian did not follow him because “I felt that (the father) was playing a game with me, rather than acting like a responsible adult, arranging to meet at a certain location,” the guardian wrote, calling his behavior “disturbing.”

Jorge Ponte reportedly called the guardian about 30 minutes later, saying he wasn’t going to return Carlo.”

Police: $1,000 reward offered for help finding little boy taken by homeless father
Authorities are pleading for help from the public in finding a homeless man who police say ran off with his 3-year-old developmentally delayed son over a month ago and never returned him to his mother.

Police say Jorge Ponte took his son, Carlo Ponte, from the Marysville Police Department parking lot during a scheduled visit on July 10. A reward of up to $1,000 is now being offered for information leading to Jorge Ponte's arrest.

A $100,000 criminal arrest warrant for first-degree custodial interference has been issued for Jorge Ponte, and police say he needs to be taken into custody so that Carlo can be returned to his mother.

Police seek help in Marysville child abduction​

Police say Jorge Ponte is known to frequent YMCAs, community centers, homeless shelters and soccer facilities, and could be using an alias for the child of Leonel Solorano-Valdovinos.

The last known vehicles associated with this abduction are a blue 2005 Dodge Caravan with a Washington license plate of #BBC4721 and a white 2011 Volkswagen Jetta with a Washington license plate of #ACS6089.

There is an arrest warrant for Jorge Ponte for custodial interference in the first degree.

Police say Jorge Ponte took his son, Carlo Ponte, from the Marysville Police Department parking lot during a scheduled visit on July 10 and never returned him.

According to police, Jorge is not his son's primary custodial parent. He is reported to be homeless and is known to frequent YMCAs, community centers, homeless shelters and soccer facilities.

The little boy is developmentally delayed and non-verbal.
Homeless. That's great. You don't even take care of yourself. I think this was purely for control. Idiot.

Never saw this one until just now.

If a parent needs a guardian to supervise, it seems to me they should be staying put in a room at the police station or other arranged place OR at minimum they need to change the way this is done. I can only guess a judge ordered this and the father perhaps argued he wanted to be able to take his child to "do things" but usually if they can't take overnights or are a concern where they need supervision, it is supervised indoors at an arranged location always and they cannot LEAVE with the child. Joe Ryan in the Vallow case had to do that to see Tylee with Lori's allegations, it is how Alex knew where Joe would be that day when he tased him.

So there's no actual Amber Alert and I have never heard of this case so that right there shows you there is little public awareness most likely. This mother doesn't have her son now for months and they haven't found them??

My thought is he could be in any state or living in a vehicle but with a child along who is disabled, maybe he had something lined up in the way of public housing or assistance he could not get himself without a child...? You qualify for much more assistance if you have children. He'd probably have to use a different name of course... People too would far more quickly feels sympathy for him with this child and assist him... Maybe he is not at a YMCA or anything like that... He also could be with a friend or relative but if he had had that option, I wouldn't think he would have been homeless to begin with...

How was this man surviving prior? Disability check or something? What I mean is he had a vehicle, he had to get gas, he went to a Burger King, he has to receive money from somewhere... He has to have a way he is feeding himself and his child... Are there actual BOLOs out for the vehicles? I would think they could track him by tracking whatever income he had that he was using...

I guess on my first read, I just get the impression it is not being taken very seriously and is that because he is with a noncustodial parent?

I have not read a link just the posts so maybe I am incorrect but he met with a "court appointed guardian"... Are we sure this is not a family member? Someone they determined to be a go between who they felt could be impartial, or a mutual friend? It is more likely maybe a guardian ad litem which is usually an attorney but I don't see them having a lawyer follow a man on a visit with his child... Someone from children services? My point is, is this someone who knows the mother and father... That let him go? Or a stranger to them both appointed by the court?

They were at a police station for an exchange for a supervised visitation for goodness sakes. While I can see not following him on any high speed chase, whoever it was, court officer or family member type of in between, they could have tried to keep him in sight safely as long as possible while calling in for a police officer... One would think she would have called the minute he got in the car and took off... Maybe at the station there should have also been an officer present at that moment until plans were arranged because then the officer would have seen him take off on the guardian to begin with...

I may have things wrong as this was just a quick read through of the posts here. Just thoughts.

Carlo is still missing. One year today.
Not sure how a homeless parent has kept a special needs child hidden for a year. He must have help from family.
Doesn't sound like the vehicle/s have ever been located, either....

The last known vehicles associated with this abduction are a blue 2005 Dodge Caravan with a Washington license plate of #BBC4721 and a white 2011 Volkswagen Jetta with a Washington license plate of #ACS6089.

Carlo is missing another year. Two years now.
Still baffled at the lack of media or even law enforcement attention on little Carlo. He'd be 5 now.

View attachment 19856
I remember his picture. The father is described as homeless. So he can't even take care of himself. Or take responsibility. A stable place to live, A job. Much less take care of a child. And a special needs child. And the poor boy is non verbal. I hope they find little Carlo and this idiot!

LE doesn't surprise me they've done nothing or seem not to have. The system there couldn't even keep him safe during a supervised visitation at the police station.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back